March 28, 2024, 10:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBYN GARDNER 35 YEARS OLD MISSING IN ARUBA SINCE AUGUST 2, 2011 #1  (Read 566814 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »

Maybe it should be Aruba Triangle, rather than Bermuda.  How do so many people just vanish in thin air?   Even IF she was swept out, wouldn't a body wash up somewhere, or do we assume a shark or something ate them?

No wonder he took her to Aruba,  it's just to easy for those with bad intentions!

Yes,

While looking for something last night, I read this comment from 2006...kinda crude (apologies in advance) but the truth IMO.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=188.msg41451#msg41451
(last paragraph)

::snipping2::  For any kind of sexual deviant, Aruba is the place where all the comforts of a perv’s best wet dreams can occur jail free. ::snipping2::

Well that pretty much sums it up.  Sad but true! 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »

Gary Giordano's story  is obviously not making sense......I wonder IF he stashed her body somewhere. I'd be curious to know how much mileage he put on the rental vehicle since their arrival on Aruba July 31st. He may have cruised around looking for a spot to hide her.

I'd like to know if he knew anyone from Aruba before traveling there.  He may have had help.

jmo

Hi TM and everyone.  Thanks to TM and everymonkey for gathering the news on Robyn for us. 

TM, You've been in my head again!  I was wondering if this guy has been to Aruba before, and if so, who he has associated with.  It's rather disturbing that he tried to get her on a cruise, and when that fell apart, he pulled this trip to Auba out of his shorts.

There are lots of other things to do.  Why did this guy just have to get her to the Caribbean?

Hopefully the FBI will search his home in Maryland and find out just what he's been up to.

Thanks again monkeys, and prayers for Robyn and her loved ones.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2011, 06:05:34 PM »

Gary Giordano's story  is obviously not making sense......I wonder IF he stashed her body somewhere. I'd be curious to know how much mileage he put on the rental vehicle since their arrival on Aruba July 31st. He may have cruised around looking for a spot to hide her.

Aruba is a very small island, so it is not very hard to find your way around (unless you're trying to getting to Natural Pool) and since he had a Rav4 which I believe is 4 wheel drive, he would be able to navigate the unpaved roads on the other side of the island away from hotels - this part is fairly desolate, has a very rough rocky coastline - It is a pounding, crushing surf -
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552

::snipping2::

Sharon Gonzalez
your rants are disparaging to an island that is nothing but welcoming to tourists. Tourism is their livelihood. These women went missing because they made stupid decisions. Period. Although the focus and purpose of this page is to make the public aware of Robyn's disappearance and to offer her loved ones support - IT IS MY OPINION that this page wouldn't be necessary had this woman made the intelligent decision to not travel abroad with a man that was pretty much a stranger. Can you contest that? No. I've said it many times on this page before. DO NOT blame Aruba for her disappearance. It has nothing to do with location but choice of company.

Wonder what Lily Konowitz supposedly did that caused her to be attacked and beaten while she was in the restroom of a restaurant in Aruba (April of this year)? 

Read Lily Konowitz's story here:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/28678487/detail.html

Just one example, and there are many, many more that contradict the statement "an island that is nothing but welcoming to tourists"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552

Maria Tromp is the mother of Vicenzo Tromp, missing in Aruba since November 27, 2007.  He'd worked as a prison guard in Aruba from 2004 until the time of his disappearance.

http://www.facebook.com/tromp3

FB posts by Maria Tromp from last year:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8454.msg1230972#msg1230972

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »

Aruba prosecutors believe missing American is dead; seek longer detention order for companion

After so many days, authorities no longer believe the 35-year-old Maryland woman could be alive, so they are holding Giordano on suspicion of involvement in her death. Her remains have not been recovered despite a search of more than four days in the sea and on the coastline in the area where she was reported missing.

"As long as we don't have a body, you can question whether or not she is dead," Stein told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "On the other hand, with all the publicity on the case, if she were still alive she would have made herself known."

Other factors also lead to the conclusion she is dead, Stein told reporters later. Police have recovered her passport from her belongings and don't believe she could have left the island by air with a false identity. They have also found no evidence that she left Aruba by boat.

Asked why there is no further search for her remains, the prosecutor said it would be difficult to search without knowing where to look, even on a relatively small island. Aruba is about 75 square miles (193 square kilometers), nearly the size of Baltimore, Maryland.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9p2psv80/aruba-prosecutors-believe-missing-american-is-dead-seek-longer-detention-order-for-companion.html

I would think that many people would remember this woman, given the tattoos and assuming she was wearing a bathing suit or shorts or short dress most of the time since it's hot, I just back from there myself 8/4
festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »

Under Aruban law, which is based on the Dutch legal system, the judge can extend the next detention order for a maximum of eight days at a hearing scheduled for Monday.

After that period, prosecutors could ask a judge to order Giordano held for as long as 60 days while they prepare a case, but that would require more substantial evidence. Charges would be filed at the end of the 60 days if prosecutors take the case to court.

Still curious if they've searched the other side of the island - IF he had never been here before and/or didn't know anyone on the island, I would think he would be limited as far as getting rid of evidence - bury it or in the water - Any canine searches?  Burying would mean tools and it doesn't seem as they've uncovered anything like that either physically (the actual tool or receipt) or witnesses to a purchase - The Renaissance has it's own private island, did they travel there?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »

I'd like to know if he knew anyone from Aruba before traveling there.  He may have had help.

jmo

Hi TM and everyone.  Thanks to TM and everymonkey for gathering the news on Robyn for us. 

TM, You've been in my head again!  I was wondering if this guy has been to Aruba before, and if so, who he has associated with.  It's rather disturbing that he tried to get her on a cruise, and when that fell apart, he pulled this trip to Auba out of his shorts.

There are lots of other things to do.  Why did this guy just have to get her to the Caribbean?

Hopefully the FBI will search his home in Maryland and find out just what he's been up to.

Thanks again monkeys, and prayers for Robyn and her loved ones.

Hi Helen Back!   

I definitely agree with you, and I hope all of Giordano's contacts can be traced over the last year; especially the time he's known Robyn.  He was up to something all along imo.

This article was particularly disturbing to me.  If you haven't seen the video (at the link below...from GMA this morning), watch it.

From the video...They aren't quite sure how he made a living, he's alternatively described himself as a "recruiter" and a "producer". 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-case-aruba-scrambles-mount-evidence-gary/story?id=14289710

Robyn Gardner Investigators Search for Evidence Against Giordano

By COLLEEN CURRY, MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) , and KATIE KINDELAN
Aug. 12, 2011

Giordano Stalked, Pressured Other Women to Go Away With Him

At least four women have said that Giordano was alarmingly aggresive toward them.

Carrie Emerson told ABC News that Giordano tried to contact her daughter, a model, claiming that he was a producer and wanted to take her to Aruba for a photo shoot. He became angry when she said refused his offer.

"He started telling me stuff like that he would protect her. He said, 'It's not going to be another Natalee Holloway or anything,'" Emerson said, referring to the Alabama high school student who disappeared on the island in 2005.

"He got very angry with me at that point. He started telling me that if I went and slept with him he would make sure I was taken care of well financially. He said that 'if you ever let your daughter sleep with me too, I'll take care of both of ya'll for the rest of your lives financially,'" said Emerson, who told her story to the FBI.

Another woman said Giordano pressured her to go on a cruise with him, and when she refused, he stalked her, showing up outside her window wearing a deer costume.

Aruba authorities are counting on the testimony of women from Giordano's past to help convince a judge to hold him in the country longer.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »

Under Aruban law, which is based on the Dutch legal system, the judge can extend the next detention order for a maximum of eight days at a hearing scheduled for Monday.

After that period, prosecutors could ask a judge to order Giordano held for as long as 60 days while they prepare a case, but that would require more substantial evidence. Charges would be filed at the end of the 60 days if prosecutors take the case to court.

Still curious if they've searched the other side of the island - IF he had never been here before and/or didn't know anyone on the island, I would think he would be limited as far as getting rid of evidence - bury it or in the water - Any canine searches?  Burying would mean tools and it doesn't seem as they've uncovered anything like that either physically (the actual tool or receipt) or witnesses to a purchase - The Renaissance has it's own private island, did they travel there?

There are plenty of places to hide a body in Aruba, the locals know them well...a new tourist might not.  There are many caves, abandoned wells, smaller bodies of water, the sand dunes, etc.  If they were going to search with dogs, they should have already been doing it IMO...but I haven't read about any.  The winds there don't make it an easy task.

They were staying at the Marriott, not the Renaissance.  I read that the reports of them staying at the Renaissance is incorrect.  The private island is only for Renaissance guests from my understanding.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »

---------------------------
Carrie Emerson told ABC News that Giordano tried to contact her daughter, a model, claiming that he was a producer and wanted to take her to Aruba for a photo shoot. He became angry when she said refused his offer.

"He started telling me stuff like that he would protect her. He said, 'It's not going to be another Natalee Holloway or anything,'" Emerson said, referring to the Alabama high school student who disappeared on the island in 2005.

"He got very angry with me at that point. He started telling me that if I went and slept with him he would make sure I was taken care of well financially. He said that 'if you ever let your daughter sleep with me too, I'll take care of both of ya'll for the rest of your lives financially,'" said Emerson, who told her story to the FBI.
----------------------------

Photo shoot? What does he do for a living? I thought it had something to do with an employment agency.  Regardless, this guy just keeps getting sicker and sicker - And the fact that he suggested going to Aruba for a photo shoot makes me think he has been there before so he may know the island - There are caves on the other side and it is rural, lots of places to get rid of evidence, but I still think water is a better bet - If she was found in a cave or buried somewhere, that would mean it was deliberate, but if she's found in the water, he could keep claiming accident - Better chance to get away with it - I know they searched, but still with currents, sea life, etc.
It's also curious how soon he reported her missing - IF she was seen at lunch that day and he reported her missing at 6pm?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »

Aruba prosecutors believe missing American is dead; seek longer detention order for companion

After so many days, authorities no longer believe the 35-year-old Maryland woman could be alive, so they are holding Giordano on suspicion of involvement in her death. Her remains have not been recovered despite a search of more than four days in the sea and on the coastline in the area where she was reported missing.

"As long as we don't have a body, you can question whether or not she is dead," Stein told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "On the other hand, with all the publicity on the case, if she were still alive she would have made herself known."

Other factors also lead to the conclusion she is dead, Stein told reporters later. Police have recovered her passport from her belongings and don't believe she could have left the island by air with a false identity. They have also found no evidence that she left Aruba by boat.

Asked why there is no further search for her remains, the prosecutor said it would be difficult to search without knowing where to look, even on a relatively small island. Aruba is about 75 square miles (193 square kilometers), nearly the size of Baltimore, Maryland.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9p2psv80/aruba-prosecutors-believe-missing-american-is-dead-seek-longer-detention-order-for-companion.html

I would think that many people would remember this woman, given the tattoos and assuming she was wearing a bathing suit or shorts or short dress most of the time since it's hot, I just back from there myself 8/4

Regardless of how much publicity there is, if she is being held against her will (and more than likely drugged if this is the case) she wouldn't be able to "make herself known".  If she was handed off to others or taken, the Aruban authorities gave the culprits more than a week to either hide her well on the island or get her off the island, while they kept the disappearance hush hush and only searched where the "now" suspect said she was last seen.  She wouldn't need her passport, believe me.  Even Joran van der Sloot had two passports!  Good grief!

And I guess now they are going to claim that they KNOW about every single boat that comes to shore and leaves Aruba...GMAFB.

Unless they're assuming she's dead based on evidence they currently have, that we don't know about...it makes me mad for them to automatically assume that after a four day search of the water and coastline.  They obviously haven't searched anywhere else!  They've already said his story doesn't add up, but now they're going to believe she must be dead based what he's said?  They'd been in Aruba how long... about 48 hours...and she disappears?  After he'd been trying for how long to GET HER THERE?

Americans need to stay away from that island.  Period. 

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »

There are plenty of places to hide a body in Aruba, the locals know them well...a new tourist might not.  There are many caves, abandoned wells, smaller bodies of water, the sand dunes, etc.  If they were going to search with dogs, they should have already been doing it IMO...but I haven't read about any.  The winds there don't make it an easy task.

They were staying at the Marriott, not the Renaissance.  I read that the reports of them staying at the Renaissance is incorrect.  The private island is only for Renaissance guests from my understanding.

Thanks, I assumed they were mixing Marriott and Renaissance in reports since Marriott owns Renaissance, but I'm assuming they were staying at Marriott at Palm Beach which is a ways from Renaissance in Oranjestad and from Rogers Beach and does not have private island access. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:15 PM »

Hey Aruba...

NO BODY = NO DEATH

ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW HER SAID SHE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE SNORKELING!

KEEP LOOKING FOR HER!

Lazy or complicit?  I have to wonder.  

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

http://www.gazette.net/article/20110812/NEWS/708129527/1124/1124/man-not-cooperating-in-aruba-investigation&template=gazette

Friday, August 12, 2011
Man not cooperating in Aruba investigation
Gaithersburg resident Giordano refuses to give DNA sample in disappearance of woman
by Jen Bondeson, Staff Writer

The prosecutor's office has submitted a court order to get a sample of Giordano's DNA, Stein said.

On Monday, the prosecutor's office released a photo of Giordano, hoping that anyone who saw him since he arrived on the island July 31 will contact the Aruban Police Force.

They hope to find out more about him, his contacts and the places he went with Gardner.

Police searched from the coast of Aruba to the coast of Venezuela, which is about 15 miles away.

If police find new evidence, such as her snorkeling gear, they will intensify the search, he said.

When a U.S. citizen is in custody abroad, consular officers visit them to check on their health and welfare, and work to ensure their fair treatment, according to a U.S. State Department official.

They provide information about the local legal system and attorneys, and facilitate communication with family and friends in the U.S., the official wrote in an email.

Giordano's lawyer, Michael Lopez, was appointed by the court, Stein said.

Giordano is not able to appoint his own lawyer, but he could suggest a lawyer he would like to use, and the court would take his choice into account, Stein said.

The courts in Aruba do not charge people who are accused of crimes before taking them to court, but rather the charging happens the moment they go to trial, he said.

If Giordano was taken to trial it would be before a judge, rather than a jury.

festa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »

Regardless of how much publicity there is, if she is being held against her will (and more than likely drugged if this is the case) she wouldn't be able to "make herself known".  If she was handed off to others or taken, the Aruban authorities gave the culprits more than a week to either hide her well on the island or get her off the island, while they kept the disappearance hush hush and only searched where the "now" suspect said she was last seen.  She wouldn't need her passport, believe me.  Even Joran van der Sloot had two passports!  Good grief!

And I guess now they are going to claim that they KNOW about every single boat that comes to shore and leaves Aruba...GMAFB.

Unless they're assuming she's dead based on evidence they currently have, that we don't know about...it makes me mad for them to automatically assume that after a four day search of the water and coastline.  They obviously haven't searched anywhere else!  They've already said his story doesn't add up, but now they're going to believe she must be dead based what he's said?  They'd been in Aruba how long... about 48 hours...and she disappears?  After he'd been trying for how long to GET HER THERE?

Americans need to stay away from that island.  Period. 

Although he definitely has proven to have quite the temper and could easily have done something to her, based on this report regarding the model/photo shoot, this is at least 1 other person (2 if you consider her mom also) that he was anxious to get to Aruba, which makes the human trafficking aspect seem a possibility - Where else does this guy travel to?  He used Marriott reward points for this trip, so he travel a bit.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »

Hey Aruba...

NO BODY = NO DEATH

ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW HER SAID SHE WOULD NOT HAVE GONE SNORKELING!

KEEP LOOKING FOR HER!

Lazy or complicit?  I have to wonder.  

ALL of the above. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »

Slideshow shows pictures of his house and a photo of him released Aug. 11 etc.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/gallery?section=news/national_world&id=8304283&photo=5

Search goes on in Aruba for missing woman
Slideshow posted in National/World | Friday, August 12, 2011
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/missing-aruba-woman-robyn-gardner-was-alimony-battle-with-ex-husband

Robyn Gardner Was In Alimony Battle With Ex-Husband When She Went Missing In Aruba
Posted on Aug 12, 2011 @ 06:30PM
By Amber Goodhand - Radar Reporter

Robyn Gardner was in the middle of a bitter alimony battle with her ex-husband when she disappeared in Aruba, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Robyn married Kenneth Gardner in 1998. The two separated by 2007, and their divorced was finalized May 6, 2009.

As part of their separation settlement, Kenneth was ordered to pay Robyn $2,000 per month for 36 months, as well as two lump sum payments of $15,000 in October of 2009 and 2010.

EXCLUSIVE: Read The Legal Documents Here

In paperwork exclusively obtained by RadarOnline.com from the Circuit Court for Frederick County in Maryland, Kenneth petitioned to modify the alimony earlier this year and Robyn opposed.

Prior to their split, the couple lived well in suburban Washington, D.C. They had an expensive house and drove a Mercedes Benz.   But their home had two mortgages and then Kenneth Gardner lost his job with a construction company.

PHOTOS: Richard Forester And Robyn Gardner

The court ordered his request for alimony modification to be head by a mediator, and a settlement conference is scheduled for October 7, 2011

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »

Remember...a member of the Aruban police force was one of the men arrested in this case.  He was an off duty bouncer/bodyguard for The Foxy Lady club that is under investigation for Human trafficking.  At least two that were arrested (Alex Matthew and Michael Levenstone) are still in custody awaiting trial...a year later.  Also remember from the "Trafficking in Persons 2011" report that Aruba has NEVER successfully prosecuted a human trafficking case.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/category/amigoe/

Posted August 8, 2010

Raid at Foxy Lady on Aruba’s “One Happy Island” due to Human Trafficking … Joran Van der Sloot, Thailand, Human Trafficking … Hmm?
ARRESTS MADE IN ARUBA IN CONNECTION WITH HUMAN TRAFFICKING.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/missing-aruba-woman-robyn-gardner-was-alimony-battle-with-ex-husband

Robyn Gardner Was In Alimony Battle With Ex-Husband When She Went Missing In Aruba
Posted on Aug 12, 2011 @ 06:30PM
By Amber Goodhand - Radar Reporter

Robyn Gardner was in the middle of a bitter alimony battle with her ex-husband when she disappeared in Aruba, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Robyn married Kenneth Gardner in 1998. The two separated by 2007, and their divorced was finalized May 6, 2009.

As part of their separation settlement, Kenneth was ordered to pay Robyn $2,000 per month for 36 months, as well as two lump sum payments of $15,000 in October of 2009 and 2010.

EXCLUSIVE: Read The Legal Documents Here

In paperwork exclusively obtained by RadarOnline.com from the Circuit Court for Frederick County in Maryland, Kenneth petitioned to modify the alimony earlier this year and Robyn opposed.

Prior to their split, the couple lived well in suburban Washington, D.C. They had an expensive house and drove a Mercedes Benz.   But their home had two mortgages and then Kenneth Gardner lost his job with a construction company.

PHOTOS: Richard Forester And Robyn Gardner

The court ordered his request for alimony modification to be head by a mediator, and a settlement conference is scheduled for October 7, 2011

Thanks grace-land!  I've been wanting to know more about this.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

I'll post the pictures of Giordano's house and the tax records...if they're available...shortly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.