March 28, 2024, 07:11:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #5 7/29/11 - 8/03/11  (Read 294285 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 29, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:18:14 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »

ummmmmmmmmmmm as usual I wasn't paying attention. Seems like we go day to day now and not by page 50 ending......  Oh well...... we are here now

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 05:25:21 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
karenmamo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »

And so good to be here............a little glimmer of hope today.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28708803/detail.html
Casey Could Be Ordered Back To Orange Co.
DOC Looking For Direction From Judge Strickland
POSTED: 3:53 pm EDT July 29, 2011
UPDATED: 5:08 pm EDT July 29, 2011

Video at link.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony could be ordered to return to Orange County to serve a year of probation after all. It's a very real possibility that Anthony could be forced out of hiding.
In another twist Friday afternoon, the Department of Corrections told WESH 2 News that if Judge Stan Strickland were to issue an order clarifying his original intent, it would begin proceedings to supervise Anthony's probation.

That would mean Anthony would return to Orange County where she would be put into the probation system.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28708803/detail.html#ixzz1TX2Oi2BU

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »

Have you all seen this, I think he may have a good chance at having Baez and Mason disbarred this time, he makes several good points! Remember Baez serving the Mall with papers to obtain the Mall video when there was a Caylee "sighting". He surely discussed this with his client the skank, and it was supposedly a drowning and cover up.And that's just a start to this statement! Maybe this time the Bar will take their licences!

Name: David Palmer                                                            Attorney:  Jose Baez (No. 13232
Organization: Committee to Expose Dishonest/                                  522 Simpson Rd.
Incompetent Attorneys/Judges/Public Officials                                      Kissimmee, FL 34744
URL: www.noethics.net                                                                         office@baezlawfirm.com
Email: Noethics1@aol.com                                                   Attorney:  James Cheney Mason
Folsom, CA 95630                                                                                 390 N. Orange Ave. Ste 2100
                                                                                                             Orlando, FL 32801
                                                                                                             cheneylaw@aol.com
The Florida Bar                                                                                       
Grievance Committee
651 E. Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300

July 14, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Below are facts that I believe will lead you to conclude that the aforementioned attorneys have engaged in egregious misconduct. If you require any additional information please feel free to drop me a line.

Part II:  Facts/Allegations re:
              Re: Violations of Rule 3-4 Rules of Professional Conduct

The following facts deal with the conduct of attorneys Baez and Mason relative to the recently concluded trail of Casey Anthony. That conduct would I believe include the following:

a)     Assisting or permitting a witness to testify falsely
b)     Offering testimony or other proof lawyer reasonably believes is false
c)      Conduct aimed at deceiving the triers (jury) of fact
d)     Conduct involving fraud, deceit and/or misrepresentation

First and foremost it should be understood that this ethics complaint has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion as to correctness and/or incorrectness of the acquittal of Casey Anthony. Put simply, the jury’s verdict is irrelevant to the misconduct of Baez and Mason.

False testimony of Cindy Anthony

During opening statements, the Prosecution claimed that Casey Anthony had looked up chloroform and how to make chloroform at least 84 times. On June 8, and in order to prove this fact, the Prosecutor put forth the testimony of John Bradley who develops software for computer investigations. Bradley testified that he recovered deleted searches on the Anthony family desktop computer and that someone searched the website Sci-spot.com for the word “chloroform” 84 times.

As you well know, this testimony was devastating to the defense since prosecution witnesses testified that they discovered chloroform in Casey Anthony’s trunk where the baby was claimed to have been stored for a short period of time after her death.

On June 23, fifteen (15) days after Bradley’s testimony, Baez and Mason called Cindy Anthony to testify for the defense. During her sworn testimony, Cindy claimed it was she that carried out the multiple chloroform searches on the family computer at her home.

Subsequently, Cindy’s testimony was proven false when testimony from her employer proved she was at work when the chloroform searches were performed.

Did Baez and Mason suborn Cindy Anthony’s Perjured Testimony?

It cannot be disputed that Baez and Mason had 15 days to discover whether Cindy’s testimony that she performed the chloroform searches was believable or a fabrication. Clearly Baez and Mason absolutely knew that Cindy was employed as a nurse at a local hospital. Therefore, prior to calling her to testify on June 23 all they needed to do was to call her the hospital to determine if she was actually working when the chloroform searches took place.

Any reasonably competent and/or ethical criminal defense attorney would surely have made the call to Cindy’s employer before being duped into eliciting false testimony from her. If either of them had done so they would have immediately recognized that her anticipated testimony would be fabricated.

Did Baez and Mason act reasonable re: Cindy Anthony’s testimony?

The Code of Conduct provides the following definitions:

Reasonable: …denotes the conduct of a reasonably prudent and competent lawyer
    Reasonable belief: …denotes that the lawyer believes the matter in question and that the circumstances are such that the belief is reasonable

Would any reasonably prudent and competent attorney have the chutzpah to assert that he/she had no duty to determine if a potential witness was about to give perjured testimony. This is especially true when all that was required was a single phone call to the hospital where Cindy Anthony was employed. To argue otherwise wouldn’t pass the involuntary laugh test!

On his website, attorney Mason promotes himself by making the following claims:

1)     Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer
2)     News media, on all levels often invite him to produce expert commentary on legal issues involving criminal law…
3)     Publisher of numerous legal articles
4)     Teaches trial techniques to Prosecutors/Public Defenders at Univ. of Florida

Mason obtained his law license forty (40) years ago in 1971. He was board certified in criminal law 24-years ago in 1987. It would be frivolous to the nth degree for Mason to claim incompetence in failing to perform a modicum of due diligence (calling the hospital) before putting Cindy Anthony on trial.

It can safely be assumed that a first year law student would have determined if Cindy was actually at home or work when the chloroform searches were performed. In fact, anyone with an I.Q. just a tad north of the legal speed limit in a school zone would have so acted.

What is truly distressing is the fact that 15-days passed before Baez and Mason called Cindy to the witness stand for the sole purpose of destroying the prosecution’s evidence that it was Casey who did the chloroform searches. Yet, these self-proclaimed stalwarts of the defense bar were so incompetent that they never did so.

Conclusion

Sadly, it appears that Baez and Mason were more concerned with self-promotion in defending a high-profile case then they were in conducting themselves in accordance with their oaths as Officers of the Court.

I’m not suggesting that Baez and Mason were obligated to spill the beans on Cindy regarding what turned out to be her false testimony. However, the Rules of Conduct clearly prohibited them from placing her on the stand when they had to know her testimony would be patently false. Any claim by Baez and Mason to the contrary should be treated with the same contempt they displayed for complying with the Professional Rules of Conduct.

Something must be done to reign in this “win at all cost” mentality that is much too prevalent among some members of the bar. Is it any wonder that the vast majority of Americans have absolutely no respect for the legal profession?

Clearly these are self-inflicted wounds by unethical members of the Florida Bar. If the Bar gives Baez and Mason the proverbial wink and a nod, then they are merely inviting even more egregious misconduct in the future.

Please provide me with a copy of any responses to this complaint that you receive from Mr. Baez and/or Mr. Mason.

Under penalties of perjury, I declare that the foregoing facts are true, correct and complete.

http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1812:ethics-complaint-v-casey-anthony-attorneys-jose-baez-a-james-mason-&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »

shannon tks, no I haven't and welcome to sm's........

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 05:50:45 PM »

Whoever Dave Palmer is, he's my new hero!     At least someone said something about those scumbags.   Way to go DAVE!!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
Clerk's office: paperwork being drawn up to put #CaseyAnthony on probation for check fraud. Fl DOC: Would require return to Orange County
12 minutes ago

I just saw this on Bob Kealing's twitter.  I don't know how to bring the link.

Here's the link (thanks SunnyinTX) that can be used for any of Bob Kealings tweets.  MB

http://twitter.com/#!/bobkealing
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:02:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »

Have you all seen this, I think he may have a good chance at having Baez and Mason disbarred this time, he makes several good points! Remember Baez serving the Mall with papers to obtain the Mall video when there was a Caylee "sighting". He surely discussed this with his client the skank, and it was supposedly a drowning and cover up.And that's just a start to this statement! Maybe this time the Bar will take their licences!

Name: David Palmer                                                            Attorney:  Jose Baez (No. 13232
Organization: Committee to Expose Dishonest/                                  522 Simpson Rd.
Incompetent Attorneys/Judges/Public Officials                                      Kissimmee, FL 34744
URL: www.noethics.net                                                                         office@baezlawfirm.com
Email: Noethics1@aol.com                                                   Attorney:  James Cheney Mason
Folsom, CA 95630                                                                                 390 N. Orange Ave. Ste 2100
                                                                                                             Orlando, FL 32801
                                                                                                             cheneylaw@aol.com
The Florida Bar                                                                                       
Grievance Committee
651 E. Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300

July 14, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Below are facts that I believe will lead you to conclude that the aforementioned attorneys have engaged in egregious misconduct. If you require any additional information please feel free to drop me a line.

Part II:  Facts/Allegations re:
              Re: Violations of Rule 3-4 Rules of Professional Conduct

The following facts deal with the conduct of attorneys Baez and Mason relative to the recently concluded trail of Casey Anthony. That conduct would I believe include the following:

a)     Assisting or permitting a witness to testify falsely
b)     Offering testimony or other proof lawyer reasonably believes is false
c)      Conduct aimed at deceiving the triers (jury) of fact
d)     Conduct involving fraud, deceit and/or misrepresentation

First and foremost it should be understood that this ethics complaint has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion as to correctness and/or incorrectness of the acquittal of Casey Anthony. Put simply, the jury’s verdict is irrelevant to the misconduct of Baez and Mason.

False testimony of Cindy Anthony

During opening statements, the Prosecution claimed that Casey Anthony had looked up chloroform and how to make chloroform at least 84 times. On June 8, and in order to prove this fact, the Prosecutor put forth the testimony of John Bradley who develops software for computer investigations. Bradley testified that he recovered deleted searches on the Anthony family desktop computer and that someone searched the website Sci-spot.com for the word “chloroform” 84 times.

As you well know, this testimony was devastating to the defense since prosecution witnesses testified that they discovered chloroform in Casey Anthony’s trunk where the baby was claimed to have been stored for a short period of time after her death.

On June 23, fifteen (15) days after Bradley’s testimony, Baez and Mason called Cindy Anthony to testify for the defense. During her sworn testimony, Cindy claimed it was she that carried out the multiple chloroform searches on the family computer at her home.

Subsequently, Cindy’s testimony was proven false when testimony from her employer proved she was at work when the chloroform searches were performed.

Did Baez and Mason suborn Cindy Anthony’s Perjured Testimony?

It cannot be disputed that Baez and Mason had 15 days to discover whether Cindy’s testimony that she performed the chloroform searches was believable or a fabrication. Clearly Baez and Mason absolutely knew that Cindy was employed as a nurse at a local hospital. Therefore, prior to calling her to testify on June 23 all they needed to do was to call her the hospital to determine if she was actually working when the chloroform searches took place.

Any reasonably competent and/or ethical criminal defense attorney would surely have made the call to Cindy’s employer before being duped into eliciting false testimony from her. If either of them had done so they would have immediately recognized that her anticipated testimony would be fabricated.

Did Baez and Mason act reasonable re: Cindy Anthony’s testimony?

The Code of Conduct provides the following definitions:

Reasonable: …denotes the conduct of a reasonably prudent and competent lawyer
    Reasonable belief: …denotes that the lawyer believes the matter in question and that the circumstances are such that the belief is reasonable

Would any reasonably prudent and competent attorney have the chutzpah to assert that he/she had no duty to determine if a potential witness was about to give perjured testimony. This is especially true when all that was required was a single phone call to the hospital where Cindy Anthony was employed. To argue otherwise wouldn’t pass the involuntary laugh test!

On his website, attorney Mason promotes himself by making the following claims:

1)     Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer
2)     News media, on all levels often invite him to produce expert commentary on legal issues involving criminal law…
3)     Publisher of numerous legal articles
4)     Teaches trial techniques to Prosecutors/Public Defenders at Univ. of Florida

Mason obtained his law license forty (40) years ago in 1971. He was board certified in criminal law 24-years ago in 1987. It would be frivolous to the nth degree for Mason to claim incompetence in failing to perform a modicum of due diligence (calling the hospital) before putting Cindy Anthony on trial.

It can safely be assumed that a first year law student would have determined if Cindy was actually at home or work when the chloroform searches were performed. In fact, anyone with an I.Q. just a tad north of the legal speed limit in a school zone would have so acted.

What is truly distressing is the fact that 15-days passed before Baez and Mason called Cindy to the witness stand for the sole purpose of destroying the prosecution’s evidence that it was Casey who did the chloroform searches. Yet, these self-proclaimed stalwarts of the defense bar were so incompetent that they never did so.

Conclusion

Sadly, it appears that Baez and Mason were more concerned with self-promotion in defending a high-profile case then they were in conducting themselves in accordance with their oaths as Officers of the Court.

I’m not suggesting that Baez and Mason were obligated to spill the beans on Cindy regarding what turned out to be her false testimony. However, the Rules of Conduct clearly prohibited them from placing her on the stand when they had to know her testimony would be patently false. Any claim by Baez and Mason to the contrary should be treated with the same contempt they displayed for complying with the Professional Rules of Conduct.

Something must be done to reign in this “win at all cost” mentality that is much too prevalent among some members of the bar. Is it any wonder that the vast majority of Americans have absolutely no respect for the legal profession?

Clearly these are self-inflicted wounds by unethical members of the Florida Bar. If the Bar gives Baez and Mason the proverbial wink and a nod, then they are merely inviting even more egregious misconduct in the future.

Please provide me with a copy of any responses to this complaint that you receive from Mr. Baez and/or Mr. Mason.

Under penalties of perjury, I declare that the foregoing facts are true, correct and complete.

http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1812:ethics-complaint-v-casey-anthony-attorneys-jose-baez-a-james-mason-&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

Hi Shannon....I read this earlier ...we can hope...but so far the Florida Bar dismissed ever complaint against Baez....good to see you back..it's been a long time

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
Clerk's office: paperwork being drawn up to put #CaseyAnthony on probation for check fraud. Fl DOC: Would require return to Orange County
12 minutes ago

Thanks Sunny!  I've added it to Magnolia's post.  MB

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:03:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
DOC Spokeswoman said clarification order from Judge Strickland would mean bringing #CaseyAnthony back to Orange County.
1 minute ago
http://twitter.com/#!/bobkeali​ng

So it looks to me as though Judge Strickland stepped up to the plate!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
12 minutes ago

thanks Miz Bee....I didn't see you here...

Rest in Peace Caylee

shannon1233
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »

TYVM SunnyIn Tx, it has been a very long time! I explained in another part of the forum  Monkey Devil! Been soooo long, have to learn how to use the forum again lol, don't even remember how to quote your post  so TYVM again, wish it was different circumstances though.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
12 minutes ago

thanks, Sunny.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »

::snipping2::
Strickland's office told WESH 2 News on Friday afternoon that it was his intent that Anthony serve a year of probation after her release from jail.

The Orange County Clerk's office tells WESH they are processing the paperwork to amend Anthony's probation status. Strickland is expected to sign the clarification order Monday.

The order then goes to the Department of Corrections, which will begin the process of setting up supervised probation.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28708803/detail.html#ixzz1TXCLzsmV

Monkey Devil!

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 06:08:48 PM »

bobkealing bob kealing
DOC Spokeswoman said clarification order from Judge Strickland would mean bringing #CaseyAnthony back to Orange County.
1 minute ago
http://twitter.com/#!/bobkeali​ng

So it looks to me as though Judge Strickland stepped up to the plate!!

I can hear the Felon now.....probation on f****** whim.   

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »

Strickland's office told WESH 2 News on Friday afternoon that it was his intent that Anthony serve a year of probation after her release from jail.

The Orange County Clerk's office tells WESH they are processing the paperwork to amend Anthony's probation status. Strickland is expected to sign the clarification order Monday.

The order then goes to the Department of Corrections, which will begin the process of setting up supervised probation.

<snipped from: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28708803/detail.html >

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »

LOL Trimm!

Same snip, same article.

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »

::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28708803/detail.html#ixzz1TXCLzsmV

Monkey Devil!

BIG HUGS for Judge Strickland!!!! an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.