March 28, 2024, 05:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBYN GARDNER 35 YEARS OLD MISSING IN ARUBA SINCE AUGUST 2, 2011 #1  (Read 566789 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »

Hey monkeys. I just saw this thread this morning. I haven't even heard of this. I guess it just hit the news over the past couple of days? I started from the beginning but let me get this straight... Robyn has a bf, a steady boyfriend, but she's also on dating sites picking guys up? She had a job interview right before she left for Aruba with a guy she met some time ago on match.com, but lied to the guy that interviewed her by saying she was going away with girlfriends and also that she doesn't have a boyfriend. But Richard Forrester really wants her back home & they supposedly love each other? He loves her & wants her back even though she obviously lied about having a boyfriend & she was apparently cheating on him with Gary Giordano that she met on an online dating site? Sorry, chicks don't play different hands like this unless they're counting cards. Gary has a skeptical past but he could very well be telling the truth. It's so odd to me that Forrester wants her back even though she was in dating sites, lied about having a boyfriend, went to Aruba with a guy that used his points to get her there...who knows how long she's been sleeping with both...but Forrester is pointing the finger at Giordano? That area is bad for the current. That specific beach is close to the stream that could sink ships if people don't know what they're doing.

Maybe Giordano really does have something to do with Robyn's disappearance...but maybe, just maybe, the media is latching into the Natalee Holloway comparison to capitalize on her disappearance since it's slow Casey Anthony days. I mean, I sorta find it odd that they didn't cover the other drienings & disappearances from that beach area but since Robyn looks a little like Natalee they make a comparison to the crime?

Pretty much sums things up.  Add to it Arooba said nothing for over a week after they knew Robyn was missing, have called off the search now because there are no clues, and it would neve have hit the news had the BF not contacted Beth who is helping to get the story on the MSM.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »

Search for Woman Missing in Aruba Echoes Natalee Holloway Case

::snipping2::

The Aruba Herald reported that Giordano and Gardner met on an online dating website and had been seeing each other regularly for weeks.

Another man, Richard Forester, identified himself as Gardner's boyfriend. He told AP that he had thought the relationship between Giordano and Gardner was platonic. But Forester now has his doubts about what was going on. “I'm starting to believe there was some romantic thing,” Forester said. (via AP)

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/08/10/search-for-woman-missing-in-aruba-echoes-natalee-holloway-case/

Uh... Duh...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »

Revealed: 'Violent past' of man held over disappearance of American tourist in Aruba

The 50-year-old man arrested over the disappearance of an American tourist in Aruba has a criminal record and a history of domestic violence, it emerged today.

Gary Giordano was detained by police while trying to leave the island after Robyn Gardner went missing.

He was divorced from his ex-wife in 2008 'amid allegations of domestic violence' during which she obtained a restraining order, according to court reports.

At least one other woman sought a similar order against him, Gawker reported.

Giordano 'emphatically denies' any involvement in Ms Gardener's disappearance and has told police she vanished in strong currents while she was snorkelling.

But an Aruba prosecutor's office spokesamn said the waters at Baby Beach, where Giordano said the pair had been, were 'calm and gentle'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024306/Robyn-Gardner-missing-Aruban-resort-town-6-years-Natalee-Holloway-vanished.html
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »

Hey monkeys. I just saw this thread this morning. I haven't even heard of this. I guess it just hit the news over the past couple of days? I started from the beginning but let me get this straight... Robyn has a bf, a steady boyfriend, but she's also on dating sites picking guys up? She had a job interview right before she left for Aruba with a guy she met some time ago on match.com, but lied to the guy that interviewed her by saying she was going away with girlfriends and also that she doesn't have a boyfriend. But Richard Forrester really wants her back home & they supposedly love each other? He loves her & wants her back even though she obviously lied about having a boyfriend & she was apparently cheating on him with Gary Giordano that she met on an online dating site? Sorry, chicks don't play different hands like this unless they're counting cards. Gary has a skeptical past but he could very well be telling the truth. It's so odd to me that Forrester wants her back even though she was in dating sites, lied about having a boyfriend, went to Aruba with a guy that used his points to get her there...who knows how long she's been sleeping with both...but Forrester is pointing the finger at Giordano? That area is bad for the current. That specific beach is close to the stream that could sink ships if people don't know what they're doing.

Maybe Giordano really does have something to do with Robyn's disappearance...but maybe, just maybe, the media is latching into the Natalee Holloway comparison to capitalize on her disappearance since it's slow Casey Anthony days. I mean, I sorta find it odd that they didn't cover the other drienings & disappearances from that beach area but since Robyn looks a little like Natalee they make a comparison to the crime?

Pretty much sums things up.  Add to it Arooba said nothing for over a week after they knew Robyn was missing, have called off the search now because there are no clues, and it would neve have hit the news had the BF not contacted Beth who is helping to get the story on the MSM.

Rose, I'll never in my life go to Aruba again. Ever. We haven't been since the year before Natalee's disappearance. I despise their crooked judicial system. I'll never trust them to protect my family's safety again.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »

just when Aruba,thinks o.k. now that jslut is gone,we can get back to norm biz,
and what ya know another missing woman,in thier not so wonderful vayk country

was Giordano from Aruba,or Gardner and Giordano, just agree to vac there together

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »

More questions for US man in Aruba disappearance
BEN FOX, Associated Press
Updated 11:09 a.m., Wednesday, August 10, 2011

<snipped>

Gardner, a 5-foot-5-inch blonde with prominent tattoos on her arm, rib cage and right bicep, had worked in the past as a patient care coordinator at a dental office in Bethesda, Maryland, said Richard A. Forester, who said he was her boyfriend.

Forester said Gardner lived much of the time with him in Rockville, Maryland and had said that she and Giordano were platonic friends. The pair were scheduled to spend about five days in Aruba, Forester said.

"I'm starting to believe that's not true," Forester said in a phone interview. "I'm starting to believe there was some romantic thing."

Forester said he and Gardner had been in contact through Facebook until just before she disappeared. After she vanished, her Google Chat indicators showed she was active on Gmail, then on but not active, and finally off, he said. It seemed to indicate that she or someone else had been on her Gmail account, he said.

<snipped>

http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/More-questions-for-US-man-in-Aruba-disappearance-1793892.php

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »

Robyn Gardner's Boyfriend Says Disappearance Story Doesn't Add Up

Forrester says in spite of their relationship, Gardner was less than truthful about Giordano.

"I didn't know who he was. I just knew that he was a friend," he says. "I was under the impression that he was a homosexual friend, and now I believe that's not true."

http://wamu.org/news/11/08/10/robyn_gardners_boyfriend_says_disappearance_story_doesnt_add_up.php

This statement bugs me, because I know that I read a statement that Forrester made regarding who Gardner was going to Aruba with...he said that she was going with a girlfriend...so now he says a homosexual friend.  Why didn't Forrester just say she was going with a friend?  Let me go and see if I can find that statement (maybe I am wrong)

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2011, 11:56:41 AM »

just when Aruba,thinks o.k. now that jslut is gone,we can get back to norm biz,
and what ya know another missing woman,in thier not so wonderful vayk country

was Giordano from Aruba,or Gardner and Giordano, just agree to vac there together

TY Tamikosmom
from
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=11942.msg1459927#msg1459927
Forester said Gardner lived much of the time with him in Rockville, Maryland and had said that she and Giordano were platonic friends. The pair were scheduled to spend about five days in Aruba, Forester said.
http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/More-questions-for-US-man-in-Aruba-disappearance-1793892.php

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2011, 12:02:37 PM »

Robyn Gardner's Boyfriend Says Disappearance Story Doesn't Add Up

Forrester says in spite of their relationship, Gardner was less than truthful about Giordano.

"I didn't know who he was. I just knew that he was a friend," he says. "I was under the impression that he was a homosexual friend, and now I believe that's not true."

http://wamu.org/news/11/08/10/robyn_gardners_boyfriend_says_disappearance_story_doesnt_add_up.php

This statement bugs me, because I know that I read a statement that Forrester made regarding who Gardner was going to Aruba with...he said that she was going with a girlfriend...so now he says a homosexual friend.  Why didn't Forrester just say she was going with a friend?  Let me go and see if I can find that statement (maybe I am wrong)

Looking back...maybe he did say friend.  I believe it was someone else that mentions girlfriend.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »

Forester, who has been Gardner's boyfriend for the last two and a half years, told ABCNews.com that she went to Aruba with Giordano without telling him.

"She told me she was going away on a family trip," Forester said.
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »

The pair had been snorkeling off an area known as Baby Beach. Giordano says he noticed that they were being pulled out to sea by the current, so he tapped on Robyn's leg to let her know they should head back to shore.

But when Giordano arrived on land, he noticed that Robyn was no longer with him.

Yet Robyn's roommate, Christina Jones, says police told her that Giordano's clothes were dry by the time he reported her missing. Loved ones usually don't take time to change when their girlfriends may be drowning.

Police also say the waters off Baby Beach were "calm and gentle" that day.

Some reports indicate that Giordano and Robyn met on an internet dating site, even though Robyn was already dating someone else. They'd been dating for a few weeks when Giordano bought tickets for the pair to vacation in Aruba.

Robyn had recently been laid off from the dental clinic where she worked, so she decided to spend a little time abroad. But that didn't please her boyfriend, Richard Forester. He says they argued about the trip before she left.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »

Forester, who has been Gardner's boyfriend for the last two and a half years, told ABCNews.com that she went to Aruba with Giordano without telling him.

"She told me she was going away on a family trip," Forester said.

Oh, well that IS different than his thinking that she went with a homosexual friend.  Hmmmm....why is HE changing his story?  Or is it just reported wrong?

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »

I'm seeing different different statements - whether the media is misquoting, I don't know, but Forrester also elaborated after he made the statement regarding how he questioned that she would go snorkeling because she was concerned about hair and makeup, he added that she probably would have had a couple of drinks by then (meaning 6PM) and would be getting ready to go out for the night at that time - Trying to find that article now...
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »

Just throwing this out there...surely Forester and Giordano have no connections.  I mean you never know. Giordano could have been planted on Match if Forester was suspicious.  Only a theory...not saying I buy it.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »

http://gawker.com/5829414/%7CcommentLink%7C

And Forester says she never would have gone on such an evening swim:

"I just don't think she was snorkeling...We went on vacations and I couldn't even get her to put her head under water in the pool. She was into makeup and hair, and knowing her she would have had a few cocktails already and would only be getting ready to go out that night."
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2011, 12:33:03 PM »

Giordano was divorced from his ex-wife in 2008 "amid allegations of domestic violence," during which she obtained a restraining order, according to court records. At least one other woman sought a similar order of protection against him. He also had several arrests on his record for thefts under $500. Giordano "emphatically denies" any wrongdoing, according to a statement issued by his lawyer.

I knew about the domestic violence charges, but now theft - shady character -
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »

First thing I noticed regarding the pics of this guy was the bathing suit looked dry, but I figured maybe it was a while before pic was taken, but now reports that it was dry when police saw him - Was he given a breathalyzer? - Was he drunk? - I've been traveling to Aruba for 15 years, Baby Beach does have a strong current once you go out a bit, but snorkeling at 6PM? anywhere really is not a good idea, especially since many people won't be there at that time (safety in numbers?) and snorkeling if you're drinking, really not a good idea , so I would be curious if he was intoxicated - also did he have snorkeling equipment on him? - did they take a cab to Baby Beach? arrange to have one pick them up at any time? - did they have a rental car? - how did they get there from Renaissance?  where were they just before?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2011/08/aruba-tourism-authority-on-the-mysterious-death-of-another-american-/414565/1

Aruba Tourism Authority on the mysterious death of another American
By Kitty Bean Yancey, USA TODAY

Does this give Aruba another tourist black eye? Many Americans were irate when U.S. teen Natalee Holloway disappeared on a school trip in May 2005 and then allegedly died after apparently going to a lonely beach with local Joran Van der Sloot and his friends after a night of clubbing. Some even boycotted the island, though it is known as being generally peaceful.

Robert Einhorn, a U.S. publicity representative for the Aruba Tourism Authority, said today that as Gardner's disappearance does not appear to be "a tourism situation, we are not commenting." He said North American visitation was up 1.48% last year from 2009, and that in July 2011, Aruba reported 50,558 U.S. visitors, up 6.5% since July 2010.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »

According to Boyfriend

Creepy Travel Companion Held in Aruba Vanishing Case
Aug 10, 2011 3:46 AM

Gardner had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend of two-and-a-half years, Richard Forester, before leaving with Giordano, but had been in contact with him via text and email until the day of her disappearance.

<snipped>

And Forester says she never would have gone on such an evening swim:

"I just don't think she was snorkeling...We went on vacations and I couldn't even get her to put her head under water in the pool. She was into makeup and hair, and knowing her she would have had a few cocktails already and would only be getting ready to go out that night."

http://gawker.com/5829414/%7CcommentLink%7C

According to Younger Brother

Md. man faces more questions in woman's disappearance in Aruba
August 10, 2011

Gardner's younger brother, Andrew Colson, said Giordano seemed too calm when his mother came to Aruba to help find her daughter.

"He didn't seem very sorrowful. He wasn't mournful or anything," Colson told The Associated Press in a phone interview from Odenton, Md.

Colson, who last saw his sister in May, said Aruban authorities asked them not to discuss the case in detail, but that they do not believe Giordano's account of what happened. He said she was unlikely to have been snorkeling in the first place.

"I think there's more to it," he said. "She just wouldn't want to ruin her makeup or get her hair wet."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44090650/ns/world_news-americas/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

Statement from the Aruban Prosecutor

Aruba Tourism Authority on the mysterious death of another American
August 10, 2011

<snipped>

An Aug. 9 Aruba prosecutor's statement was forwarded to USA TODAY. Here it is:

"On August 2, 2011 at about 6.23 PM (local time) 911 received notification of a possible drowning of a woman. The traveling companion of this woman, a man G.V.G. stated that they were going snorkeling behind Nanki Country Club and that at a given moment he had signaled his friend to swim back to the beach. He stated further that the woman had not reached the beach together with him and apparently had remained in the water.

The American woman in question is R.G, age 35, the man is indicated as G.V.G, age 50, also an American.

In spite of intense searches during a number of days by amongst others the surveillance department and the detective department of the Aruban Police, the Aruban Maritime Police, the Coast Guard, Search and Rescue Divers and volunteer divers of Jads and the use of two helicopters, an airplane and several boats, until now the woman has not been found in sea or on the shore.

The statements made by the traveling companion led to such questions that on Friday, August 5, 2011 it was decided to detain him for further questioning on the possible drowning of the woman."

<snipped>

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2011/08/aruba-tourism-authority-on-the-mysterious-death-of-another-american-/414565/1

+++++

Natalee Holloway Resouce Center
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Facebook:
Natalee Holloway Resource Center
http://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing

Help Find Robyn Colson - Gardner : Missing in Aruba
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552?sk=wall

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.