March 29, 2024, 02:20:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #5 - 3/11/14 - 9-08-14 Body Found  (Read 430124 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: December 22, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/DA-to-Request-Special-Prosecutor-for-Bobo-Case-as-TBI-Resumes-Services-to-24th-Judicial-District-286293431.html
TBI: Stowe requests prosecutor to replace him in Bobo case; support resumes in district
December 18, 2014

NASHVILLE -- The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has resumed support in the 24th Judicial District as District Attorney Matt Stowe requests a special prosecutor to replace him in the Holly Bobo case, according to a release from the TBI.

"Stowe has submitted a request to the Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference for the appointment of a pro tem to proceed with the prosecution of the three defendants charged in the Holly Bobo case," the release states.

Along with this decision, TBI support has been resumed to the 24th Judicial District, which includes Benton, Carroll, Decatur, Hardin and Henry counties, according to the release.

"We are committed to our relationship with those local law enforcement agencies and hope to do what we can to provide the excellent investigative and forensic resources to which they’re accustomed,” TBI Director Mark Gwyn says in the statement.

The compromise comes as a result of "thorough conversations" Thursday, the release states.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: January 01, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/crime/2015/01/01/defense-attorneys-in-bobo-case-ask-judge-to-drop-charges/21153445/

Defense attorneys in Bobo case ask judge to drop charges
5:56 p.m. CST January 1, 2015

DECATURVILLE —
Attorneys for two men charged with kidnapping and murdering Holly Bobo are asking for those charges to be dismissed, citing lack of evidence.

WTVF-TV reports the motion by the attorneys for Zach Adams and Jason Autry states that they have yet to receive "dental records analysis and forensic studies" of a skull that law enforcement says is Bobo's.

Adams is scheduled to be in court again on Jan. 21 for a motions hearing, at which the judge could hear arguments on the defense's motion along with any other motions that are filed. Autry is scheduled for a motions hearing on Jan. 14 along with Zach Adams' brother Dylan Adams, who is charged with rape in the case. All three are expected to also file motions to seek a change of venue to move their trials out of Decatur County.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: January 05, 2015, 11:16:31 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/01/05/district-attorney-holly-bobo-case/21295691/

New district attorney to be chosen in Bobo case this week
7:04 p.m. CST January 5, 2015

A state official says he is close to naming a new district attorney pro tem who will take over the prosecution duties of the Holly Bobo case.

Almost three weeks ago a public dispute between District Attorney General Matt Stowe and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn resulted in Stowe stepping away from the investigation. A new prosecutor will be named later this week, according to Wally Kirby, executive director of Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference.

It will be Kirby's job to name a new attorney to prosecute the case.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #623 on: January 06, 2015, 11:46:17 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/01/06/defense-subpoena-da-bobo-case-new-prosecutor-chosen/21363997/

Defense to subpoena DA in Bobo case; new prosecutor chosen

Jordan Buie, The Jackson Sun 7:07 p.m. CST January 6, 2015

Shelby Co. Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Nichols is chosen as new prosecutor on case

On Tuesday a new prosecutor was appointed in the Holly Bobo murder case, and a defense attorney said he plans to subpoena the former prosecutor as a witness.

Clarksville attorney Fletcher Long, who represents defendant Jason Autry, said Tuesday that he will subpoena 24th Judicial District Attorney General Matt Stowe as a defense witness.

Long said Stowe may have information that will help his client. 

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: January 07, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/01/06/defense-subpoena-da-bobo-case-new-prosecutor-chosen/21363997/

Defense to subpoena DA in Bobo case; new prosecutor chosen

Jordan Buie, The Jackson Sun 7:07 p.m. CST January 6, 2015

Shelby Co. Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Nichols is chosen as new prosecutor on case

On Tuesday a new prosecutor was appointed in the Holly Bobo murder case, and a defense attorney said he plans to subpoena the former prosecutor as a witness.

Clarksville attorney Fletcher Long, who represents defendant Jason Autry, said Tuesday that he will subpoena 24th Judicial District Attorney General Matt Stowe as a defense witness.

Long said Stowe may have information that will help his client. 

Thank you for the information, SuzyQ.  I wonder what's up with this?  I guess we'll have to wait a bit to find out.  As much as I want justice for Holly, I'd like to be sure the person/s are held accountable.  The Christina Mortensen case comes to mind, where the prosecution held information and then there was a six year fight to test DNA, all of which caused her innocent husband Michael to spend 25 years in prison.  It's not enough to get a conviction. It has to be the ones truly responsible.  I hope there hasn't been misconduct, because it could cause problems in the case.  I feel so badly for Holly's family.  They have been through so much, and now this.     I don't know who is innocent and who is guilty of what in Holly's case, because it hasn't been tried.  I hope the horrible nightmare the Bobo family is going through is over soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #625 on: January 07, 2015, 10:29:49 PM »

At the least it is going to postpone the trial for awhile. This new DA is going to have to get up to speed .
I know what it is like to wait on a trial. It is like time has stood still and you are just treading water. You live for the next court date, so I feel very sorry for the Bobo family. Just glad they have such a good support system.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: January 08, 2015, 08:27:47 AM »

At the least it is going to postpone the trial for awhile. This new DA is going to have to get up to speed .
I know what it is like to wait on a trial. It is like time has stood still and you are just treading water. You live for the next court date, so I feel very sorry for the Bobo family. Just glad they have such a good support system.

(bolded by me)
I'm so sorry you had to go through waiting for trial to bring justice for the deaths of your loved ones.  I've not forgotten SuzieQ.    Although I haven't had this type of experience, I've seen enough times where victims and/or their families wait and wait for trial, and the trial continues to be delayed.  Oftentimes it's for the benefit of the accused, by the defense.  Sometimes it's because testing hasn't come back and sometimes it's court back log.  The waiting seems to take it's toll, and then the victims and/or their loved ones relive the crimes all over again at trial.  I think sometimes the victims are on the back burner, whether intended or not.  I agree with you SuzieQ about the Bobo's having a good support system. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: January 10, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27798374/deputy-da-jennifer-nichols-speaks-on-holly-bobo-murder-investigation
Deputy DA Jennifer Nichols speaks on Holly Bobo murder investigation
Posted: Jan 08, 2015 10:23 PM CST
Updated: Jan 09, 2015 8:05 AM CST

SHELBY COUNTY, TN (WMC) -
Seasoned and well-respected Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Nichols is the new prosecutor handling the Holly Bobo murder case.

Nichols was appointed in the fall, but was taken off the case by District Attorney Amy Weirich after the 24th District Attorney Matt Stowe accused the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation of misconduct in their investigation of the Bobo case.

"I wasn't part of that," explained Nichols.

The Shelby County District Attorney's office took over as prosecutor in the Bobo case after things were smoothed over between Stowe and the TBI. Stowe has excused himself from the case.

"At the end of the day, this is a first degree murder case," said Nichols. "The elements of the case don't change."

Nichols cannot discuss the specifics of the case, but she knows a lot of people will be watching because of the interest in the Bobo murder.

"You have to prove the same thing that you would on a case that isn't a high profile case," Nichols added.

Holly Bobo disappeared in April 2011. Her body was discovered in September 2014. Zach Adams and Jason Autry have been charged with kidnapping and murder. Adam's brother, Dylan Adams, is charged with rape.

A trial date has not yet been set in the Holly Bobo murder case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: January 10, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »

January 7, 2015 Tweets
https://twitter.com/KRufener_WREG3

Katie Rufener @KRufener_WREG3  ·  Jan 7
Karen Bobo tells me, "I'm very excited to have DA Jennifer Nichols on Holly's case. I'm confident she'll be able to get justice." #HollyBobo

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: January 13, 2015, 10:24:00 PM »

Hopefully the judge will not remove Nichols.  She seems competent, and Karen Bobo wants her as the prosecutor.  jmo

http://wreg.com/2015/01/13/defense-attorney-wants-prosecutor-removed-in-holly-bobo-case/

Defense attorney wants prosecutor removed in Holly Bobo case
Posted 2:29 pm, January 13, 2015, by Katie Rufener   

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. — Defense attorneys involved in the Holly Bobo case are asking a judge to remove newly assigned prosecutor Jennifer Nichols.

An attorney for Zach Adams, who is accused of kidnapping and murdering Holly Bobo, said there is no legal or logical reason for Nichols to be appointed.

A judge will make the final decision.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: January 13, 2015, 10:28:37 PM »

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Former-jailer-reports-threats-related-to-Zach-Adams-assassination-plot-288468711.html

Former jailer reports being asked to help assassinate Holly Bobo suspect
Story Created: Jan 13, 2015 at 5:27 PM CST 
(Story Updated: Jan 13, 2015 at 6:52 PM CST  )

CHESTER COUNTY, Tenn. -- A former employee of the Chester County Jail has received threatening phone calls related to the Holly Bobo case and involving a plot to assassinate Zach Adams, according to sheriff's office reports.

Tommy Joe Austin reported receiving a call around 9 a.m. Sunday in which the caller told him he previously had the opportunity to "take care of" Zach Adams, according to a report from the Chester County Sheriff's Office.

Adams, one of two men charged with murder and kidnapping in the disappearance of Holly Bobo, previously has been held at the Chester County Jail.

The caller went on to tell Austin he will "pay the price" if Adams "gets off," the report states.

The caller also reportedly asked Austin how his son was doing and how the rain was at the time.

Austin said he could not tell whether the caller was a male or female.

In April of last year, Austin reported being called by an unknown male who allegedly offered to help assassinate Adams while he was transported to or from court, according to a separate report.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: January 14, 2015, 09:21:06 AM »

January 7, 2015 Tweets

Karen Bobo tells me, "I'm very excited to have DA Jennifer Nichols on Holly's case. I'm confident she'll be able to get justice." #HollyBobo

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #632 on: January 23, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »

January 7, 2015 Tweets

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: January 24, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/01/23/tbi-holly-bobo-evidence-analysis/22214645/

TBI: Analysis of evidence in Holly Bobo case finished
9:53 a.m. CST January 23, 2015

Authorities say they have completed their analysis of more than 460 pieces of evidence in the case of a woman whose partial remains were found three years after her disappearance, possibly bringing defense attorneys a step closer to seeing how prosecutors have linked their clients to her.

Two men, Zachary Adams and Jason Autry, were arrested last spring and charged with murder and kidnapping in the case of Holly Bobo, a nursing student who was 20 when she disappeared from her Decatur County home in April 2011. In October, John Dylan Adams was charged with raping Bobo. All have pleaded not guilty.

No trial has been set, and the defendants' lawyers have filed a motion to dismiss the charges. The attorneys said they had not received any evidence linking their clients to the crime. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokesman Josh DeVine said Thursday that some hair samples have been sent to the FBI for testing, but the TBI has analyzed all the evidence it has received.

Still, it was unclear when the defense would receive any information. District Attorney General Matt Stowe told The Associated Press that they would get the evidence they're requesting "at some point."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: February 10, 2015, 09:04:59 PM »

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2015/02/09/jailer-accused-filing-false-report-related-holly-bobo-case/23124425/

False report charge after jailer claims threats regarding Bobo defendant
12:06 p.m. CST February 9, 2015

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has indicted a former Chester County jailer on charges of filing a false report stating he was threatened for not “taking care’ of a defendant in the Holly Bobo case.

TBI special agents began investigating Tommy Joe Austin on Jan. 14, after Austin — a former jailer in Chester County — filed a report the day before with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office that said he received a phone call threatening violence against him and his son for not “taking care” of Zach Adams, an indicted defendant in the Holly Bobo case previously in custody in Chester County.

“During the course of the investigation, however, agents developed information Austin was not truthful about the reported threat,” a press release stated Monday. “On Feb. 2, the Madison County grand jury returned an indictment for Austin, charging the 47-year-old Reagan man with one count of filing a false report.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: February 11, 2015, 11:05:39 PM »

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2015/02/09/jailer-accused-filing-false-report-related-holly-bobo-case/23124425/

False report charge after jailer claims threats regarding Bobo defendant
12:06 p.m. CST February 9, 2015

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has indicted a former Chester County jailer on charges of filing a false report stating he was threatened for not “taking care’ of a defendant in the Holly Bobo case.

TBI special agents began investigating Tommy Joe Austin on Jan. 14, after Austin — a former jailer in Chester County — filed a report the day before with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office that said he received a phone call threatening violence against him and his son for not “taking care” of Zach Adams, an indicted defendant in the Holly Bobo case previously in custody in Chester County.

“During the course of the investigation, however, agents developed information Austin was not truthful about the reported threat,” a press release stated Monday. “On Feb. 2, the Madison County grand jury returned an indictment for Austin, charging the 47-year-old Reagan man with one count of filing a false report.”

I really hope some of the shenanigans like this one and the dust up concerning the district attorney/prosecutor stop!  What a mess.  I wonder what else is going to come out of the wood work?  Holly Bobo and her family deserve justice.  JMHO

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:23 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/28180498/suspect-key-witness-in-holly-bobo-murder-found-dead#ixzz3SR84fmlD

Suspect, key witness in Holly Bobo murder found dead

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 4:40 PM CST

Shayne Austin, who has not been indicted and was originally offered immunity for his testimony in the case, apparently committed suicide out-of-state, according Luke Evans, Austin's attorney.

"Obviously a tragic loss for the Austin family and they are besides themselves with grief," said Evans.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/28180498/suspect-key-witness-in-holly-bobo-murder-found-dead#ixzz3SR84fmlD
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #637 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:22 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/whitneyduncan/posts/10153587391716521

Whitney Duncan
1 hr ·
Prayers to Shayne's family. I'm sure they loved him and are mourning his suicide. We were in the same class in 3rd grade...who would've thought that he'd grow up to be one of the evil monsters that murdered my cousin, Holly Bobo. Now he's finding out just how hot Hell is. Personally, I'm glad he can't take another innocent life. ‪#‎justiceforHolly‬

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #638 on: February 24, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: February 26, 2015, 11:12:22 PM »

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/OFFICIALS-Holly-Bobo-witness-death-not-suspicious-294145301.html

Officials: Holly Bobo key witness's death not suspicious
Story Created: Feb 25, 2015 at 10:41 PM CST 
(Story Updated: Feb 26, 2015 at 12:19 PM CST  )

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. -- Florida officials confirmed a key witness in the Holly Bobo murder case was found dead late Monday morning in an area motel.

Medical officials in Bartow, Fla., said they found no visible signs of cause of death on Shayne Austin and do not consider his death suspicious. The medical examiner said no suicide note was found.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.