March 29, 2024, 04:53:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do the TMZ pictures feature Casey Anthony?
Yes, they're all Casey. - 62 (58.5%)
Some are Casey; others aren't. - 29 (27.4%)
No, none of them are Casey. - 15 (14.2%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #6 8/03/11 - 8/09/11  (Read 276623 times)
shutterblog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #860 on: August 06, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »

I wonder if whoever took those pics in Old Navy with Casey looking over the clothes in the front window had Old Navy's permission.  Would the photographer have to have Old Navy's permission? Would the company be happy having Old Navy connected with a baby killer?  Could it be that Old Navy could get a cease and desist order against TMZ? Would it get Old Navy's attention if a lot of people wrote to them about it? Does Old Navy have grounds for a lawsuit against the whole pos by using their logo?

(Prefacing this by saying I am a photographer...)  No, permission from Old Navy would not be required.  Here is a good article on the subject:

http://content.photojojo.com/tips/legal-rights-of-photographers/

The photographer was in a public place (sidewalk or street) taking photos of a public place (a store in the mall).  Now they would not be able to use those photos to advertise their (or Casey's) affiliation with Old Navy.  But they don't need Old Navy's permission to shoot the building, or her inside it when they are not.

One of the biggest photographer's-rights fights after the acquittal was between Casey's legal team inside the Terrace 360 (think Cheney's middle finger of affection) and the news crews and photographers / videographers outside.  The photographers and videographers were quoted on camera during the scuffles (in videos on YouTube) pointing out they were shooting from five feet away on a public sidewalk, capturing images of the celebration inside.  Legally they were allowed to do so - but that was a law they had to fight and challenge with those trying to stop them.

I can photograph families on Disney property but I can't photograph any Disney logos, characters, or anything considered copyrighted or trademarked by Disney and use it for my business / portfolio.  I've done sessions at the Boardwalk and Grand Floridian, and as a photographer was watched VERY closely.  Disney really doesn't like professional photographers in their parks because they have their own.  You're watched like a hawk.  And I know of more than one photographer, on their own time, at Disney simply taking photos for themselves -- they were harassed and kicked out or made to move along by Disney security because they had nice cameras.  Disney has a kick out, ask questions later, policy.

TMZ is promoting photos of Casey.  They aren't making an affiliation with Old Navy.  So the law would not back them up to ask for a cease and desist.  That is just a public building that happens to be in the photograph.

For those worried about Starbucks, Old Navy, etc., having an advertising deal with the CA photos, I can tell you with almost 100% certainty they do not.  Letter writing is going to be a waste of time in this instance.  You're going after the wrong companies.  Go after Splash News for selling the photos, the parent company of Splash News (Corbis - corbisimages.com), and TMZ and their advertisers for buying them (first-load on TMZ and I saw ads by Converse, Stila Cosmetics, and Philosophy.com - TMZ needs the ad revenue to purchase the photos).

The rights of the photos would have never been licensed by the big corporations, and then allowed for publication on TMZ.  I have to sign non-release clauses, non-compete clauses, in certain cases give up the rights to sell or publish the photos elsewhere for "x" amount of time depending on contract, etc.  The contracts would not allow for tabloid publication before they were used as marketing images.  No major corporation in their right mind would use her as a spokesperson.  Look at public reaction in Ohio -- they are offering her $10K just to take off the Buckeyes gear and wear Michigan's.  This isn't a "Casey is hated in Florida" climate -- she is vilified the world over.  These companies traditionally don't use "real" celebrities with their advertising campaigns (save the Gap on occasion) so it's extremely doubtful they would align themselves with one of the world's most-hated faux-lebrities at a time she's still the most hated.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: August 06, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »

I wonder if whoever took those pics in Old Navy with Casey looking over the clothes in the front window had Old Navy's permission.  Would the photographer have to have Old Navy's permission? Would the company be happy having Old Navy connected with a baby killer?  Could it be that Old Navy could get a cease and desist order against TMZ? Would it get Old Navy's attention if a lot of people wrote to them about it? Does Old Navy have grounds for a lawsuit against the whole pos by using their logo?

(Prefacing this by saying I am a photographer...)  No, permission from Old Navy would not be required.  Here is a good article on the subject:

http://content.photojojo.com/tips/legal-rights-of-photographers/

The photographer was in a public place (sidewalk or street) taking photos of a public place (a store in the mall).  Now they would not be able to use those photos to advertise their (or Casey's) affiliation with Old Navy.  But they don't need Old Navy's permission to shoot the building, or her inside it when they are not.

One of the biggest photographer's-rights fights after the acquittal was between Casey's legal team inside the Terrace 360 (think Cheney's middle finger of affection) and the news crews and photographers / videographers outside.  The photographers and videographers were quoted on camera during the scuffles (in videos on YouTube) pointing out they were shooting from five feet away on a public sidewalk, capturing images of the celebration inside.  Legally they were allowed to do so - but that was a law they had to fight and challenge with those trying to stop them.

I can photograph families on Disney property but I can't photograph any Disney logos, characters, or anything considered copyrighted or trademarked by Disney and use it for my business / portfolio.  I've done sessions at the Boardwalk and Grand Floridian, and as a photographer was watched VERY closely.  Disney really doesn't like professional photographers in their parks because they have their own.  You're watched like a hawk.  And I know of more than one photographer, on their own time, at Disney simply taking photos for themselves -- they were harassed and kicked out or made to move along by Disney security because they had nice cameras.  Disney has a kick out, ask questions later, policy.

TMZ is promoting photos of Casey.  They aren't making an affiliation with Old Navy.  So the law would not back them up to ask for a cease and desist.  That is just a public building that happens to be in the photograph.

For those worried about Starbucks, Old Navy, etc., having an advertising deal with the CA photos, I can tell you with almost 100% certainty they do not.  Letter writing is going to be a waste of time in this instance.  You're going after the wrong companies.  Go after Splash News for selling the photos, the parent company of Splash News (Corbis - corbisimages.com), and TMZ and their advertisers for buying them (first-load on TMZ and I saw ads by Converse, Stila Cosmetics, and Philosophy.com - TMZ needs the ad revenue to purchase the photos).

The rights of the photos would have never been licensed by the big corporations, and then allowed for publication on TMZ.  I have to sign non-release clauses, non-compete clauses, in certain cases give up the rights to sell or publish the photos elsewhere for "x" amount of time depending on contract, etc.  The contracts would not allow for tabloid publication before they were used as marketing images.  No major corporation in their right mind would use her as a spokesperson.  Look at public reaction in Ohio -- they are offering her $10K just to take off the Buckeyes gear and wear Michigan's.  This isn't a "Casey is hated in Florida" climate -- she is vilified the world over.  These companies traditionally don't use "real" celebrities with their advertising campaigns (save the Gap on occasion) so it's extremely doubtful they would align themselves with one of the world's most-hated faux-lebrities at a time she's still the most hated.

Bravo, you said that nicely.....
The hated in the long run will still be there.
People won't forget snotrag threw Caylee in the swamp to be eaten by animals and bugs..

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: August 06, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »

Thanks for that post Shutterblog!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #863 on: August 06, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_7012.shtml
Local Artist to Auction Casey Anthony Painting -- Robert Price
Mona Lisa, dogs playing poker, and Casey Anthony?

A local artist plans to auction off a "3D painting" of the accused child killer.
The starting bid is a cool 150 thousand dollars.
Robert Price explains why.
Half the proceeds will go to the Heidi Search Center in San Antonio.

Video at link.

Perverse---who on earth would "love to have it" ???   

Whorealdo could hang it in his garage next to his Charles Manson poster -

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: August 06, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/08/casey-anthony-the-strange-story-of-the-lookalike.html
Casey Anthony: The strange story of the lookalike
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on August, 6 2011 3:30 PM

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
beth1970
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #865 on: August 06, 2011, 05:38:48 PM »

Every time my 2 1/2 year old daughter gets scared and runs to me crying Mama mama, or gets hurts & wants me to "kiss her boo boo" I think of Caylee.  The one person on earth that was supposed to take care of her, protect her and love her unconditionally betrayed her.  Tortured her.  Killed her.  I just pray that baby was already unconscious when she killed her and she didn't look into her "mama's eyes" & see the monster she really was.  I know she knows now but at the end I so hope she didn't see that crazed look in her so called protector's eyes.  That baby had to be SO scared.  For as long as I live I will always boycott anything that monster is a part of.  I am in my 40's and I have NEVER been this involved or emotionally attached to a murder.  The court & the defense team is "waiting til things cool down".  It will never cool down.  People will always be outraged.  She will have to look over her shoulder wherever she goes.  I for one, who have never been in trouble (other than a speeding ticket 10 years ago) would punch her in the face if I had the chance.  I really would.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #866 on: August 06, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »

Every time my 2 1/2 year old daughter gets scared and runs to me crying Mama mama, or gets hurts & wants me to "kiss her boo boo" I think of Caylee.  The one person on earth that was supposed to take care of her, protect her and love her unconditionally betrayed her.  Tortured her.  Killed her.  I just pray that baby was already unconscious when she killed her and she didn't look into her "mama's eyes" & see the monster she really was.  I know she knows now but at the end I so hope she didn't see that crazed look in her so called protector's eyes.  That baby had to be SO scared.  For as long as I live I will always boycott anything that monster is a part of.  I am in my 40's and I have NEVER been this involved or emotionally attached to a murder.  The court & the defense team is "waiting til things cool down".  It will never cool down.  People will always be outraged.  She will have to look over her shoulder wherever she goes.  I for one, who have never been in trouble (other than a speeding ticket 10 years ago) would punch her in the face if I had the chance.  I really would.

I said that very thing...I am the total opposite of a violent person...but, if I saw her I would punch her right where she lied from...and...gladly accept the consequences. I would not think twice.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #867 on: August 06, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

1.) She won't get probation, she might get admistrative probation, but that is no probation.
CJBP will try to do something down the middle to satisfy both sides. And he will have researched his legal reasons.
2.) She isn't a celebrity
3.) I don't care where she is or what she is doing and I think the story is at an end of its shelf life.
She cost Florida too much already. When she left Florida,the economy improved. Why would Orange County want to spend another cent on her ? Isn't it time for some other State to step up ?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: August 06, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/sunday-review/paying-for-news-its-nothing-new.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3
News Analysis
Paying for News? It’s Nothing New
By JEREMY W. PETERS
Published: August 6, 2011

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #869 on: August 06, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »

The bottom line is:

interest has waned

and

no one wants her around.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/08/casey-anthony-the-strange-story-of-the-lookalike.html
Casey Anthony: The strange story of the lookalike
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on August, 6 2011 3:30 PM

Strange, pointless article also, IMO.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #871 on: August 06, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE & CELINA: Grandfather of 11 Year Old Celina Cass Wants Justice and Says, “I don't want no Casey Anthony”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/08/06/justice-for-caylee-celina-grandfather-of-11-year-old-celina-cass-wants-justice-and-says-i-don%e2%80%99t-want-no-casey-anthony/

The stigma of the miscarriage of justice in the Casey Anthony murder trial has made it all the way the the northern reaches of the Granite state of New Hampshire. The grandfather of the once missing and now found deceased 11 year old  Celina Cass stated that he hopes that the police and investigators are able to answer the questions in the suspicious death of Celina. He also stated that he wants justice and that who ever is responsible for for the murder of Celina Cass gets the max. The grandfather then stated, . “I don’t want no Casey Anthony.”

::snipping2::

Amazing how a miscarriage of justice is known as a "Casey Anthony" and has now made it into the American lexicon. Even more amazing is that small. rural town in NH knows who Casey Anthony is, yet the clueless 12 jurors really had no idea about a child murder that took place in their state.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #872 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »

Thanks 4Donks.  Sent him an email.  Last time I sent one, I didn't know where to email, so I went to his site and clicked contact us, and somehow my email got to him cause he emailed me back. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: August 06, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE & CELINA: Grandfather of 11 Year Old Celina Cass Wants Justice and Says, “I don't want no Casey Anthony”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/08/06/justice-for-caylee-celina-grandfather-of-11-year-old-celina-cass-wants-justice-and-says-i-don%e2%80%99t-want-no-casey-anthony/

The stigma of the miscarriage of justice in the Casey Anthony murder trial has made it all the way the the northern reaches of the Granite state of New Hampshire. The grandfather of the once missing and now found deceased 11 year old  Celina Cass stated that he hopes that the police and investigators are able to answer the questions in the suspicious death of Celina. He also stated that he wants justice and that who ever is responsible for for the murder of Celina Cass gets the max. The grandfather then stated, . “I don’t want no Casey Anthony.”

::snipping2::

Amazing how a miscarriage of justice is known as a "Casey Anthony" and has now made it into the American lexicon. Even more amazing is that small. rural town in NH knows who Casey Anthony is, yet the clueless 12 jurors really had no idea about a child murder that took place in their state.

Every time I think of the 12 Pinhead/Brain dead jurors, I feel sick!
Caylee was forgotten by them. Out of sight=out of mind....I don't know how they sleep at night, I know it's a cliche, but I sincerely don't know how they sleep What the he!! were these cretins thinking????

These morons were more concerned about who George was doing the dirty with than who MURDERED Caylee, & threw her in a swamp like trash!!
Every day I try not to think about the injustice in this case,  and every day I get more angry....

Here's a new song/video made for Caylee to support "Caylee's Law".
Clint House (roommate of Tony L.) posted it today.
It's not my fav kind of music, but the lyrics are great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KtLwpvmKk&feature=related

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: August 06, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »

I am still to this day shaking my head in utter shock and confusion that the idiot jurors could not, no, would not find Casey guilty of something in regards to Caylee's death..I still can not believe it and I will never except or respect their decision for as long as I live

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: August 06, 2011, 11:27:35 PM »

I am still to this day shaking my head in utter shock and confusion that the idiot jurors could not, no, would not find Casey guilty of something in regards to Caylee's death..I still can not believe it and I will never except or respect their decision for as long as I live

Me either Cookie....my God, duct tape across her little nose & mouth, double bagged like trash, thrown in a swamp, left to rot and chewed on by animals....how in the he!! is that not @ the very least child abuse/felony murder???? I can not respect the jurors verdict. Normally with the lengthy instructions/verdict forms they had for deliberations it would be aprox. 4-5 hours just to read through them.
2-3 hours for lunch (2 days), regular breaks, and of course "special" breaks, figure 1 hour.......adds up to 7-9 hours of NOT actual deliberations. So these idiots deliberated for just 2 hours. 8 weeks of trial and these people want us to believe every d@mn one of them clearly understood the testimony & evidence of every witness ???(over 100 witnesses)
These morons couldn't find their way out of a paper bag without a GPS.
They did not look @ one piece of evidence (well over 300 pieces of tangible evidence)...nor did they ask for a re-read of any document, re-listen to any audio, they asked for NOTHING!!!

Caylee was just a side note or footnote to this bunch of bimbos.

I love this new Caylee's Law for the single fact that the Scamthony's & the Skank killer will NEVER get away from what Casey did to Caylee. It will be in the news every time a child disappears and how it will be a felony if you fail to report your child within 1-2 hours. I want Caylee's Law to be in the media/in their faces to remind them continuously what their skank daughter did to their grand daughter!
Once / day isn't enough IMO.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »

Me either Cookie....my God, duct tape across her little nose & mouth, double bagged like trash, thrown in a swamp, left to rot and chewed on by animals....how in the he!! is that not @ the very least child abuse/felony murder???? I can not respect the jurors verdict. Normally with the lengthy instructions/verdict forms they had for deliberations it would be aprox. 4-5 hours just to read through them.
2-3 hours for lunch (2 days), regular breaks, and of course "special" breaks, figure 1 hour.......adds up to 7-9 hours of NOT actual deliberations. So these idiots deliberated for just 2 hours. 8 weeks of trial and these people want us to believe every d@mn one of them clearly understood the testimony & evidence of every witness ???(over 100 witnesses)
These morons couldn't find their way out of a paper bag without a GPS.
They did not look @ one piece of evidence (well over 300 pieces of tangible evidence)...nor did they ask for a re-read of any document, re-listen to any audio, they asked for NOTHING!!!

Caylee was just a side note or footnote to this bunch of bimbos.

I love this new Caylee's Law for the single fact that the Scamthony's & the Skank killer will NEVER get away from what Casey did to Caylee. It will be in the news every time a child disappears and how it will be a felony if you fail to report your child within 1-2 hours. I want Caylee's Law to be in the media/in their faces to remind them continuously what their skank daughter did to their grand daughter!
Once / day isn't enough IMO.

How could the 2 jurors that originally voted for 1st degree change there votes to not guilty so fast?
Were they pressured by all the others?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #877 on: August 06, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »

You know what really seals that cow's guilt for me?  Any normal mother, who really didn't kill her baby, the moment she got out of prison, would have been at her baby's grave, would have been in her baby's room amongst her baby's things, breathing in the smell of the baby that she lost, trying to remember that baby smell, the feel of that baby in your arms.  But no, that slore goes strutting around a shopping mall in Ohio decked out in tight clothes slurping a coffee while she pretends to shop as she chews her gum like a cow...because that is what is important to her...just herself, looking for slutty, cheap clothes to tramp around in and pretend she never had a daughter.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #878 on: August 07, 2011, 12:02:54 AM »

I am sorry for the rant. This case has crawled under my skin in the worst way.  As I write this, I am sitting at home in a diaper because of a medical condition, yet I still work.  I served my country down range (war), was injured, have nerve damage, am a mother, I try to do everything right, I struggle, as many of us do.  People like Casey Anthony make me sick.  She lied, at the very least, at the very least...about where her daughter was...she put many people in harm's way and cost many people time and money, yet has no qualms about filing as indignent while she is acting like a movie star selling photos.  Since when were people who threw their babies away like trash celebrities???  What kind of country am I in????  I am sitting her in a diaper for people like this to have rights????  I should not entertain this type of thinking but everywhere I turn, the media is shoving this type of crap down my throat.  Reward those that do wrong.  What am I to teach my children? 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: August 07, 2011, 01:29:16 AM »

I am sorry for the rant. This case has crawled under my skin in the worst way.  As I write this, I am sitting at home in a diaper because of a medical condition, yet I still work.  I served my country down range (war), was injured, have nerve damage, am a mother, I try to do everything right, I struggle, as many of us do.  People like Casey Anthony make me sick.  She lied, at the very least, at the very least...about where her daughter was...she put many people in harm's way and cost many people time and money, yet has no qualms about filing as indignent while she is acting like a movie star selling photos.  Since when were people who threw their babies away like trash celebrities???  What kind of country am I in????  I am sitting her in a diaper for people like this to have rights????  I should not entertain this type of thinking but everywhere I turn, the media is shoving this type of crap down my throat.  Reward those that do wrong.  What am I to teach my children? 

No apologies necessary for the rant...you put it all in clear perspective. You're right, she's a malignant narcissist who thinks only of herself and could never ever comprehend what love for another human being might entail....even the sacrifice like the one you have made. She's a flawed person, damaged goods in a much deeper way than physically.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.