March 28, 2024, 02:39:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #5 - 3/11/14 - 9-08-14 Body Found  (Read 430048 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25529680/holly-bobo-murder-suspect-jason-autry-denies-charges-claims-he-has-alibi

Holly Bobo Murder Suspect Jason Autry Denies Charges, Claims He Has Alibi
Posted: May 15, 2014 3:47 PM CDT
Updated: May 20, 2014 6:23 PM CDT

We asked him if he killed her.

"No sir. Right hand before God. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I didn't bother that girl in no form or no fashion and I don't know who did," said Autry from his cell at Riverbend Maximum Security Prison.

Autry said he never personally knew Bobo, though he did know of her.

"I didn't now nothing about her other than her dad and my dad and some of our kin knew each other. I went to school with her mother as my school teacher growing up," said Autry.

But, he said he doesn't even know the location of Bobo's home where she was abducted.

"I never went to the house. I never hung out with her on the town. I never, none of that," said Autry.

Autry said he does know his co-defendant Adams as a friend.

But he denied rumors that Autry, Adams and another friend, Shayne Austin, formed a gang known as the A-Train that terrorized the locals in Decatur County for years.

"Some people portray us as big dope dealers and gang members and that's not the case. This is a community that's real small. It was just a few dopeheaded boys just hanging out," said Autry. "Our relationship is what you might call drug-based. The only time we hung out was when we was getting high."

Autry denies that he was involved in some type of drug-induced, crazy plot to kidnap and kill Bobo.

"It never dawned on me that someday I was going to be falsely accused of this," said Autry.

"Jason Autry has been in trouble with the law before," said his attorney Fletcher Long.

But he said there is nothing to link Autry to Bobo's disappearance, much less murder. The TBI has looked, but has yet to find a body.

"You can prosecute without a body, but you better have some pretty convincing circumstantial evidence on death and I don't think they have that here," said Long.

Even if the TBI does have some physical evidence -- perhaps bone fragments or clothing -- it may not matter for Autry.

Long dropped this bombshell: "We may have a strong alibi defense."

Long has indicated that Autry will be able to prove he was far away -- in another county -- when the TBI issued the alert for Holly Bobo.

The TBI has declined to comment on what Autry has said about the investigation.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »

TY grace-land for posting link

hmmm, so aurty knows nothing, yet LE was willing to give him immunity
for info, that he/aurty dosent have,then aurty sues over breech of contract,
for a deal, that he/aurty had no info to give LE for the immunity deal to
work, and then aurty says ZAs bro DA, is just trying to get back at his bro
so DA says ZA was with Holly and killed Holly

getting deep  where is a shovel when you need one

I believe it was a Shayne Austin offered immunity.  All the "A"s are confusing.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/221108680/Complaint-Austin-v-TN

thanks amys sister and buckeye, indeed to many As's
JMO me thinks aurty is trying to cover the backdoor, from the As's and LE

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25568684/bobo-suspect-attorneys-complain-they-dont-get-private-access-to-client

Attorneys For Bobo Murder Suspect Complain They Don't Get Private Access To Client
Posted: May 20, 2014 3:48 PM CDT
Updated: May 20, 2014 5:49 PM CDT
by NICK BERES

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Attorneys for Holly Bobo murder suspect Jason Autry are complaining to the judge in the case that they are not being given private access to their client at Riverbend Maximum Security Prison.

"I'm looking for justice for my client," said attorney Fletcher Long. "This is unacceptable." 

Long and John Herbison are filing a motion with the court stating: Prison officials have so far refused to permit in-person contact between defense counsel and the accused.

Long said during his visits to Riverbend he's been restricted to speaking to Autry through glass and with guards present. 

The Tennessee Department of Corrections issued the following statement Tuesday:

Mr. Autry is in segregation. Inmates in segregation are allowed confidential meetings with their attorneys. The presence of a glass barrier does not infringe upon attorney client privilege or confidentiality. Fletcher Long has not been denied or otherwise had access to his client limited. Mr. Long was granted a video conference with his client, but, unfortunately, Mr. Long chose to squander his time when he circumvented TDOC policy by allowing a member of the media to conduct an unapproved interview with an inmate. TDOC will continue to apply its policies in a consistent manner for all inmates and their attorneys.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25568684/bobo-suspect-attorneys-complain-they-dont-get-private-access-to-client

Attorneys For Bobo Murder Suspect Complain They Don't Get Private Access To Client
Posted: May 20, 2014 3:48 PM CDT
Updated: May 20, 2014 5:49 PM CDT
by NICK BERES

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Attorneys for Holly Bobo murder suspect Jason Autry are complaining to the judge in the case that they are not being given private access to their client at Riverbend Maximum Security Prison.

"I'm looking for justice for my client," said attorney Fletcher Long. "This is unacceptable." 

Long and John Herbison are filing a motion with the court stating: Prison officials have so far refused to permit in-person contact between defense counsel and the accused.

Long said during his visits to Riverbend he's been restricted to speaking to Autry through glass and with guards present. 

The Tennessee Department of Corrections issued the following statement Tuesday:

Mr. Autry is in segregation. Inmates in segregation are allowed confidential meetings with their attorneys. The presence of a glass barrier does not infringe upon attorney client privilege or confidentiality. Fletcher Long has not been denied or otherwise had access to his client limited. Mr. Long was granted a video conference with his client, but, unfortunately, Mr. Long chose to squander his time when he circumvented TDOC policy by allowing a member of the media to conduct an unapproved interview with an inmate. TDOC will continue to apply its policies in a consistent manner for all inmates and their attorneys.

As the article indicate, this is a ridiculous argument as the difference between glass being between an attorny/client or open air is ZERO.  It also does not interfere with legal documents being passed on when appropriate.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25590166/controversy-over-lawyer-access-to-bobo-murder-suspect

Controversy Over Lawyer Access To Bobo Murder Suspect
Posted: May 22, 2014 12:37 PM CDT
Updated: May 22, 2014 6:04 PM CDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The war of words has escalated, and it could jeopardize the case against one of the Holly Bobo murder suspects.

The attorney for suspect Jason Autry said he may ask the judge to dismiss the indictment, claiming Riverbend Maximum Security Prison is hindering Autry's right to a legal defense.

Autry has been charged with the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo. He talked to NewsChannel 5 by closed circuit TV from Riverbend Maximum Security Prison. But Autry's attorney Fletcher Long wants better access.

"They're just messing with me and they can do it at their peril," said Long.

This past week, Long complained that Riverbend has not allowed him face-to-face, private meetings with Autry, who is in segregation.

"We are either interviewing him at his cell or through very thick glass through which I'm not able to hear," Long stated.

"If I can't get access to my client I will ask the court to dismiss the indictment for him being denied effective assistance of counsel," Long concluded.

The state response also read: "Mr. Long was granted a video conference with his client, but, unfortunately, Mr. Long chose to squander his time when he circumvented TDOC policy by allowing a member of the media to conduct an unapproved interview with an inmate."

This referred to him allowing NewsChannel 5 to interview Autry.

"That's my call. That's not Riverbend's call," said Long, who granted the interview so Autry could have his say.

"I think it's fair that if the TBI can have a press conference to call him guilty, then it's fair for him to try the case with public just as they have done," said Long.

The issue will be addressed at Autry's arraignment next Wednesday.
------------------

See information about the lawyer/defense team at the link below:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=11969.200
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2014, 01:23:46 AM »

No idea how the judge will see it, but imo the lawyer's not doing himself or his client any favors with this BS.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25590166/controversy-over-lawyer-access-to-bobo-murder-suspect

"If I can't get access to my client I will ask the court to dismiss the indictment for him being denied effective assistance of counsel," Long concluded.

The state response also read: "Mr. Long was granted a video conference with his client, but, unfortunately, Mr. Long chose to squander his time when he circumvented TDOC policy by allowing a member of the media to conduct an unapproved interview with an inmate."

This referred to him allowing NewsChannel 5 to interview Autry.

"That's my call. That's not Riverbend's call," said Long, who granted the interview so Autry could have his say.

"I think it's fair that if the TBI can have a press conference to call him guilty, then it's fair for him to try the case with public just as they have done," said Long.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »

totally agree texasmom

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2014, 09:58:31 AM »

totally agree texasmom

Is Autry's attorney Long  interested in representing his client and helping him have a fair trial and defend him, or is he trying to scratch up enough dust with the media to make a name for himself?  I cannot for the life of me think why an attorney would allow an interview like that.  It certainly wouldn't be in the defendant's best interest imo.  Maybe Long see's himself as a Tennessee version of Jose Baez?  Autry might want to see about getting a different attorney.  Another thought I have is, maybe the attorney doesn't see much of a defense for his client Autry and is trying to set it up so the case goes to mistrial for incompetent representation...   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #228 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »

totally agree texasmom

Is Autry's attorney Long  interested in representing his client and helping him have a fair trial and defend him, or is he trying to scratch up enough dust with the media to make a name for himself?  I cannot for the life of me think why an attorney would allow an interview like that.  It certainly wouldn't be in the defendant's best interest imo.  Maybe Long see's himself as a Tennessee version of Jose Baez?  Autry might want to see about getting a different attorney.  Another thought I have is, maybe the attorney doesn't see much of a defense for his client Autry and is trying to set it up so the case goes to mistrial for incompetent representation...   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2014, 11:13:21 AM »

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/Two-Men-To-Appear-In-Court--260743261.html

Two Men To Appear In Court In Holly BoBo Case
Updated: Tue 6:23 AM, May 27, 2014

(WBKO)-- --Two men facing charges in the disappearance and murder of Holly Bobo have been scheduled to appear in court this week.

Shayne Austin will be in court at 10 Tuesday morning. Prosecutors originally gave Austin immunity in exchange for his cooperation in the investigation. The Assistant District Attorney General recently voided that agreement after the state said Austin was not completely truthful and forthcoming.

Wednesday, Jason Autry will also be in court..

Autry was charged along with Zachary Adams with first degree-murder and especially aggravated kidnapping charges.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20140527/NEWS01/305270006/Shayne-Austin-set-appear-court-today-about-immunity-agreement-Holly-Bobo-case

Shayne Austin set to appear in court today about immunity agreement in Holly Bobo case
May 27, 2014 4:56 AM

Shayne Kyle Austin will appear before a Chancery Court judge in Decatur County today at 10 a.m. in regard to an immunity agreement concerning the investigation into the disappearance of Decatur County woman Holly Bobo, according to court records.

According to records obtained by The Jackson Sun, prosecutors plan to indict Austin, who previously had been granted immunity in exchange for his cooperation in the investigation.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets

https://twitter.com/JordanBuie

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   11m   
Shayne Austin in Decaturville Chancery Court. #HollyBobo (blue shirt)

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   33m   
The Shayne Austin hearing has been scheduled for 10 am. #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   34m   
Shayne Austin's attorney has filed subpoenas to take depositions from two TBI agents, according to records. #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   38m   
Shayne Austin has arrived in court in Decaturville. #HollyBobo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   3s   
Shayne Austin's attorney said the state maybe has "buyer's remorse" filling an immunity agreement with Austin. #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   25s   
Lawyers are arguing in Decatur County Chancery Court whether the court has jurisdiction over breach of immunity contract.#HollyBobo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   8s   
Chancery Court Judge Carma McGee said she will take a short recess and come back with her decision on whether  to dismiss.  #HollyBobo

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2014, 11:52:56 AM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   7s   
John Herbison, of Clarksville, along with two other attorneys will represent Jason Autry, Herbison said in court Tuesday. #HollyBobo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2014, 11:59:14 AM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   1m   
Jason Autry will be in court tomorrow at 1 pm #HollyBobo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2014, 12:34:57 PM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   1m   
Chancery Court Judge: "This court finds it  does not have subject matter jurisdiction over this case. #HollyBobo

Jordan Buie @JordanBuie     ·   3m   
Karen Bobo just asked for the public to remember her daughter and forget the "sideshow" attorneys are having #HollyBobo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »

May 27, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/sarahbleauFOX13

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13    ·   14m   
Judge says this court does not have jurisdiction and will move case to circuit court.

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   16m   
#HollyBobo's mom: "I'm asking all parents to remember justice for Holly is justice for their children."

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   17m   
#HollyBobo's mother just spoke to us: "I just hope ppl don't forget Holly's rights and ignore this circus side show the attys are having."

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   37m   
Talking with Autry's attorney. Atty in court Wed. about having access to Autry in jail, narrowing down evidence/discovery. #FOX13

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   43m   
Brief recess. Atty Gen says court does not have jurisdiction for Austin's request; Austin's atty says TBI has "buyer's remorse." #FOX13

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   3h   
Shayne Austin just walked into the courthouse with his attorney. Court starts at 10.

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   4h   
Shayne Austin filed for an "immediate injunction" after TBI said his immunity agreement was "null and void," charges would be issued. #FOX13

Sarah Bleau @sarahbleauFOX13     ·   4h   
Alleged third suspect in the #HollyBobo case will be in court this morning regarding his immunity agreement. #FOX13
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25616279/suit-against-holly-bobo-prosecutors-to-be-heard

Suit against Holly Bobo prosecutors transferred to circuit court
Posted: May 27, 2014 4:46 AM CDT
Updated: May 27, 2014 12:30 PM CDT

DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
A judge has ruled that a lawsuit filed by a suspect offered immunity for his testimony against suspects in the disappearance and murder of Holly Bobo will be heard in circuit court.

Decatur County Chancellor Carma D. McGee ruled Tuesday that Shayne Austin's lawsuit against prosecutors over their plans to revoke his immunity agreement should be heard in circuit court.

According to Austin's attorney, prosecutors are trying to indict Austin even though they say he's held up his end of the deal.

"Where is the case? There is no pending criminal case. There is not a criminal case against Shayne Kyle Austin," said Luke Evans during court.

The state was seeking to have the lawsuit dismissed.

News that the state was seeking to revoke the offer of immunity of Austin, 29, was learned on the same day that authorities announced the indictment of Jason Wayne Autry, 39, for kidnapping and the murder of Bobo.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20140527/NEWS01/305270022/Case-over-broken-immunity-deal-could-next-proceed-Circuit-Court-Holly-Bobo-s-mom-asks-her-rights-not-forgotten
Case over broken immunity deal could next proceed to Circuit Court; Holly Bobo's mom asks that her rights not be forgotten
May 27 2014

DECATURVILLE — A judge ruled today that Decatur County Chancery Court does not have jurisdiction over a lawsuit that claims state prosecutors violated an immunity agreement in the criminal case surrounding the kidnapping and killing of Holly Bobo.

Assistant District Attorney General Scott Sutherland and Luke Evans, the attorney for Shayne Austin, argued in Chancery Court today as to whether the court had the jurisdiction to rule on an immunity contract violation involving a criminal case.
obo was abducted from her home in Darden in April 2011. Her body has not been found, but in the past three months the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has charged two men with her murder and kidnapping. According to court records obtained by The Jackson Sun, prosecutors told Evans they planned to also indict Austin, who previously had been granted immunity in exchange for his cooperation in the Bobo investigation.

According to documents filed in Decatur County Chancery Court, Austin received immunity in the Bobo investigation in an agreement signed on March 6. The documents say Austin was given immunity from any criminal charges arising from the Bobo case. In the lawsuit, Evans was seeking a restraining order and temporary injunction to keep prosecutors from indicting Austin.

At one point during today’s hearing, Holly Bobo’s mother, Karen Bobo, approached the benches were the media were sitting.

“I want to remind people not to forget about Holly’s rights and justice for Holly and to ignore the sideshow the attorneys are having about (their clients’) rights,” she said.

During the hearing, Sutherland argued, “This court does have jurisdiction over a breach of contract, but not in a criminal case. The end result of those charges is for another day, another court.”

Evans, on the other hand, argued that the Chancery Court is the only place Austin had to file his grievance because Austin has not yet been criminally charged.

“The state bargained for a benefit. Mr. Shayne Austin bargained for a benefit,” Evans said. “Immunity agreements are great things. They help effectuate justice.”
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.