April 28, 2024, 12:17:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #636 6/6 - 6/8/2007  (Read 174613 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2007, 09:11:53 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Paris Hilton Escapes From Jail!

But it is legal, because her lawyers cut a deal yesterday for an early release.   Laughing

i'm starting to worry about you and your fascination with this fruitloop buddy  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2007, 09:14:48 AM »

But it is legal, because her lawyers cut a deal yesterday for an early release.   Laughing

Well, Blah already hit the nail on the head! I'm not saying Paris is the type of criminal that he is talking about, but just another of the ME generation that grew up w/ "time outs" (or even less). Another "early release", etc. etc. etc.  Evil or Very Mad

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:45 AM »

Quote from: "blah"

i'm starting to worry about you and your fascination with this fruitloop buddy  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Hey!  This is NEWS! lol

I think her new jailhouse book, just turned into a post card.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2007, 09:21:21 AM »

I see many of you stayed up for the breaking news on Kelsey's murderer, I did as well. My hope is that since this was the daughter of a police officer that we may see increased legislation as a result. Somehow that this can happen to a child of the police force likely will resonate far more with our lawmakers, at least I hope it may have a similar impact as with Jessica's law. Elizabeth Smart's father was on yesterday begging for us all to write our elected officials per state to lobby for this legislation related to repeat offenders.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2007, 09:22:13 AM »

I think Tim Miller is coming up on Fox in a few minutes.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2007, 09:22:23 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/  06/07/2007

Croes: ‘Aruban passport next to the Dutch one’  

ORANJESTAD – Justice-minister and second vie-Prime Minister Rudy Croes (MEP) is of the opinion that Aruban citizens must have dual passports: an Aruban and a Dutch one.  He calls this the next step in the phase for an independent Aruba .  

He uses as example of the inhabitants of Canada and Australia that have the right on a British passport.  As independent states, both countries are part of the British Commonwealth of Nations, the former British Commonwealth , with the British Queen as symbolic leader.  Both countries are therefore examples for Aruba , said Croes.  “We can also be an independent sovereignty with two passports and one queen.”  He concluded that a double nationality must not sound strange to the Netherlands; they have two state secretaries, of which one has a Turkish nationality (Justice, Nebahat Albayrak) and the other has a Moroccan  nationality (Social Affairs, Ahmed Aboutaleb).  Last month he said that he is ashamed of having a Dutch passport.  He said that in connection with the verdict of the Supreme Court that ruled in favour of the lesbian couple Oduber-Lamers, which means that Aruba has to acknowledge the marriage between two persons of the same sex.  

DUAL NATIONALITY

Canadian and Australian citizens do not automatically get a British passport.  In the past, the people of these countries had the British nationality, until they introduced own nationality laws.  Canada did this in 1947 and many citizens have dual nationality since then.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »

No its not too late.  Not by a long shot.

We tried the "time out" and "count to 3" bullshit and it didnt work.

Time to go back to the old school way of discipline.  We need to move away from this no spanking/entitlement "movement" and start teaching kids a lesson.

Less government involvement in raising our kids and more parenting at home and in schools.  Put the burden our the parents to raise their kids right.  Make them responsible for their own kids and they will make their kids responsible, respectable young adults.

How quickly can you become a member of our school board or perhaps the superintendent?  We need you as a teacher advocate.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:19 AM »

Quote from: "tcumom"

No its not too late.  Not by a long shot.

We tried the "time out" and "count to 3" bullshit and it didnt work.

Time to go back to the old school way of discipline.  We need to move away from this no spanking/entitlement "movement" and start teaching kids a lesson.

Less government involvement in raising our kids and more parenting at home and in schools.  Put the burden our the parents to raise their kids right.  Make them responsible for their own kids and they will make their kids responsible, respectable young adults.

How quickly can you become a member of our school board or perhaps the superintendent?  We need you as a teacher advocate.

I agree with you both TOTALLY!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2007, 09:33:49 AM »

tcumom-

Do you remember the 'whole language' movement in elementary schools in the late 80's? All of the lax discipline reminds me of that, in that whole language got kids off the hook for learning phonics then hooked on phonics emerged and privately made much dough off that gap. I actually paid to have both of my kids tutored in phonics during that period and don't' regret it.

It's just reflective of when our politically correct schools started making exceptions for those kids and families who weren't truly committed to education or homework. Same profile of folks who today aren't committed to discipline either.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2007, 09:40:01 AM »

Quote from: "robots"
i feel super delicious

the more time the DUTCH take the better

im going to have a cigar when they put paulus away

Cool

Bring an extra Cohiba and I'll bring the 25yr old single malt...
we can sip and burn some of castros' crops to celebrate Wink

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »

Looks like something happened at the Lighthouse area in Aruba last night:

http://www.24ora.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Busqueda grandi na costanan di Aruba        
Thursday, 07 June 2007  

Diaranson anochi laat pa diahuebs marduga autoridadnan a conduci un busqueda grandi den e area di patras di Alto Vista te Lighthouse. Esaki a wordo hasi pa busca un persona. A wordo usa e helicopter di polis y tambe a stand by unidad di brandweer, materiale wagen y ambulance.

Through Pap translator:

busqueda big at costanan of aruba
thursday, 07 june 2007

diaranson night late for diahuebs marduga autoridadnan owing to conduci one busqueda big in the area of behind alto vista till lighthouse. this owing to wordo make for busca one person. owing to wordo using the helicopter of police y also owing to stand by unidad of brandweer, materiale wagen y ambulance come across
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »

Quote from: "Destiny"
Quote from: "robots"
i feel super delicious

the more time the DUTCH take the better

im going to have a cigar when they put paulus away

Cool

Bring an extra Cohiba and I'll bring the 25yr old single malt...
we can sip and burn some of castros' crops to celebrate Wink

Destiny

Wink  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:37 AM »

Man arrested in Kansas teenager's death By MARIA SUDEKUM FISHER, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 17 minutes ago

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - A man seen on surveillance video leaving a store shortly before a teenager was abducted in the parking lot has been arrested, hours after her body was found in a park, authorities said.

Edwin R. Hall, 26, was expected to be charged Thursday morning with premeditated first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping, Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass said.

Kelsey Smith, 18, had been missing since Saturday night, when she went to a Target store in this Kansas City suburb to buy a gift for her boyfriend.

Surveillance video showed her being forced into her car around 7:10 p.m., and the car drove off. It was found in a nearby mall parking lot about two hours later.

Douglass said Hall appeared to be the same person shown in the video leaving the Target soon after Smith. He was wearing a white T-shirt, sneakers, shorts and a goatee.

"This community has lost a vibrant and promising life and a family has suffered unimaginable tragedy," said Phill Kline, prosecutor for Johnson County, Kan.

Police said Hall's vehicle matched the description of a dark mid-1970s Chevrolet pickup that was seen entering the Target parking lot shortly after Smith's car.

"I want to again express my condolences to the Smith family," Douglass said. "I realize that this is not the preferred conclusion. While we cannot give them their daughter back, we can at least give them justice."

Douglass said police had received more than 500 tips in the case and had questioned numerous people, including Hall, who was arrested at the end of his interview Wednesday.

Douglass said there was no evidence that Hall and Smith knew each other. He declined to offer a motive for the attack or specify whether investigators had determined that Smith was killed in Kansas, where the murder charge was to be filed.

Police found Smith's body in a wooded area near Grandview, Mo., about 20 miles east of the Target store. Authorities did not say how she died.

"As I understand she was found at a wooded area, but I can't say whether she was directly concealed by bushes," Douglass told reporters.

Officers had been searching the lake area since Tuesday after tracing signals from Smith's cell phone. Investigators isolated two signals from an area in south Kansas City, Mo.

Before a memorial service Wednesday evening, Smith's father, Greg Smith, thanked the hundreds of volunteers and everyone else involved in the search for his daughter.

"She could walk into a room full of strangers and walk out with a room full of friends," Smith told the gathering, fighting tears.

"Her excitement and passion for life was unmatched," he said. "She lived more in 18 years than many people do with a great deal more time."

After his daughter's body was found, Kimberly Kincade, 39, was one of only a few people who remained at the makeshift staging area for searchers in the Target parking lot, surrounded by stacks of fliers and cases of water and soda.

"The person who is going to keep us the strongest is Kelsey," Kincade said, fighting tears. "She's up there looking down and saying, 'I know this is bad, and I know that I'm not there with you anymore. I can't hold you, and I can't hug you. But both of my arms are wrapping around you, and I'm there with you.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070607/ap_on_re_us/missing_teen_45;_ylt=ArpGWdqXNax1hdJ4cEfDow5kM3wV

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »

WE need to remember that you can't get a permit to parent,but it should be forced on some.We have laws,we need more prisons,raise the taxes and enforce the laws.Yes,enforce the laws.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2007, 10:02:08 AM »

this does not seem like a RANDOM act to me

something stinks..

another person involved ..i think  Mad

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »

Just popping in while I have Lean Pockets break.

I wanted to comment that we have three and four year old children who are already so violent and out of control that we have to remove them from our classrooms.

Something is very wrong.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »

Paris Hilton is a free woman.

The hotel heiress formerly known as inmate 9818783 made an early exit from the Century Regional Detention Facility Thursday after serving just three of the 45 days to which she was originally sentenced.

The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said it would hold a news conference later in the day to discuss the circumstances leading to Hilton's release.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=b0c9cf2e-32c0-4476-9a38-5a8f28d269a9

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
tcumom-

Do you remember the 'whole language' movement in elementary schools in the late 80's? All of the lax discipline reminds me of that, in that whole language got kids off the hook for learning phonics then hooked on phonics emerged and privately made much dough off that gap. I actually paid to have both of my kids tutored in phonics during that period and don't' regret it.

It's just reflective of when our politically correct schools started making exceptions for those kids and families who weren't truly committed to education or homework. Same profile of folks who today aren't committed to discipline either.

Oh boy, do I remember the various movements in the schools ~ our son was in elementary school in the late 80s, too.  At that time, our district was big on this writing program (blocked the name from my mind) which encouraged writing writing writing ~ with *no* emphasis on spelling, grammar, sentence construction.  Shocked  There was no way I would let our son get away with that, so....he was forced, according to him, to do worksheets, and whatever else, at home.  Well, at least he can write a complete sentence, and sound fairly literate.  That program went by the wayside after about 10 years, and now we're on the read read read bandwagon.  
Last rant ~ parents are furious if our 7th and 8th graders have homework.  God forbid it interfere with skateboarding, cheer practice, video games and so on.  Our district now has a *no homework* policy.  Shocked  Evil or Very Mad

Sorry for such a long, rambling rant ~ I sure feel better, though.  Wink
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »

Morning monkeys.  Another day and another life cut short.  I thought when my daughter graduated from high school I would worry less about the things she did and where she went.  After all, she was becoming a responsible adult that would contribute to society and possibly make things better for future generations.  Yet, after everything I have learned from being a monkey for two years I am even more worried and anxious.  The world has gone mad and I have thrown my own child out into the insanity hoping she will survive.  I think she needs karate lessons and a gun now.To heck with the pepper spray!  I want her to be able to totally incapacitate these creeps.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2007, 10:26:39 AM »

Good morning Monkeys...

I am still so sad over Kelsey.  Such a tragedy.

I think an answer to some of the madness of these types of crimes is tougher punishment.

Sure there is a death penalty in some states, great. But these people sit on death row for years and years.  
I say public hangings, or use some of the old torture techniques such as putting them on the rack and slowly pull them apart. An eye for an eye.

Ya know, I hate feeling this kind of rage.  I just can't understand some people.  And, IF this guy who did this to Kelsey does have an extensive criminal record, will anything be done to keep this from happening again?  

Yep, I say ship repeat offenders off to an island, let them survive anyway they can, and if they can't......Oh well....

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.