April 27, 2024, 08:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #636 6/6 - 6/8/2007  (Read 174523 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #740 on: June 08, 2007, 12:12:47 AM »

Crazymom,  you look beeaattiffuull dawling!   CBB and Klaas, do such great work at keeping us looking spiffy! Wink

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: June 08, 2007, 12:13:50 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "robots"
the guy kidnaps her and then brings the car back ????

if im correct in this.........

i think we need another person helping with the KIDNAPPING

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr Mad

He left his truck there I believe Robots.  Then returned her car and drove away in his truck?  Just one person I think.

thanks

but i figure someone either had to help keep  her quiet in the car as he was driving away... or he drugged her with the fast acting stuff they put over your nose

seems like someone had to help him UNLESS she didnt think she was in danger

i just dont know

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2007, 12:15:35 AM »

Ahem. Hoping to reach a different audience here.

I'm reposting this - I try to do this every day on the LCD. For one thing, there's a link to the hotel, for directions etc.

Posted by Richard on the front page of SM 5/23/07:

The Aruba Tourism Authority will be taking part in a June 27-July 1 event for travel agents only at the Hilton Hotel on 2 Poydras Street in New Orleans.

The event is sponsored by http://www.vacations.com .

As always, VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com is a contact address that will try to link up anyone interested.

We confronted Aruba Tourism Authority in Boston.
We confronted Aruba Tourism Authority in Miami.
Now we can take them on in New Orleans.

Stand up for Natalee!

No justice for Natalee … no tourists for Aruba.

If you’re interested, go to:
SM ATA Travel Show thread, page 6  -
http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1003&start=100

Hilton Neworleans – Riverside – web site:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/MSYNHHH-Hilton-New-Orleans-Riverside-Louisiana/index.do
Two Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
Tel: 1-504-561-0500
The hotel faces the Mississippi River and is “right at” the French Quarter.

Per Richard, a condo is available for June 27-29.

Per Vickie, some folks from BFN are going. The signs from the Miami show will be available.

Donations ($$) are helpful - for flyers, permit fee, maybe parking (not travel/lodging).

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2007, 12:16:14 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Quote from: "crazymom"
knock, knock, knock (tapping on the glass) where is everybody?

Just came back to read again and it does look like everybody disapeared!  Shocked

They are all on the FP reading Shango...er, Gabe's latest tirade.  Denials, denials, denials, that's all I have to say about it.
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #744 on: June 08, 2007, 12:16:40 AM »

Crazymom,  you look beeaattiffuull dawling!   CBB and Klaas, do such great work at keeping us looking spiffy! Wink

Thanks for all the comments!  I wish I was half as good as CBB and Klaas.
They sure do keep us looking festive!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: June 08, 2007, 12:17:15 AM »

He left his truck there I believe Robots.  Then returned her car and drove away in his truck?  Just one person I think.

Then how did her car end up at the Dillards parking lot?  I don't think it was the same center.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: June 08, 2007, 12:18:46 AM »

Robots - I think the guy initially must have had a gun at her head or a knife at her throat. Something like that.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: June 08, 2007, 12:18:54 AM »

well, if his truck was there... wouldnt the police have just gone right to the
TRUCK........ in the parking lot

something wrong here

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:46 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Robots - I think the guy initially must have had a gun at her head or a knife at her throat. Something like that.

yes, it would seem as though something along those lines  Mad

- A Horse's Tale
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: June 08, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"

Then how did her car end up at the Dillards parking lot?  I don't think it was the same center.

I would guess that BOTH states could have a crack at him. The crime obviously BEGAN in Kansas and ended in Missouri. At minimum -- kidnapping in Kansas which resulted in murder.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: June 08, 2007, 12:23:34 AM »

AZSunny - What I have read is that he returned her car to a Macy's parking lot across the street from the Target store. Evidently he then walked across to the Target lot and got his truck.

Go here for a timeline:
http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/139965.html

Other stories at the Kansas City Star - one is a series of photos of the search; you can see Tim Miller in action.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: June 08, 2007, 12:23:55 AM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Quote from: "crazymom"
knock, knock, knock (tapping on the glass) where is everybody?

Just came back to read again and it does look like everybody disapeared!  Shocked

They are all on the FP reading Shango...er, Gabe's latest tirade.  Denials, denials, denials, that's all I have to say about it.

Lots of Tangoing on the front page today.
Did you notice the question by 10061906 about Koen and the possibility he hosted a party that night?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: June 08, 2007, 12:27:13 AM »

From that timeline link - look at what a very short period of time. Robots, he was back in his truck an hour before they reported her missing - and that was just a little over 3 hours after they had talked to her.

7:10 p.m. Smith’s car is seen leaving the parking lot, turning left. Earlier video showed her walking to her car, dropping the packages on the passenger seat of her car and then walking around to the driver’s side. Once there, video shows someone wearing dark shorts sprinting up behind her and forcing her into the car.

Around 8 p.m. Smith’s cell phone signals towers in the area of Missouri 150 and U.S. 71. It signals the towers twice within a 12-minute period. Investigators believe this was the result of Smith’s family calling her cell phone trying to find her.

9:17 p.m. Surveillance video shows Smith’s gray 1987 Buick Regal pulling into the parking lot at the Oak Park Mall Macy’s, across the street from Target. Because it was dark and the video was poor, all that’s visible are the tail lights.

9:29 p.m. Target video shows the dark-colored pickup truck leaving the parking lot.

10:30 p.m. Greg Smith reports his daughter missing.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: June 08, 2007, 12:29:09 AM »

From that timeline link - look at what a very short period of time. Robots, he was back in his truck an hour before they reported her missing - and that was just a little over 3 hours after they had talked to her.

7:10 p.m. Smith’s car is seen leaving the parking lot, turning left. Earlier video showed her walking to her car, dropping the packages on the passenger seat of her car and then walking around to the driver’s side. Once there, video shows someone wearing dark shorts sprinting up behind her and forcing her into the car.

Around 8 p.m. Smith’s cell phone signals towers in the area of Missouri 150 and U.S. 71. It signals the towers twice within a 12-minute period. Investigators believe this was the result of Smith’s family calling her cell phone trying to find her.

9:17 p.m. Surveillance video shows Smith’s gray 1987 Buick Regal pulling into the parking lot at the Oak Park Mall Macy’s, across the street from Target. Because it was dark and the video was poor, all that’s visible are the tail lights.

9:29 p.m. Target video shows the dark-colored pickup truck leaving the parking lot.

thank you very much  Wink

what are you trying to say exactly?

- A Horse's Tale
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: June 08, 2007, 12:30:07 AM »

wreck - kidnapping, across state lines - the feds would have a crack at that too.

(But no death penalty for federal cases. I'm reading that just about everybody wants to do whatever to make it a death penalty case. That may have something to do with the jurisdiction - I don't *know* that, just speculating.)

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: June 08, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »

something wrong here

I think I'm trying to explain that by the time the police knew she was missing, the truck wasn't there anymore ...

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: June 08, 2007, 12:31:56 AM »

something wrong here

I think I'm trying to explain that by the time the police knew she was missing, the truck wasn't there anymore ...

got ya

thanks

- A Horse's Tale
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #757 on: June 08, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »

I was just thinking the same thing.  What was his point?  He grabbed her, drove off to Missouri, (not sure what point he killed her), then just drove back in a very short time span?  Very strange indeed!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
crazybabyborg
« Reply #758 on: June 08, 2007, 12:32:06 AM »

I see Gabe's back. Anything interesting coming out of the front page?

I can't believe that wheelchair story! That poor man!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: June 08, 2007, 12:33:12 AM »

wreck - kidnapping, across state lines - the feds would have a crack at that too.

(But no death penalty for federal cases. I'm reading that just about everybody wants to do whatever to make it a death penalty case. That may have something to do with the jurisdiction - I don't *know* that, just speculating.)

The death penalty is available for some Federal crimes -- but only for cases like mass murder through terrorism (I believe).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.