April 20, 2024, 12:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maria Hanson, 54 yo, missing from Yakima Washington July 6, 2011(remains found)  (Read 23807 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 07, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/08/authorities_search_for_54-year-old_woman_last_seen_at_rainbow_family_gathering.html

Authorities search for 54-year-old woman last seen at Rainbow Family gathering
Published: Sunday, August 07, 2011, 9:58 AM     Updated: Sunday, August 07, 2011, 10:03 AM

YAKIMA, Wash. -- Authorities are searching for a 54-year-old grandmother of two who went missing during an annual hippie gathering in a Washington forest.  

Marie Hanson’s family fears she may have been a victim of foul play.  

The South Lake Tahoe, Calif. woman was last seen July 6. She had traveled with neighbors to the Gifford Pinchot National Forest to attend the annual gathering of the Rainbow Family of Living Light.  

The Rainbow Family is a group of peace activists borne from the ‘60s counter-culture movement. Hanson had never attended a gathering and made a spontaneous decision to go.  
Edit to add "remains found" to subject line.  MB
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:33:41 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »

http://mariehansonmissing.com/

Find Marie Hanson

We need a hand, and you can give it to us…..

with 4 comments

It’s been a month since Marie Hanson left for the Rainbow Gathering in Washingon. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, her neighbor’s girlfriend had had to fly up to Portland for a funeral, and would meet him there, leaving a seat open in the car. Marie kissed her husband Billy goodbye, called her kids, told them all she was going to a “Peace Rally” and that she would be back on July 10th, jumped into a “ride share” car with her neighbor and drove away.  The next day, July 2nd, in the afternoon she called Billy, excited that they were nearly to Skookum Meadow, told him that she loved him and that she would see him on the 10th. That is the last contact that she had with her family.

The “National” Rainbow Gathering this year was huge, and it must have seemed both exciting and chaotic to Marie. Our hometown of South Lake Tahoe has a year round population of about 20,000 and there were between 15,000-20,000 people over the 7 official days of the Gathering. There were kitchens serving food, and coffee tents, and trading circles, and people, and music. And cars, lots of cars, some people report walking 3 and 4 miles with their gear, just to get to the gate.

Marie and her neighbor camped that night,   her back hurt from the long drive, and sleeping on the ground. She had had back surgery, had brought her pain medicine and doxepin to help her sleep, but people that she talked to the next day say that she was hurting. Her neighbor either loaned her his air mattress, or traded some beads for a pad for her to sleep on. Eventually, on July 3rd they moved their camp to a more convenient location up on the road, near the rear gate. She was seen that day, walking down the road toward the gathering, and then again on July 4th,  during the evening dinner circle, when she was sitting next to a man some identified as “Owl”. On one of these days she traded something for a hand crafted doll for her grandaughter, and a trinket for her grandson. On the 6th she was seen climbing into  a pickup truck to take a ride down to a lower parking area or the bus village, then that evening many saw her back up at the Gathering at the dinner circle.  That night her other neighbor joined her boyfriend, and there is some confusion about whether Marie came back to camp that night. The next morning, the neighbor that she had traveled with thought he saw her walking down a trail toward the latrines.  All of Marie’s belongings were left in the tent that she shared with her friend, including her purse, her medicine, the toys for her grandkids and her clothing. She was not seen again by a reliable witness.
 ::snipping2::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »

Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002761654813
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »

Here is the Rainbow Gathering 2011 Facebook site.  Lots of pictures, heading out but will look through them to see if she is spotted with any particular person.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185306138188155#!/event.php?eid=185306138188155#!/photo.php?fbid=188589677864798&set=o.185306138188155&type=1&theater

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »

Here is the Rainbow Gathering 2011 Facebook site.  Lots of pictures, heading out but will look through them to see if she is spotted with any particular person.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185306138188155#!/event.php?eid=185306138188155#!/photo.php?fbid=188589677864798&set=o.185306138188155&type=1&theater

Just correcting your link from above.

The family of Marie's have been screaming for media coverage and exposure with little to no responses. Let's see if we can bring this beautiful lady home to her family.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »

Just correcting your link from above.

The family of Marie's have been screaming for media coverage and exposure with little to no responses. Let's see if we can bring this beautiful lady home to her family.

Thanks Sassi...I'm interested in looking through all of the pictures...lots of questions.  I have to run out for awhile though.  I pray that she is brought home safe.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »

Also, Hope Johnston had went missing from the Rainbow Gathering on July 1.  She was found safe, but haven't found what happened, yet.  Anyone know?

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 04:19:37 PM »

GETTING INTO THE GATHERING WITHOUT GETTING A MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE TICKET

Every year the United States Forest Service Law Enforcement (USFS) Incident Management Team (the cops) attempts to write as many tickets to family coming home as they possibly can to justify their presence. They give out tickets for broken tail lights, failure to use a turn signal in a deserted parking lot at 2 AM, lack of seat belts, controlled substances (even just a trace amount), beads hanging from your rear view mirrors, prescription medications if the label doesn't clearly have your name on it and you can't prove who you are, dogs off leash, a vehicle missing a front license plate even if you live in a state that does not issue a front license plate and a lot more violations of the letter of the law.

http://washingtongathering.blogspot.com/

This is interesting...why would this be necessary?  I am not very familiar with the Rainbow Gathering.  Also, this may be useful to find names/addresses and so on of those that attended. 

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »

Here is a good read for those of us (including myself) that isn't familiar with Rainbow Gathering.

http://bonneylake-sumner.patch.com/articles/rainbow-gathering-attracts-locals-to-this-years-washington-state-location

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 04:34:10 PM »

Also, Hope Johnston had went missing from the Rainbow Gathering on July 1.  She was found safe, but haven't found what happened, yet.  Anyone know?

Wow! Didn't know that! Do you have a link to that info?

Thanks labubske!  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »

GETTING INTO THE GATHERING WITHOUT GETTING A MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE TICKET

Every year the United States Forest Service Law Enforcement (USFS) Incident Management Team (the cops) attempts to write as many tickets to family coming home as they possibly can to justify their presence. They give out tickets for broken tail lights, failure to use a turn signal in a deserted parking lot at 2 AM, lack of seat belts, controlled substances (even just a trace amount), beads hanging from your rear view mirrors, prescription medications if the label doesn't clearly have your name on it and you can't prove who you are, dogs off leash, a vehicle missing a front license plate even if you live in a state that does not issue a front license plate and a lot more violations of the letter of the law.

http://washingtongathering.blogspot.com/

This is interesting...why would this be necessary?  I am not very familiar with the Rainbow Gathering.  Also, this may be useful to find names/addresses and so on of those that attended. 

They seem pretty harmless. Heck, I guess I would be called a hippie! 

Maybe we should look at them.

Have family night right now, so I'll look tomorrow!

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 04:41:35 PM »

Wow! Didn't know that! Do you have a link to that info?

Thanks labubske!  an angelic monkey

Looking back quickly I found this link...I am sure there is something better though.  I should have left already...ha. 
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/fair-oaks-ca/TDC5MCLQOIG8UIMOJ

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »

youtube video of the gathering:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=188589677864798&set=o.185306138188155&type=1&theater#!/video/video.php?v=187815517943257&oid=185306138188155&comments

I have no idea what I am doing to this link...only part of it is showing blue.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:42 AM »

Directions to the gathering:

From Portland, take I-5 North 30 miles to Woodland, Washington, Take exit 21, follow tell it turns to Road 90. Continue on Road 90. (when it come to the intersection of hwy 25 and rd.90 stay to the right and continue on 90) Turn right right on Curly Creek Rd. Curly Creek becomes Forest Service Road 51. Tturn left on Meadow Creek Road. at the intersection of forest rd. 30 and 32 look for rock carens and welcome home.

We'll be at Skookum Meadow which is at 3,200 feet about sea level.

walk in is estimated to be about 3 miles from one source..but iam not 100% sure on the parking yet..Cougar Washington is closest town...be respectful to the locals..pick up garbage and no spanging please!!!!

This is all from the previously mentioned facebook page.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 12:25:12 AM »

This is Hope Johnston that also was missing from this gathering (same one).  She was found safe...but, have read nothing on what happened.  If anyone sees anywhere explaining...please let me know.  Thanks.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »

One of the last people to have been seen with Marie is a man named "Owl" not saying he is involved with her disappearance, but people are on the FB page of GR asking for him.  I did find this:
http://www.rainbowgatherings.org/profile/Owl82

This guy is from Boulder, CO it states and they believe Owl is from FL.  Who knows...I sent this to the family.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »

Are there a lot of people with the name Owl...is this common in RB?  Here is a story...mentions Owl...so I am not certain.

http://www.goddessheart.com/CR/CR_75.htm

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 01:42:37 PM »

The oddity is that her tent partner is confused on whether she slept in the tent the night she went missing.  How could he not know if she was in the tent?  Unless, of course, he did not sleep in the tent, however it is written in the article that he 'thinks' he saw her walking to the bathroom the next morning.

This makes me go hmmmm.... 

There is sometimes (not always and not with everyone) drug use at these gatherings.  Some of the heavier drugs can be of such high potency that they cause death or cause folks to do strange things because they are so high.  Additionally, she was already taking Rx medications so a mixture could be toxic.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

One of the last people to have been seen with Marie is a man named "Owl" not saying he is involved with her disappearance, but people are on the FB page of GR asking for him.  I did find this:
http://www.rainbowgatherings.org/profile/Owl82

This guy is from Boulder, CO it states and they believe Owl is from FL.  Who knows...I sent this to the family.

This isn't the Owl that is mentioned as one of the last people to be seen with Marie...I was sent this from the family:

Thank you Donna, the police have interviewed 'this Owl' and he was not at the gathering this year.
nancy

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.