March 19, 2024, 04:54:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robyn Gardner #2 8/26/11 - 12/04/11  (Read 543321 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »

Maybe he can get hold of a marker pen and color some hair in... Monkey Devil!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »

Thanks Janet, for bringing the news of Giordano's extended detention

I'm confused.  Previous reports of the 1.5 million policy referred to it as Accidental Death and Dismemberment, now this ABC article talks about life Insurance.  Two very different things.   

Also, the policy was referred to as travel insurance.  If travel insurance was taken out in May, would that have been for the cruise he had scheduled?  Was he planning to toss Robyn off the cruise ship and got upset when she cancelled?  Did he take her to next easiest place to disappear another person......Aruba.  Travel policies are for the duration of the travel only, and are very limited in scope.

I don't believe that Robyn's signature on a life insurance policy naming him as "beneficiary and domestic partner", is authentic. Giordano is a known forger.  Five'll getcha ten that if a signature is on a policy for Robyn's life, it's a forgery by Giordano.

What girl would go on a cruise or to Aruba with a guy who just bought a big fat policy on her?  It's a cash bounty on your head. 

The whole story smells like a dead fish, however, I'm glad they used it to keep him locked up.

Meanwhile, who is searching for Robyn? 

Helen

It was Buckeye who first informed the forum of today's exciting upday.

Anyways ... I agree that there are two different policies being discussed.  One was related to a cruise that that Robyn backed out of a while back and ... the other was related to the Aruba trip.

When Gary Giordona's past offences are considered ... the forging of the life insurance policy is definitely food for thought.  However ... in one article that was posted on the forum ... the implication was that someone witnessed Robyn's signature.

Considering Gary Giordona was foot the bill for the Aruban trip ... could it be that Robin just signed on the bottom line on multiple trip related documents.  In other word ... she never read what she was signing.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:23 PM »

Oh, so sorry I missed Buckeye's post....Thanks to Buckeye.

I guess it's possible that Robyn signed a bunch of papers without looking at them, but a witness signing at the same time implies a situation of some importance.  Would love to know who that witness is. 

If the authorities in Aruba truly believe that Giordano killed Robyn, they would have brought in Canines for a search.  Without the forensic evidence a conviction will be difficult.......no body, no case. 

Do they truly want to find Robyn, or is the AHATA directing this case as they did in Natalee's disappearance?

Who is searching for Robyn?  Love and support to Robyn and her loved ones. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »

I guess it's possible that Robyn signed a bunch of papers without looking at them, but a witness signing at the same time implies a situation of some importance.  Would love to know who that witness is. 

If the authorities in Aruba truly believe that Giordano killed Robyn, they would have brought in Canines for a search.  Without the forensic evidence a conviction will be difficult.......no body, no case. 

Do they truly want to find Robyn, or is the AHATA directing this case as they did in Natalee's disappearance?

Helen

In 2001 I flew to Britain with a friend and her mother.  I sat across from the travel agent and sign each document she presented to me following a quick explanation of the contents.  The agent witnessed each signature.

Could Gary Giordano had purchased the life insurance policy from the agent naming himself as beneficiary and that policy was placed in among other trip related documents?

I am just trying to make sense of this life insurance policy.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2011, 09:33:45 AM »

New video up at the same place.It shows her signature on ins form

"(He) sounded excited, like he was about to win something..."

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »

New video up at the same place.It shows her signature on ins form

"(He) sounded excited, like he was about to win something..."

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2011, 01:35:01 PM »

The news from abcnews.com yesterday mentioned that it was Robyn's signature on the policy but that the information in it was filled in Giordano's handwriting.

Could it be that she signed it and not know what was in it? Like he distracted her by talking or something. You know, like those used car salespeople or the QVC presenters. They talk talk talk and don't give you time to think.

Of course, we know now how much we can trust stuff from abcnews, so... just wondering if anyone else remembers this on the news.

p.s.
I had posted this by mistake in another thread. If the mod please remove it on Susan Powell's. My mind is not like it  used to, plus I have a cat in heat circling around my legs, driving me nuts... as I type in here.  Removed it, no problem.   
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:45:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2011, 01:42:52 PM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/aruba-cops-suspect-giordano-secret-confession-gardner

ARUBA COPS: SUSPECT SECRET CONFESSION?
Published on: September 8, 2011
By JOHN BLOSSSER, NATIONAL ENQUIRER

::snipping2::

Police believe that GARY GIORDANO – the prime suspect in the disappear­ance of ROBYN GARDNER on the exotic island of Aruba – has secretly confessed to killing the blonde beauty!

An ENQUIRER investigation has discovered that cops have been told by guards at the squalid San Nicolas police station jail that Giordano was overheard moaning, weeping and banging his head and fists in his cell, while crying: “It’s all my fault!”

“Police are convinced these late-night mutterings by the murder suspect add up to a confession,” an insider revealed.

A source familiar with the in­vestigation told The ENQUIRER: “Personnel at the vermin-infested jailhouse have told cops that Gior­dano pounded his head and fists against the concrete walls and bars of his cell, saying, ‘Jesus, help me! I’m so, soooo sorry!’ His knuckles and forehead were swollen from all the banging.

“Other times, he would cry out in his sleep, saying, ‘Robyn! I’m so sorry! Forgive me!’ This went on every night. He sounded like a man wracked with guilt.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/gary-giordano-robyn-gardner-aruba-murder-suspect-upset-concerned

Murder Suspect Gary Giordano Is 'Upset' And 'Concerned,' Says Family MembersMurder Suspect Gary Giordano Is 'Upset' And 'Concerned,' Says Family Members
Posted on Sep 08, 2011 @ 12:00PM

Gary Giordano is “upset” and “concerned” in wake of a three-judge panel ruling Wednesday that he must remain in jail in Aruba until the end of October, despite not being charged with any wrongdoing in connection with the disappearance of Robyn Gardner, a Maryland woman he was traveling with on the Caribbean island.

In an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com, Giordano's second wife, Connie Klein said that she hadn't yet heard the news that her former spouse was going to stay in jail for the foreseeable future.

"I didn't know that, this is the first I'm hearing about it," Klein, a real estate agent in Charlotte, North Carolina, told RadarOnline.com. "I have been in contact with him and spoken to him but not today so I have no comment about it," she said, but went on to say that her ex-husband was worried about the accusations against him when she last spoke to him in his Aruban cell.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »

Helen

In 2001 I flew to Britain with a friend and her mother.  I sat across from the travel agent and sign each document she presented to me following a quick explanation of the contents.  The agent witnessed each signature.

Could Gary Giordano had purchased the life insurance policy from the agent naming himself as beneficiary and that policy was placed in among other trip related documents?

I am just trying to make sense of this life insurance policy.

Janet

I'm with you on trying to understand the insurance policy.  Too bad the information we're  getting from the media is conflicting.

I can see how travel policy issuance is quick and on the spot, as in your case.  I bet if you went back and read that policy, you would see it only covered your actual travel, as the time you were on the plane, on a cruise ship.  etc.  They are very limited in scope, and are generally used to provide the funds for medical transport back home, or to return your remains.  They generally will not cover you, for instance, if you have cocktails and go jet skiing.   

LIfe insurance policies are not issued on the spot.  The insured has to go through an underwriting process, including medical exams.  In the case of 1.5 million death benefit, an agent would have to provide much documentation about Robyn's earnings, how her loss of life would impact Giordano financially, etc.  For that amount of death benefit, every medical record of Robyn's life would be looked at, every mole, and every medication ever taken, risky behaviors you may have like race car driving, motorcycle riding, etc.  I can tell you that any life insurance policy issued on Robyn would have been expensive and may have had specific exclusions against infectious disease, based on her tattoos.  (Those put a person at an increased risk of hepC and others based on the needle process).  After you make it through underwriting (this can take months of detailed inquiry), you get a rating which determines the cost of the policy.  Then you pay, then you get a policy.

It is not likely that Giordano could have purchased a life insurance policy on Robyn and made it through an underwriting process.

It is much more likely that the policy in question is an AD&D issued as part of travel package. 

I'm still glad he's detained on the basis of his attempt to make a claim.

If I were Robyn's loved one, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs on every media outlet.......to bring in Canine search teams from ANYWHERE! ( I kinda am anyway)

IMO, the story from the Aruban police does not add up. Their failure to provide canine search in a timely manner means: 
A. they do not believe that she is deceased.
B. they do not WANT to find her remains.

If Robyn's loved ones read here, this monkey is standing strong with you and your girl. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:03 AM »

ARUBA COPS: SUSPECT SECRET CONFESSION?

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/aruba-cops-suspect-giordano-secret-confession-gardner

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »

[/b]New Surveillance Footage Released

Dan Abrams discusses latest evidence piling up against suspect Gary Giordano

I don't know how to get it here from there

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »

[/b]New Surveillance Footage Released

Dan Abrams discusses latest evidence piling up against suspect Gary Giordano

I don't know how to get it here from there

Thanks Blonde

Aruba Mystery: New Surveillance Footage Released Dan Abrams discusses latest evidence piling up against suspect Gary Giordano
02:12 | 09/09/2011

Video/Surveillance Tape:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aruba-mystery-surveillance-footage-released-14480618

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2011, 09:38:20 AM »

This could be week old but it came out this morning so not positive:

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-hearing-Monday-morning/DpzTOOloXk6IIguAlHG7Ww.cspx

Van der Sloot hearing Monday morning

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  The slow process of the Peruvian justice system is grinding one step closer to keeping Joran van der Sloot behind bars.  The Dutchman has a preliminary hearing scheduled in Lima Monday on charges he killed 21 year old student Stephany Flores.
American authorities here in Alabama are waiting their crack at van der Sloot.  A Birmingham grand jury indicted him on extortion and wire fraud charges claiming he promised the Holloway family information about Natalee's fate, took their money, but never provided the information.

Any efforts to extradite van der Sloot to Alabama are stuck in line behind the Peruvian murder charges.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/20110911/8432/Un_team_special_a_sigui_duik_den_e_area_unda_e_dama_americano_Robyn_Lynn

Papiamentu translation:

one team special owing to follow duik in the area where the lady americano robyn lynn gardner will owing to desaparece

4 hora happen come across, 11 of september 2011 17:17

for descarta all posibilidad during the end of week one team special owing to bay haci buskeda in the fondo of lama in the area where the lady will owing to desaparece. they owing to duik in great part of the area in vecindario for so look at what can achieve in the area. the investigacion is follow.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2011, 10:09:19 PM »

They're just checking the ocean now? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2011, 10:37:06 PM »

Another search?

Robyn Gardner search in Aruba shows no hope: 'If she were alive she would have made herself known'
Saturday, August 13, 2011

The hunt for an American tourist who vanished on a vacation in Aruba this month has lead to a warren-like, abandoned phosphate mine on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.

Dozens of firefighters and cops descended on the remote, labyrinthine quarry Friday, which has numerous cave-like entrances, in attempt to find missing Maryland woman Robyn Gardner.

Officials emerged with a pink shirt and sandals, although it wasn't clear if the items were pertinent to the investigation. The search ended with nightfall, authorities said.

The mine is located near where the 35-year-old Gardner is said to have gone missing Aug. 2 during a snorkeling expedition with her travel companion, Gary V. Giordano, also of Maryland.

However, four days of intense searches of the coastline and ocean in the area where Giordano said the pair were swimming proved fruitless.

<snipped>

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-08-13/news/29898237_1_aruba-disappearance-of-alabama-teenager-giordano

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »

I think it said they were diving in the area, but it looks to me like those guys in the water have on snorkeling equipment.

Probably all just for show before they close the case and turn him loose.  If she's in the ocean, she didn't go in the way, or where he said she did.

jmo

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2011, 11:03:37 AM »

Black-Tulip posted a new video today can someone bring it over

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »

Black-Tulip posted a new video today can someone bring it over

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.