March 18, 2024, 11:55:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #2 8/26/11 - 12/04/11  (Read 543248 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #800 on: November 25, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=8473

Aruba orders release of US man suspected in death ( November 29 )
Posted by Aruba Daily on November 25th, 2011

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — A judge in Aruba has ordered the release of a U.S. businessman detained in connection with the August death of his traveling companion.

The judge says Gary Giordano must be freed on Tuesday November 29 without any conditions. Prosecutors have until then to appeal the decision.

The 50-year-old employment agency owner from Gaithersburg, Maryland, has been in jail since Aug. 5 while investigators sought more time to gather and evaluate evidence in the death of 35-year-old Robyn Gardner, of Frederick, Maryland.
 ::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: November 25, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45436559/ns/world_news-americas/

Aruba judge orders release of suspect in Robyn Gardner's death
Prosecutors plan to appeal ruling, NBC News reports

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — A judge in Aruba has ordered the release of a U.S. businessman detained in connection with the August death of his traveling companion.

The judge says Gary Giordano must be freed on Tuesday without any conditions.

NBC News' Jeff Rossen reported Friday that prosecutors planned to appeal the decision.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: November 25, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/20111125/9087/Hues_a_pone_Gary_Giordano_den_libertad_entrante_diamars_awor_29_di_November

I'm not sure if this one is him covering his head with his shirt or not.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: November 25, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552?sk=wall

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: November 25, 2011, 01:17:36 PM »

I just knew they were going to let him go...no new evidence.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: November 25, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »

Will he now collect the insurance policy he got out on Robyn?

I hope authorities investigate him in the USA. He has a million dollar home, and can afford trips overseas with female companions. Okay, drinks coming from the trunk of his car, but still expensive.

He can't afford child support, and his "agency" is really not hiring anyone. So, where is his money coming from?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: November 25, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »

Texasmom, my article is a duplicate of yours.  Sorry! 

No problem grace-land!   

Texasmom 

I was expecting an extension--if for no other reason but for Aruba to save face.  Oh, well.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: November 25, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/aruban-judge-denies-request-to-hold-gary-giordano-in-robyn-gardner-disappearance-attorney-says/2011/11/25/gIQAs2y3vN_blog.html

Posted at 12:51 PM ET, 11/25/2011
Aruban judge denies request to hold Gary Giordano in Robyn Gardner disappearance, attorney says
By Justin Jouvenal

Stein said Giordano remains the focus on the investigation and that authorities have appealed the judge’s decision.

“We know for a fact that he is not telling the truth,” Stein said. “We are determined to go on with this investigation, not only for ourselves and for justice, but for the relatives of Robyn Gardner.”

If Giordano is released, Stein said Aruban authorities could still decide to file charges and request that he be extradicted back to the island to face trial.

Stein said the investigation remains active. Earlier this week, he said, Dutch divers combed the shoreline near where Gardner disappeared in a search for her body. And law enforcement officials are still combing through Giordano’s computer and the e-mails he sent in the days before Gardner went missing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: November 25, 2011, 01:54:27 PM »

Will he now collect the insurance policy he got out on Robyn?

I hope authorities investigate him in the USA. He has a million dollar home, and can afford trips overseas with female companions. Okay, drinks coming from the trunk of his car, but still expensive.

He can't afford child support, and his "agency" is really not hiring anyone. So, where is his money coming from?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154

Surely American Express will do an extensive investigation of  (1) the policy, and whether or not Robyn actually signed the document (2) the events surrounding Robyn's disappearance (3) prior attempts of fraud... before they pay him anything.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154#.Ts_iUbLTr3U

By COLLEEN CURRY and GIANNA TOBONI (@GiannaToboniABC)
Aug. 25, 2011

Gary Giordano Sought $5 Million in Court

Gary Giordano was in serious financial trouble and tried to scam a company out of $5 million in the months leading up to his Aruba vacation with Robyn Gardner, according to an attorney who faced him in court.

"Just a few months ago he was telling the court here that he was in financial distress, with what I understood to be him making much less money than his bills," said Thomas Murphy, who represented a staffing company Giordano sued for $5 million in January 2010. "So I don't know how he could wind up taking a vacation to Aruba, which I believe is not an inexpensive destination," Murphy said.

In the suit against the staffing company, Giordano was accused of forging documents in the suit and later dropped the case. Murphy said Giordano made up a contract and tried to sue the company for not upholding it.

"I accused him of committing perjury, I accused him of fabricating documents, I accused him of the worst sort of behavior that I could think of," Murphy said. "My professional judgment about Mr. Giordano was that he was not to be believed at any level about anything."

"I absolutely believe that Mr. Giordano, based on my experience defending my client, that he is capable of manufacturing out of whole cloth a story and then pursuing it to abnormal ends," Murphy said.

Meanwhile, Giordano was also suing one ex-wife for $7,000 and going to court to have his child support payments lowered from marriage to his first wife, according to court documents.

"I always said he was sue-crazy," said a woman who had a relationship with Giordano, but wished to remain anonymous. "He sues everybody."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: November 25, 2011, 02:18:32 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/25/justice/aruba-missing-woman/

Aruba can't keep holding man in missing woman case, judge says
From Martin Savidge, CNN
November 25, 2011 -- Updated 1858 GMT (0258 HKT)

Prosecutors immediately filed an appeal seeking to reverse the ruling and prevent Giordano from leaving jail, Taco Stein, Aruba's solicitor general, said. A three-judge appeals panel will consider the matter.

Giordano "couldn't believe" the decision because he had lost faith and confidence in the Aruban criminal justice systems, Lejuez said.

"When I asked him what he really thinks about his release, he started to cry and asked me to excuse him for a few minutes," the attorney said.

The judge's ruling does not require Giordano to remain on Aruba; Lejuez said he believes Giordano would leave as soon as he is freed.

The request was denied based on what the judge called a lack of progress in the investigation into the August 2 disappearance of Gardner, said Stein.

Giordano made a passionate argument for his release, Lejuez said.

The prosecution's appeal of Friday's order could be heard anytime between Friday and Tuesday, including the possibility of a weekend hearing, Stein said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: November 25, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552?sk=wall

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: November 25, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »

Aruba Learned Nothing from Natalee Holloway: Like Joran Van der Sloot, Like Gary Giordano … Aruba Judge Orders Release of Murder Suspect in Death & Disappearance of Robyn Gardner

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/11/25/aruba-learned-nothing-from-natalee-holloway-like-joran-van-der-sloot-like-gary-giordano-aruba-judge-orders-release-of-murder-suspect-in-death-disappearance-of-robyn-gardner/

ARUBA, NO BODY NO CRIME … Oops, They Did It Again … ARUBA … THE NEW KILLING FIELDS.

Can anyone say that they are not surprised with the news out of Aruba and that they did it over an American long weekend Thanksgiving Day holiday? An Aruba judge has ordered the release of Gary Giordano without any conditions. Giordano is the 50 year old Gaithersburg, Maryland man who has been jailed in Aruba and the primary suspect in the death and disappearance of American travel companion Robyn Gardner.

ITS DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN. If this does not reeks of the Natalee Holloway case all over again. The Aruba LE and prosecutors have done it again. They have failed to make a case, in an obvious one that Giordano killed his travel companion and will profit from her death. First we were witness to Joran Van der Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe being released from jail in the case of the death and disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Now Aruba has a twofer, Giordano will be released in the death and disappearance of Robyn Gardner. UNREAL. No Body, No Crime … NO JUSTICE!

Some Caribbean islands are known as tax haven shelters due to their lax rules on taxes and privacy. However, Aruba now has to be known as the “killing fields” island. How can it not be thought that if one wants to kill tehir girlfriend, spouse or travel companion … just go to Aruba, take out a life insurance policy in advance, make yourself the beneficiary and then kill her.  In Aruba … NO BODY NO CRIME, get you off of murder charges. Imagine knowing that all one has to do is make sure a body of your murder victim never needs to be found, and you skate.

A special safety note for all woman ... you might want to think twice about going to Aruba to help save your relationship or travel their with any companion. Who knows whether they have put an insurance policy on your head. No body, no crime means no justice as well.

When this happens twice in the same small place like Aruba ... its a trend. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: November 25, 2011, 03:27:14 PM »

Aruba Learned Nothing from Natalee Holloway: Like Joran Van der Sloot, Like Gary Giordano … Aruba Judge Orders Release of Murder Suspect in Death & Disappearance of Robyn Gardner

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/11/25/aruba-learned-nothing-from-natalee-holloway-like-joran-van-der-sloot-like-gary-giordano-aruba-judge-orders-release-of-murder-suspect-in-death-disappearance-of-robyn-gardner/

ARUBA, NO BODY NO CRIME … Oops, They Did It Again … ARUBA … THE NEW KILLING FIELDS.

Can anyone say that they are not surprised with the news out of Aruba and that they did it over an American long weekend Thanksgiving Day holiday? An Aruba judge has ordered the release of Gary Giordano without any conditions. Giordano is the 50 year old Gaithersburg, Maryland man who has been jailed in Aruba and the primary suspect in the death and disappearance of American travel companion Robyn Gardner.

ITS DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN. If this does not reeks of the Natalee Holloway case all over again. The Aruba LE and prosecutors have done it again. They have failed to make a case, in an obvious one that Giordano killed his travel companion and will profit from her death. First we were witness to Joran Van der Sloot, Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe being released from jail in the case of the death and disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Now Aruba has a twofer, Giordano will be released in the death and disappearance of Robyn Gardner. UNREAL. No Body, No Crime … NO JUSTICE!

Some Caribbean islands are known as tax haven shelters due to their lax rules on taxes and privacy. However, Aruba now has to be known as the “killing fields” island. How can it not be thought that if one wants to kill tehir girlfriend, spouse or travel companion … just go to Aruba, take out a life insurance policy in advance, make yourself the beneficiary and then kill her.  In Aruba … NO BODY NO CRIME, get you off of murder charges. Imagine knowing that all one has to do is make sure a body of your murder victim never needs to be found, and you skate.

A special safety note for all woman ... you might want to think twice about going to Aruba to help save your relationship or travel their with any companion. Who knows whether they have put an insurance policy on your head. No body, no crime means no justice as well.

When this happens twice in the same small place like Aruba ... its a trend. 

Thanks Red, ITA!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: November 25, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »

http://baltimorenews.info/baltimore-news/aruba-cant-keep-holding-man-in-missing-woman-case-judge-says.html

Aruba can’t keep holding man in missing woman case, judge says

November 25 | Posted by BaltimoreNews | Baltimore News Tags: baltimore, news

(CNN) — A judge in Aruba Friday rejected a prosecution request to hold U.S. citizen Gary Giordano for 30 additional days in connection with the disappearance of his traveling companion, Robyn Gardner, his attorney told CNN Friday.

The decision means Giordano, who has been in Aruban custody since Aug. 5, could be freed on Tuesday evening, Giardano’s attorney, Chris Lejuez, said.

Prosecutors immediately filed an appeal seeking to reverse the ruling and prevent Giordano from leaving jail, Taco Stein, Aruba’s solicitor general, said. A three-judge appeals panel will consider the matter.

Giordano “couldn’t believe” the decision because he had lost faith and confidence in the Aruban criminal justice systems, Lejuez said.

“When I asked him what he really thinks about his release, he started to cry and asked me to excuse him for a few minutes,” the attorney said.

The judge’s ruling does not require Giordano to remain on Aruba; Lejuez said he believes Giordano would leave as soon as he is freed.

The request was denied based on what the judge called a lack of progress in the investigation into the August 2 disappearance of Gardner, said Stein.

Giordano made a passionate argument for his release, Lejuez said.

The prosecution’s appeal of Friday’s order could be heard anytime between Friday and Tuesday, including the possibility of a weekend hearing, Stein said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: November 25, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »

Thomas Tobin
Hey guys Thomas the NBC4 Executive Producer again. We just learned that the Appeal is expected to be heard on Monday, the day before Giordano is scheduled to be released. thomas.tobin@nbcuni.com
Like ·  · 5 minutes ago

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: November 25, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »

MISSING JUSTICE: Aruba Learned Nothing from Natalee Holloway: Like Joran Van der Sloot, Like Gary Giordano … Aruba Judge Orders Release of Murder Suspect in Death & Disappearance of Robyn Gardner

Posted November 25, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: November 25, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »

THE RELEASE OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT

Tears Fall Hard

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 182:
  Helen is very positive.  "It looks good that they will remain in custody" she says.  Then just three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.  Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!.  Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information. So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island from the defense side that all three suspects will walk.  Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me that it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Page 185: The last announcement I make on television is never seen.  Hurrican Katrina gives the island the cloak of cover it needs to let the suspects walk free and relieve itself of its media burden. ....

The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.

Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a resturant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust? ...

When Helen calls, I stand in a corner of the hotel room, phone to my ear, tapping my head against the wall over and over.  Tears fall hard.  "I'm done, Helen.  I'm done.  No justice for Natalee in Aruba.  I'm done."

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: November 25, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

THE RELEASE OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT

Original Ruling Reversed

Aruba suspect’s father says son to be released
dated 9/1/2005 8:08:36 PM

<snipped>

The judge in the case issued two rulings: In the first, he agreed with prosecutors' request to extend the period of van der Sloot's pretrial detention by 30 more days.

But later Thursday, the judge issued another ruling that sided with the defense — an order to immediately suspend the execution of his earlier pretrial detention order.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9163292/

Released with Restrictions

Suspects in teen’s disappearance released
updated 9/3/2005 7:30:04 PM ET

SAINT NICOLAAS, Aruba - All three suspects in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager were released from jail Saturday in a setback for the prosecution and the biggest blow yet to Natalee Holloway’s family.

Joran van der Sloot, an 18-year-old Dutchman, and two Surinamese brothers, Satish Kalpoe, 18 and Deepak Kalpoe, 21, were released on condition they remain in Dutch territory and be available to police for questioning.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9188932/

Restrictions Lifted

Aruba court lifts curbs on three suspects in missing teen case
September 27, 2005

“An Aruban court has ruled that three suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway can remain free without conditions.”

“Wednesday's ruling overturned an earlier decision that restricted the suspects' travel and required them to remain available to investigators. The appeals court said there was a "lack of sufficient grounds and serious suspicions" to keep the restrictions on the three men. Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers -- Deepak and Satish Kalpoe -- are suspects in the May 30 disappearance of the Alabama teen. They were released from jail on September 3rd on the condition they remain available for questioning.

<snipped>

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3857796&nav=0RdEeaxB

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: November 25, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »

MISSING JUSTICE: Aruba Learned Nothing from Natalee Holloway: Like Joran Van der Sloot, Like Gary Giordano … Aruba Judge Orders Release of Murder Suspect in Death & Disappearance of Robyn Gardner

Posted November 25, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

A TIME BOMB

February 13, 2008

Monkeys Media Reminder … Beth Holloway & Peter R. DeVries on Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio
February 13th, 2008

Beth Holloway:

47:50 - "I feel strongly that he (Joran) is a time bomb that is waiting to go off.  He will strike again.  It is not just for Natalee that I would like to see him behind bars.  I think he has shown us all he has no control over himself or his actions."

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2008/02/13/monkeys-media-reminder-beth-holloway-peter-r-devries-on-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio/

June 11, 2010

Natalee Holloway Suspect Wanted in Peru
Last Update: 1:44 pm

LATEST DETAILS FROM CBS NEWS:

NEW YORK (CBS) Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch national who has been detained several times in the Natalee Holloway case, has now been named the prime suspect in the murder of a Peruvian girl, according to local reports.

Crimesider has been told that an Aruban prosecutor described van der Sloot as being on the run, but we have been unable to independently confirm it.

Early Wednesday morning, Stephany Flores Ramirez, 21, was found dead in a hotel room in Peru located on the avenue Miraflores district of Lima, Peruvian newspaper El Comercio reports. According to police reports, the girl was brutally stabbed and was found wrapped in a blanket in a pool of blood.

Ramirez was the daughter of racecar driver and well-known businessman Ricardo Flores.

According to Peruvian police, she was last seen with van der Sloot, who has not been located.

According to the Peruvian newspaper, the hotel room where Ramirez's body was found was registered under van der Sloot's name. Hotel employees also told police that they saw him with the girl over the weekend.

Five years ago, in May 2005, Alabama high school student Natalee Holloway disappeared during a senior class trip to Aruba. She was 18 when she was last seen leaving a bar with Joran van der Sloot, who was 17 at the time. He was detained in the case several times but Aruban authorities have said they don't have enough evidence to charge him.

<snipped>

UPDATE: BNO News is reporting the Prosecutor's Office in Aruba has confirmed that Joran Van Der Sloot is a suspect in the death of a Peruvian woman. Interpol has reportedly issued an international arrest warrant.

UPDATE: A police news conference is expected in Peru within the hour to confirm or clarify reports concerning Joran Van Der Sloot's alleged involvement in this murder case. CBS42 will update the story as soon as that information comes in.   

An international news agency is reporting Joran Van Der Sloot is a suspect in the murder of a 21 year old woman in Peru. Van Der Sloot was the prime suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba five years ago.  According to BNO News the victim in this new case is Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramirez who was found dead this morning after disappearing Friday. Her family says she was last seen leaving a casino with Van Der Sloot.

CBS 42 News will continue to follow this developing story.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Natalee-Holloway-Suspect-Wanted-in-Peru/aX4VxsGyFkiLkrg1pW-65g.cspx

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: November 25, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

::justice2NJ::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.