April 28, 2024, 11:51:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #636 6/6 - 6/8/2007  (Read 174645 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »

Port Valerie
I see you might be in lurk mode... Just wanted to say thanks for the link to the WPT site Smile

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »

I received an email from a group describing themselves as the “Reward’s Committee” seeking information about the Natalee Holloway reward.  A quick search has not turned up in licensing, permitting, or incorporation records that would indicate that this “Committee” is a legitimate entity.

Thus, one can only presume that this “Committee” has nefarious motivations, including the perpetration of an internet fraud via email.

Content of said email is as follows:

The Natalee Reward site has noticed you have high interest in this subject. With your connections, might you be able to obtain an image of the reward entry Jossy has hosted in the Diario this week.

The Committee very much would like to update their site with this new information. So far we have not seen it anywhere on line.
Others should be able to view this beyond just those in Aruba that may read the Diario.

Reward's Committee.

"Jan Brennan" nhreward@yahoo.com
Full Header information is available

Should this information be forwarded to the family, appropriate authorities, or both?  Laughing
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: June 07, 2007, 07:26:48 PM »

You're welcome, OF. I just did a quick search to find it. I hope it helps you find what you're lurking for.  Smile
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2007, 07:27:35 PM »

IBE if you need a cell phone then email Klaas, I have several that are in good working condition and I can send you one, if what Blah says is true that it can still contact 911 for you.

Klaas, I expect Tim was being modest I just typed that so if you wanted to watch it again so you would know his remarks.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2007, 07:28:03 PM »

I mean, what you're looking for. (Oops. I'm the one who's lurking.)  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: June 07, 2007, 07:28:24 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I received an email from a group describing themselves as the “Reward’s Committee” seeking information about the Natalee Holloway reward.  A quick search has not turned up in licensing, permitting, or incorporation records that would indicate that this “Committee” is a legitimate entity.

Thus, one can only presume that this “Committee” has nefarious motivations, including the perpetration of an internet fraud via email.

The Natalee Reward site has noticed you have high interest in this subject. With your connections, might you be able to obtain an image of the reward entry Jossy has hosted in the Diario this week.

The Committee very much would like to update their site with this new information. So far we have not seen it anywhere on line.
Others should be able to view this beyond just those in Aruba that may read the Diario.

Reward's Committee.

Should this information be forwarded to the family, appropriate authorities, or both?  Laughing

OMG, I can't believe these people!  Tell "the reward committee" she can ask Anita to send her a copy of Diario if it's that important to her.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2007, 07:28:29 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "oldfart"
O/T
How big of pic  ??x?? can we post without blowing the margins..??
TIA

I try to make sure they are less that 6 inches wide. Keep the resolution at 72 pixels/inch.

Klaasend
PhotoBucket says 318x320 & 4400+ bytes  Does not mention inches   Confused  ??not sure what the resolution is either
thanks

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »

BOTH Easy  Laughing

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: June 07, 2007, 07:30:29 PM »

I felt when Klaas first posted moonshadows post that meds on relay would be unhappy, so now she's assuaging her upset by going further on the offensive with the reward.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
O/T
How big of pic  ??x?? can we post without blowing the margins..??
TIA

I try to make sure they are less that 6 inches wide. Keep the resolution at 72 pixels/inch.

Klaasend
PhotoBucket says 318x320 & 4400+ bytes  Does not mention inches   Confused  ??not sure what the resolution is either
thanks

In photobucket - the one that says Website 320 x 240 is the best size.  It's a bit smaller than I like but the next size up is a bit large.  So when I resize in photobucket I pick the 320 x 240.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: June 07, 2007, 07:32:07 PM »

IBE

Klaas is right.  Many cities have programs requesting old cell phones and chargers to be donated to the women's /domestic abuse shelters.  Any cell phone is capable of dialing 911 without a service plan.

Anna

Scary about your daughter.  When my son was in college, some of the guys started a program for the girls that liked to run.  The guys that had big dogs (off campus) signed them out for running with the girls.  The girls stayed safe and the dogs loved the exercise.

BTgirl

I did a stint with the Board of Health, in the inner city schools.  So many, very little, damaged souls and bodies. Even with caring and meals, I believe the early damage, for the most part, is not fixable  Crying or Very sad .  So very sad....and very scary.  Have you followed up on many of the little ones?

My children were very sheltered and quite compassionate.  I learned my lesson about teaching compassion when they decided to volunteer in some unseemly areas.  I was raised in a much bigger city than they and had learned my "what ifs".  I resorted to having them watch "Boys in the Hood" to get an idea of real life.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: June 07, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »

Reward's Committee.

I would respond with the Diario's mailing (not e-mail address)

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: June 07, 2007, 07:35:18 PM »

Reward's Committee.

if the yahoo dot com e-mail doesnt give it away as a fraud, i dont know what does   Laughing  Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: June 07, 2007, 07:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
IBE

Klaas is right.  Many cities have programs requesting old cell phones and chargers to be donated to the women's /domestic abuse shelters.  Any cell phone is capable of dialing 911 without a service plan.

Anna

Scary about your daughter.  When my son was in college, some of the guys started a program for the girls that liked to run.  The guys that had big dogs (off campus) signed them out for running with the girls.  The girls stayed safe and the dogs loved the exercise.

BTgirl

I did a stint with the Board of Health, in the inner city schools.  So many, very little, damaged souls and bodies. Even with caring and meals, I believe the early damage, for the most part, is not fixable  Crying or Very sad .  So very sad....and very scary.  Have you followed up on many of the little ones?

My children were very sheltered and quite compassionate.  I learned my lesson about teaching compassion when they decided to volunteer in some unseemly areas.  I was raised in a much bigger city than they and had learned my "what ifs".  I resorted to having them watch "Boys in the Hood" to get an idea of real life.

Buckeye,

They don't give us any resources for following up on the children.  Sad

What we are doing more of now, though, is enrolling pregnant teens in our program, making sure they have good prenatal care, teaching them parenting skills, and then enrolling the infants when they are born. That seems to be more helpful than waiting until the children are four and trying to help them then. As you say, once the damage occurs it tends not to be fixable.

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2007, 07:36:05 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

Reward's Committee.

if the yahoo dot com e-mail doesnt give it away as a fraud, i dont know what does   Laughing  Laughing

Forward it to the FBI, I would absolutlely !!!!!!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2007, 07:39:20 PM »

Hello, reading at work today.
That woman ( Jan ) should step away from her computer and take stock of what she does with her time.
She could go to the outside of her house and take a look at the yard work that needs to be done. And just do it ! !
What a meddler she is. Aren't you glad she isn't your neighbour ?
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »

innernet fraud
http://www.ic3.gov/

email fraud/internet fraud Deprtment of Justice(go here and read - lots of good info)
http://www.usdoj.gov/spam.htm
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: June 07, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »

Was there an accounting of the Joran legal fund??

How much was donated??  How much spent??  How much were the copying fees??  The trip to Aruba to find the room key and talk to Bootey??
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: June 07, 2007, 07:45:36 PM »

OT: nonesy~ do ya know where I can find the smiley guy wearing a sailor hat in a boat?

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #459 on: June 07, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Was there an accounting of the Joran legal fund??

How much was donated??  How much spent??  How much were the copying fees??  The trip to Aruba to find the room key and talk to Bootey??

Taco bought an industrial size Preparation H. For his mouth.  Embarassed
Oh oh, Lalas is going to write me up, ok me bad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.