March 28, 2024, 02:06:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodies of 7 girls and young women found in 1972 to mid-1979 rural Santa Rosa CA  (Read 4246 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »

I don't think we have this here...........wish I could post the whole thing Sad

Unsolved, but not forgotten

Published: Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 7:18 p.m.

A 16-year-old boy hiking through the wooded hills northeast of Santa Rosa in 1972 stumbled upon a human skull, bleached from the elements. He thought it was an artifact.

But the skull wasn’t from an ancient burial site, as the youth imagined. It was a sign of a young life brutally cut short.

“They were just little baby girls,” said Glenn Frost of the adolescents, aged 12 and 13, whose remains he discovered while with a friend.

From early 1972 to mid-1979, the bodies of seven girls and young women were found in rural Santa Rosa, buried or dumped along steep embankments or in creek beds. All were found nude. Some had been raped, strangled or hogtied.

Waves of detectives have tried solving the cases, particularly when a serial homicide suspect emerges somewhere, such as a recent Marin County case.

::snipping2::

For nearly 40 years, the seven case files have slowly expanded. The emergence of DNA evidence has led another generation of detectives to search for clues. This year, they have sifted through evidence preserved through the decades in freezers and submitted possible DNA samples to a national database.

Current investigators declined to specify which cases or what material contained possible DNA. However former coroner’s officials said semen was present in some of the cases, according to newspaper archives.

Results could take months, or longer, because lab technicians must handle recent cases first, O’Leary said. Detectives also hope someone might finally offer an essential clue.
 ::snipping2::
HITCHHIKING TO CLASS

Kim Allen, 19, a Santa Rosa Junior College art major and Ursuline graduate, was hitchhiking from her job in Larkspur to class.

Lori Kursa, 13, a Cook Junior High eighth-grader in Santa Rosa, had run away from home.

Herbert Slater Junior High students Maureen Sterling, 12, and Yvonne Weber, 13, were dropped off at the Redwood Empire Ice Arena.

Shasta County 14-year-old Carolyn Davis was last seen by her grandmother, who dropped her off at the post office in Garberville.

Theresa Walsh, 23, was hitchhiking from Southern California to Garberville to spend Christmas with her family and 2-year-old son.

A friend of Jeannette Kamehele, 20, was about to pick her up on April 25, 1972, at a Cotati Highway 101 onramp when the vehicle in front of him pulled over and she got in. Perhaps she’s still alive; her remains were never found.

The last body was found in July 1979. It has never been identified, but forensics tests indicate she could have been 19 years old with red or auburn hair. She wore contact lenses.

page 3 and 4 at link
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110728/ARTICLES/110729434/1033/sitemaps05?p=1&tc=pg

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.