March 29, 2024, 04:25:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBYN GARDNER 35 YEARS OLD MISSING IN ARUBA SINCE AUGUST 2, 2011 #1  (Read 566942 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »

2010 posts about Baby Beach here:

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/please-careful-snorkeling-45917/

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »

http://boletinextra.com/index.php/polis/69-policial/10010-recherchenan-ta-detene-homber-sospecha-den-desaparicion-di-su-senora

Papiamentu translation:

recherchenan is detene man sospecha in desaparicion of his madam

friday, 05 august 2011 15:50 5 comments

autoridadnan trahando duro on the caso of the lady cu is perdi in lama cu not owing to encontra neither his paradero for of tuesday ultimo now owing to strike one buelta enough big. autoridadnan attentive owing to ricibi one tips cu he g.v.g. 50 year of merca where cu the is envolvi cu his madam robyn lynn garbner naci at merca 23 april 1976 owing to disparece in lama behind nanki at san nicolas together cu autoridadnan maritimo, helicopter, kust wacht, search & rescue of tuesday nightfall till night late y diaranzon morning till nightfall late was cu one buskeda masal now the storia owing to strike one buelta cu diabierna afternoon he g.v.g was cla for bay merca bek without worry cu his madam cu is perdi or is cla for bay cobra his seguro for achieve battalion of coin??? now autoridadnan tine deteni for one interogacion big y is one sospechoso of have algo of haber cu the desaparicion of his madam.

bumped for cartfly (re picture)
Thanks Texas! That is Giordano???? Why would a girl like that be with a <gag ewww> man like that?.....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bulletinboard/viewtopic.php?t=10639&sid=afc57b08e432e1ed14ae1677634a189e

lasagne

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Something I have not heard on boards....warning   
Hi folks:

Just returned from 9 glorious and perfect days in Aruba. One thing I want to share is something I have not heard and was not too aware of.

We spent the day with Madi the Arubian jeep tour operator. It was marvelous and she showed us the real Aruba. She has lived in Aruba all her life and I sat with her on the rocks at Natural Pool talking.

Anyway, she told me that more people (especially tourist ) die at Baby Beach more than any other beach in Aruba!

I was surprised by this. She told me that many Arubians wont go there. I asked her why so many drowings she said she did not know why but many times they find the dead with snorkel masks on!

PLEASE JUST BE AWARE AND CAREFUL

(more stories about drownings at Baby Beach at the link)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »

Great to see OS Painter posting...thanks OS!   

Great to see Mere as well.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »

http://boletinextra.com/index.php/polis/69-policial/10010-recherchenan-ta-detene-homber-sospecha-den-desaparicion-di-su-senora

Papiamentu translation:

recherchenan is detene man sospecha in desaparicion of his madam

friday, 05 august 2011 15:50 5 comments

autoridadnan trahando duro on the caso of the lady cu is perdi in lama cu not owing to encontra neither his paradero for of tuesday ultimo now owing to strike one buelta enough big. autoridadnan attentive owing to ricibi one tips cu he g.v.g. 50 year of merca where cu the is envolvi cu his madam robyn lynn garbner naci at merca 23 april 1976 owing to disparece in lama behind nanki at san nicolas together cu autoridadnan maritimo, helicopter, kust wacht, search & rescue of tuesday nightfall till night late y diaranzon morning till nightfall late was cu one buskeda masal now the storia owing to strike one buelta cu diabierna afternoon he g.v.g was cla for bay merca bek without worry cu his madam cu is perdi or is cla for bay cobra his seguro for achieve battalion of coin??? now autoridadnan tine deteni for one interogacion big y is one sospechoso of have algo of haber cu the desaparicion of his madam.

bumped for cartfly (re picture)
Thanks Texas! That is Giordano???? Why would a girl like that be with a <gag ewww> man like that?.....

Yes, that's him.  I had the same question.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2011, 09:15:39 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20516828,00.html

Robyn Gardner Goes Missing in Aruba
BY SARA HAMMEL

Tuesday August 09, 2011 08:00 PM EDT

Natalee Holloway (left) and Robyn Gardner
AP

A Maryland woman has vanished in Aruba after taking a snorkeling trip with a friend, MyFoxDC reports.

The disappearance of Robyn Gardner, 35, last week comes six years after Alabama teen Natalee Holloway vanished from the same resort town.

Police are questioning the man Gardner was with on the island, Gary Giordano of Frederick, Md., who reportedly told investigators the pair took a snorkeling trip – and that Gardner never returned to shore.

::snipping2::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552

Joe Lee

I interviewed Robyn for a job in Frederick the day before she said she was going to the beach for the weekend with a girlfriend. She also said she was not dating anyone. No reason for her to tell me any of this. So what's really going on?
38 minutes ago

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »

US woman missing in Aruba and travel partner held

BEN FOX | August 9, 2011 09:15 PM EST |

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — A U.S. woman has disappeared while vacationing in Aruba, and authorities said Tuesday that police detained her travel partner because his statements about the incident had raised questions.

Robyn Gardner, 35, of Frederick, Maryland, vanished after snorkeling with her companion off the western tip of the Caribbean island Aug. 2, said Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office. She said police immediately launched an extensive search of the water and shore but turned up nothing and Gardner is still listed as missing.

As the official search ended Saturday, the man who accompanied Gardner to the island sought to fly back to the U.S. but he was detained at the airport.

"Statements made by the traveling companion led to such questions that on Friday, Aug. 5, 2011, it was decided to detain him for further questioning on the possible drowning of the woman," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Authorities referred to the man only by his initials, but his lawyer identified him as Gary V. Giordano, 50.

Island officials declined to say what precisely led them to stop Giordano or to provide many details about the case.

The newspaper Aruba Today said Giordano was detained because he bought a ticket to leave the island after earlier agreeing to stay and help the missing woman's mother search for her and to cooperate with the investigation into her disappearance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110809/cb-aruba-missing-american/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/35229-om-investigacion-di-posible-hogamento-di-muher-mericano.html

Papiamentu translation:

om: investigacion of possible hogamento (drowning) of tourist mericano

tuesday, 09 august 2011 18:54 on 2 of august 2011

for more or less 18:23’or owing to enter one melding at 911 of one muher cu posiblemente owing to hoga. the compañe of viahe of the muher, he g.v.g., owing to declara cu they owing to bay snorkel together behind nanki country club y cu past owing to give his girlfriend at one dado instant one sign for swim back canto. also past owing to declara cu the muher not owing to arrive canto together cu ne y cu dus, aparentamente, past owing to stay slow in lama, so one comunicado of prensa of ministerio publico is indica. is deal of the muher mericano r.g. of 35 year of edad y he mericano g.v.g. of 50 year. not despite buskedanan acute during one pair of day of among another surveillance, recherche, police maritimo, kustwacht, search and rescue, divernan y voluntarionan of the duikschool jads y the usage of two helikopter, one plane y several boat, the muher not owing to wordo achieve till day of today neither at lama, neither at costa. the declaracionnan of the compañe of viahe tocante the incidente owing to arise tanto question cu owing to dicidi on diabierna 5 august 2011 for detene for scuche more far tocante the posible hogamento of the muher. actualmente recherche, bao guia of fiscal, is druk bezig cu the investigacion.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

Monkey Devil!

http://www.24ora.com/internacional-mainmenu-6/35225-nancy-grace-ta-bek.html

Papiamentu translation:

nancy grace is back!

tuesday, 09 august 2011 18:31

after of 6 year of not owing to hear mucho more of dje, after of desaparicion of one another tourist mericano at aruba, we island again is under atake pisa of the personalidad of television, nancy grace, in his declaration of policy at cnn headline news. the canal of televion is count ; cu more of 600 thousand televidente cu for we is much, but for merca is bit! according cable news ratings, the o'reilly factor of fox news is at cabes of the noticieronan at merca cu more sintonia cu 2.973 miyon televidente. nancy grace at headline news of cnn is come till at of 20 luga cu 689 thousand televidente.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2011, 10:39:19 PM »

http://arubaherald.com/local/760-investigation-into-the-possible-drowning-of-an-american-woman.html

Investigation into the possible drowning of an American woman         

Tuesday, 09 August 2011 18:57

On August 2, 2011 at about 6.23 PM (local time) 911 received notification of a possible drowning of a woman. The traveling companion of this woman, a man G.V.G. stated that they were going snorkeling behind Nanki Country Club and that at a given moment he had signaled his friend to swim back to the beach. He stated further that the woman had not reached the beach together with him and apparently had remained in the water.

The American woman in question is R.G, age 35, the man is indicated as G.V.G, age 50, also an American. In spite of intense searches during a number of days by amongst others the surveillance department and the detective department of the Aruban Police, the Aruban Maritime Police, the Coast Guard, Search and Rescue Divers and volunteer divers of Jads and the use of two helicopters, an airplane and several boats, until now the woman has not been found in sea or on the shore.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552

I'm not surprised.  They don't want to alarm the tourists. 

If Beth hadn't gone to Aruba, they would have tried to keep Natalee's disappearance quiet as well.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »

Gary Giordano places himself at the scene when Robyn Gardner went missing.

Janet

++++++

Another US woman missing in Aruba
Aug 9, 2011 11:02 PM EST

ARUBA (WIAT) -- There's another missing person's mystery in Aruba as a woman disappears while vacationing.  Now, her travel companion is being held by police.

His attorney issued a statement to the Associated Press saying his client is being held unjustly in the disappearance of a 35-year-old woman.

Gary Giordano reportedly told Aruban police that Robyn Gardner disappeared while the two were snorkeling.  His attorneys said that Giordano was told he was not a suspect and didn't have to stay in Aruba; however, police detained him at the airport before he could board a flight.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Another-US-woman-missing-in-Aruba/fZutTDvG80-9BMHQpnvNIA.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »

http://www.dailyamerican.com/news/sns-bc-cb--aruba--missingamerican,0,3941749.story

US woman missing on Aruba vacation; detained travel companion denies any involvement

This undated handout photo, released by the Natalee Holloway Resource Center on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2011, shows Robyn Gardner, 35, of Frederick, Maryland. The prosecutor's office in Aruba said Gardner has gone missing in the Caribbean island after she went snorkeling with travel partner Gary V. Giordano, 50, who was later detained by the police and is being investigated on suspicion of involvement in her disappearance. (AP Photo/Natalee Holloway Resource Center) (AP / August 9, 2011)

Associated Press

10:35 p.m. EDT, August 9, 2011

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A U.S. woman has disappeared while vacationing in Aruba, and authorities said Tuesday that police detained her travel partner because his statements about the incident had raised questions.

Robyn Gardner, 35, of Frederick, Maryland, vanished after snorkeling with her companion off the western tip of the Caribbean island Aug. 2, said Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office. She said police immediately launched an extensive search of the water and shore but turned up nothing and Gardner is still listed as missing.

As the official search ended Saturday, the man who accompanied Gardner to the island sought to fly back to the U.S. but he was detained at the airport.

"Statements made by the traveling companion led to such questions that on Friday, Aug. 5, 2011, it was decided to detain him for further questioning on the possible drowning of the woman," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Authorities referred to the man only by his initials, but his lawyer identified him as Gary V. Giordano, 50.

Island officials declined to say what precisely led them to stop Giordano or to provide many details about the case.

The newspaper Aruba Today said Giordano was detained because he bought a ticket to leave the island after earlier agreeing to stay and help the missing woman's mother search for her and to cooperate with the investigation into her disappearance.

Aruba has experience dealing with missing person cases following the still unsolved disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway during a high school class trip to the island in 2005. Her remains were never found and the main suspect, Joran van der Sloot, is in jail in Peru on charges of killing a 21-year-old woman last May.

Giordano's Aruban lawyer, Michael Lopez, said his client was being unjustly held.

"Our client emphatically denies being involved in any malicious act concerning his friend and consequently does not consider himself a suspect," Lopez said in a written statement provided to The Associated Press.

The two Americans had been in Aruba a couple of days when they decided to go snorkeling in the area known as Baby Beach, Lopez said. He said the pair eventually realized they were being pulled out to sea by the current and Giordano tapped on Gardner's leg to signal that they should swim back. When he got to shore, he noticed she wasn't with him and ran to get help after looking for her unsuccessfully in the water, the lawyer said.

Lopez said that in the following days, Giordano assisted with the search and answered questions from police. He said his client waited until the woman's mother arrived before he decided he should return to the U.S. Giordano says he was given permission to leave by an official at the U.S. consulate on the nearby island of Curacao, the lawyer said.

The U.S. vice consul, Winnie Hofstetter, declined to comment on the case.

Lopez said that after being detained, Giordano initially declined to cooperate further with prosecutors and police because he felt he was being wrongly detained.

"As judicial representative of our client we can say that after reading and analyzing everything there is until now in his case file, there is no concrete or direct indication that our client might be involved in any illicit act concerning his friend," Lopez said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2011, 11:50:24 PM »

Sorry, I just noticed that San posted that article earlier.  I don't know why it looked different when I read it.

Embarassed

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2011, 01:48:23 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/09/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

Another American Woman Disappears in Aruba

Aired August 9, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Bombshell tonight. Another American girl goes missing, Aruba. After Aruban police refuse to make a case against judge`s son Joran Van Der Sloot in the disappearance of Alabama girl Natalee Holloway, Maryland tourist Robyn Gardner disappears without a trace from the very same resort town as Natalee Holloway.

Tonight, where is American tourist Robyn Gardner?

GRACE: Let`s go straight to Aruba. Joining us tonight, the CEO of "Aruba Herald." It is Mark Benson Denz. Thank you very much for being with us. What are you hearing from Aruban authorities about the missing American girl?

MARK BENSON DENZ, CEO, ARUBA HERALD (via telephone): Good evening, Nancy, and to your other guests. Well, we have spoken a few minutes ago with the prosecutors here in Aruba. And as you said, there`s not much new information that they are willing to disclose at this time. What we do know is that they have put together a special task force of the police headed by one of the chief of the policemen and are working day and night to find a solution to see exactly what has happened to Robyn.

GRACE: Back to Mark Benson Denz joining us, the CEO from "The Aruba Herald." I`m just very curious if -- has any evidence seized? Do we know anything about what police are actually doing to find the girl? What -- are they searching right now? What are they doing to find Robyn?

DENZ: Correct. Well, immediately after Robyn was reported missing that Tuesday afternoon at around 6:00 o`clock, we know that the Dutch coast guard together with the local search and rescue organization and the local police, as well as on land and also in sea, started to search. But after about 11:00 o`clock at night, it was very dark, so it didn`t make any sense to really continue the search.

And the next morning at 6:00 o`clock, they continued to do the search. Even the minister of justice was present to make sure that everything possible was being done in order to search for this person that has been reported missing.

GRACE: Well, Mark -- Mark, are they still searching for her? Or have they called off the search?

DENZ: No, there are still search going on, specifically more from the water, on the water side.

GRACE: That`s a good point, Michael. Back to Mark Benson Denz with "The Aruba Herald." Mark, again, thank you for joining us -- Mark joining us tonight from Aruba. Mark, have police been able to narrow down that they were, in fact, actually snorkeling? Have they been able to determine where they rented their snorkel gear from?

DENZ: OK, I have to explain something. They were seen, it has been confirmed -- there are people that have testified that they have seen these two people together at the Baby Beach. But Baby Beach is not the exact area. It`s close by. It`s about six to seven minutes walk from the area where they actually went to snorkel, which is behind 90 (ph) Nanki Concrete (ph) Country Club.

And it`s a bit of an abandoned place. There are a company that rents out gear for snorkeling and also diving. We have not received the information from the police if they have rented snorkeling gear because snorkeling gear is actually pretty easy to just buy at a store and just use. So we do not have that information.

But the Baby Beach, where a lot of people traffic with their children and go to the beach, is a very populated area, and there they have confirmed to see them together. But we did not receive information -- the police did not want to release information if they have seen them actually snorkeling at the 90 Nanki Concrete Beach Club area, where the mister (ph) who has been detained is saying that they were snorkeling.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2011, 02:04:13 AM »

In this older article I noticed this

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/32322-a-salba-bida-di-un-landado-na-baby-beach.html

A salba bida di un landado na Baby Beach      
Thursday, 02 June 2011 21:49

one man owing to achieve problem in lama behind rum reef (ex nanki country club or esso club) y one good samaritano, mr. sjoerd owing to bay in accion y owing to enter water come cu the victima ground.

So is there a Naki Country Club? or is it now the Rum Reef Bar and Grill? 

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/rum-reef-aruba/

Rum Reef Aruba

Rum Reef Aruba is located where the old Esso club used to be between Baby and Rodgers Beaches, at the southern tip of the island.

JADS dive shop is adjacent to the place, too. Here you can launch diving adventure, get snorkle equipment, and check in with the professionals who know what they’re doing.

And found this reference too...

http://arubalibre.arubaeloquent.com/
Unfortunately, instead of staging the main events in the area of Boca Grande Beach and the escarpments of the Grapefields, or the area of Baby Beach, or in back of, or in front of the former Nanki Club of the old Lago/Esso refinery,  the choice was made to situate the venue in the San Nicholas Stadium.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2011, 02:06:50 AM »

I see a typo... 

So is there a NakiNanki Country Club? or is it now the Rum Reef Bar and Grill? 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:34 AM »

U.S. Man in Aruba Says He is Not Guilty
Man's lawyer says he did not have anything to do with vaction mate's disappearance.
The Associated Press

Lopez says in a statement Tuesday to The Associated Press that Gary V. Giordano has told Aruban police that the woman disappeared in strong ocean currents while they were snorkeling.

http://www.wfls.com/News/FLS/2011/082011/08092011/1312935275
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2011, 02:19:01 AM »

Search continues for missing woman: Man held in Aruba in connection with disappearance

Gary Giordano, 50, was arrested Friday at the airport as he was preparing to leave Aruba, said Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the Aruban prosecutor's office.

Angela said Giordano, whose last known address is in Gaithersburg, appeared Monday before a judge, who ordered that he be held for eight more days. In Aruba, a judge must rule on the legality of a person's detention at set intervals, which can increase at different stages of detention, Angela said.

Angela said authorities launched an extensive search after Gardner was reported missing, but that so far no clues as to her whereabouts have emerged. That search ended Saturday, but officials are still actively looking for Gardner, Angela said.

According to Maryland Judiciary Case Search, a protective order was filed against Giordano in Montgomery County in February 2010. Giordano attempted unsuccessfully to have the order -- which expired in October 2010 -- rescinded.

A man who said Gardner had been staying almost exclusively at his Bethesda home since January -- although she maintains an address in downtown Frederick -- said he does not believe Gardner was snorkeling when she disappeared.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyID=124684
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.