March 28, 2024, 12:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBYN GARDNER 35 YEARS OLD MISSING IN ARUBA SINCE AUGUST 2, 2011 #1  (Read 566821 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »

She looks between 16-18 to me and looking for someone to buy stuff for her.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »

One of Giordano's FB friends...omg...(her pics) she reminds me so much of Natalee.   

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000858021045

She only has 26 friends...how does he fit in here?   

Gold digger - my bet is Hott isn't her real last name

I agree.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »

She looks between 16-18 to me and looking for someone to buy stuff for her.

That's what I was thinking too.  Sad...so pretty but obviously headed on the wrong path.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/13/shirt-in-aruba-mine-not-linked-to-us-woman/

Shirt in Aruba mine not linked to US woman

Published August 13, 2011

| Associated Press

ORANJESTAD, Aruba –  An Aruban official says a shirt and sandals found during a search of the island did not belong to a missing Maryland woman.

Solicitor General Taco Stein tells The Associated Press that police conducted a careful analysis of the pink shirt and black sandals after the items were found during a search of an abandoned phosphate mine.

He said Saturday that authorities believe there is no reason to send the items to the Netherlands for further testing. The clothing was found during a search for the remains of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner in the southern Dutch Caribbean island.

::snipping2::
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/13/shirt-in-aruba-mine-not-linked-to-us-woman/#ixzz1UwYm7vB3

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: August 13, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »

When did Dilma Arends Geerman become an editor for the Associated Press?

Anyways ... if no body and no evidence is located but Mark Gio Giordano is charged under Dutch law with the the murder of Robyn Gardner ... inquiring minds are going to demand an explanation as to why Joran van der Sloot was given a pass.

1. Think about all Joran's lies encompassing the his contact with Natalee Holloway just prior to her disappearance.

2. Think about Joran's history in regards to sexual assault against women.

3. Think about the immediate discovery of Natalee's cell phone and passport.

4. Think about the precidence in Dutch law regarding charges without the location of a body.

Janet

+++++

The Robyn Gardner Case

Aruba officials search mine for missing American
DILMA ARENDS GEERMAN, Associated Press
Updated 01:08 a.m., Saturday, August 13, 2011

<snipped>

After so many days, authorities no longer believe the Maryland woman could be alive, so they are holding Giordano on suspicion of involvement in her death. Her remains have not been recovered despite a search of more than four days in the sea and on the coastline in the area where she was reported missing.

"As long as we don't have a body, you can question whether or not she is dead," Stein told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "On the other hand, with all the publicity on the case, if she were still alive she would have made herself known."

Other factors also lead to the conclusion she is dead, Stein told reporters. Police have recovered her passport from her belongings and don't believe she could have left the island by air with a false identity. They have also found no evidence that she left Aruba by boat.

<snipped>

http://www.westport-news.com/news/article/Aruba-officials-search-mine-for-missing-American-1912991.php

The Natalee Holloway Case

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Oct. 27th
updated 10/28/2005 11:19:24 AM ET

<snipped>

COSBY:  Is there a possibility she may have run away?  Can you exclude that? 

GEROLD DOMPIG, DEPUTY POLICY CHIEF OF ARUBA:  No, not at all, because you have to keep an open mind, of course.  But don‘t forget that, if we look at the statements from especially Joran, I have received today an overview of all the several moments where he has basically lied.  And that‘s a lot.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9849849/ns/msnbc_tv-rita_cosby_specials/t/rita-cosby-live-direct-oct-th/

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 41:   The DEA agent asks for Natalee's cell phone and passport. I don't want to reach into her bag, but I don't want anyone else to touch it either. A little carry-on purse is attached to the side of it. Inside are her passport, cell phone, and some cash right on the top. I remove them and zip the purse back. The agent looks at Natalee's things a few moments, then gives them back to me. I return Natalee's things to her little purse as I walk back to the hotel room to leave her bag there.

Summons and Complaint
Elizabeth Ann Twitty and Dave Edward Holloway
vs. Joran van der Sloot and Paulus van der Sloot

<snippe>

12. On at least three occasions prior to May 2005, young Aruban women alleged that they were victims of “date rape” perpetrated by Joran and his accomplices

<snipped>.

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/hway/hwayvds21606cmp5.html

Posted 7/1/2005 2:25 PM     Updated 7/1/2005 8:28 PM
Aruba prosecutor: Charges likely in Ala. teen's disappearance

<snipped>

Janssen said the prosecution was centering its case around e-mail and cell phone text messages written between the suspects the night Holloway disappeared. Janssen declined to offer further details about the messages, but said not having a body would make getting a murder conviction "more difficult but not impossible."

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-07-01-aruba_x.htm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »

An Aruban double standard?  You bet!  Aruban investigators do not have a cover up agenda to protect the main suspect in the Robyn Gardner case ... a cover up agenda to prevent justice from prevailing.

Janet

++++

FBI aids Aruba investigation into missing Frederick woman
By The Associated Press
8:45 p.m. EDT, August 11, 2011

ORANJESTAD, Aruba— Aruba has turned to the FBI for help investigating the disappearance of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner of Frederick, Md., an agency spokesman said Thursday.

FBI Special Agent Richard Wolf told The Associated Press that the U.S. agency is conducting interviews and giving other assistance to Aruba, which is taking the lead in the investigation.

<snipped>

http://www.herald-mail.com/news/local/hm-fbi-aids-aruba-investigation-into-missing-frederick-woman-20110811,0,1412190.story

Never Passed the Ball

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 184: Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute

No Invitation Extended

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman:  The Arubans told us there wasn't anything of interest in the trap based on the visual-only inspection (Dateline and Tim Miller present).

Kyle Kingman:  John definitely believed the Arubans at their every word

Kyle Kingman:  Aruban divers deemed the cage to be not case related, and therefore Aruba had no interest in it.  At that point, I made the statement to all on board that we do have an interest and that we would recover the cage ourselves.  That is when Mos said they would dive on it but it would take 1 -2 weeks for a forensics team to arrive and that he would let Persistence know.

Kyle Kingman:  The FBI said they needed an invitation. I brought it up to Mos and Richardson and they were talking as if it were a possibility along with a Dutch forensic team. Mos said it would take about 10-14 days to have a Dutch forensic team on site. Never heard another word about it.

Kermit/jen3560 - Scared Monkeys

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »

Robyn Gardner search in Aruba shows no hope: 'If she were alive she would have made herself known'

BY MIKE JACCARINO   
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 4:00 AM

The pair arrived in Aruba July 31 and shared a room at a Marriott hotel. Investigators have video of them eating at a restaurant, not far from where he says she disappeared while snorkeling.

But no witnesses saw them go into the water and police have no knowledge of what else they did on the island, Stein said.

Under Aruban law, the judge can extend the next detention order for a maximum of eight days at a hearing scheduled for Monday.

After that, prosecutors could ask a judge to order Giordano held for as long as 60 days while they prepare a case, but that would require more substantial evidence. Charges would be filed at the end of the 60 days if prosecutors take the case to court.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/08/13/2011-08-13_robyn_gardner_search_in_aruba_shows_no_hope_if_she_were_alive_she_would_have_mad.html#ixzz1UxbPvA3L

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »

TM  - are Arubatoday and Bondia officially shut down or is there a new url for them? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »

TM  - are Arubatoday and Bondia officially shut down or is there a new url for them? 

I don't think they're putting anything online, but they're still in business as far as I know. 

Probably just too lazy to keep up the online edition, they had been going downhill for a while. 

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: August 13, 2011, 09:25:04 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/TiffanyAnn3tt3/statuses/102535910297583616

@TiffanyAnn3tt3
Tiffany

Suspect for missing Aruba woman says she disappeared while snorkeling. No woman who gets hair extensions every 8 wks is going in water!

51 minutes ago via Twitter for Android

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: August 13, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »

Thought I'd better not post this one.   

http://twitter.com/#!/aarondillio/statuses/102535897312018432

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »

Thought I'd better not post this one.   

http://twitter.com/#!/aarondillio/statuses/102535897312018432

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2011, 09:42:02 PM »

I wonder if Gary took Robyn to Aruba because he thought it would be easier to dispose of a body?  No body no case, etc etc.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »

http://www.insideedition.com/videos.aspx?videoID=1059

Roommate of Missing Woman in Aruba Speaks Out

Thursday, 08/11/11

INSIDE EDITION talks to the roommate of Robyn Gardner, the woman who disappeared in Aruba, as she describes her feelings about Gardner's traveling companion.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »

I wonder if Gary took Robyn to Aruba because he thought it would be easier to dispose of a body?  No body no case, etc etc.

I've wondered that too.  But unless you knew the island, or someone else who did...would it really be that much easier?  We all know how many bodies we've seen wash up on the beaches there...would he risk that by disposing of her in the sea?  She hasn't washed up, so did he just get lucky?  Unless he's been there before or knew someone that would help him, would he know about the caves, mines, or other possible places to dispose of her where she would go undetected?  Then again, I think about the guy they found in that cactus like forest a year or so ago...he'd been there a while and no one found him. 

I'd like to hear from a woman that has traveled with Gary before, we've only heard so far from ones that he wanted to take somewhere but didn't go.  I'd like to know what went on during those trips.  Was he taking beautiful women other places to be video taped in the hotel rooms?  Remember one said he wanted to take her daughter for a photo shoot in Aruba...  Wonder what kind of photo shoot that would have been?  I just can't help but think there was something else behind these trips, for him to be so angry when the women chose not to go with him.  Whatever was behind the other trips, more than likely is connected to Robyn's disappearance.  JMO

Hope that makes sense! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »

Unless it's in the sand, I don't think it would be easy...and probably would be obvious if you buried someone in the ground?  Isn't the island basically rock?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »

I really hope they find her, but I'm so afraid they won't.   

Maybe I've read too much, seen too much, etc.  But I just have a feeling he handed her off to someone, and her life will never be the same.  There are worse things than death, imo.  I've been wondering how much money he had on him, if his accounts in the states (or anywhere else he may have them) are being checked for activity around this trip.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/80689-nieuwe-zoekactie-amerikaanse-toerist

Google translation:

New Search American tourist

SATURDAY, 13 AUGUST 2011 2:14 p.m.

SAN NICOLAS - Police and fire yesterday abandoned mine holes Colony searched to find the body of Robyn Gardner (35) or clues surrounding her disappearance. According to the Public Prosecutor (OM) was found nothing of interest. The search is expected today and possibly tomorrow through.

by our reporter
Alex Lacle

Journalists on the spot yesterday afternoon saw the fire in the mine with a pink shirt and slippers. It is unclear whether this clothing has anything to do with research. Attorney General Taco Stein says that he has heard nothing about these clothes. "If it's important, then I have been told, I think." The mines are located on the north, less than one kilometer away from Baby Beach. Behind the nearby former Nanki Country Club, Gardner, at least according to her traveling partner, Gary Giordano, on August 2 disappeared while snorkeling.

The search in the mine shafts is a logical continuation of the futile quest for sea and land in the first days after the disappearance. Stein hints that these days in several places here will be searched.

Meanwhile, the U.S. media that published the home of Gary Giordano (50) in Gaithersburg, Maryland was searched by the FBI. According to Advocate General Stein this story is not true. He has learned that the house of the accused "did the black press cars, but there was no police. Incidentally, he does not rule out that this search will take place in the future. But the legal request of the Aruban justice for search has not been sent, says Stein. "We did have some requests done, but I'm working this weekend to further requests."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2011, 12:50:52 AM »

With video--some good advice.

http://wusa9.com/news/article/162651/373/Aruba-Case-Sheds-Light-On-Online-Dating-World-

Gary Giordano Being Questioned Allegedly Met Women On Match.com
2:54 PM, Aug 13, 2011 
Written by
Andrea McCarren

WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- As Gaithersburg, Maryland resident Gary Giordano is being scrutinized by law enforcement in Aruba, other women have stepped forward to allege he has been violent with them and even, that he secretly videotaped their sexual encounters. Several say they met Giordano on the popular dating website, Match.com.

Match.com issued a statement to 9News, saying allegations like this between individuals who meet on Match.com "are extremely rare, but it doesn't make them any less horrifying." The online dating site also asks its members to report any suspicious or inappropriate behavior.

According to dating and relationship coach Michelle Jacoby, founder of www.DCMatchmaking.com, " In 2011, if you're not dating online, you're kind of a dating dinosaur."

You can also check websites like www.BeenVerified.com to find out in advance if a potential date has a violent history or a criminal record.

Said Jacoby, "For a small fee of under $100, you can do unlimited searches for a year. And you don't need the consent of the person. You can really search anyone. You can find out a lot of information about that person."

Also recommended: setting up a free Google Voice account, providing a phone number that can be used just for dating.

"You can give that number out when you're dating, so that nobody knows your real cell phone number. If that person starts to be bothersome, you can just block their calls," said Jacoby.

She also recommends setting up an email account that isn't your name and doesn't include any personal information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.