March 28, 2024, 06:09:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #5 - 3/11/14 - 9-08-14 Body Found  (Read 430008 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: August 18, 2016, 10:11:58 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/crime/2016/08/17/holly-bobo-case-trials-likely-leave-decatur-co/88874414/

Holly Bobo case trials likely to leave Decatur Co.
Maranda Faris, The Jackson Sun 6:53 p.m. CDT August 17, 2016

DECATURVILLE — Judge Creed McGinley still expects to have a trial in the Holly Bobo murder case in April 2017, but who goes to trial then depends on the outcome of motions to suppress statements made by the three defendants.

At a scheduling hearing Wednesday morning in Decatur County, McGinley said he expects defense attorneys to file motions seeking to exclude statements that defendants Zachary Adams, Dylan Adams and Jason Autry made to investigators. The judge said the defendants may have separate trials but that won't be determined until motions are heard in court.

McGinley also said it is likely the case will be moved out of Decatur County closer to the trial date in April.

Attorneys are scheduled to potentially return to court on Sept. 28, but that date could be reset, McGinley said. A three-day span for motions hearings is set for Nov. 15 through Nov. 17.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: September 23, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/crime/2016/02/03/defense-attorney-holly-bobo-case-suspended/79788866/

Defense attorney in Holly Bobo case suspended
Maranda Faris, The Jackson Sun 11:48 a.m. CST February 4, 2016

John Herbison, a Montgomery County attorney who has represented Jason Autry on charges related to Holly Bobo's death, has had his law license suspended for two years, according to the Board of Professional Responsibility.

Herbison was suspended Tuesday, according to the board's website.

Herbison will not be allowed to practice for 60 days, according to a release by the Board of Professional Responsibility. For the remainder of the suspension he will be able to practice but a monitor must observe his work.

Autry's former attorney Fletcher Long lost his law license in September 2015.

It is currently unknown if Herbison's suspension will impact the Holly Bobo case.

Autry is also represented by James Simmons, an attorney in Hendersonville, in Sumner County.

Autry is charged with premeditated murder, and murder in the perpetration of aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape in the death of Holly Bobo. Zachary and Dylan Adams are co-defendants in the case.

good grief! 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #682 on: November 15, 2016, 07:00:34 PM »

http://wkrn.com/2016/11/15/hearing-scheduled-for-suspects-in-holly-bobo-case/

Trial dates set for 3 men accused of killing Holly Bobo
WKRN web staff
Published: November 15, 2016, 3:49 am  Updated: November 15, 2016, 6:15 pm

There are two videos inside this story. Click here to see both from your mobile device.

PARSONS, Tenn. (WKRN) – A judge decided on court dates Tuesday for the three men accused in the high-profile Holly Bobo case.

As it stands, the judge has not yet decided if suspects Zachary Adams and Dylan Adams will be tried together or separately. The men for now are slated to go to trial April 3.

The third suspect in the case, Jason Autry, will go to trial three months later on July 10.

Holly Bobo’s remains were found Sept. 2014.

All three men are each charged with raping and killing the then 21-year-old nursing student in April 2011.

Bobo’s remains were found more than three years after her disappearance in 2014 by two farmers in Holladay, Tennessee, which is about 90 miles west of Nashville.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: November 27, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/holly-bobo-trial-will-be-logistical-nightmare
Holly Bobo Trial Will Be "Logistical Nightmare"
November 16, 2016

SAVANNAH, Tenn. - On Tuesday a judge made clear that the high profile trial of the three men accused of killing nursing student Holly Bobo will move forward in 2017, but the trial is likely to be an expensive, complicated process.

Bobo went missing from her home in Parson, Tennessee in 2011 - three men have been charged in her death, Zach Adams, his brother Dylan and Jason Autry.

The first trial for either Zach Adams or Dylan Adams is set to begin in April of next year, and on Tuesday a judge indicated a change of venue is likely on the horizon. The trial will more than likely be held in Savannah, Tennessee about 45 miles from Decaturville where all three men were originally charged.

It will likely be the responsibility of Decatur County Sheriff's Officers to provide security for the Holly Bobo trial, Sheriff Byrd says it will create some logistical challenges.

"Wherever the case goes it will be Decatur County’s responsibility to foot the bill. It may cost the county thousands to prosecute this case," he said.

Securing the courthouse in Hardin County will likely mean bringing in metal detectors, Xray machines and K9's.

The jury for the trial will likely be brought in from another county in Tennessee, although it's unclear where.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #684 on: March 10, 2017, 09:44:50 PM »

Zach Adams trial pushed back in Holly Bobo case; Autry may not have one

http://wkrn.com/2017/03/01/holly-bobo-trial-now-to-begin-in-july/

WKRN web staff
 Published: March 1, 2017, 11:17 am  |  Updated: March 1, 2017, 10:33 pm

DECATURVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A judge decided Wednesday morning that the trial for Zachary Adams, one of the men accused in the high-profile Holly Bobo case, will not begin until July–while another suspect may not even have one.

Adams’ trial was initially scheduled to begin in April in Hardin County, Tennessee.

Judge Creed McGinley gave several reasons for moving the date, including it would have fallen over Easter and near the anniversary of Bobo’s disappearance.

Despite the delay, the process for selection will begin next week and 550 summons have been sent to potential jurors in Hardin County.

News 2 also learned Jason Autry, who faces the same charges, will probably not go to trial.

During court Wednesday, the judge didn’t elaborate on why. However, News 2 obtained a new motion filed by Zach Adams’ attorney that lays out the details.

According to the filing, Autry confessed on Jan. 20 this year to taking part in the kidnapping, rape, and murder of Bobo. Autry reportedly gave a statement to the state of Tennessee detailing his involvement.

2 4 1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: April 06, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »

Holly Bobo murder trial: Jury selection begins after months of delays
Published April 06, 2017

On an April morning nearly six years ago, nursing student Holly Bobo walked out of her parent's rural Tennessee home on her way to school when she was abducted in a case that sparked the largest manhunt in state history.

The 20-year-old's partial remains were found in 2014, and three men were charged with her kidnapping, rape and murder.

On Wednesday, jury selection began in the trial of Zach Adams, 32, the first suspect to be tried in the case. Police say he raped Bobo and videotaped it before she was killed.

Adams' trial was originally scheduled to begin this week but was delayed until July 10 by Judge Creed McGinley. Final jury selection will be determined on July 6, four days before his trial is set to begin.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/06/holly-bobo-murder-trial-jury-selection-begins-after-months-delays.html

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:08:05 PM by Tamikosmom » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2017, 01:22:05 PM »

Justice for Holly!   

http://wreg.com/2017/07/03/first-holly-bobo-trial-to-begin-wednesday/

First Holly Bobo trial to begin Wednesday
POSTED 6:07 AM, JULY 3, 2017, BY ERYN TAYLOR

HARDIN COUNTY, Tenn. — Jury selection begins in the long-awaited trial of Zachary Adams, one of three suspects accused in the murder of nursing student Holly Bobo.

Attorneys are expected to begin selecting jurors on Wednesday with opening statements the following Monday.

Adams, his brother Dylan Adams and Jason Autry are all facing charges in Bobo’s 2011 disappearance and murder.

Her remains were discovered three years later near the Adams’ home.

WREG will have complete coverage of the trial starting Wednesday.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: July 06, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

http://wreg.com/2017/07/06/holly-bobo-trial-delayed-again/

Holly Bobo trial delayed again
POSTED 9:40 AM, JULY 6, 2017, BY ERYN TAYLOR AND STACY JACOBSON, UPDATED AT 12:43PM, JULY 6, 2017

HARDIN COUNTY, Tenn. — The trial against Holly Bobo’s accused killer has been delayed again.

On Thursday, a Hardin County judge reviewed a motion asking for a continuance based on the addition of a gun as new evidence.

The weapon was reportedly discovered by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in an underwater or muddy area over Memorial Day weekend.

Both sides agreed the gun is important evidence that needs to be included.

Attorneys for Zachary Adams told the judge their expert could have the weapon examined within 30 days.

With that in mind, the judge agreed to the delay. He set the trial for September 11.

The 70 people brought in as potential jurors were not told why the trial was delayed and the judge ordered them not to read or watch any media coverage of the proceedings.

When it does get underway, the judge said the trial will take no longer than two weeks.

Jury selection will continue on September 9 with the trial starting two days later.

Bobo’s family left the courthouse quickly after the hearing ended.

“it’s been over six years. Every minute, every hour has been painful. It’s hard but it’s necessary,” said special prosecutor Paul Hagerman from Shelby County. “This is something they want behind them. But they want things to happen right.”

Two other men — John Dylan Adams and Jason Autry– were also charged with the woman’s murder.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: July 06, 2017, 11:24:54 PM »

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stories/5-witnesses-granted-immunity-in-holly-bobo-murder-trial/551901195

5 witnesses granted immunity in Holly Bobo murder trial
by: Kristin Leigh Updated: Jul 6, 2017 - 6:46 PM

Five people have been granted either federal or state immunity to testify in the murder trial of Zachary Adams, one of three men accused of raping and killing 19-year-old Holly Bobo after she disappeared in 2011.

Victor Dinsmore, Michael Alexander, Jason Kilzer, Shayne Austin, and Jason Wayne Autry were all granted immunity, according to court records filed in Hardin County.

Adams’ trial was moved from Decatur County to Hardin County due to the high-profile nature of the case.

The names were listed in notices of immunity filed in Hardin County in June which FOX13 reviewed Thursday.

Autry is Adams’ accomplice according to investigators. They’re two of three men charged with murder for their suspected roles in Bobo’s death. Zachary Adams’ brother, Dylan Adams, is the third suspect

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:26:26 PM by grace-land » Logged
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: July 08, 2017, 08:36:42 PM »

thanks grace-land
im going to have to do a review on the case

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #690 on: July 08, 2017, 09:53:39 PM »

TY texasmom, grace and cw for the updates.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: July 08, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »

You're welcome cw618 and Nut44x4!

Hopefully, the trial is held on September 11 and there is justice for Holly!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: July 25, 2017, 06:43:46 AM »

You're welcome cw618 and Nut44x4!

Hopefully, the trial is held on September 11 and there is justice for Holly!   

ITA grace-land. 
It's been a long, long time, lots of delays.  Holly's case seemed to be stalled for a long time.  I think there were questions about the investigation and then look at how many have been granted immunity.  There are some folks that knew something and didn't come forward.  It's like an onion that's got to be peeled back, layer by layer.  I shudder to think about what misery and horror Holly endured.     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:04 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/credibility-problems-for-key-witness-in-holly-bobo-murder-trial

Credibility Of Key Witness In Holly Bobo Murder Trial Questioned
Posted: 5:17 PM, Jul 13, 2017

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Concern and questions have been raised about just how trustworthy a co-defendant in the Holly Bob murder trial will be.

Even though Jason Autry cut a deal to testify against Zach Adams, tipped prosecutors to the location of the alleged murder weapon, experts said it won't be hard to prove Autry is a liar.

Jason Autry did an exclusive interview with Newschannel 5 from his cell at Riverbend Maximum Security Prison three years ago, but it's a safe bet what he said then and what he's now telling prosecutors will be different.

"His testimony is extremely important,' said Newschannel5 legal analyst Nick Leonardo who believed Autry is the one who only last month tipped prosecutors to the location of the alleged murder weapon.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: July 27, 2017, 11:33:27 PM »

http://wreg.com/2017/07/19/man-granted-immunity-in-holly-bobo-case-says-he-was-not-involved-in-case/

Man granted immunity in Holly Bobo case says he was not involved in case
Posted 4:59 pm, July 19, 2017

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — One of the men granted immunity in the Holly Bobo murder case has written a letter to a Nashville news station saying he was not involved in the case.

In a letter to WSMV, inmate Michael Lee Alexander wrote he never asked for immunity and claimed he was “not involved before, during or after in the Holly Bobo case.”

Attorney David Raybin explained to WSMV this admission makes Alexander useless as a witness in the case.

Raybin believes Alexander wrote the letter wants to protect himself by not being “perceived as a snitch.” Alexander wrote in his letter, “I feel like I am being used and my life put in danger.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: July 27, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/20/jury-selection-begin-holly-bobo-case-september/495118001/

Jury selection to begin in Holly Bobo case in September
Published 4:36 p.m. CT July 20, 2017 | Updated 5:26 p.m. CT July 20, 2017

Starting September 9, attorneys will select their 15 jurors to determine the fate of Zachary Rye Adams in the death of Holly Bobo.

Attorneys met with potential jurors Thursday in Hardin County, asking some to be prepared to return the Saturday before Adams' trial is scheduled to begin, and be ready to hear the case on September 11.

Prosecutors have also filed a notice to the defense attorneys that they have offered federal immunity to Jason Autry, a co-defendant in the case, in exchange for his testimony against Zach Adams. Court documents say that prosecutors could work with Autry's attorneys to have reduced charges if he testifies honestly.

Defense attorneys for Zach Adams have also requested that the trial be moved out of Hardin County due to "massive publicity."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: July 28, 2017, 11:52:07 PM »

Holly Bobo rape, murder trial presents legal challenges, attorneys say
Published July 28, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/28/holly-bobo-rape-murder-trial-presents-legal-challenges-attorneys-say.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
alismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #697 on: August 10, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »

Praying this trial begins soon and praying for the Bobo family. I can't imagine how they will be able to sit and listen to the horror Holly endured.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: August 21, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

Holly Bobo rape, murder trial presents legal challenges, attorneys say
Published July 28, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/28/holly-bobo-rape-murder-trial-presents-legal-challenges-attorneys-say.html

Thanks for the article, Tamikosmom!  Hoping for a good outcome and justice for Holly.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: August 21, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »

Praying this trial begins soon and praying for the Bobo family. I can't imagine how they will be able to sit and listen to the horror Holly endured.

I hope nothing delays the start of the trial and prolongs the wait for justice and closure for the family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.