April 28, 2024, 09:22:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #636 6/6 - 6/8/2007  (Read 174633 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »

Have y'all seen that runner who has two prosthetic legs who wants to be in the olympics? I wouldn't be able to run a tenth that well, and I have both of the legs I was born with!

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "blah"
If its true, can we borrow him for a day or 2?  Theres a couple senators and a governor that needs a good whoopin in this state !!!!!!

Laughing  Laughing

My guess would be, if these were state senators, of which I have heard nothing, Joe Reed would be involved and now comes the wrath of Tiger sating the "to Kill a Mocking Bird"  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  that Joe is a "protected class" and must not be discussed in public.  I have no idea who it was, but he is usually at the center of any problems in the state.

Hi Tyler,

Tiger can roar at me if I'm putting words in his mouth, but I think what he is most sensitive to are remarks from people relating to disabled people. If I remember correctly, he has some work experience with disabled clients, and his brother is also disabled. He talks to me about this because of my work with Head Start. He feels strongly that those who are disabled in any way should be protected, and he gets upset about remarks that seem to belittle them. I'm not accusing you of doing that, just trying to expand a little on what Tiger has said, as he tends to be very succinct in his posts.

I am a zebra, but I am woman, hear me roar.  I don't take hand-outs.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »

Tylergal Where can we learn about this hold? Is there any survival manual out there?  I will ask some Veterans tonight to teach me, I bet they know. Blah thanks, need that today. Easy thanks too

So that is maybe the way it went down so fast and I think she had a full size seat in the car, but now wouldn't have made any difference for she would have been over a bucket seat anyways if that hold had been used.

God, he could have drugged her later and she couldn't fight for her survival. Damn.

Remember, if you have an answering machine.. no family and are doing something, going somewhere you can always leave a message to yourself so others can hear where you are going or went or call a friend.

I need a cell phone. Anyone had any experience with this: someone told me you can get one just for emergencies? With my past... I think this should be something to look into. Thanks Monkey for getting me to think in these areas again... altho at times hard and bittersweet

Be back later.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »

IBE
Glad you ended up safe... Sorry you had to go thru that.  No one should have to go thru something like that.
What are the laws there on hand held tazers?

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:13 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Tylergal Where can we learn about this hold? Is there any survival manual out there?  I will ask some Veterans tonight to teach me, I bet they know. Blah thanks, need that today. Easy thanks too

So that is maybe the way it went down so fast and I think she had a full size seat in the car, but now wouldn't have made any difference for she would have been over a bucket seat anyways if that hold had been used.

God, he could have drugged her later and she couldn't fight for her survival. Damn.

Remember, if you have an answering machine.. no family and are doing something, going somewhere you can always leave a message to yourself so others can hear where you are going or went or call a friend.

I need a cell phone. Anyone had any experience with this: someone told me you can get one just for emergencies? With my past... I think this should be something to look into. Thanks Monkey for getting me to think in these areas again... altho at times hard and bittersweet

Be back later.

IBE - I think I read somewhere that cellphones will work for 911 even if you don't have a service plan??  I'll look into it.  If that's true all you need is any old cellphone and a charger.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:34 PM »

Fox is going to deal with the idea that the girl found in the secret room behind the bookcase or whatever.. was not a random target.. They are talking about Kelsey now

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "blah"
If its true, can we borrow him for a day or 2?  Theres a couple senators and a governor that needs a good whoopin in this state !!!!!!

Laughing  Laughing

My guess would be, if these were state senators, of which I have heard nothing, Joe Reed would be involved and now comes the wrath of Tiger sating the "to Kill a Mocking Bird"  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  that Joe is a "protected class" and must not be discussed in public.  I have no idea who it was, but he is usually at the center of any problems in the state.

Hi Tyler,

Tiger can roar at me if I'm putting words in his mouth, but I think what he is most sensitive to are remarks from people relating to disabled people. If I remember correctly, he has some work experience with disabled clients, and his brother is also disabled. He talks to me about this because of my work with Head Start. He feels strongly that those who are disabled in any way should be protected, and he gets upset about remarks that seem to belittle them. I'm not accusing you of doing that, just trying to expand a little on what Tiger has said, as he tends to be very succinct in his posts.

I am a zebra, but I am woman, hear me roar.  I don't take hand-outs.

Okay, my brain must be really worn out from work today, because I have absolutely no idea what that means.  Confused

I Stand With The Girl
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2007, 07:03:05 PM »

O/T
How big of pic  ??x?? can we post without blowing the margins..??
TIA

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »

That guys eyes in the picture on this thread last night in KS with Kelsey's case.. looks like the eyes in someone we have been talking about who is involved in the Natalee case... Joran.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2007, 07:05:13 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
O/T
How big of pic  ??x?? can we post without blowing the margins..??
TIA

I try to make sure they are less that 6 inches wide. Keep the resolution at 72 pixels/inch.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: June 07, 2007, 07:05:42 PM »

I just had a nice email from Arubagirl. Someone was asking earlier if she is related to any Arends. She wanted me to let people know that she isn't. She said she will be glad to send her family tree if necessary.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: June 07, 2007, 07:08:05 PM »

IBE, it is a vasovagal response to putting pressure on the carotid artery and not allowing oxygen/blood to pass through.

BT, people who work with the disabled know that a zebra is someone with more than one stripe.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: June 07, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »

IBE, it is a vasovagal response to putting pressure on the carotid artery and not allowing oxygen/blood to pass through.

BT, people who work with the disabled know that a zebra is someone with more than one stripe.

I don't understand the "handout" part. I feel really stupid.  Embarassed

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #433 on: June 07, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »

I don't depend on anyone else to care for me.  I make my own way.  I have more than one disability from being considered legally blind, at one time paraplegic, comatose for more than a month, have primary pulmonary hypertension, hidradenitis suppurativa and pancreatic divisum, but as long as I can make it, I will not ask for help, because to do so is to admit I am weak, and my family raised us that there is no such thing as a weak woman, not to whine, not to depend on others for what we could do for ourselves.  When I am totally unable to do for myself, I pray that will be the day when I will be sent to the crematorium.  I have had doctors urge me to "draw disability."  I am not disabled.  I just had to readjust as to what I could do care for myself.

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: June 07, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "IBE"

Be back later.

IBE - I think I read somewhere that cellphones will work for 911 even if you don't have a service plan??  I'll look into it.  If that's true all you need is any old cellphone and a charger.

This is true.  Around here, the Red Cross or Salvation Army or someone collects old ones people dont use and hand them out to the less fortunate and elderly just for this reason.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: June 07, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »

Laughing  I use my voice mail to wake me up.  I set it to call me if I have someplace to go very early and my DH is away.  I used to tell him to call and remind me but he would get busy doing something and would forget to call, so I set my voice mail so that it would wake me up at that time. Laughing

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: June 07, 2007, 07:19:46 PM »

I don't depend on anyone else to care for me.  I make my own way.  I have more than one disability from being considered legally blind, at one time paraplegic, comatose for more than a month, have primary pulmonary hypertension, hidradenitis suppurativa and pancreatic divisum, but as long as I can make it, I will not ask for help, because to do so is to admit I am weak, and my family raised us that there is no such thing as a weak woman, not to whine, not to depend on others for what we could do for ourselves.  When I am totally unable to do for myself, I pray that will be the day when I will be sent to the crematorium.  I have had doctors urge me to "draw disability."  I am not disabled.  I just had to readjust as to what I could do care for myself.

Gotcha! Thanks for explaining. Sorry I'm being dense this evening.

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2007, 07:21:59 PM »

Laughing  I use my voice mail to wake me up.  I set it to call me if I have someplace to go very early and my DH is away.  I used to tell him to call and remind me but he would get busy doing something and would forget to call, so I set my voice mail so that it would wake me up at that time. Laughing

I use an alarm clock to do the same thing

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »

Lowell Barron had it coming. He has been an idiot for a VERY long time.

Heading out of town... hopefully I will get to sign on here this weekend a little bit... y'all be good!

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
Lowell Barron had it coming. He has been an idiot for a VERY long time.

Heading out of town... hopefully I will get to sign on here this weekend a little bit... y'all be good!

Be careful out there.

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.