March 28, 2024, 07:39:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celina Cass #3 10/21/11 -  (Read 134010 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/944308-196/no-answers-arrests-in-cass-case.html

Sunday, December 25, 2011
No answers, arrests in Cass case
By Donna Jordan
The Colebrook Chronicle

As families and friends gather this weekend to celebrate the Christmas holiday, a small town in Northern New Hampshire continues to struggle with the unsolved murder of 11-year-old Celina Cass and a growing list of unanswered questions.
 ::snipping2::
Residents in West Stewartstown, a small town with a population of about 1,000 people, and Celina’s classmates say they miss Celina every day, and are anxious for justice. Several memorial services have been held during the last few months. This week, friends placed a Christmas tree at the site where her body was pulled from the river, near a PSNH hydro dam. They gathered at the site, they said, to help Celina celebrate her first Christmas in heaven.
In the meantime, the lives of everyone within Celina’s personal community have changed: Celina’s mother, sister and Kevin have moved from the West Stewartstown apartment to a new apartment in Vermont. About a half a mile from their new home, Wendell Noyes lives in his new apartment in Colebrook. He and Louisia separated shortly after Celina’s body was found. A former boyfriend is now living with Louisia; he is the father of Kevin Mullaney, the young man who has lived with Louisia for over a year now. Investigators continue their questioning and the rumors continue surrounding the mystery of the little girl’s disappearance and death.

-------------------------
A picture of the headstone in the cemetery at the link.  "A Colebrook man has donated and placed a headstone in the cemetery where 11-year-old Celina Cass of Stewartstown is buried. The black granite monument is etched with the image of the little girl, who's death last summer was declared a homicide by the N.H. Attorney General's office. Flowers, dolls and stuffed animals surround the snow-covered monument. This week, her mother placed a small Christmas tree at the site, as well. No one has been charged with Celina's murder, which is still under investigation. Charles Jordan photo/The Colebrook Chronicle."
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/944308-196/no-answers-arrests-in-cass-case.html

Sunday, December 25, 2011
No answers, arrests in Cass case
By Donna Jordan
The Colebrook Chronicle

As families and friends gather this weekend to celebrate the Christmas holiday, a small town in Northern New Hampshire continues to struggle with the unsolved murder of 11-year-old Celina Cass and a growing list of unanswered questions.
Residents in West Stewartstown, a small town with a population of about 1,000 people, and Celina’s classmates say they miss Celina every day, and are anxious for justice. Several memorial services have been held during the last few months. This week, friends placed a Christmas tree at the site where her body was pulled from the river, near a PSNH hydro dam. They gathered at the site, they said, to help Celina celebrate her first Christmas in heaven.
In the meantime, the lives of everyone within Celina’s personal community have changed: Celina’s mother, sister and Kevin have moved from the West Stewartstown apartment to a new apartment in Vermont. About a half a mile from their new home, Wendell Noyes lives in his new apartment in Colebrook. He and Louisia separated shortly after Celina’s body was found. A former boyfriend is now living with Louisia; he is the father of Kevin Mullaney, the young man who has lived with Louisia for over a year now. Investigators continue their questioning and the rumors continue surrounding the mystery of the little girl’s disappearance and death.

-------------------------
A picture of the headstone in the cemetery at the link.  "A Colebrook man has donated and placed a headstone in the cemetery where 11-year-old Celina Cass of Stewartstown is buried. The black granite monument is etched with the image of the little girl, who's death last summer was declared a homicide by the N.H. Attorney General's office. Flowers, dolls and stuffed animals surround the snow-covered monument. This week, her mother placed a small Christmas tree at the site, as well. No one has been charged with Celina's murder, which is still under investigation. Charles Jordan photo/The Colebrook Chronicle."

TY grace-land.  Whoever did that headstone did a fine job.  It looks just like her!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 01:54:35 AM »

YW, 4getUnot.  They did a fine job.  The etching of Celina's image is beautiful!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 12:16:24 AM »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/945126-196/family-friends-celebrate-celina-cass-12th-birthday.html

Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Family, friends celebrate Celina Cass’ 12th birthday
By Donna Jordan
The Colebrook Chronicle

On the second day of the new year, Celina Cass’ mother wanted to celebrate her daughter’s 12th birthday as best she could.

Louisia Noyes and her friend, Mark Mullaney, visited the PSNH dam in West Stewartstown where divers pulled young Celina’s body from the Connecticut River in July. They left Happy Birthday balloons and personal messages of love and hopes for justice.

A simple message from a mother to her daughter, written on one of the balloons read: “Celina, Happy Birthday #12. Mommie misses you. W/lots of love. Your always in my heart and thoughts.”
A few others shared the same message: “Dearest Celina, Happy 12th birthday in heaven. I hope the angels sing to you, I hope you get to have birthday cake. There’s not a day that goes by that the town doesn’t wish to see your smiling face.”

Others expressed anger and frustration that no one has been brought to justice for taking Celina’s life. The investigation and search for her killer continues.

“The investigators continue to work on this case daily,” said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young of the state attorney general’s office.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120120/NEWS03/701209959

Now in jail, he's close to Celina case

A young man living in Celina Cass’ home in West Stewartstown before her murder last summer has been jailed on several charges, including the forgery of the name of Cass’ mother, the New Hampshire Union Leader has learned.

Kevin Mullaney, 23, of Lemington, Vt., has been in the Coos County jail in West Stewartstown since Jan. 10. He is being held on $31,000 cash bail on charges unrelated to the homicide of the 11-year-old girl.

Mullaney was jailed on Jan. 10, according to a jail official. He is also charged with possession of stolen property, breach of bail and felon in possession of a firearm.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 09:41:51 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120122/NEWS03/701229989
2 others saw Celina on eve of disappearance
Staff report
Published Jan 22, 2012 at 3:00 am (Updated Jan 21, 2012

Two people who saw Celina Cass at her West Stewartstown apartment the night before she was reported missing — and may have been among the last to see her alive — said they have been told by the authorities not to speak with the media.

Cassandra Hunt and Jason Atwood visited Celina's stepfather, Wendell Noyes, on the porch at 863 Washington St. while Celina played on the computer and watched television inside in the nearby living room on the evening of July 25, 2011. A massive search was launched the following day.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 11:53:36 PM »

I wonder why she is upset that a grand jury is involved in the investigation?
More from the article above--

The Coos County Superior Court clerk's office said a grand jury was still sitting Friday at 4 p.m. when the court closed for the day.

Noyes said she was upset Thursday to hear from a customer of the consignment shop where she worked that a grand jury in Lancaster was involved in the investigation.

Besides issuing indictments, grand juries can also investigate difficult cases.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young wouldn't say whether a grand jury has been empaneled or whether one met, citing professional conduct rules. She would not say where she was working Friday.

“I worked today,” Young said when asked if she worked in Lancaster.

Young said her office continues to “have a dialogue with” Noyes. “Because this investigation is ongoing, we cannot provide a lot of details.”

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120122/NEWS03/701229989
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/30303915/detail.html
Family Of Missing Girl's Stepfather Questioned
Family Of Wendell Noyes Questioned About Cass Disappearance
POSTED: 7:21 am EST January 26, 2012
UPDATED: 7:38 am EST January 26, 2012

Video at link.
BOSTON -- A New Hampshire grand jury now investigating the Celina Cass case is now zeroing in on her stepfather's family.

Cass, 11, vanished from her West Stewartstown, N.H. home last July 25 and her body was found in the Connecticut River a week later near a hydroelectric dam that spans the river between Celina's hometown, Stewartstown, and Canaan, Vt.,

According to the Boston Herald, prosecutors have grilled the mother and brother of Wendell Noyes.

Read more: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/30303915/detail.html#ixzz1kZORf3kD

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/CaseSignal
Case Signal (BeanE) @CaseSignal
#CelinaCass RT @fox25news: Celina Cass' stepdad's family testifies dlvr.it/17MR00 #fox25

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/celina-cass-stepdads-family-testify-to-grand-jury-20120126?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Celina Cass' stepdad's family testifes to grand jury
Updated: Thursday, 26 Jan 2012, 7:46 AM EST
Published : Thursday, 26 Jan 2012, 7:45 AM EST
Video at link.

(FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - There are new developments in the murder of a New Hampshire girl.
The family of Celina Cass' stepfather is testifying for a grand jury.

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »

#CelinaCass RT @fox25news: Celina Cass' stepdad's family testifies dlvr.it/17MR00 #fox25

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/celina-cass-stepdads-family-testify-to-grand-jury-20120126?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Video at link.

(FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - There are new developments in the murder of a New Hampshire girl.

I hope with the grand jury, there can be some movement toward resolving the case and justice for Celina. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »

Video at link.

I hope with the grand jury, there can be some movement toward resolving the case and justice for Celina. 

It just amazes me on how many cases there are that haven't been solved.  Plus people getting away with murder. 

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 01:57:31 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120127/NEWS03/701279976

Hours of questions asked of players in Celina Cass case
Staff Report
Published Jan 27, 2012 at 3:00 am (Updated Jan 26, 2012)

Richards said she and son Josh Richards of Clarksville each testified for long stretches before the grand jury Friday.

Richards’ daughter, Winnie O’Neil, and daughter-in-law, Telina Richards, Josh’s wife, were questioned to the point of tears in a separate room, Richards said, adding she almost broke down at times.

“Winnie cried and her husband had to go into the room,” Richards said.

Celina’s mother, Louisia Noyes, separated from Wendell and moved to Lemington, Vt., after Celina’s slaying. Richards said Wendell told her he had nothing to do with Celina’s death.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young was relentless in her questioning, Richards said.

“I should have asked Jane Young why are they pushing us,” Richards said. “They don’t have anything and they are looking for something.” Young said she couldn’t comment on any proceedings involving a grand jury.

“I can say that we are in contact with the lead investigators on this case two or three times a day, including today,” Young said. “The police, our office — everyone involved — is working to bring the murderer, or murderers, in this case to justice.”

Richards said Celina’s mother should appear before the grand jury as well.

“There’s no reason she shouldn’t be called,” Richards said.

Reached by phone Thursday night, Louisia said she hasn’t been called before the grand jury, but would testify if it would help find Celina’s killer.

“Right now I don’t think I’m in any shape to testify,” Louisia said. “I’m a wreck. Put yourself in my shoes.” Louisia said she took and passed a lie detector test, but doesn’t know if Wendell took one. Wendell Noyes couldn’t be reached for comment.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »

We might actually see justice served on a platter in this case.  I surely hope so.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »

NHRC Fundraiser Events

"After experiencing the abduction and murder of my son, I know the incredible pain that a loss like this brings, and so I commend Beth for channeling her pain into something positive and creating this foundation in conjunction with the National Museum of Crime and Punishment. It is my sincere hope that Beth and her family will get justice in Natalee's case. I always say that one person can make a difference. This foundation, in Natalee's memory and honor, will help protect other young adults from danger." - John Walsh

Running For Justice, Hosted by Maggie and Amanda

Come to Augusta Preparatory Day School, located in August, Georgia, for a 5k run. 100% of the proceeds go to the NHRC!

When: Saturday, February 25th
Donation: Entrance fee of $20 includes a t-shirt!
Registration Deadline: Saturday, February 11th.

*Beth Holloway will be speaking on Friday, February 24th at 2:30pm

REGISTER NOW as space is limited!

If you can't attend the run, but would still like to donate:

Read More:
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC_events

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 02:13:27 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120229/NEWS03/702299971

Man questioned about Celina Cass killing faces weapons, fraud charges
By BOB HOOKWAY
Union Leader Correspondent
Published Feb 29, 2012 at 3:00 am (Updated Feb 28, 2012)

LANCASTER — A 24-year-old West Stewartstown man questioned extensively by authorities in connection with the death of 11-year-old Celina Cass in that town last summer has been indicted on three felony charges apparently unrelated to the murder case.

But the little girl's mother, Louisia Cass, and her stepfather, Wendell Noyes, are listed as victims in a forgery indictment against Kevin Mullaney.

A Coos County Superior Court grand jury spent most of Friday considering whether to bring charges in cases given to them by county prosecutors. They returned some 50 indictments, which court personnel processed Monday before making them public on Tuesday.

Included were three indictments against Mullaney, a man with an extensive criminal record who was staying as a guest at the Cass-Noyes home last summer. Following the killing, Louisia Cass separated from Wendell Noyes, who at the time had been her husband for about a year.
Seven months after the death of Celina Cass was ruled a homicide, no one has been charged with the crime, although prosecutors from the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office have questioned witnesses before the grand jury in the Lancaster court.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 08:38:38 AM »

http://www.wmur.com/r/30568369/detail.html
Murder Victim's Mother Named As Victim In Forgery Case
Kevin Mullaney Accused Of Forging Checks That Belonged To Louisia Cass

Posted February 28, 2012, Updated February 29, 2012

WEST STEWARTSTOWN, N.H. -- The mother of murder victim Celina Cass is named as the victim in a forgery case involving a man who said he was like a brother to Celina.

According to a Coos County indictment, Kevin Mullaney, 24, forged checks that belonged to Louisia Cass.

The indictment said the forgery took place last October.

Mullaney is also charged with possession of a stolen pistol and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 11:10:06 PM »

http://www.nhpr.org/post/celina-cass-stepfather-questioned-grand-jury

Celina Cass Stepfather Questioned Before Grand Jury
Mon March 12, 2012

A Coos Country Grand jury met today/Monday in Lancaster as the investigation into the death of 11-year-old Celina Cass continues.

As NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports, the dead girl’s stepfather was questioned.

Wendell Noyes is the stepfather of Celina Cass, whose body was found last August in the Connecticut River not far from her home in Stewartstown.

Noyes is thought to have been one of the last people to see the girl before she disappeared from her home.

Noyes spent much of the day being questioned behind closed doors by officials including Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 12:03:55 PM »

http://www.nhpr.org/post/celina-cass-stepfather-questioned-grand-jury

Celina Cass Stepfather Questioned Before Grand Jury
Mon March 12, 2012

A Coos Country Grand jury met today/Monday in Lancaster as the investigation into the death of 11-year-old Celina Cass continues.

As NHPR’s Chris Jensen reports, the dead girl’s stepfather was questioned.

Wendell Noyes is the stepfather of Celina Cass, whose body was found last August in the Connecticut River not far from her home in Stewartstown.

Noyes is thought to have been one of the last people to see the girl before she disappeared from her home.

Noyes spent much of the day being questioned behind closed doors by officials including Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young.

Thank you for the update grace-land.  I keep hoping something will break in this case.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/18599894/2012/05/22/cold-case-updates

Cold case updates on active investigations
Posted: May 22, 2012 10:18 PM CDT Updated: May 23, 2012 7:18 PM CDT

Three Cold Case Updates:

Celina Cass - The 11-year-old New Hampshire girl was found in the Connecticut River in August 2011.  She was last seen July 25, 2011, in her home in West Stewartstown around 9 p.m.  Celina's body was discovered wrapped in a blanket.  The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide, but will not reveal how Celina died.  A grand jury convened, and among the witnesses called was Celina's stepfather, Wendell Noyes.  The grand jury did not return an indictment. The investigation remains active.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 12:59:06 AM »

Video at link

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/19/mother-of-celina-cass-says-the-last-year-has-been-hell/

Mother Of Celina Cass Says The Last Year Has Been “Hell”
By Lauren Leamanczyk, WBZ-TV
July 19, 2012 11:04 PM

WEST STEWARTSTOWN, NH (CBS) – It will be one year since Celina Cass disappeared from her home in tiny West Stewartstown, New Hampshire. A week later, divers found her body in the Connecticut River about a half mile from her home.

As the anniversary approaches, Celina’s family is frustrated that no one has been arrested or charged.

“We have a feeling we know who did this,” Louisa says. “But feeling and justification isn’t there. You have to have proof.”

Louisa won’t reveal who she thinks killed her daughter, except to say she believes it is a person she knows.
The lead prosecutor on the case, Jane Young has never named a suspect. But she now confirms investigators do have a working theory.

“The investigation is a focused investigation. We continue to gather evidence to vet out whether our theory is accurate or not,” she explained.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.