April 18, 2024, 03:26:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Mexico June jobless rate rises to near 2-year high"  (Read 2763 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 29, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »

MEXICO CITY, July 21 (Reuters) - Mexico's unemployment rate rose to its highest in nearly two years in June, adding to evidence the country's economy is losing some steam and supporting bets that Mexico is far from raising interest rates.

Mexico's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate MXUNEM=ECI rose to 5.74 percent in June from a revised 5.58 percent in May, the national statistics agency said on Thursday. June's rate is the highest since September 2009 and is above the 5.47 percent projected by a Reuters poll.

In the years before the global downturn, Mexico's unemployment rate rarely climbed above 4 percent, but it has not fallen below 4.5 percent since October 2008, in seasonally adjusted terms.

read more here - http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/21/mexico-economy-idUSN1E76K0JD20110721

I have read for some time that high unemployment drives people to enter the US illegally in search of jobs.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »

Contrast with this story -

"Undocumented Workers Heading Home"

Undocumented immigrants are leaving California heading to Mexico. In Fresno, the Hispanic Chamber says they are seeing the shift; many are leaving the Valley to find work.

...The Mexican Government is aggressively trying to bring immigrants home. “They are looking for more business to come down to Mexico to do business with them,” says John Hernandez, Executive Director of the Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. “We are currently working with the governor of the State of Colima to do a trade mission down to Mexico. We are also working with the Mexican Consulate.”

Why aren't these groups working to create more jobs for Americans?  Lower the American unemployment rate?

Why isn't a California chambe of commerce creating jobs in California?

In Mexico health care is cheaper. It’s also easier to buy a home and find a job. “The Hispanic demographic has been hit harder than others. A lot lost their homes and their businesses,” says Hernandez.

Where do American citizens who have lost homes, jobs, and businesses go?

The Mexican Consulate says Mexico’s economy is benefiting from low inflation, exports and a strong banking system.

It seems like the American economy is being destroyed by inflation, imports, debt, and a Banana Republic banking system and politicians in Washington.

read more here - http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Immigration---CLU-126349973.html

just my humble opinion

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:52:03 PM »

Contrast with this story -

"Undocumented Workers Heading Home"

Undocumented immigrants are leaving California heading to Mexico. In Fresno, the Hispanic Chamber says they are seeing the shift; many are leaving the Valley to find work.

...The Mexican Government is aggressively trying to bring immigrants home. “They are looking for more business to come down to Mexico to do business with them,” says John Hernandez, Executive Director of the Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. “We are currently working with the governor of the State of Colima to do a trade mission down to Mexico. We are also working with the Mexican Consulate.”

Why aren't these groups working to create more jobs for Americans?  Lower the American unemployment rate?

Why isn't a California chambe of commerce creating jobs in California?

In Mexico health care is cheaper. It’s also easier to buy a home and find a job. “The Hispanic demographic has been hit harder than others. A lot lost their homes and their businesses,” says Hernandez.

Where do American citizens who have lost homes, jobs, and businesses go?

The Mexican Consulate says Mexico’s economy is benefiting from low inflation, exports and a strong banking system.

It seems like the American economy is being destroyed by inflation, imports, debt, and a Banana Republic banking system and politicians in Washington.

read more here - http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Immigration---CLU-126349973.html

just my humble opinion

This same article suggests the following "In Fresno, there are 49,000 unauthorized immigrants; they make up 5% of the population."

How exactly do they know unauthorized immigrants make up 5% of the population?  Did they send out a survey?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 09:57:43 PM »

Mexico has the lowest unemployment rate in Latin America
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 | Published in Mexico's Economy

Mexico has the lowest unemployment rate among countries in Latin America and the Caribbean and North America, the secretary of Labor and Social Welfare, Javier Lozano Alarcón.

He said, however, that despite these “good news” we can not be complacent “or thinking that the task is completed” While there are parents, youth, women and vulnerable groups looking for jobs without finding one

The federal official stated that no one can feel satisfaction if persons are underemployed and under-employed “or worse, when not enough income is available to maintain the home.”

read more here - http://www.mexico.vg/mexicos-economy/mexico-lowest-unemployment-rate-in-latin-america/2227

The Obama administration seems to ignore the underemployed, the self-employed, and others that aren't members of unions or the entitlement class.  He doesn't seem to care that folks can't make ends meet.  His only answer is to raise taxes...no jobs for American citizens and those here legally, just raise taxes and waste more money on 'shovel ready' jobs that never exist.

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.