March 19, 2024, 01:08:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #2 8/26/11 - 12/04/11  (Read 543265 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »

I have a hinky feeling the Gary Giordano is going to walk.  I hope my hinky feeling is wrong.  I hope that dots are being connected behind the scenes which imply that justice will prevail for Robyn Gardner.

Janet

++++++

Robyn Gardner Also Bought Insurance Policy, Suspect's Lawyer Claims
By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) and KATIE KINDELAN
Sept. 20, 2011

The attorney for Gary Giordano says the now-missing U.S. woman his client traveled to Aruba with last month, Robyn Gardner, also took out her own insurance policy for the trip.

"Yes, the two of them had policies on each other," Jose Baez, the newly hired defense attorney for Giordano said today on "Good Morning America." "Now, of course, since Gary was paying for the trip, Gary was the beneficiary of Robyn's policy."

Giordano submitted an insurance policy on Gardner July 30, one day before the pair, who met on an online swingers' website, left for a weeklong trip to Aruba.

Gardner, 35, has been missing since Aug. 2. Giordano, 50, has told authorities that the two went snorkeling and that the Maryland woman was swept out to sea by a strong current.

Baez told "GMA" it was not uncommon for his client to take out insurance before going on a trip.

"Every time Mr. Giordano has traveled this year, whether it's been with Robyn Gardner or other individuals, he, in fact, had another companion that he traveled with, he got the same insurance," said Baez, the same attorney who represented Casey Anthony in her recent murder trial.

He also fought back against claims from the prosecution and Gardner's family and friends that Giordano was eager to cash in on the $1.5 million insurance policy on Gardner.

Giordano contacted the insurance company four times in the days after Gardner vanished.

An insurance agent who spoke with ABC News said that no one she's dealt with in the entire year has both mailed a hard copy of their policy and faxed it in, noting Giordano's urgency in getting the documents in before the trip.

The insurance policy on Gardner is dated July 27, and is initialed and signed by Gardner, though the beneficiary information is filled out in Giordano's handwriting. Giordano listed his mother as his beneficiary on the forms.

"They're not life insurance policies," Baez said. "What they are basically are travel insurance, so what this covers is medical, dental, car rental and a whole slew of other things, including accidental death."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-bought-insurance-policy-suspects-lawyer-claims/story?id=14563212

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »

In the same article, it states--

"Meanwhile, Giordano could face more legal trouble back home in the United States. A federal grand jury is scheduled to convene in Maryland tomorrow to determine whether Giordano could face U.S. charges in the case."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-bought-insurance-policy-suspects-lawyer-claims/story?id=14563212&page=2
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »

"Meanwhile, Giordano could face more legal trouble back home in the United States. A federal grand jury is scheduled to convene in Maryland tomorrow to determine whether Giordano could face U.S. charges in the case."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-bought-insurance-policy-suspects-lawyer-claims/story?id=14563212&page=2

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/37110-investigadonan-a-reconstrui-e-ultimo-momentonan-di-robyn-gardner.html

Papiamentu translation:

investigadonan owing to reconstrui the ultimo momentonan of robyn gardner

tuesday, 20 september 2011 12:08 yesterday morning did take luga the reconstruccion for thing is the caso of robyn gardner. as is conoci, day 2 of august was the ultimo day cu know of the lady mericano here of 35 year, that was compaña for gary giordano, that not was t’ey present. advocate michael lopez if was t’ey, same cu other prensa mericano, esta abc y nbc, y also prensa local.

this is for reconstrui the ultimo momentonan of the lady here, for see con far investigacionnan can bay for so succeed soluciona the caso here. kico owing to happen during the ultimo momentonan y con el’a haci desaparece.

we will stay pendiente for see kico the resultadonan here is trece for so we can place one end at one another caso tragico, cu not as the caso of holloway, owing to trece cierto atencion close medianan mericano.

(several pictures at the link)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039616/Robyn-Gardners-moments-suspect-Gary-Giordano-enacted-Aruba.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Robyn Gardner's final journey: American tourist's last moments with suspect Gary Giordano re-enacted by police in Aruba

Police retrace Gardner and Giordano's last steps to try to solve mystery of her disappearance
Photos showed pair partying just two days before she vanished
CCTV footage showed Girodano taking Robyn on 'trial run' to the stretch of beach from where she would vanish just one day later

By Paul Bentley
Last updated at 5:13 PM on 20th September 2011

Police in Aruba have staged a dramatic reconstruction of American tourist Robyn Gardner's final moments in an attempt finally to discover how she disappeared.

Actors dressed as Miss Gardner and her vacation partner Gary Giordano, who she is said to have met on a swingers website, yesterday were seen on the beach where she went missing, playing out different scenarios to work out how likely they are to have happened.

Giordano, 50, is the only suspect being questioned in relation to the disappearance of Gardner, 35, who has been missing since August 2. The older man is being held in custody for 60 days, but police need more evidence to charge him with murder

::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/20110919/8504/Dialuna_atardi_a_tuma_lugar_e_recreacion_pa_e_investigacion_di_desaparicion_di

Papiamentu translation:

monday nightfall did take lugar the recreacion for her investigacion of desaparicion of robyn lynn gardner

22 hora happen come across, 19 of september 2011 16:20

monday nightfall several oficial owing to bay near of ex nanki for so haci one recreacion of locual owing to sosode near of nanki provided that conneccion cu the desaparicion of the lady tourist robyn lynn gardner. come across

More pictures and video clips at the link.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »

The actor that played Gary's part didn't have his toupee on!   

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »

Just so I understand....they didn't have the budget to collect real forensic information: cell phone, iPad, mileage recorded on a rental car, dirt from the rental car tires....

but they do have the budget to reenact what they don't know....they have many people on the beach, the time of day is different, there is a boat in the water and I don't see any swimmers...this reenactment will add to the actual surveillance videos??

Do they have the currents report from that day and time?  Did they send anyone into the water that evening, to check on the currents? I only saw pictures of everyone on the shore looking at the water.  Even if a helicopter went up that evening (and I bet it was the next day because the office would have closed), what would that tell about the currents?

Is there a reason they didn't let the FBI do the electronic evaluation?...I mean other than they are not Dutch?

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »

Please tell me that is not Robyn's real dress.
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2011, 05:45:56 PM »

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »

Just so I understand....they didn't have the budget to collect real forensic information: cell phone, iPad, mileage recorded on a rental car, dirt from the rental car tires....

but they do have the budget to reenact what they don't know....they have many people on the beach, the time of day is different, there is a boat in the water and I don't see any swimmers...this reenactment will add to the actual surveillance videos??

Do they have the currents report from that day and time?  Did they send anyone into the water that evening, to check on the currents? I only saw pictures of everyone on the shore looking at the water.  Even if a helicopter went up that evening (and I bet it was the next day because the office would have closed), what would that tell about the currents?

Is there a reason they didn't let the FBI do the electronic evaluation?...I mean other than they are not Dutch?

They go to a lot of trouble to demonstrate how not to conduct an investigation, don't they?
And then they go and make a spectacle of it all! 

They are not even ashamed of the stupid crap they do!

Aruba sucks.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »

Thanks Grace

Does this imply that the FBI are conducting a parallel investigation along side of Aruba into the disappearance of Robyn Gardner?

After over six year of following the Natalee Holloway case ... I have learned something new regarding the possibility of an FBI investigation into criminal wrongdoing of one American against another American while on Aruban soil.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2011/09/travelers-warned-about-dengue-fever-in-the-bahamas/547928/1

Travelers warned about dengue fever in The Bahamas

By Laura Bly, USA TODAY Updated <1m ago

The federal Centers for Disease Control is warning U.S. travelers about an outbreak of dengue fever in the Bahamas, where officials suspect about 1,000 cases of the mosquito-borne virus since Aug. 9. An unspecified but higher-than-normal number of Americans have returned from the popular vacation spot with symptoms, which can include high fever, rash, muscle and joint pain and pain behind the eyes, the CDC says.

Last week's Bahamas notice coincides with another CDC update, noting that dengue is the most common cause of fever in travelers returning from the Caribbean, Central America, and South Central Asia. As of August 5, more than 890,000 cases have been reported to the Pan American Health Organization this year, including 10,840 cases of sometimes fatal dengue hemorrhagic fever and/or dengue shock syndrome. It is widespread in Puerto Rico, and several countries across the region are reporting high incidence rates in addition to the Bahamas, including Brazil, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Aruba. Cases have also been confirmed in Florida and Hawaii.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »

I can't take it, monkeys.  Aruba makes me crazy!

Why in the world would the Aruban Investigators have a "re-enactment" to test whether or not Giordano's story is plausible?  If they determine his story is not plausible, how does that help?  Then what, ask him again?

Is this secondary to finding Robyn?  Wouldn't your first priority be to find Robyn?  What good does a re-enactment do if they don't find a live Robyn or her body?

Couldn't you always do a re-enactment later?

Priority #1:  Find Robyn! 

It has been over six weeks.  They never really made a serious effort to look for her. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »

I can't take it, monkeys.  Aruba makes me crazy!

Why in the world would the Aruban Investigators have a "re-enactment" to test whether or not Giordano's story is plausible?  If they determine his story is not plausible, how does that help?  Then what, ask him again?

Is this secondary to finding Robyn?  Wouldn't your first priority be to find Robyn?  What good does a re-enactment do if they don't find a live Robyn or her body?

Couldn't you always do a re-enactment later?

Priority #1:  Find Robyn! 

It has been over six weeks.  They never really made a serious effort to look for her. 

I know how you feel Helen Back, believe me I do!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »

http://meandmrjonesonnataleeisland.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-08-09T18%3A06%3A00%2B02%3A00&max-results=7

Google translation:

Monday, August 8, 2011

THE MYSTERY OF ARUBA - BACKSTAGE 2 - ME AND MR JONES ON ISLAND Natalee

Tell anyone you're a filmmaker, because then they kick you off the island, warned a Dutch producer, well known in the West Indies. A joke? No, he really wanted us undercover went.

Then he wanted us to help do research. He arranged for a friend from Curacao, Aruba would that put us on a tour. Undercover . On one condition: we should never ever call his name.

We flew to Aruba with a strange feeling: Why all the secrecy? That excessive caution? Aruba had something to hide? Surely not: Aruba, as they say, "one happy island".

We drove along the hot white sand flats with a huge line timeshare apartments. It suffocated because of the Americans: it was almost a U.S. colony. That friend from Curacao.

The friend said that Aruba was totally dependent on tourism for Americans, and they were far to the Americans to get inside. Example: Americans often have no passport. Aruba therefore arranged that even Americans without passports were allowed on the island.

We looked at each other: The Dutch had our passports to show "us" to Aruba, but Americans could just walk in? What is this? In Aruba, Dutch law still applies and so?

Certainly, said the friend, but what is important now for the Aruban: Dutch law or an income of Americans? Nobody here wants the American money chase. That is their existence.

So, if you want to know something, you need to undercover if you will be kicked into the sea. If you say you're filming, is a threat to the economy of Aruba, which has already suffered so much through this mystery. There was nothing: we had undercover journalism to business.

We did not know then that a few years later, the film largely undercover ... had to record with Robert de Hoog as an undercover journalist.

Then we knew not that the Aruban cinemas recently decided not to film the island-turned-unseen, because ... fill in yourself.

But that was not our biggest problem ...   

Posted by Paul Ruven on 08/08/2011

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2011, 10:39:02 PM »

Did they even put a "body" in the water at the distance Giordano said they were at to see if it sank or drifted or what? I don't even see the purpose of this . I didn't see that the Robyn person had a beach bag, did she leave her dress on the sand, in the car? Her PLATFORM sandals? Did he say he picked her stuff up? This is Dutch investigation? Unless he did something really stupid I bet he walks. With Baez on board, the Robyn character assassination will be next.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »

Have officials in Aruba been in the sun too long?  Their idea of an investigation is to reenact the event like a cheap drama. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »

Have officials in Aruba been in the sun too long?  Their idea of an investigation is to reenact the event like a cheap drama. 

Sadly enough for the victims, I think your description about sums it up.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »

Sadly enough for the victims, I think your description about sums it up.   

It reminds me of some medieval troupe in resort wear. As if all of them standing around reenacting that skeeze Giordano calling out to sea, hopping in a vehicle is going to bring some answers....Doh!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.