March 28, 2024, 07:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celina Cass #3 10/21/11 -  (Read 134009 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »

RIP CELINA..YOU ARE I A FAR BETTER PLACE.  So sorry that LE has not been able to pinpoint your murder...this is an old cold case now I feel.  Nothing happening of value for so long.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2013, 10:30:40 PM »

RIP CELINA..YOU ARE I A FAR BETTER PLACE.  So sorry that LE has not been able to pinpoint your murder...this is an old cold case now I feel.  Nothing happening of value for so long.

It appears to be a cold case, Gypsy DD.  It's sad that justice has not come for Celina.  After she was found, it looked promising that LE would solve this case but...   
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »

I feel it too Gypsy DD.  I've been watching some of the cases of I think it Discovery ID channel, good grief . . . some take years and years and years.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/84571ff8d74e41dd9eaf57bfeccb4c3f/NH--Missing-Girl-NH

2 years after NH girl found dead in river, no arrests
July 25, 2013 - 1:41 pm EDT

WEST STEWARTSTOWN, New Hampshire — Two years after an 11-year-old girl vanished from her northern New Hampshire home and was found slain a week later, no arrests have been made, but prosecutors say the case is still active.

Celina Cass was reported missing after she was last seen at the family's computer at about 9 p.m. July 25, 2011.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young tells the Caledonian-Record (http://bit.ly/16eAet9) says work has continued on the case. She said she is not at liberty to provide the details.

Prosecutors have labeled her death a homicide but have not revealed how she died.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/84571ff8d74e41dd9eaf57bfeccb4c3f/NH--Missing-Girl-NH

2 years after NH girl found dead in river, no arrests
July 25, 2013 - 1:41 pm EDT

WEST STEWARTSTOWN, New Hampshire — Two years after an 11-year-old girl vanished from her northern New Hampshire home and was found slain a week later, no arrests have been made, but prosecutors say the case is still active.

Celina Cass was reported missing after she was last seen at the family's computer at about 9 p.m. July 25, 2011.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young tells the Caledonian-Record (http://bit.ly/16eAet9) says work has continued on the case. She said she is not at liberty to provide the details.

Prosecutors have labeled her death a homicide but have not revealed how she died.

I hope there can be justice for Celina. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »

7/19/14  3 years on, girl's unsolved slaying haunts town 

"An 11-year-old girl whose disappearance prompted a massive search before her body was found against a dam in the Connecticut River remains a haunting presence in her small rural town.

Celina Cass was last seen hunched over a computer in her family's apartment in West Stewartstown on July 25, 2011. Three years later, no one has been charged with her death, which investigators have called a homicide.

As of the weekend, there were no public memorial services planned to commemorate the third anniversary of Celina's death, and resident Shannon Towle hopes it stays that way. The previous anniversaries have attracted hordes of media, she said, and only served to unnerve children still struggling to cope with the security of their town being shattered.

"The kids who were her close friends are still dealing with this," said Towle, whose family owns the gas station and convenience store across from Celina's apartment in northern New Hampshire. She said news of an arrest would be cause for celebration.

"Without that, it just kind of rubs it in your face that whoever did this is still out and about," Towle said."

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/3-years-on-girls-unsolved-slaying-haunts-town

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »

It seemed to me there were some very strange circumstances around Celina's disappearance and death.  The whole story seemed suspicious to me    Three years has passed and no arrests.  I hope there will be justice for Celina in the very near future.

Thank you for posting the article alagary

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »

Stepfather of missing NH girl arrested on murder charges
Published On: Jun 20 2016 04:04:54 PM EDT
Updated On: Jun 20 2016 04:35:30 PM EDT

Wendell Noyes, 32, was charged with second-degree murder for the death of Celina Cass. He is accused of drowning her in the Connecticut River, according to a statement released by Attorney General Joseph Foster and Colonel Robert Quinn.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/stepfather-of-missing-nh-girl-arrested-on-murder-charges/40142104
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2016, 08:45:44 PM »

R.I.P Celina 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »

Sad that it has taken so long...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/celina-cass-arrest-made-2011-case-missing-11-year-old-n595991

Celina Cass: Arrest Made in 2011 Case of Missing 11-Year-Old Girl Found Murdered
by TOM WINTER

An arrest has been made in the case of a 11-year-old New Hampshire girl who mysteriously vanished and was then found dead in a river five year ago.

Young Celina Cass went missing on July 26, 2011. Her disappearance attracted national attention as the FBI and police agencies from all over New England got involved in her search. Her story appeared on the TODAY show for a week at the time.

Six days after she disappeared her body was found wrapped in a rug at the bottom of a dam on the Connecticut River, barely a half a mile from her home in Stewartstown, N.H.

Her stepfather, Wendell Noyes, 52, was arrested on Monday and charged with second-degree murder, according to the New Hampshire Attorney General's office.

Police had long-suspected Noyes, and he did himself no favors by behaving bizarrely in front of NBC cameras at the time — at one point he threw himself off of his front-porch steps, crawled across the ground, and pretend to toss a grenade.

That incident followed an afternoon where Noyes was questioned by a detective publicly outside his home, in full view of reporters.

At the time of her disappearance, Celina lived with Noyes, her mother, her 13-year-old sister and the 22-year-old son of one of her mother's former boyfriends. Both men were later subpoenaed to testify at grand jury proceedings related to the case. This February, a major crimes squad truck was seen parked outside Noyes' trailer.

Court documents show Noyes has a history of psychiatric issues. He was found unfit to stand trial in a 2003 case in which he was charged with breaking into an ex-girlfriend's home and threatening her.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:26:16 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2016, 10:14:29 PM »

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/20/stepfather-murder-arrest-celina-cass-new-hampshire/

Stepfather Arrested For 2011 Murder Of Celina Cass In NH
June 20, 2016 5:45 PM

Investigators questioned Noyes after the murder, but he was uncooperative. Days later, Noyes checked himself into a mental hospital.

He will be arraigned on Tuesday.

The NH Attorney General’s Office says the investigation into the murder remained active for the past five years.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2016, 08:07:35 AM »

Arrest Made in 2011 Case of Missing 11 Year Old Young Celina Cass Found Murdered … Her stepfather, 52 Year Old Wendell Noyes Arrested

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2016/06/21/arrest-made-in-2011-case-of-missing-11-year-old-young-celina-cass-found-murdered-her-stepfather-52-year-old-wendell-noyes-arrested/

ARREST FINALLY MADE IN THE CASE OF MURDERED YOUNG CELINA CASS …

11 year old Young Celina Cass went missing on July 26, 2011. Sadly, six days later she was found dead wrapped in a rug at the bottom of a dam on the Connecticut River, barely a half a mile from her home in Stewartstown, N.H. Five years later an arrest has finally been made. Her stepfather, 52 year old Wendell Noyes, was arrested on Monday and charged with second-degree murder. Noyes is accused of killing Cass by submerging her body in the river. The stepfather is set to be arraigned Tuesday.

Good riddance to this killer!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2016, 01:14:27 PM »

http://crimefeed.com/2016/06/former-step-father-arrested-five-years-later-for-murder-of-11-year-old/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »

http://www.wcvb.com/news/stepdad-makes-first-court-appearance-in-2011-death-of-11yearold-celina-cass/40158566

Stepdad makes first court appearance in 2011 death of 11-year-old Celina Cass
UPDATED 5:23 PM EDT Jun 21, 2016

On Tuesday, he was wearing an orange jumpsuit as he sat in an office on the other end of the video conference.

Noyes' hearing was a brief, standard formality at the start of any criminal case. A New Hampshire judge read the charges against him, explained that they carry a maximum penalty of life in prison and then asked if he understood.

No pleas were entered, but Noyes did reply through the video link that he understood the charges. Cass wept during the hearing.

Lastly, attorneys discussed the issue of Noyes' competency. They indicated that he had been in a state hospital since December and that previous competency evaluations had been completed for another pending case.

His defense attorney asked for permission to have another competency evaluation performed.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2016, 05:42:11 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/man-accused-of-killing-celina-cass-due-in-court/40151708

Man accused of killing Celina Cass appears in court
Girl's father says he hopes for some closure in case
UPDATED 4:11 PM EDT Jun 21, 2016

Prosecutors and a defense attorney discussed Noyes' competency to stand trial at Tuesday's hearing. Noyes was arrested at the state hospital, where he has been since December.

Noyes will be evaluated by doctors before further hearings are scheduled.

Assistant Attorney General Jane Young asked that the arrest warrant be sealed for the time being. No further details about the investigation were revealed.

Because of the nature of the charges, Noyes is not eligible for bail. He could be sentenced to up to life in prison if convicted.

Celina's family said the arrest brings some closure, but they still have many questions, including why.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2016, 10:53:52 AM »

I hope he is found competent to stand trial.

I doubt the family will ever know why . . .

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2016, 10:46:22 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/crime/competency-hearing-set-for-celina-casss-alleged-murderer-20160705

July 05. 2016 2:24PM
Competency hearing set for Celina Cass's alleged murderer

COLEBROOK –Wendell Noyes, the Stewartstown man accused of killing his 11-year-old stepdaughter, Celina Cass, is scheduled to appear at a competency hearing here next month.

The hearing will be held Aug. 11 at 11 a.m. in 1st Circuit, District Division, Colebrook, before Judge Paul Desjardins, who on June 21 presided over the arraignment of Noyes on one count of second-degree murder.

The state alleges that on or about July 26 and July 27, 2011, Noyes caused Cass’s death by submerging her in the Connecticut River, which is a short distance from the family’s former home on Route 3 in West Stewartstown.

At the June arraignment, Noyes’ lawyer, Marcie Hornick, reminded Desjardins that he had ruled her client incompetent to stand trial in Nov. 2015 on unrelated misdemeanor charges.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2016, 08:09:57 AM »

I hope he is found competent to stand trial.

I doubt the family will ever know why . . .

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2016, 06:32:20 PM »

http://www.nh1.com/news/competency-hearing-postponed-for-nh-man-accused-of-killing-stepdaughter-celina-cass/

Aug 10, 2016 1:38 PM
Competency hearing postponed for NH man accused of killing stepdaughter Celina Cass

A Stewartstown man accused of killing his 11-year-old stepdaughter was scheduled to appear at a competency hearing on Thursday at 11 a.m., but the meeting has been postponed.

READ: Stewartstown man accused of killing 11-year-old Celina Cass scheduled for hearing

However, the case has been continued, and the new competency hearing will be on Sept. 22 at 12:30 p.m.

Wendel Noyes is facing second-degree murder charges for the death of Celina Cass six years ago.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »

Wow! I am very happy for the arrest! I don't know a soul that didn't suspect his guilt but WHAT took so long? What tiny piece of evidence sowed up at the last minute? 
RIP Celina😇😇😘

Off topic...not posted in a long while but very happy to see the Monkey family! Hi everyone! God Bless you all!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.