March 28, 2024, 01:19:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #2 8/26/11 - 12/04/11  (Read 544249 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 19, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »

ROBYN GARDNER
MISSING IN ARUBA SINCE AUGUST 2, 2011
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:38:48 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardners-boyfriends-clash-hours/story?id=14370011
Robyn Gardner's Boyfriends Clash Over Her Last Hours
August 24, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardners-boyfriends-clash-hours/story?id=14370011
Robyn Gardner's Boyfriends Clash Over Her Last Hours
August 24, 2011

"I've never known Robyn to take any sleeping pills in the middle of day, nor do I know why anybody would take sleeping pills during the middle of the day," Forester said.

"But let's go with his word here," Forester said of Giordano. "So you say she was taking sleeping pills, then you give her vodka? And then you take her snorkeling? Really? Why would anybody do that?"

"Obviously I don't believe anything he's saying," Forester said.

Investigators are also looking into Giordano's claim that Gardner took out a travel insurance policy for up to $1.5 million before the Aruba getaway and named Giordano the beneficiary of the policy.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »

GMA

New witness....Love the comments by commentators, at the end.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aruba-mystery-eyewitness-describes-scene-beach-14386651
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »

I haven't seen this before, aplogies if it's already been posted:

Aruba Murder Suspect Had Financial Woes

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154

::snipping2::

Gary Giordano was in serious financial trouble and tried to scam a company out of $5 million in the months leading up to his Aruba vacation with Robyn Gardner, according to an attorney who faced him in court.

"Just a few months ago he was telling the court here that he was in financial distress, with what I understood to be him making much less money than his bills," said Thomas Murphy, who represented a staffing company Giordano sued for $5 million in January 2010. "So I don't know how he could wind up taking a vacation to Aruba, which I believe is not an inexpensive destination," Murphy said.

Gary Giordano Sought $5 Million in Court

In the suit against the staffing company, Giordano was accused of forging documents in the suit and later dropped the case. Murphy said Giordano made up a contract and tried to sue the company for not upholding it.

"I accused him of committing perjury, I accused him of fabricating documents, I accused him of the worst sort of behavior that I could think of," Murphy said. "My professional judgment about Mr. Giordano was that he was not to be believed at any level about anything."

"I absolutely believe that Mr. Giordano, based on my experience defending my client, that he is capable of manufacturing out of whole cloth a story and then pursuing it to abnormal ends," Murphy said.

Maryland court records show Giordano had a history of theft from individuals in which he allegedly took amounts ranging from under $300 to more than $500. When he was arrested by Costco for shoplifting jewelry, he sued the company for false imprisonment, seeking $5,000, and lost, according to a source.

What a guy!......

Can Aruba REALLY be conducting a search for the remains of Robyn without bringing in dogs?
I don't think so. 

IMO, If I don't see dogs, they aren't looking for a body, or they don't want to find her.

I hope the FBI will be able to determine how Robyn's gmail account was accessed, from what device and from what location. 

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:47:08 PM »

A question remains: what is worse for Aruba's tourism business, that she's not found or that she's found murdered? Same about Natalee.

I'm not saying that the government is not trying hard enough to find these ladies, just that the thought comes to mind... are they doing everything that is possible to find them?

----

There was something mentioned in the news a few days ago that nobody commented on. It was that when GG was stopped at the airport he had requested to fly to another destination. I am assuming that new destination wasn't Maryland. So, where was he going after Aruba?

I don't think I saw the answer to that anywhere.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »

Suspect in Aruba claimed money woes
Giordano accused of forging documents

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/23/suspect-in-aruba-claimed-money-woes/print/

Court records also indicate Mr. Giordano, who runs the temporary staffing business Leverage LLC out of his home, filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit on behalf of his company in January 2010 against another staffing company, claiming he was owed money for placing an employee at federal home mortgage lender Freddie Mac in 2007.

But the defendant company in the case contended that Mr. Giordano forged a signature to fraudulently produce the contract that he later sued the company over.

An executive with the defendant company said in court papers that Mr. Giordano's girlfriend at the time — who was also a friend of the executive's wife — had told him that "Gary asked her if she could get a copy of my signature."

Thomas Murphy, the lawyer who represented the Virginia staffing company that Mr. Giordano sued, said he was shocked at the audacity of the lawsuit.

"I've been a lawyer for 37 years, and I've never seen anyone who had the gall to create, prepare and forge such a document," he said. "This guy is living large in a big house and has a big mortgage and a nice car, but claims in filings that he is basically broke."

The case proceeded to trial this year, but Mr. Giordano dropped it March 24, according to court records. It was the same day the woman involved in the case was scheduled to testify, Mr. Murphy said.

Apparently, Giordano has a recent history of attempted scams to produce a big payday.  Tried to sue Costco and lost, tried to sue another staffing company and failed.  He may have purchased an AD&D policy on Robyn, but is not above forgery, so if he did make himself a beneficiary against her loss of life, we cannot be sure that she was aware of it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »

A question remains: what is worse for Aruba's tourism business, that she's not found or that she's found murdered? Same about Natalee.

I'm not saying that the government is not trying hard enough to find these ladies, just that the thought comes to mind... are they doing everything that is possible to find them?

----

There was something mentioned in the news a few days ago that nobody commented on. It was that when GG was stopped at the airport he had requested to fly to another destination. I am assuming that new destination wasn't Maryland. So, where was he going after Aruba?

I don't know where he was trying to go, but I did comment on it and had the same question.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=11942.msg1463710#msg1463710

Reply #761 on: August 22, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »

When Giordano tried to leave, he going to an alternate destination?

Would be interesting imo to know where that was...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »

----

Hi IM.  I haven't seen an answer as to where Giordano was attempting to go when he tried to leave Aruba.  Would be very interesting to know. 

As for what's better for Aruba, a murder or a missing person, I think we have to conclude that they believe it's better for tourism if people remain missing.

There's a pattern of not investigating, not searching, not following up on leads, not to mention misrepresentation of the murder rate in Aruba.  How many of the obvious murders have been categorized as "suicide"?  It's a very dangerous place for many reasons.

Aruba sucks.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 02:28:59 PM »

GMA

New witness....Love the comments by commentators, at the end.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aruba-mystery-eyewitness-describes-scene-beach-14386651

Thanks Buckeye!   

Laziness?  Inept?   

Sergio better hope he doesn't have a run in with the law anytime soon.   Monkey Devil!

But...I think we all know there's no good reason for them NOT to have talked to anyone and everyone that was on that beach by now; whether they think what they have to say would be important to the investigation or not!

Aruba sucks.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »

Aruba Mystery: Eyewitness Describes Scene on Beach An eyewitness who was on the beach the day Robyn Gardner vanished speaks.

02:36 | 08/26/2011

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/exclusive-aruba-cops-robyn-gardner-gary-giordano-terrifying-final-hours

The ENQUIRER has discovered the bomb­shell reason police believe prime suspect Gary Giordano snapped before the 35-year-old dental assistant from Maryland vanished, and how help­less Robyn spent her fateful, final hours.

Authorities believe twist­ed sex fiend Giordano – the last person to see Robyn alive – exploded with rage when he spotted an “I love you” text that she sent to her boyfriend, and brutally killed her, according to a source close to the police probe.

Giordano’s sudden savagery ruined a premeditated plan that Giordano had to murder Robyn, dump her body at sea and make it appear as if she drowned, according to the shocking scenario being investi­gated by Aruban police.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 07:07:58 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/robyn-gardner-fisherman_n_938285.html#s326251&title=Robyn_Gardner

Robyn Gardner Missing: Aruban Fisherman Says He Saw Maryland Tourist And Gary Giordano On Beach

First Posted: 8/26/11 04:54 PM ET Updated: 8/26/11 04:54 PM ET

A fisherman in Aruba says he saw the man suspected of Robyn Gardner's disappearance driving erratically and appearing to be drunk on the day the American tourist vanished.

Sergio Silva told ABC's "Good Morning America" that he saw Gardner and Gary Giordano leaving the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in a rental car on Aug. 2, driving "in the wrong direction."

Later that evening, Silva says Giordano looked like he was drunk while he was speaking with police on the beach during the initial search for the missing tourist.

"Cops were all over him, trying to talk to him, and he would just mumble -- nobody could understand what he was saying," the eyewitness told "Good Morning America."

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »

HURRICANE KATRINA

The Cloak of Cover

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Pages 184:
The opportunity to hide behind Hurricane Katrina is too inviting.  The three suspects will be released while all eyes are turned to the devastation in New Orlean.

Page 815: The last announcement I make on television is never seen.  Hurrican Katrina gives the island the cloak of cover it needs to let the suspects walk free and relieve itself of its media burden.

The Open Door

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 142:
  Hurricane Katrina had left the door open for the boys to sent on their way with little publicity and few restrictions because it took the world's focus off of Natalee.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »

Considering Gary Giordano is not the son of an Aruba/Dutch elite ... my sincere prayer is that Aruban/Dutch justice will prevail for Robyn Gardner.

Janet

+++++

The Natalee Holloway Case

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 21st
updated 10/23/2005 4:46:55 PM ET

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: They never—they never wanted to implicate these three young men.  They never wanted to implicate them from the beginning. ....

<snipped>

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9796403/from/RL.2/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/10424851/___Vermiste_Amerikaanse_gedood___.html?p=2,1

Google translation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:21 AM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980067314

Robyn Gardner Breaking Story; Provocative Photos Surface of Missing Woman

August 26, 2011 04:50 PM EDT

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 01:55:42 AM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/exclusive-aruba-cops-robyn-gardner-gary-giordano-terrifying-final-hours

EXCLUSIVE! ARUBA COPS: ROBYN GARDNER’s TERRIFYING FINAL HOURS

(SNIP) Authorities believe twist­ed sex fiend Giordano – the last person to see Robyn alive – exploded with rage when he spotted an “I love you” text that she sent to her boyfriend, and brutally killed her, according to a source close to the police probe. (SNIP)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 04:30:01 AM »

The ABC News source says a witness was present when Gardner named Giordano as the beneficiary on the travel insurance policy, and that Gardner was fully coherent when she signed it.

Police are looking at a rock which is said to have a full hand print and blood on it that was found behind a restaurant that the pair were said to have dined in before her disappearance
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029692/Robyn-Gardner-killed-Aruba-Gary-Giordano-read-text-sent-boyfriend.html#ixzz1W9yqXPfJ

Police said that they found blood on a rock behind the dive shop at the restaurant.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029692/Robyn-Gardner-killed-Aruba-Gary-Giordano-read-text-sent-boyfriend.html#ixzz1W9zHJApG
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 12:01:54 PM »

A witness observed Gary Giordano and Robyn Gardner driving away from Baby Beach at 4:00 PM.  The implication is that the beach was not the location where Robin met her demise.

Something happened in the 2 1/2 hour timeframe prior to Giordano's return to the beach when he reported Gardner missing.

Janet

+++++

Aruba suspect and missing woman did NOT go snorkelling, says witness as man's account of how Robyn Gardner vanished falls apart
Last updated at 5:06 PM on 21st August 2011

<snipped>

The witness told police that he saw the tourists walking on the beach at 4pm, but that they drove away without swimming in the ocean, reported ABC News.
He said that after they left, he never saw the couple again.

<snipped>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2028517/Aruba-suspect-Gary-Giordano-missing-woman-Robyn-Gardner-did-NOT-snorkelling.html

Police Reveal 'Bloody Handprint' Evidence In Aruba Mystery Disappearance Doesn't Exist
Posted on Aug 21, 2011 @ 06:00AM

A purported key piece evidence in the mysterious disappearance of missing American woman Robyn Gardner doesn't exist, police have revealed.

Blood was reportedly found on a rock near the restaurant not far from where Gardner and her traveling companion Gary Giordano were last seen together.

But Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein said in an interview Saturday night: "The detail about the hand print and blood is not true."

"That is not something that we have found," the Solicitor General said, adding: "Let me put that to rest as that only hinders the investigation."

Speaking to Judge Jeanine Pirro on Fox News' Justice with Judge Jeanine, Stein also shed new light on the graphic photographs that authorities found on Giordano's camera, showing the missing Maryland woman in various sexual positions.

"I'm told there is no sign of duress at all (in the images)," General Stein told Judge Pirro.

One law enforcement source had described the images as "beyond pornographic," though General Stein stopped short of that description.

He said, "Those photos were explicit. That's all I have said and that is all I am going to say. I have not seen the pictures myself."

<snipped>

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/08/robyn-gardner-aruba-disappearance-no-bloody-handprint-evidence

_____

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.