April 18, 2024, 04:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBYN GARDNER 35 YEARS OLD MISSING IN ARUBA SINCE AUGUST 2, 2011 #1  (Read 568907 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »

Could it be that Robyn Gardner's mother put pressure on Aruba to detain Giordano rather than allowing him to return to the States?

Could it be that invaluabl  advice was afforded that implied there could possibly be issues related to jurisdiction/extradiction if further questioning was required if Giordano left the Island?

+++++

Permission to Leave

Md. man faces more questions in woman's disappearance in Aruba
August 10, 2011
[/b]

Giordano's Aruban lawyer, Michael Lopez, said his client was being unjustly held.

<snipped>

Lopez said that in the following days, Giordano assisted with the search and answered questions from police. He said his client waited until the woman's mother arrived before he decided he should return to the U.S.  Giordano says he was given permission to leave by an official at the U.S. consulate on the nearby island of Curacao, the lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44090650/ns/world_news-americas/

Further Questioning

Aruba Tourism Authority on the mysterious death of another American
August 10, 2011

<snipped>

An Aug. 9 Aruba prosecutor's statement was forwarded to USA TODAY. Here it is:

" ... The statements made by the traveling companion led to such questions that on Friday, August 5, 2011 it was decided to detain him for further questioning on the possible drowning of the woman."

<snipped>

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2011/08/aruba-tourism-authority-on-the-mysterious-death-of-another-american-/414565/1

Jurisdiction and Extradition!!

NANCY GRACE
Judge Dismisses Holloway Suit
Aired August 11, 2006 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER:  ...And you know -- and being dismissed in New York, it was on a procedure ruling.  Here again, jurisdiction.  We have faced that issue since May 30 of 2005.  Jurisdiction and extradition hve hit us in the face every time.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0608/11/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

Over six years later ... Beth Holloway continues to be Aruba's worst nightmare.  With Natalee Holloway's mother in the background affording advice to the mother of Robyn Gardner ... justice has a chance of prevailing.  Aruba realizes that the world is watching.

++++++

Missing in Aruba Suspect's Lawyer Says 'There's No Proof'
Aug. 10, 2011

<snipped>

Natalee Holloway's Mom Gets Involved

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center, a foundation started after Holloway's disappearance, has been offering help to Gardner's boyfriend, Richard Forester.

"It strikes a chord close to home because that's where my nightmare began, the day I got the call in 2005," Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee, told ABC News. "We want to be a first responder to these families, we want to be there to help them. "

<snipped>

Beth Holloway knows the dread Gardner's family must be feeling and had advice for them.

"I think about just the devastating, unimaginable nightmare ahead," Holloway said. "Being in a foreign destination is the most incomprehensible [situation], the language barriers, the foreign government. All of the documents are in Dutch, it's Dutch law, and there's not a homeland connection during the process."

Holloway encouraged the family to ask Aruba to involve the FBI, she said.

"There's a protocol you have to follow. The FBI doesn't have jurisdiction in foreign places, but the family can send a plea to the government to ask them to invite the FBI to be involved. It's one of the first steps I took early on, because it's comforting to have the victim's homeland law enforcement working on the case," Holloway said.

Holloway said she hopes that Gardner's family will keep up the search efforts for their daughter.

"I'd say continue the search, keep passing out fliers and passing information—tips, sources—onto the law enforcement officials there. I would encourage them to accept all media invitations. There are positive steps to finding the loved one," Holloway said.

Though her own daughter was not found and no one was ever found guilty of killing her, Holloway said she hopes for different outcomes for Gardner's case.

"I hope that she is found safe and sound and comes home, but if she isn't, I hope the perpetrator is brought to justice," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-missing-aruba-natalee-holloways-mother/story?id=14271819
______

Natalee Holloway Resouce Center
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Facebook:
Natalee Holloway Resource Center
http://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing

Help Find Robyn Colson - Gardner : Missing in Aruba
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552?sk=wall

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »

Colson, who last saw his sister in May, said Aruban authorities asked them not to discuss the case in detail, but that they do not believe Giordano's account of what happened. He said she was unlikely to have been snorkeling in the first place.

That's what I find hard to believe.  Even though the beach area of Baby Beach is calm, once you go out a bit it is rough and has a strong current and 6pm is not a time to snorkel, not at this out of the way area, maybe in front of your beach hotel close to shore for a little while, but the sun is going down - Baby Beach is a daytime excursion - the times I've been there everyone is leaving at 5, 6pm -

Also, she posted to facebook at around 2am on 8/2 and he claims she went missing later after 6pm after snorkeling, so beside Giordano, when was the last time anyone saw or heard from her - Is he telling the truth or did something happen right after 2am, maybe after he saw her post to facebook, "This sucks"
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:32 PM »

Beth Holloway will be Nancy Grace's guest this evening.

Janet

+++++

Missing in Aruba Suspect's Lawyer Says 'There's No Proof'
Aug. 10, 2011

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center, a foundation started after Holloway's disappearance, has been offering help to Gardner's boyfriend, Richard Forester.

<snipped>

Video:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-missing-aruba-natalee-holloways-mother/story?id=14271819

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/10/another-american-beauty-missing-in-aruba/?hpt=ng_mid

(video)

August 10, 2011
07:46 AM ET

Another American Beauty Missing in Aruba

CNN

Tonight we have #NataleeHolloway mom Beth Holloway to talk about another young woman's disappearance in #Aruba.

(the video is at least a portion of last night's show)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »

Missing in Aruba Suspect's Lawyer Says 'There's No Proof

Robyn Gardner, 35, of Frederick, Md. is shown in this file photo. (Natalee Holloway Resource Center/AP Photo)

By COLLEEN CURRY and ANDREA CANNING (@andreacanGMA)

Aug. 10, 2011

The attorney for a man being held in Aruba for the disappearance at sea of Robyn Gardner claimed today that there is no evidence that his client committed murder.

::snipping2::

Maryland court documents show that a Gary Giordano there has a criminal record, including two orders of protection taken out by women that claimed he was violent. One was taken out by his ex-wife during their divorce procedings.

Two women who say they dated Giordano told "Good Morning America" he was terrifying, and another woman said Giordano stalked her.

"He was like following me, stalking me, and it freaked me out," said the woman, who wished to remain anonymous.

Beth Holloway knows the dread Gardner's family must be feeling and had advice for them.

"I think about just the devastating, unimaginable nightmare ahead," Holloway said. "Being in a foreign destination is the most incomprehensible [situation], the language barriers, the foreign government. All of the documents are in Dutch, it's Dutch law, and there's not a homeland connection during the process."

Holloway encouraged the family to ask Aruba to involve the FBI, she said.

"There's a protocol you have to follow. The FBI doesn't have jurisdiction in foreign places, but the family can send a plea to the government to ask them to invite the FBI to be involved. It's one of the first steps I took early on, because it's comforting to have the victim's homeland law enforcement working on the case," Holloway said.

Holloway said she hopes that Gardner's family will keep up the search efforts for their daughter.

"I'd say continue the search, keep passing out fliers and passing information—tips, sources—onto the law enforcement officials there. I would encourage them to accept all media invitations. There are positive steps to finding the loved one," Holloway said.

Though her own daughter was not found and no one was ever found guilty of killing her, Holloway said she hopes for different outcomes for Gardner's case.

"I hope that she is found safe and sound and comes home, but if she isn't, I hope the perpetrator is brought to justice," she said.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/10/earlyshow/main20090530.shtml

August 10, 2011 9:32 AM

Missing Md. woman's companion in Aruba detained

Robyn Gardner (Flickr/Personal Photo)

Beth Holloway told CBS News, "You are pretty much at the mercy of the foreign destination's law enforcement to decide when to give you the information, if to give you information. It's very frustrating. It's very frightening."

But more than a week after her disappearance, all the family can do is hope that Robyn Gardner doesn't become the next Natalee Holloway.

Natalee Holloway, from Alabama, disappeared during a high school class trip to the island in 2005. Her remains were never found, and the main person of interest in the case, Joran van der Sloot, is in prison in Peru on charges of killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores last May. Van der Sloot is a Dutch national who lived on Aruba at the time Natalee Holloway disappeared.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2011, 06:05:28 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/35244-abogado-mr-lopez-y-su-cliente-no-a-spera-cu-e-caso-lo-por-a-complica-asina.html

Papiamentu translation:

advocate mr. lopez y his cliente not owing to wait for cu the caso will can owing to complica so

tuesday, 09 august 2011 23:27

the sospechoso gary giordano is feel his self inocente. we owing to combersa amplio cu the advocate of gary giordano, mr. michael lopez. as is conoci giordano is bao sospecha of homicidio contra the person muher mericano, robyn gardner, cu at the momentonan here is desapareci. the advocate owing to declara cu giordano owing to give one declaracion extenso at police on diabierna y they owing to ask about police if the have to stay one pair of day more at aruba, for change his vuelo.

police not owing to contesta nothing, y nightfall at instant cu his cliente was for lever plane for go back merca, they owing to detene because; sospechoso. giordano cu his girlfriend owing to come happen one pair of day of vacacion at aruba y on they first day akinan they owing to bay core rond at baby beach, cu intencion of go snorkel. his day next they owing to bay back but was one bit late afternoon, y after of come they owing to bay snorkel y is instant cu the child muher owing to disparce. advocate mr. lopez owing to tell cu at once he owing to beat alarma, past owing to ask person for yude y eynan the investigacion owing to cuminza. the pareha owing to conoce another one pair of year happen, in one “dating site” is thing the advocate have entendi, y they owing to follow cu amistad, yamando another at telephone much, y because; two trip for month they're come across another.

advocate lopez owing to agrega cu his cliente is divorcia y have child, y the have indicacion cu the child muher was casa, but of dje the not have more informacion. his cliente is deteni for sospecha of asesinato, although not have curpa, y this according mr. lopez the not can compronde. past owing to splica also cu fiscal have diez day for haci his investigacion, y the is wait for cu in the lapso here “any time” the can tell his cliente cu the can bay cas. advocate lopez self not owing to achieve the declaracion of his cliente still, but the have entendi cu the not owing to change locual past owing to tell first only owing to bay more in detaye.

giordano owing to talk cu the parents of the child muher y did take contacto cu viceconsul mericano, for if the have to of his aid, y owing to bise cu the is stay akinan one pair of day more. tocante the supuesto seguro cu is wordo talk of dje, advocate mr. lopez owing to aclarea cu is deal of one seguro of viahe cu his cliente is custumbra of pay cada bez cu the is viaha y esey is algo very normal self. past owing to menciona besides cu his cliente owing to bay fast fiscal end, but his detencion owing to being prolonga cu eight day more. sr. giordano is feel his self much fastioso, the advocate owing to agrega, because the is declara his self inocente y locual the wanted is arrive his cas. besides cu his cliente is miss of his girlfriend, the is angry because the not owing to think cu the cosnan is bay so here, while cu past owing to coopera cu husticia completamente. advocate mr. lopez niether can owing to wait for cu the procedura can owing to bay at the as here.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »

We have learned disturbing new details about Gary Giordano's past. He lives in Darnestown. His place was searched last year during an investigation of allegations of rape, assault and secret videotaping. The cases involved two other women that never went to trial.

At Gary Girodano's house, a security camera on the roof keeps watch and there's a warning at the door telling all visitors that they will be video and audio recorded at all times, while visiting the property.

Giordano's apparent interest in videotaping everything is at the root of an application for a search warrant by a special investigator for Montogomery County's State's attorney signed by a judge May 5, 2010

According to the application, the warrant was being sought in the wake of Giordano's arrest on April 22, 2010 after a woman accused him of hitting and choking her during consensual sex in the home.

In fact, investigators had a video of the entire attack. According to the application, the victim "was struck several times in the head, face buttocks and legs." She was also "digitally choked and subjected to manual strangulation during the event."

http://wusa9.com/news/article/162086/373/Details-Surface-About-Missing-Womans-Traveling-Partner
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

August 10, 2011

Front Page and Page 4

FRONT PAGE

Papiamentu translation:

ALL THE CIRCUS OF PRENSA INTERNACIONAL IS RIPITI ENTRANTE TODAY

PAGE 4

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »

If no one saw her after 2am on 8/2, I'm really starting to wonder if he did something to her at that time - She posted around that time "This sucks" so perhaps this vacation was then turning sour, whatever happened to her perhaps happened in those early morning hours and Giordano waited until 6pm to report her missing After he got rid of her body - gruesome to think, but she has now been missing over a week and no body has been found, which would suggest that maybe she has been deliberately hidden -
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »

We have learned disturbing new details about Gary Giordano's past. He lives in Darnestown. His place was searched last year during an investigation of allegations of rape, assault and secret videotaping. The cases involved two other women that never went to trial.

At Gary Girodano's house, a security camera on the roof keeps watch and there's a warning at the door telling all visitors that they will be video and audio recorded at all times, while visiting the property.

Giordano's apparent interest in videotaping everything is at the root of an application for a search warrant by a special investigator for Montogomery County's State's attorney signed by a judge May 5, 2010

According to the application, the warrant was being sought in the wake of Giordano's arrest on April 22, 2010 after a woman accused him of hitting and choking her during consensual sex in the home.

In fact, investigators had a video of the entire attack. According to the application, the victim "was struck several times in the head, face buttocks and legs." She was also "digitally choked and subjected to manual strangulation during the event."

http://wusa9.com/news/article/162086/373/Details-Surface-About-Missing-Womans-Traveling-Partner

Sickening...   

I did notice when I was looking at court records that when his wife filed domestic violence charges on him, he filed them on her too!  But the case he filed didn't proceed.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »

If no one saw her after 2am on 8/2, I'm really starting to wonder if he did something to her at that time - She posted around that time "This sucks" so perhaps this vacation was then turning sour, whatever happened to her perhaps happened in those early morning hours and Giordano waited until 6pm to report her missing After he got rid of her body - gruesome to think, but she has now been missing over a week and no body has been found, which would suggest that maybe she has been deliberately hidden -

Possible, there are witnesses that saw them at Baby Beach; but I also remember reading that they'd gone there one day and were going to go back and snorkel another day.

Maybe that was him making sure they were seen in the area together?

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2011, 06:55:34 PM »

Again, did this guy have a rental car?  I'm really starting to think based on his priors, that he did something to her, Again, early in the morning 8/2 and got rid of her body, not calling the police until 6pm - but he would need something to transport her -  I'm starting to think he just said they were at Baby Beach because like I said before, I don't think people are generally there at that time and he figured no one could dispute his story -  Did he travel to Aruba a lot? Does he know anyone there?

This is starting to somewhat remind me of Taylor Behl and Ben Fawley - with the strangulation during sex, Sick b******
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »

Giordano was divorced from his ex-wife in 2008 "amid allegations of domestic violence," during which she obtained a restraining order, according to court records. At least one other woman sought a similar order of protection against him. He also had several arrests on his record for thefts under $500. Giordano "emphatically denies" any wrongdoing, according to a statement issued by his lawyer.

I knew about the domestic violence charges, but now theft - shady character -

Thanks festa

I hope Aruba learned a lesson in the Natalee Holloway case.  If Joran van der Sloot had been held accountable by the Aruban/Dutch justice system a young lady by the name of Stephany Flores would ... at this point in time ... be persuing her dreams.

It appears that the writing was on the wall in regards to what happened to Robyn Gardner.  Gary Giordano's history implies that women were at risk ... it was just a matter of time.

Janet

_____

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »

The prosecutor would not disclose the specific doubts, fearing it could undermine the investigation, but one of them is fairly basic: So far, there are no witnesses who saw the couple go snorkeling in the late afternoon on the wind-swept southern tip of Aruba. "We only have his story on that," Stein said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »

Beth Holloway comprehends perfectly the overwhelming emotions of Robyn Gardner’s mother as she deals alone with a justice system that places what is perceived as the best interest of its tourist industry over a victim.

+++++++

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 55
: Last night’s meeting with the DEA agent would be the last time we would see him. I was told he was just on the island “on vacation,” but considering his line of work, I have to wonder about that. Even wonder if the name he gave us was really his. None of that matters. I’m just thankful he was here when he was to help us get the ball rolling by directing us to go to Carlos ‘n Charlie’s, and helping us with the encounter in the van der Sloot front yard. But now we’re alone, politically and law enforcement-wise. Even though we’ve met Homeland Security and DEA representatives, there‘s nothing they can do for us. There’s no U.S. consular office here. No State Department representative. No FBI agent. We’re on our own.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »

Why did it take almost a week for the disappearance of Robyn Gardner to come to the attention of the media? Why was Gary Giordano initially given permission to return to the States?

Could it be that Aruba was again attempting to sweep the disappearance of an American on the Happy Island under the proverbial rug?

++++++

ARUBA: THE TRAGIC UNTOLD STORY OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY AND CORRUPTION IN PARADISE
By Dave Holloway

It was June 1, 2005, our first evening in Aruba, my daughter was missing and a detective was telling us to go to a local bar and have a beer. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said it was the hot spot for vacationing kids. "Maybe she will show up." In fact, he was so confident that she was just partying it up or on drugs that he told us this particular bar would be the best place to find her.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

August 6, 2010

Front Page

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »

The prosecutor would not disclose the specific doubts, fearing it could undermine the investigation, but one of them is fairly basic: So far, there are no witnesses who saw the couple go snorkeling in the late afternoon on the wind-swept southern tip of Aruba. "We only have his story on that," Stein said.

My bet is because it didn't happen.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.