April 24, 2024, 05:32:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William Abel 39 yo, Missing Since 5/17/14 Failed to Appear at Daughter's Wedding  (Read 7165 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/article_ebaa4eb2-e0a7-11e3-bf94-0019bb2963f4.html
NBPD seeking missing man
May 21, 2014

New Braunfels Police Department officials are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who recently went missing.
William Patrick Abel, 39, of Cibolo, was in town for his daughter’s Saturday wedding. But he left that day headed to Austin to pick up a gambling debt from someone only known as “Ray,” and hasn’t been seen since, NBPD Lt. Craig Christopherson said.
“He was supposed to be at the wedding that was here,” he said. “He never showed up. The wedding did happen.”

Abel stands about 5 feet, 11 inches tall, weighs about 210 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes, with tattoos on his right forearm, right shoulder and back.
He was last seen wearing a Green Bay Packers hat, a blue Duck Dynasty T-shirt, blue jean shorts, white socks and brown work boots, Christopherson said. He said Abel was driving a maroon, 2004 Chevrolet Silverado extended cab with a silver tool box, bearing Texas license plate BE-37645.
“There is reason to believe that missing person William Abel may have been in the Hillsboro area within the last few days,” Christopherson said.
He said according to Abel’s family he has no medical or mental issues and is not taking any prescription medications.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:56:26 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/home/New-Braunfels-police-searching-for-missing-person-260006431.html
New Braunfels police searching for missing person
May 20, 2014

Credit: Courtesy of NBPD
William Abel, 39 was reported missing on Saturday, May 17 after he did not show up for his daughter's wedding.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:00:16 PM »

http://kxan.com/2014/05/20/man-missing-after-drive-to-austin-to-collect-gambling-debt/
Man missing after drive to Austin to collect gambling debt
May 20, 2014

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (KXAN) – A man driving to Austin to collect a gambling debt on Friday has not been seen since, police say.

William P. Abel, 39, was reported missing after he did not show up for his daughter’s wedding in New Braunfels.

The day began with such promise and has now left the family concerned and confused. Leslie Schaffer describes her father as a great guy. He was supposed to walk her sister down the aisle and giver her away. However, it’s been four days and there’s no trace of him or his car. Abel made a call to the family saying he was on his way back, but never returned.
“Everybody is upset, angry, sad. We don’t know what to feel,” said Schaffer. “Like I said, he’s went away before, but he’s contacted at least one person, like his mother. But we’re just worried, because no one has heard from him.”

Police say he was reportedly meeting with a person, known only as ‘Ray,’ about a gambling debt.

Authorities believe Abel may have been in the Hillsboro area, about 140 miles north of Austin, within the last few days. They say at this time there’s no suspicion of foul play.

Several calls to his cellphone went straight to voicemail, according to police.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/missing-cibolo-man-dead-in-fatal-crash/nf6yc/
Officials: Missing Cibolo man killed in fatal crash
May 24, 2014

A man family members and New Braunfels police have been searching for for nearly a week died Friday in a fatal crash in West Texas, officials said.
William P. Abel, 39, died at the scene of a crash on Texas 137 after his 2004 Chevrolet Silverado hit a Peterbilt semi-truck head-on about 20 miles south of Big Lake around 2:30 p.m. Friday, an official with the Texas Department of Public Safety said.
Abel, a Cibolo resident, had been southbound on the highway when his truck crossed the center line while driving around a slight curve. The driver of the semi-truck was not injured, DPS said.
Police had been searching for Abel since May 17 after he failed to show up for his daughter’s wedding in New Braunfels. Officials thought Abel might have headed to Austin to collect a gambling debt or was possibly in the Hillsboro area.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 09:19:27 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/New-Braunfels-police-searching-for-missing-person-260006431.html
Missing Texas man killed in crash
May 24, 2014

CROCKETT COUNTY, Texas -- William Abel, a man reported missing last week, was killed in a car accident on Friday.
William Abel, 39, was reported missing after he did not show up for his daughter's wedding in New Braunfels on Saturday, May 17. Earlier in the day, New Braunfels police say he was heading to Austin to collect a gambling debt from a person named Ray.
DPS reported Abel was heading south on State Highway 137 in Crockett County, about 200 miles west of San Antonio on I-10, when he crashed his maroon 2004 Chevy Silverado. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 09:21:15 PM »

http://kxan.com/2014/05/24/missing-central-texas-man-killed-in-head-on-collision/
Man missing for six days killed in crash
May 24, 2014

CROCKETT COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) – A man reported missing last week, after family members believe he traveled to Austin, was killed in a head-on collision Friday afternoon.

William P. Abel, 39, was reported missing after he did not show up for his daughter’s wedding in New Braunfels. Police believed he was driving to Austin to collect a gambling debt on May 17, and that was the last time family members heard from him.

According to DPS, Abel was driving south on State Highway 137 about 20 miles south of Big Lake when he crashed his 2004 Chevrolet Silverado head-on into an 18-wheeler. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Leslie Schaffer described her father as a great guy. Abel was supposed to walk his daughter down the aisle and give her away on the day he went missing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »

So sad!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »

Very sad 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 10:45:49 PM »

So he left on the 17th, missed his daughters wedding on the 17th and was killed on the 23rd?  Why didn't he contact anyone?  Why did he miss the wedding?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »

So he left on the 17th, missed his daughters wedding on the 17th and was killed on the 23rd?  Why didn't he contact anyone?  Why did he miss the wedding?

Klaas...I was wondering the same thing! I had not followed this case and was trying to get it straight in my mind....I thought maybe he had died before the wedding and was not identified but that does jog seem the case. Very sad....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 01:24:43 AM »

So very sad, indeed, but     

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.