March 28, 2024, 10:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #5 - 3/11/14 - 9-08-14 Body Found  (Read 430034 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: February 26, 2015, 11:15:51 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-ties-tennessee-murder-found-dead-florida-29259177

Man With Ties to Tennessee Murder Found Dead in Florida
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Feb 26, 2015, 7:22 PM ET

The body of Shayne Austin was found in a hotel room in Bartow, Florida, on Monday, said Sgt. Eric Sherouse, a detective with the Bartow police department. Sherouse said Austin was hanged.

Sherouse said evidence points to Austin committing suicide. An autopsy will determine the official cause of death.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: February 28, 2015, 02:53:39 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-ties-tennessee-murder-found-dead-florida-29259177

Man With Ties to Tennessee Murder Found Dead in Florida
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Feb 26, 2015, 7:22 PM ET

The body of Shayne Austin was found in a hotel room in Bartow, Florida, on Monday, said Sgt. Eric Sherouse, a detective with the Bartow police department. Sherouse said Austin was hanged.

Sherouse said evidence points to Austin committing suicide. An autopsy will determine the official cause of death.

Woah...my heart just sank he was right here with me...ugh. Gives me the creeps.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: March 19, 2015, 06:07:52 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/03/17/attorney-bobo-case-wants-evidence-da-held-contempt/24939017/

Attorney in Bobo case wants evidence or DA held in contempt
9:11 p.m. CDT March 17, 2015

An attorney for Jason Autry, a defendant in the Holly Bobo case, filed motions in the Decatur County Courthouse on Tuesday, requesting evidence against his client be turned over, charges be dismissed or that the district attorney over the case be held in contempt of court.

Autry has been charged with the first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping of 20-year-old nursing student Bobo, who disappeared from her home in Decatur County on April 13, 2011.

John Herbison, who represents Autry along with attorney Fletcher Long, said he has still not seen a bill of particulars laying out the charges against his client, although the judge in the case ordered the evidence be turned over by Dec. 24.

"We are asking the court to dismiss the charges against my client," Herbison said. "If not, we are asking the judge to hold the district attorney pro tem in contempt of court, and to commit her to jail until she complies with the court orders."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: March 19, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/03/18/prosecutor-responds-motion-holly-bobo-case/24997239/

Prosecutor responds to motion in Holly Bobo case
9 p.m. CDT March 18, 2015

Shelby County Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Nichols, the prosecutor in the Holly Bobo case, released a statement Wednesday evening responding to a defense attorney's motion that requests she turn over evidence or be held in contempt of court.

"I've read the motion, disagree with many of the assertions and will file a written response in due course," Nichols said in a written statement to The Tennessean. "Defense counsel failed to mention that one of the other defense attorneys in this case filed a Motion to Vacate my appointment the day after I was appointed. So, step one is to wait for the judge to rule on the Motion to Vacate next month and he either confirms me as the special prosecutor or removes me from the case. Step two, (depending on the judge's ruling in step one) will include answering defense motions, filing our own motions, engaging in the discovery process and requesting a trial date."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: March 20, 2015, 07:26:16 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/03/18/prosecutor-responds-motion-holly-bobo-case/24997239/

Prosecutor responds to motion in Holly Bobo case
9 p.m. CDT March 18, 2015

Shelby County Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Nichols, the prosecutor in the Holly Bobo case, released a statement Wednesday evening responding to a defense attorney's motion that requests she turn over evidence or be held in contempt of court.

"I've read the motion, disagree with many of the assertions and will file a written response in due course," Nichols said in a written statement to The Tennessean. "Defense counsel failed to mention that one of the other defense attorneys in this case filed a Motion to Vacate my appointment the day after I was appointed. So, step one is to wait for the judge to rule on the Motion to Vacate next month and he either confirms me as the special prosecutor or removes me from the case. Step two, (depending on the judge's ruling in step one) will include answering defense motions, filing our own motions, engaging in the discovery process and requesting a trial date."

The politicking behind the scenes is becoming more and more apparent, and I am concerned it has already affected Holly's case.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: April 02, 2015, 11:23:49 AM »

this case has and has had more twists and turns than a snake.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #646 on: April 02, 2015, 08:04:37 PM »

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: April 02, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »

this case has and has had more twists and turns than a snake.

Speaking of snakes... I think there are a number of snakes in the grass in this case.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #648 on: April 13, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »

Never forgotten.  an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/whitneyduncan/photos/a.10152367632781521.1073741825.29189621520/10153734689406521/?type=1

Whitney Duncan
19 mins ·
On this day, 4 years ago, my cousin Holly Bobo was kidnapped. Remembering her today & praying for my family to continue to be strong. I know she is in Heaven looking down on us, and we will see her again one day. Her favorite Bible verse: "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me." Phil 4:13

Justice for Holly!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: April 13, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »

Holly has not been forgotten.  We're waiting for justice!!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: April 16, 2015, 09:54:35 PM »

Agree!   
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: April 16, 2015, 10:09:10 PM »

Good...now let's get this case moving! 

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/04/15/special-prosecutor-holly-bobo-case/25815809/

Judge allows special prosecutor to stay on Holly Bobo case
2:15 p.m. CDT April 15, 2015

Shelby County Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Nichols (left) was approved as an eligible prosecutor in the Holly Bobo case Wednesday in Decatur County Circuit Court. Nichols said that now prosecutors can move forward with proceedings in the Bobo case. (Photo: MEGAN SMITH/The Jackson Sun)

DECATURVILLE - Decatur County Circuit Judge C. Creed McGinley refused a request to remove prosecutor Jennifer Nichols from the Holly Bobo case today in response to a motion filed by defense attorneys for suspects Zachary and John Dylan Adams.

McGinley decided not to remove Nichols from the case, after asking if she would make a statement in her own defense.

"I state unequivocally as an officer of the court that I do not have a conflict," Nichols said.

THE JACKSON SUN
VIDEO: Special Prosecutor Will Remain on Bobo Case

"You ought to be flattered," McGinley said as Nichols spoke. "They've been trying to get you off this case."

McGinley said if Nichols believed she did not have a conflict in the case, he would allow her to remain as special prosecutor, and determined her appointment was valid.

Nichols said she and Ray Lepone, assistant district attorney, would begin immediately working on this case.

Additional motions will be heard in the case on June 3 at 9 a.m. Fletcher Long, attorney for suspect Jason Autry, said he intends to file motions requesting evidence in the case be turned over to the defense or that Autry's charges be dropped.

Zach Adams and Autry are charged with the murder and kidnapping of Holly Bobo, 20, who was abducted from outside her Decatur County home in April 2011. Zach Adams' brother Dylan is charged with rape.

Bobo's partial remains were found in the woods in September, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: April 25, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »

Agree!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: April 29, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »

So sad. 
Video at the link

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28927961/hunter-who-found-holly-bobos-remains-speaks-out

Hunter Who Found Holly Bobo's Remains Speaks Out
Posted: Apr 29, 2015 8:47 AM CDT
Updated: Apr 29, 2015 8:47 AM CDT

Eight months ago, police say Larry Stone stumbled upon the remains of missing nursing student, Holly Bobo. This week, Stone spoke out for the first time.

“I was facing the ravine this way (and) it was like somebody said 'Hey turn around. Here I am,'” Stone said.

“You're standing there looking at remains that you know belongs to someone that was loved and you're looking at the ground and you're seeing your daughter laying there. It hits home. I just wanna say to the Bobo's that I'm sorry for their loss." 

All three men are due back in court on June 3, 2015.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: April 29, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »

So sad. 
Video at the link

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/28927961/hunter-who-found-holly-bobos-remains-speaks-out

Hunter Who Found Holly Bobo's Remains Speaks Out
Posted: Apr 29, 2015 8:47 AM CDT
Updated: Apr 29, 2015 8:47 AM CDT

Eight months ago, police say Larry Stone stumbled upon the remains of missing nursing student, Holly Bobo. This week, Stone spoke out for the first time.

“I was facing the ravine this way (and) it was like somebody said 'Hey turn around. Here I am,'” Stone said.

“You're standing there looking at remains that you know belongs to someone that was loved and you're looking at the ground and you're seeing your daughter laying there. It hits home. I just wanna say to the Bobo's that I'm sorry for their loss." 

All three men are due back in court on June 3, 2015.

I agree grace-land, it is sad.  And yet I'm grateful Larry Stone found at least partial remains of Holly. 

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: April 30, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »

Hugs to Holly's family and friends. Stay strong.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: May 18, 2015, 12:34:51 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/special-reports/abduction-holly-bobo/2015/05/13/new-lawyer-holly-bobo-case-expect-delay/27268985/

New lawyer in Holly Bobo case doesn't expect delay
6:34 p.m. CDT May 13, 2015

The new lead defense attorney for one of the men charged with the first-degree murder and kidnapping of Holly Bobo said he doesn't think the change in attorneys will cause further delay in the case.

Mike Flanagan will become the main defense attorney for Jason Autry after Autry's previous attorney, Fletcher Long, was found guilty of extortion in another case Tuesday. Long will no longer be part of Autry's defense team.

Flanagan, who has worked on Autry's case with Long, told The Jackson Sun that the transition to his new role as the lead defense attorney for Autry will be seamless.

"I don't see any reason for a delay," Flanagan said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: May 20, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/story/29117545/dylan-adams-charged-in-rape-murder-of-holly-bobo
Dylan Adams charged in rape, murder of Holly Bobo
May 20, 2015

All together, three people face charges in connection with the case, including Jason Autry and Dylan Adams' brother, Zach Adams.

Until Wednesday, Dylan Adams only faced charges for rape and tampering with evidence.

A grand jury indicted Dylan Adams Tuesday afternoon for first-degree murder, especially aggravated kidnapping and especially aggravated rape.

The way the charges are written may spell out more about what exactly investigators think happened in the case.

In Bobo's kidnapping, the charges say it was done with the use of a deadly weapon, and the kidnapping caused serious bodily injury.

Dylan Adams faces three counts of aggravated rape. Those charges read aggravated rape with a deadly weapon, aggravated rape with serious bodily injury and aggravated rape with one or more persons.

He is also charged with first-degree murder in perpetration of a kidnapping and rape.

Zach Adams and Jason Autry will also face the same charges.

It's unclear what brought about the new charges - whether it's new information or simply the fact that a prosecuting attorney has taken over the case.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: May 20, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschannel5/news/Dylan-Adams-Charged-With-Kidnapping-Murder-In-Holly-Bobo-Case-304481611.html
Dylan Adams Charged With Kidnapping, Murder In Holly Bobo Case
May 20, 2015

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – John Dylan Adams, one of three suspects charged in connection with the Holly Bobo case, has now been indicted on charges of kidnapping and murder.

NewsChannel 5 has learned that Adams was indicted on additional charges after a special grand jury met Tuesday. He was already jailed on two counts of rape in the case.

According to Vince Higgins, the Communications Director for the Office of Shelby County District Attorney General, Dylan Adams, along with his older brother, Zach, and Jason Autry have all been indicted on first-degree murder in the perpetration of a felony, especially aggravated kidnapping, first-degree murder in the perpetration of a felony, to wit: aggravated rape and premeditated first degree murder.

According to agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Adams was involved in the forcible rape of Bobo on April 13, 2011, the day she went missing from her family's home in Darden. He later pleaded not guilty to those charges.

Zach Adams was arrested last spring and charged with murder and kidnapping, along with Jason Autry. Both also pleaded not guilty.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: May 21, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

http://wkrn.com/2015/05/20/3rd-person-now-charged-in-holly-bobos-disappearance-murder/
8-count indictment handed down for 3 men in Holly Bobo case
Published May 20, 2015, Updated May 21, 2015

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – The special prosecutor in Holly Bobo murder case secured a new indictment charging all previously charged men with murder, rape and kidnapping.

The superseding indictment handed down by a Decatur County grand jury Tuesday combined the charges against Zachary Adams, his brother Dylan Adams, and Jason Autry in connection with the kidnapping and murder of nursing student Holly Bobo in April 2011.

The 8-count indictment charges all three men with three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, and three counts of aggravated rape.

According to the indictments, counts one and three of first degree murder are associated with the kidnapping of Bobo , and count two of murder is associated with the premeditated murder of Bobo.

Previously, Zachary Adams and Autry were indicted together for especially aggravated kidnapping and murder. Dylan Adams was previously indicted on two counts of aggravated rape.

The new indictment combines all of the above charges against all three men into one case.
Nashville Criminal Defense Attorney David Raybin, who is not associated with case, was shown the indictments, which are part of public record, for his legal expertise.

“It is not uncommon for prosecutors to want a superseding indictment where you obtain additional information on additional suspects or on an additional charge,” Raybin explained. “It puts everything in a single indictment and the old indictment goes away.”

The prosecutio’s case under the guidance of Decatur County District Attorney General Matt Stowe had a public setback when the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation pulled out of the investigation.

Stowe then recused himself, and Shelby County Prosecutor Jennifer Nichols was appointed to take over.

However, shortly after the appointment, attorneys for both Zachary and Dylan Adams filed motions to have her appointment reversed.

In April, Judge Creed McGinley ruled Nichols would stay on the case.

“I think it’s an indication that the state has gotten its act together and that they have avoided the problems with the previous prosecutor that may have existed,” Raybin said. “Now they are on track.”

He continued, “I think they are moving along toward a trial in the case.”

Raybin also said it is likely defense attorneys will soon file motions to sever the cases of the men charged.

“Attorneys often do not want the jury to decide on both cases,” he said.

The family of Holly Bobo did not comment on the new charges when reached Thursday.

Prosecutor Nichols has not announced if she will seek the death penalty against the three men.

They are scheduled for an arraignment on June 3rd at 9 a.m. in Decatur County.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.