May 01, 2024, 03:18:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelsey Smith, 18, Overland Park Kansas(BODY FOUND)  (Read 26549 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »

Thanks for the update!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2009, 08:57:12 PM »

The Kelsey Smith Act

Nine days after she graduated high school, 18-year-old Kelsey Smith was abducted from a department store close to her home in Kansas in broad daylight. Realizing that Kelsey may still have had her cell phone, police detectives sought to use ping information to search for her. However, it took four days for authorities to cut through red tape to get the wireless provider to release her cell phone location information. Kelsey’s body was found four days later.

In abduction situations, every second counts. Having access to cell phone information in the moment can provide valuable information to police. In fact, after Kelsey’s body was found, authorities were eventually able to use the ping information to track where Kelsey’s cell phone had been during her abduction.

I have cosponsored a bill, The Kelsey Smith Act (HR 3717), which would require wireless communication companies to swiftly provide call location information in emergency situations that involve the risk of death or serious physical harm.

No parent should go through the agony of wading through red tape and paperwork when their child’s life is at stake. This bill gives investigators another tool to track missing persons and help save lives.

http://www.suffolknewsherald.com/news/2009/nov/12/forbes-sponsors-kelsey-smith-act/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 12:14:57 AM »

‘See No Evil’ … Investigation Discovery Channel Premieres Tonight with Episode on the 2007 Abduction & Murder of Overland Park Teenager Kelsey Smith (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/02/17/see-no-evil-investigation-discovery-channel-primieres-tonight-with-episode-on-the-2007-abduction-murder-of-overland-park-teenager-kelsey-smith/

NEW TRUE CRIME SHOW SPOTLIGHTS THE  2007 ABDUCTION AND MURDER OF OVERLAND PARK TEEN KELSEY SMITH …

As reported at the Kansas City Star, comes a new true crime show that premiered tonight with an episode of an abduction and murder that we covered in 2007, the disappearance and death of  Overland Park, Kansas teen Kelsey Smith. Edwin R. Hall was later charged with the 1st degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the murder of 18 year old Kelsey Smith. Hall would later plead guilty to the kidnapping, raping, sodomizing and murder of Kelsey Smith. How fitting the true crime episodes name is ‘See No Evil’ as discussed here on Scared Monkeys.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »

‘See No Evil’ … Investigation Discovery Channel Premieres Tonight with Episode on the 2007 Abduction & Murder of Overland Park Teenager Kelsey Smith (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2015/02/17/see-no-evil-investigation-discovery-channel-primieres-tonight-with-episode-on-the-2007-abduction-murder-of-overland-park-teenager-kelsey-smith/

NEW TRUE CRIME SHOW SPOTLIGHTS THE  2007 ABDUCTION AND MURDER OF OVERLAND PARK TEEN KELSEY SMITH …

As reported at the Kansas City Star, comes a new true crime show that premiered tonight with an episode of an abduction and murder that we covered in 2007, the disappearance and death of  Overland Park, Kansas teen Kelsey Smith. Edwin R. Hall was later charged with the 1st degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the murder of 18 year old Kelsey Smith. Hall would later plead guilty to the kidnapping, raping, sodomizing and murder of Kelsey Smith. How fitting the true crime episodes name is ‘See No Evil’ as discussed here on Scared Monkeys.

I watched it --   

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »

Kelsey's Law works and should be enacted in every state. 

http://fox4kc.com/2015/02/10/publics-assistance-needed-after-technology-helps-police-find-stolen-car-with-baby-inside/

Posted 6:46 pm, February 10, 2015, by Shannon O'Brien

LENEXA, Kan. — For the second time in two weeks, a car was stolen with a baby inside. This time, it was a five-month-old who was found in the car, still sleeping when the car was recovered.

Although video has been a failure identifying the suspect, it was technology that saved the day.

“The mother of the child left her phone inside the car and it was turned on,” Ofc. Friesen said.

Which he said allowed police to track the car by tracking the phone.

“That technology is very helpful to us and is made possible by the Kelsey Smith Law,” he said.

The Kelsey Smith act was enacted after 18-year-old Smith was abducted from a Target parking lot at 97th and Quivira on June 2, 2007. It took the cell phone provider four days to turn over the tracking information to police. Forty-five minutes later, her body was found in the woods near Longview Lake, found because of her cell phone.

“Kelsey’s Law” allows law enforcement immediate access to cell phone tracking information to respond to an emergency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.