March 28, 2024, 12:14:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celina Cass #3 10/21/11 -  (Read 134015 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »

Video at link

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/19/mother-of-celina-cass-says-the-last-year-has-been-hell/

Mother Of Celina Cass Says The Last Year Has Been “Hell”
By Lauren Leamanczyk, WBZ-TV
July 19, 2012 11:04 PM

WEST STEWARTSTOWN, NH (CBS) – It will be one year since Celina Cass disappeared from her home in tiny West Stewartstown, New Hampshire. A week later, divers found her body in the Connecticut River about a half mile from her home.

As the anniversary approaches, Celina’s family is frustrated that no one has been arrested or charged.
 ::snipping2::

“We have a feeling we know who did this,” Louisa says. “But feeling and justification isn’t there. You have to have proof.”

Louisa won’t reveal who she thinks killed her daughter, except to say she believes it is a person she knows.
The lead prosecutor on the case, Jane Young has never named a suspect. But she now confirms investigators do have a working theory.

“The investigation is a focused investigation. We continue to gather evidence to vet out whether our theory is accurate or not,” she explained.

Lady Justice is moving slowly in this case, but Celina is free from all of these wordly things.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »

So true Sister!  I feel so bad for this little girl because I'm afraid she may have been picked on.  I hope I am wrong but her little mouth not being fixed bother me to no end.  I hope she was not tortured in the short time she was here!  I am encouraged to see that LE is still hard at work on this.  Slowly but surely!  I'll take that any day over zero prosecution!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/year+after+girl+found+dead+river+hometown+still+waits+arrests/6972627/story.html
1 year after NH girl found dead in river, her hometown still waits for arrests, answers
July 22, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3f28bed4578843b98da0a0d38dd33939/NH--Missing-Girl-NH
Family, friends gather to mourn Celina Cass's disappearance, death in vigil at NH town park
July 26, 2012

WEST STEWARTSTOWN, N.H. — Family and friends will gather at a vigil to mark the anniversary of the disappearance of an 11-year-old New Hampshire girl whose case remains unsolved.
The vigil will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday in the same small park where friends once prayed for her safe return.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012, 11:13:13 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120726/NEWS03/707279976
A year later, answers remain elusive in Cass murder
July 26, 2012

WEST STEWARTSTOWN — The first anniversary of the last day Celina Cass was seen alive was marked with a rainy vigil that drew roughly 100 family members, friends and supporters.
After sharing memories, several of Celina's friends asked for a moment of silence and then released balloons with heart-felt messages written on them, with a prayer that they would reach Celina.

At the end of the vigil, Celina's mother, Louisia Cass, read a short written statement in which she described her pain and bewilderment over losing her daughter.
 ::snipping2::Devin Lumbra, Celina's cousin, read from a prepared statement, in which she said the family feels the more questions they ask, the fewer answers they get.
After the vigil, Lumbra said the family has their suspicions as to who committed the crime, but are forbidden by authorities to name any names.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young stressed the case is being worked on daily, with three state police officers “working tirelessly” along with FBI agents and other law enforcemLouisia Cass, Celina's mother, is now living in nearby Lemington, Vt., with her 14-year-old daughter, Kayla Laro.

Celina's stepfather, Wendell Noyes, did not attend the vigil. A family friend, Kevin Mullaney, was living in the home at the time of the murder and is currently serving time for unrelated charges.
ent agencies.

“I continue to talk with them more days of the week than not,” she said. “We continue to pore over evidence, witness statements and reports. It's a very active investigation.”

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:14:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/969425-196/family-friends-of-celina-cass-hold-vigil.html
Family, friends of Celina Cass hold vigil marking anniversary of her death
July 28, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120729/NEWS03/707299981
Man held in Alaska suspect in Vt. murders month before Celina Cass went missing
July 28, 2012

Information about a man charged in the random kidnapping and murder of an 18-year-old girl in Alaska in February has been shared with investigators in New Hampshire, according to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young.

The man, Israel Keyes, 34, is also reported to be a person of interest in the random abduction and murder of an Essex, Vt., couple who disappeared last year, the month before 11-year-old Celina Cass was found slain in West Stewartstown.

New Hampshire “State Police are aware of Mr. Keyes, and they are being provided information through the FBI,” Young said.

Young wouldn't comment on whether Keyes is a suspect in Celina's murder or two other unsolved North Country cases.
Ramsey, agent in charge of New Hampshire's FBI office, said he couldn't comment on whether a task force is looking into Keyes' background or the Keyes case in general.

“In context of the Celina Cass case, we are looking at every such possibility and continue to look,” Ramsey said. “We are not eliminating anyone or turning our heads to any connection.”

Keyes came to the public's attention in New England nine days ago when Vermont's U.S. attorney, Tristram Coffin, held a news conference to say Bill and Lorraine Currier, the couple from Essex who had mysteriously disappeared in June 2011, had in fact been randomly abducted and murdered.

Coffin didn't identify the suspect, but said in a news release the alleged killer was being held on charges in another state.

“No charges have yet been brought against this person for the Curriers' murders, but charges are anticipated,” Coffin said in the news release.”
Keyes had previously lived in Washington state and has a cabin in Constable, N.Y., on the Canadian border, according to news reports.

Constable is a little more than a four-hour drive from West Stewartstown, where on Thursday townspeople turned out for a vigil, seeking justice for Celina Cass.

The 11-year-old was last seen alive July 25, 2011, inside the apartment she shared with her mother, stepfather, sister and a boarder. A week later, Celina's body was found submerged in the Connecticut River, not far from her home and not far from the Canadian border.

Authorities have not released her cause of death, but have ruled it a homicide.

Two other cases have baffled investigators in the North Country over the years,

Maura Murray was a 21-year-old University of Massachusetts nursing student when she disappeared on Route 112 in Haverhill after a minor car crash on Feb. 9, 2004. According to the New Hampshire State Police website, her disappearance is being treated as suspicious.

Louise Chaput, 52, a social worker from Sherbrooke, southern Quebec, Canada, was last seen on Nov. 15, 2001. She was reported missing when she failed to return from a scheduled hiking trip in Pinkham Notch. Her body was found a week later near the Glen Ellis Falls parking lot at Pinkham Notch. Authorities said she died from multiple stab wounds.
Anchorage police Lt. Dave Parker said because of the brazen nature of Keyes' alleged crimes, it is likely authorities would look at other cases in other states to see whether he was connected.

“When they get a person like Mr. Keyes, they automatically start looking at any other cases in any other places they can confirm he has been for the possibility of him being suspect,” Parker said.

Crimes that include kidnapping, robbery and murder would be a red flag to investigators, he said.

“The facts of the case would cause me as an investigator to always want to go further to see if he has done anything anywhere else,” Parker said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »

http://www.wcax.com/story/19150460/how-murder-suspect-israel-keyes-is-linked-to-our-region
How murder suspect Israel Keyes is linked to our region
July 30, 2012

CONSTABLE, N.Y. -
Neighbors say no one has lived in the cabin at 511 Poplar Street in Constable, N.Y., for years.

"The Amish lived in there a few years ago and they didn't stay very long. It's very run down," said Megan Clookey, a neighbor.

"They had, I think, two kids and they were the only ones. I didn't know of anybody else who lived there," neighbor Willard Patnode said.

Nor have they met the man who owns the property.

"It's kind of weird because there are not too many people who are on this road and we usually know everybody," Clookey said.

Perhaps that's because the owner is in Alaska, living behind bars while federal prosecutors decide if he should face the death penalty. That man is Israel Keyes, 34. He's already charged with kidnapping and killing an Anchorage teenager and he's the prime suspect in the double murder of Bill and Lorraine Currier, a Vermont couple randomly abducted from their Essex home and murdered more than a year ago.

According to town records, Keyes purchased the Constable cabin and 10-acre property in 1997. And he's kept up with his taxes ever since.
Before Sunday, no one in local law enforcement had ever publicly acknowledged Keyes' name. But that changed when New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young told the Union Leader that police investigating the murder of 11-year-old Celina Cass are getting information from the feds about Israel Keyes. Young told the New Hampshire newspaper: "State Police are aware of Mr. Keyes and they are being provided information through the FBI. Everybody is looked at in these cases. We would be remiss in our duty if we didn't follow up on any new information that came to light."

I spoke to Young on the phone Monday afternoon. She wanted to stress that she's not saying there is a connection between Israel Keyes and the Celina Cass murder case, but she did say she is aware of Keyes and she is looking at any information the FBI sends her way, if only to rule him out as a suspect.

Keyes has not yet been charged in the Essex murders, but charges are expected.

Video at Link
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:54:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/11Israel-Keyes-Possibly-to-Three-Other-Murders-Along-with-Samantha-Koenig-164538596.html
Israel Keyes Investigated for Possible Lower 48 Murders
Alleged murderer of Samantha Koenig, Keyes, brings up questions in Lower 48

Story Created July 31, 2012, Updated August 1, 2012

ANCHORAGE - Six months after 18-year-old Samantha Koenig was kidnapped and murdered, authorities are investigating to see if her accused killer, Israel Keyes, could be connected to other cases on the East Coast.

Two weeks ago a Vermont television station, WCAX, reported Keyes might be connected to the disappearance and murder of a couple there.

WCAX reported on June 8, 2011 Keyes checked into a hotel in Essex, Vermont – the same day Bill and Lorraine Currier went missing. Keyes checked out the following day.
Investigators have not yet named a suspect, but gave a few details at a press conference. “The person believed to have committed the murders is in custody in another state and will stay in custody,” said Tristam Coffin, U.S. Attorney for Vermont.

On July 25, 11-year-old Celina Cass went missing from her home in West Stewartstown, New Hampshire. Her body was found in the Connecticut River not far from the Canadian border.

WCAX confirmed Israel Keyes owns a cabin in Constable, New York, which is on the Canadian border. It’s also a four-hour drive from West Stewartstown and an hour and a half from Essex.

Over the weekend the New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General, Jane Young, publicly acknowledged for the first time that investigators were gathering information about Keyes.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2012, 01:59:49 AM »

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20120804/NEWS07/708049905/-1/news
Suspected serial killer owns cabin in Constable
August 4, 2012

An Anchorage man who owns property in Constable in Franklin County is jailed in Alaska on charges that he murdered an 18-year-old woman and extorted a ransom from her family. But he is not just an accused murderer; some, including law enforcement, believe he could be a serial killer.
Israel Keyes, 34, was arrested in March in Texas, extradited to Alaska and subsequently charged with the Feb. 1 murder of 18-year-old Samantha Koenig, who worked as a barista in Anchorage at the time of her death. Alaska-based NBC affiliate KTUU reported April 2 that her body was discovered in a lake near Anchorage that same day.
Keyes is also a suspect in a double homicide in Vermont in 2011, and could be under the microscope for another 2011 murder in New Hampshire.
Franklin County District Attorney Derek P. Champagne said he had never heard of Keyes and does not believe there are unsolved murders in the county to which Keyes could be linked.
“Our office has had no contact with him and neither has state police,” Mr. Champagne said Thursday.
Jefferson County District Attorney Cindy F. Intschert said she is looking into the question of whether her office or area law enforcement has any information or suspicions about Keyes.
A Facebook page, “Have You Ever Met Israel Keyes? Possible Serial Killer,” is tracking the investigation. The page administrators include Ms. Koenig’s father, James Koenig of Anchorage, and Peggy Giles, of Valdez, Alaska. She said Keyes was raised in an Amish family and was one of nine siblings, but Alaska-based CBS affiliate KVTA reported March 19 that one of Keyes’s childhood baby sitters, who was not named, said he was raised in a Mormon family.
They said they have done research on Keyes and passed their findings on to the FBI.
“We’re trying to get a timeline together ... and match his whereabouts up with other missing persons,” Mr. Koenig said. The Facebook group said Keyes may be responsible for a slew of killings, possibly going back to 1996.
Although Keyes has been charged only with the Koenig murder, Burlington, Vt.-based WCAX reported July 23 that he is the prime suspect in the 2011 double murder of Bill and Lorraine Currier. The station additionally reported that Keyes was staying in Essex, Vt., the town where the Curriers lived and were slain.
The Union Leader newspaper from Manchester, N.H., reported July 28 that the FBI and state authorities in Alaska were sharing information about Keyes with New Hampshire prosecutors, possibly in connection with the July 25, 2011, slaying of 11-year-old Celina Cass of Stewartstown, N.H., which took place a month after the Currier murders.
“State police are aware of Mr. Keyes and they are being provided information through the FBI. Everybody is looked at in these cases,” New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Jane Young told the Union Leader last week.
The “Have You Ever Met Israel Keyes? Possible Serial Killer” Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/pages/Have-You-Ever-met-Israel-Keyes-Possible-Serial-Killer/399521663428225.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »

To me it seems that Keyes kills for monetary gain.  Personally, I don't think that he is involved in the death of Celina...unless he took money, credit cards...something of monetary value.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »

To me it seems that Keyes kills for monetary gain.  Personally, I don't think that he is involved in the death of Celina...unless he took money, credit cards...something of monetary value.

I agree..this was someone local who knew the family's daily routine and where Celina slept...I don't think a stranger picked that house to come in the middle of the night to take her and murder her..It happens, but in this case I think it is far more likely Kevin...who looks so much like her I have wondered about the real relationship there..had more to do with this then not.  I know everyone suspects her stepfather..I don't..I think he was always going to be the fall guy for whatever person did this and knew the family well enough to know their day to day patterns, where everyone slept and the fact the stepfather had a mental illness issue, but no past violent issues..etc.  I really have always thought that Kevin did this.  He is the only one with motive..which I would think was both sexual and jealousy..after all she was the baby in the family..and he was acknowleged as a family friend..but more then likely in my mind a brother

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »

I agree..this was someone local who knew the family's daily routine and where Celina slept...I don't think a stranger picked that house to come in the middle of the night to take her and murder her..It happens, but in this case I think it is far more likely Kevin...who looks so much like her I have wondered about the real relationship there..had more to do with this then not.  I know everyone suspects her stepfather..I don't..I think he was always going to be the fall guy for whatever person did this and knew the family well enough to know their day to day patterns, where everyone slept and the fact the stepfather had a mental illness issue, but no past violent issues..etc.  I really have always thought that Kevin did this.  He is the only one with motive..which I would think was both sexual and jealousy..after all she was the baby in the family..and he was acknowleged as a family friend..but more then likely in my mind a brother
I hear what you are saying, Gypsy DD.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20121028/NEWS07/710289806
Decrepit site scoured for murder
October 28, 2012

In addition to the Currier case in Vermont, Keyes is believed to be a suspect in another 2011 murder, in New Hampshire.
The Union Leader newspaper from Manchester, N.H., reported July 28 that FBI and Alaska authorities were sharing information about Keyes with New Hampshire prosecutors, possibly in connection with the July 25, 2011, slaying of 11-year-old Celina Cass of Stewartstown, N.H., a month after the Curriers disappeared.
A Facebook page, “Have You Ever Met Israel Keyes? Possible Serial Killer” has been set up by Samantha Koenig’s father and is dedicated to tracking Keyes’s whereabouts over the years.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »

I've been trying to figure out how Celina Cass figures in with possibly being another victim of Israel Keyes.  LE hasn't released much information concerning the abduction and murder of Samantha Koenig.  He's in custody for that case, and LE appears to be making a case against him in the disappearance and likely deaths of Bill and Lorraine Currier but he hasn't been named.  Both of these cases appear to be involved with theft.  How does Celina's murder figure in?  Of course, Israel Keyes may be responsible for many more crimes than we are aware of at this time. 

Here are links to the current case discussions I've referenced above:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12707.0
Kidnapped Samantha Koenig 18 yo missing 2/1/12, Anchorage, AK(Body Found)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=10462.0
Bill & Lorraine Currier Missing in VT Since 6/8/11

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

interesting ... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-charged-barista-death-linked-killings-17863614
Man Charged in Barista Death Linked to 7 Killings
December 3, 2012

A man charged in the death of an Alaska barista has killed himself, and authorities said Sunday they had linked him to at least seven other possible slayings in three other states.

Israel Keyes was found dead in his Anchorage jail cell Sunday morning. He died of an apparent suicide, U.S. Attorney Karen Loeffler told reporters.

Keyes was facing a March trial in federal court for the murder of 18-year-old Samantha Koenig, who was abducted from an Anchorage coffee kiosk last February. He was later arrested in Texas after using the victim's debit card.

Keyes confessed to killing Koenig, as well as killing Bill and Lorraine Currier of Essex, Vt., Anchorage police chief Mark Mew said.

The bodies of the Curriers have never been found. They were last seen leaving their jobs on June 8, 2011. Co-workers reported them missing the next day.

Keyes also indicated he killed four others in Washington state and one person in New York state, but did not give the victims' names, authorities said.
Koenig's family said there was no apparent previous connection between the teen and the suspect. Reached by phone Sunday, Koenig's father, James Koenig declined to comment on Keyes' death.

Authorities in Vermont have been working with investigators in Alaska since April on the Currier case, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Vermont said in statement Sunday.

Investigators have determined that the couple's home was entered forcibly, and that there was evidence of a possible struggle.

Their car was stolen and was recovered several days after their disappearance at an apartment complex about three-quarters of a mile away from their home.

Keyes was thorough and methodical in disposing victims, authorities said Sunday at a hastily assembled press conference that included the FBI, U.S. Attorney's office and Anchorage police. Only Koenig's body has been recovered.

He didn't have a clear pattern in victims, who ranged widely in age, authorities said. Money appeared to be just a partial motive.

Authorities say they may never know the full extent of Keyes' crimes because he parsed out only a little information at a time, withholding names and locations of most of his victims.

There may be victims in other states as well besides the four states noted by Keyes, FBI Special Agent in Charge Mary Rook said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121204/NEWS03/121209728
Authorities: No link seen with serial killer, Celina Cass
December 3, 2012

Authorities said Monday there appears to be no connection between Celina Cass, the Coos County 11-year-old murdered 17 months ago, and Israel Keyes, a serial killer whose victims included a couple in neighboring Vermont. Keyes was found dead in his Anchorage, Alaska, jail cell Sunday.

Keyes has been implicated in the disappearance and believed murder of an Essex, Vt., couple in early June 2011, nearly two months before Cass was reported missing from her West Stewartstown home and then found a week later submerged in a Connecticut River impoundment.
A federal prosecutor in Alaska told the New Hampshire Union Leader that Keyes, 34, was not believed to be in New Hampshire during Cass' late July 2011 disappearance. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Feldis said investigators tracked Keyes' travel through credit cards, plane tickets and rental cars.

Records show he was in Alaska when Cass disappeared in late July.

"Our investigation indicates he was not in New Hampshire at that period of time," Feldis said.
In New Hampshire, homicide prosecutor Jane Young said "our investigation into Celina's murder continues, and that death (of Keyes) does not impact the course of our investigation." She said state police did look into the possibility of Keyes involvement in the Cass murder after national news reported his connection to the disappearance of the Vermont couple, Bill and Lorraine Currier. Their bodies have not been found.

In January, New Hampshire authorities empaneled an investigative grand jury and called several witnesses involved in the Cass case, including people who were at the family's West Stewartstown home on the night of her disappearance. Nothing publicly has come of the grand jury work, and Young said she is barred from discussing grand jury proceedings.

She said leads still surface in the case, and investigators are reviewing past witness statements.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20262003/man-who-killed
Attorney: Keyes investigated in death of Celina Cass
December 4, 2012

Keyes was also connected to a high-profile murder in New Hampshire.

Fox 25's Bob Ward confirmed with N.H. senior assistant attorney general Jane Young that Keyes was also being looked at in connection with the death of Celina Cass.

Young said that Keyes' death has no impact on their investigation into the Cass case.

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/1001302-469/victims-of-violence-remembered-at-nh-vigil.html
Victims of violence remembered at NH vigil; memories live on
April 24, 2013

CONCORD – Chris and Mary Huntley have been coming here for three years. They come with their daughters Andrea and Elizabeth. They come with their young grandson.

But they don’t come with their third daughter, Randi. Randi was 25 when she was murdered by her ex-boyfriend June 1, 2010, in Danville. They come to remember her.
The Huntleys were among of dozens of families at St. Paul’s Church in Concord on Tuesday evening for the second of a two-day recognition of victims of violence and of the family and loved ones they left behind. The day, which began with a press conference including Gov. Maggie Hassan and Attorney General Michael Delaney in the morning, is part of National Crime Victims Awareness Week.
Jackson Mwangi pleaded guilty in 2011 to killing Randi Huntley in front of her then-4-year-old son. He’s serving 40 years to life in prison, but Randi Huntley’s family is only left with memories of her. She is memorialized by a decorated square on one of 19 quilts that lined the walls of St. Paul’s Church on Tuesday, each one dedicated to a victim of homicide.

The names of the victims carry meaning, and hearing them read aloud, or seeing their faces on the quilts, helps keep their legacies alive. Names such as:

Kim Cates, who was killed in her Mont Vernon home in 2009.

Matthew Beaudoin, who died on his way home after he and another pedestrian were struck by an intoxicated driver after a confrontation in downtown Nashua in 2008.

Paul Frontiero, an emergency medical technician who was stabbed to death in October 2011 in front of his apartment in Nashua as he tried to protect two roommates.

Phyllis Marchand, who was murdered by her husband, bound and gagged, in her Hollis home in 2009.

Noel St. Laurent, the oldest man on the list at age 91, who was killed by his nephew in his Lyndeborough driveway on his way to check the mail.

Celina Cass, the 11-year-old girl who vanished from her northern New Hampshire home and was found dead a week later. To this day, no arrests have been made.

The day aims to comfort victims’ families, said Sandra Matheson, director of the Attorney General’s Office of Victim/Witness Assistance, one of the groups that organizes the service.
More...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.