April 26, 2024, 05:33:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Katelyn Markham, 22yrs, missing from Fairfield Ohio 8/13/11 Remains recovered  (Read 47513 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »

Search resumes Thursday for missing woman..

::snipping2::

The hunt for Katelyn Markham resumes Thursday when a national organization gathers at Fairfield West Baptist Church for its first official search.

Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team, which arrived in town Tuesday, is asking volunteers to show up at the church, 5345 Muskopf Road, at 8 a.m. Thursday.

Volunteers must be 18 and bring photo identification. Searchers are asked to wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts and appropriate shoes and to bring a sack lunch and enough water for the day-long search.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110831/NEWS01/110831019/Search-resumes-Thursday-missing-woman?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »

Markham was working at David's Bridal and at a book store. Carter said that he received multiple text messages from Markham after he left her in the early hours of Aug. 14. One of those text messages asked him to burn some of her bank documents.

"She had a big old bag full of stuff from the bank and so she had me go and burn them," Carter said. "Personally, it really was just an innocent little chore she wanted me to do for her and basically I went to a friend's house and I got rid of them."

Who does that burn bank documents at that time frame..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ohio-woman-katelyn-markham-search-joined-texas/story?id=14405579

Am I missing something here?

She texted him to burn her documents AFTER he left her - did he already have them with him for some reason? I don't remember seeing that he went back to get them after receiving the text, so he must have had them in the car with him if he went directly to a friend's house to use the firepit. Strange that she would have given them to him without instructions, then had to text him to tell him to burn them.

Something just isn't right with his story IMO. I think he needed an excuse to burn something (Dear John letter, her phone, clothing) and used her phone to text himself as a way of creating an alibi. I think something happened, he killed her, then had to create a way to show she was alive after he left her. The fact that the photo he received was not of Katelyn, but was of a PHOTO of Katelyn that her boss took of her makes me believe she was not alive when that photo was sent to his phone. I think he was smart enough to know how to turn off the GPS and also smart enough to know about cell phone tower pings. It would be interesting to see the phone messages between the two (did he or she answer any questions like they were in a dialog?) and the ping info. Did he leave his phone at a place close to where his friend lived, go back to Katelyn's and use her phone to call himself? I hope she just needed to get away and will turn up alive, but I am not hopeful.

Has Katelyn's family made any comment regarding the BF? Are they supporting him?

What was the last time anyone other than the BF had any contact with her? All I have seen so far is his timeline as to the last time she was seen that night.
marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 08:43:48 AM »

I wonder how JC knows he passed a polygraph.. I thought that  results would
not be disclosed during an investigation..

https://www.facebook.com/mommyoftwobeauties?sk=wall

Post on Victoria Chafin's FB page:
Edit to fix typo. MB

Debi Benvie Carter
FYI, John has asked me to post that he has not taken a polygraph. He has taken a voice recognition test which he passed. Since it was referred to as a lie detector he assumed it was a polygraph.
10 hours ago
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:42:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »

I wonder how JC knows he passed a polygraph.. I thought that  results would
not be disclosed during an investigation..

https://www.facebook.com/mommyoftwobeauties?sk=wall

Post on Victoria Chafin's FB page:

Debi Benvie Carter
FYI, John has asked me to post that he has not taken a polygraph. He has taken a voice recognition test which he passed. Since it was referred to as a lie detector he assumed it was a polygraph.
10 hours ago

Victoria Chafin, not Ghafin! 
Fixed typo.  MB
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:43:22 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »

I have a feeling that this is going to go away today and I am having trouble getting a screen shot:

Debi Benvie Carterposted toMissing! Bring Katelyn Markham Home
Dear Friends and Family. John has asked me to post the following: He has never been asked to take a polygraph; however, he has taken a voice recognition test which he has passed. A voice recognition test relies on the changes in your voice tones as to if you are lying or not. Since he does not want to be recognized as a liar, he stated "no" to the polygraph question.
11 hours ago · Privacy:

Kirstin Pamboris But he said he took the polygraph in is first interview with Nancy Grace. When asked if he'd passed he said yes. Sad
        11 hours ago · 7 people
        Aiohc Artclub yeah seriously at this point what is it? i want to defend him but...we need honesty on all fronts.
        11 hours ago · 6 people
        Dotty Fettes See my post below. I copied the transcript.
        11 hours ago · 1 person
        Debi Benvie Carter In all honesty, John did not know what test he was taking. The voice recognition test is referred to as a lie detector. John assumed that the VR test   was a polygraph.
        11 hours ago
        Aiohc Artclub so if he didnt know, why didnt he just say yes again tonight...or say he was confused the first time she asked??? not trying to attack but seriously, this is stuff you need to get right!
        11 hours ago · 3 people
        April Pridemore He has lied about more than that and it to will come out soon. I am not at liberty to say what but there is one other crucial thing he has lied to the public about! You all will see. This is exactly WHY i kept asking and pushing with the lie detector test. Im sure i'll be blocked from this page now but oh well. HE IS GUILTY. if anyone wants the truth check the other page thats truely dedicated to KATELYN and finding her and what happened to her.
        11 hours ago · 4 people
        Stephanie Schmidt Freeman If that's the case, why did he say he took one the first time?
        11 hours ago
        April Pridemore Because he wanted to throw everyone off his trail. He had a lot of time to think this through and that is why his interviews are inconsistant and he slips up every once in a while. He also did not tell the police about burning things when they questioned him either. There are a lot of other things he has lied about that i cant say but he is caving and it will come out soon
        11 hours ago · 4 people
        Janet Murphy Williams I agree,it is unfortunate
        11 hours ago
        Dotty Fettes He also answered tonight that he hadnt taken one because the police didnt ask him. So if he got the two mixed up and took a VR wouldnt the police have asked him to take it?
        11 hours ago · 1 person
        Janet Murphy Williams but, on this pge, I have read posts from friends and family that say he took three tests
        11 hours ago · 2 people
        Janet Murphy Williams I feel the walls coming in......
        11 hours ago · 2 people
        Stacey Coffey Tucker The first time he was on Nancy grace he even said what questions he was asked during the lie detector!!!!!!! Wth!
        11 hours ago · 2 people
        Sarah Banks ‎@april, whats the other page? Why are there so many different stories and why aren't the usual people that jump to JC's defense posting ?? Im sure Im not the only person that feels misled by not only JC himself but his supporters because they have stated that he took polygraphs so if there is a page that is posting the truth and not just supposition I'd like to see that page. You can message me if you like.
        11 hours ago · 2 people
        Charlene Dietz Hopefully everything will come to a head tomorrow and Katelyn will be found. Everyone is working very hard to bring her home.
        11 hours ago · 2 people
        Sarah Banks Why would the police ask him to take a vr and not a polygraph??
        11 hours ago
        Sarah Banks ‎@Charlene whats going on tomorrow?
        11 hours ago · 1 person
        Jasper Peppers sarah, i believe the page to which april is referring is the katelyn markham disappearance community page.
        11 hours ago · 1 person
        Londi Ford there was a huge search today, they might all still be out there or have come home exhausted & straight to bed. I'm sure family & friends will post soon.
        10 hours ago
        Charlene Dietz ‎@Sarah the huge search tomorrow.
        10 hours ago
        Debi Benvie Carter John is in a no win situation. If he stated now that he took a polygraph (after finding out the real test) he would come off a liar. If he said he had, he would come off a liar. Since the police refer to this as a lie detector, what would you think. Would you really be concerned about the name of the machine you are hooked up to (Oh, I better remember this if I am going to be interviewed by Nancy Grace) or thinking.....I cannot find Katelyn and we are wasting time?
        10 hours ago · 3 people
        Janet Murphy Williams but, the friends and fa,ily said he took it three time!!!!!!!
        10 hours ago · 4 people
        Janet Murphy Williams family
        10 hours ago
        Stacey Coffey Tucker He specifically stated what questions he was asked during the "lie detector" that never happened. Come on!
        10 hours ago · 3 people
        Janet Murphy Williams this is not looking good, surely the family and friends are reconsidering
        10 hours ago · 2 people
        Amber Zimmerman Hi Debi-- I really understand your point, but For me, its not just about the poly or VR yes/no taking it..theres other things i have heard him say that make me wonder about him. I agree he gets a bad rap because people automatically assume its the bf/ husband..i believe he is innocent until proven guilty..but to everyones defense here he hasnt helped his reputation any and its not just about the test..I feel for you as a family member to defend your love one when u feel so strongly about him..buts its about Katelyn and her whereabouts and getting her Home safe...I just pray for everyone involved and she is found safely Asap. :/
        10 hours ago · 2 people
        Debi Benvie Carter Yes, he took a VR test which is the same as a lie detector. Think about someone close to you, someone your entire life revolves around, and then think about how clear headed you would be in this situation. It is very easy to judge on FB about people one does not really know because you have never been a situation like this and I hope you and your family never are, but when a love one is missing one's brain cannot wrap around even the most simple tasks in life. Words don't come, thoughts are jumbled, life is horrible.
        10 hours ago · 4 people
        Janet Murphy Williams we understand,but still,it is about finding Katelyn.....not masking John feel loved,supported.
        10 hours ago · 1 person
        Janet Murphy Williams making
        10 hours ago
        Sarah Banks Thank you jasper and charlene.
        10 hours ago
        Rhonda Collins
        I have been reading this since its been up and i have never posted anything in refrence to john being guilty but i have seen several times family and friends jump real quick to his defence and yes i have seen the post saying three times it ...See More
        10 hours ago · 7 people
        Riley Judi Eckel Schiffaeley ‎*recognized as a liar*
        10 hours ago
        Debi Benvie Carter
        ‎@ Amber. I have known Miss Katelyn since she was 14. She is a friend of my daughter's who introduced her to John. I love Katelyn as a daughter....she is one of my girls. I also know what type of relationship John and Katelyn have. He...See More
        10 hours ago · 3 people
        Amber Zimmerman
        ‎@Debi...I know i meant that in a good way( i guess i didnt say that right?)..I would stand by my love ones also i wasnt trying to say you are wrong or anything to defent him..I am the same age as Katelyn i really feel as a young woman i ca...See More
        10 hours ago
        Debi Benvie Carter Thank you Amber....you are smart and beautiful you young woman.
        10 hours ago · 1 person
        Amber Zimmerman Thank You.
        10 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock ‎@Debi: I thought his sister said she introduced them and I also thought that Katelyn had written somewhere they met online? Now it's someone else who introduced them? Are you John's mom? If so why would you say she's a friend of my daughter's and not she's my son's fiance.
        10 hours ago · 4 people
        Amber Zimmerman I think Carter is her married name? so she could easily not be related to him
        10 hours ago · 1 person
        Melissa Botts The page is katelyn markham disapperance all things considered
        9 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock I agree, that's why I was asking. If she is his mom, then his sister introducing them makes sense, but if not, then what is the truth? Not that it matters in the disappearance, it's just one more thing that does not make sense. Why do all these stories keep changing?
        9 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock Oh, and someone on the other page says she is his mom, but I just found the wording very strange, to say, "my daughter's friend" instead of my son's fiance or even my future daughter in law. It seems so distant.
        9 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock ‎(If she is his mom)
        9 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster
        Elisha quit askin stupid ass questions that r completely irrelevant. Debi is johns step mom. Step or by blood, she is his mom. An since ur writin a damn book bout their family n how everyone met, katelyn was her daughters friend an her daug...See More
        9 hours ago · 3 people
        Jennifer Webster
        I think everyone should really stop attempting to play DETECTIVE n point fingers when 90% of the ppl on this page don't have a clue wats really goin on. U can't b a detective unless uve seen firsthand wat is goin on an u can't make logical ...See More
        9 hours ago · 1 person
        April Pridemore From what i gather from johns fb she is his mom or could be stepmom
        9 hours ago · 1 person
        Rhonda Collins
        wow,never know if a book will be written about this and i would ask that too,why the friend of a daughter and blood or not son fiance. It does sound distant. And what everyone is getting to is stories are drifting and getting jacked up. Sto...See More
        9 hours ago · 2 people
        Jennifer Webster
        It is not ur damn job to point fingers n accuse ppl when u r totally effin clueless. Before worryin bout who did wat n y, katelyn has to b found first. Findin her is the first step. So quit sayin who is guilty, bc that's not wat matters rig...See More
        9 hours ago · 2 people
        Jennifer Webster
        UM HELLO U VERY SPECIAL PPL, IF THE COPS R NOT GOIN AFTER JOHN THEN DID U EVER THINK THAT MAYBE JUS MAYBE THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT? THEY R THE ONES TRAINED FOR THIS SO IF THERE WERE ANYTHING OUTTA THE ORDINARY HERE THEN THEY WOULD B DEALI...See More
        9 hours ago · 1 person
        Jennifer Webster AN RHONDA REREAD WAT I SAID. DEBI WAS ONLY SAYIN "A FRIEND OF MY DAUGHTERS" CUZ ALL THE NOSY ASS PPL ON HERE WANNA KNOW HOW KATE N JOHN MET. KATELYN STARTED OUT AS A FRIEND OF JOHNS SISTER. THEN JOHNS SISTER INTRODUCED THEM TO EACH OTHER. SHE WAS JUS EXPLAININ HOW THEY MET LIKE EVERYONE WANTED.
        9 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock
        Jennifer, I will ask what ever questions I want. I am just confused because so many stories keep changing. Thank you for answering (your rudeness aside.) All 3,000+ people who like this page are worried about her. If you will notice some of...See More
        9 hours ago · 5 people
        April Pridemore
        Jennifer unfortunately many of us live in the exact area this took place so we/they are all just as concerned because we do not want anything to happen to our loved ones. And this is apart of our community so EVERYONE is talking/speculatin...See More
        9 hours ago · 2 people
        Sue Remmy
        all i know is that willie asked the fairfield chief of police and sheriff jones if he passed a polygraph on todays show and they would neither say yes or no. willie cunningham said he knows what that means, it means no and the sheriff chu...See More
        8 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock Sorry to comment again, but the all caps and ghetto typing did take awhile to get through, if he's lying about something so simple and easily proven as an ld then why should anyone on this page believe anything else? People who believed him, supported him (not his family, but the other 2000+ people) are gonna be pretty mad if they are being lied to.

I wasn't asking you anyway.
        8 hours ago · 1 person
        April Pridemore
        Jennifer, just because they have not arrested him yet does not mean they dont think john had anything to do with it. Simply put a case has to be built to turn over to the prosecutor and they have to make sure they dot all i's and cross all ...See More
        8 hours ago · 1 person
        Jennifer Webster
        Hahaha I know the family. An I live a mile away from where its happening. An ELISHA, ur quite the selfish lil witch aren't u? How could u say this girls families r not victims as well? U wouldn't consider urself a victim if sumone u loved a...See More
        8 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster
        I'm not sayin they aren't watchin him. Of course they're gonna watch him closely seein that he was the last one to see her but they r watchin EVERYONE at this point simply bc there isn't any evidence whatsoever to tell them who to look at. ...See More
        8 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock
        Damn, why does everyone take to "if your family member...blah blah blah." Actually both my mother and my father were killed by someone else's neglegence, at different times. No I don't consider myself to be a victim. I consider myself to b...See More
        8 hours ago · 1 person
        Jen Kenkel Jennifer, you need to calm down... this is about Katelyn, not about you.
        8 hours ago · 1 person
        Rhonda Collins
        i agree april. Im not saying he is guilty or not guilty but lets say love is making family and friends defensive.ok. Cause there are husbands,wives,moms, dads,sons and daughters that do things like rob steel and commit horrible crimes and i...See More
        8 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster
        Yea u r definitely a selfish lil bitch. Ur family died n all u have to say is "damn I'm an orphan now." Lmao. U should b ashamed. That is really sick. "My familys dead now but the more important thing is I'm an orphan now. They died but i d...See More
        8 hours ago
        Elisha Dasenbrock Well, you REALLY read a lot into my words and presume much. But that's okay. Maybe Rhonda is right and you are really hurting by the loss of your loved one...oh wait, I clicked on your name and it doesn't say that you are mutual friend of Katelyn's. Odd.
        8 hours ago · 1 person
        Sarah Smith Jennifer, this page is about helping spread the word about katelyn markham, helping to find her, and sending thoughts to the family and friends involved. This is not a place to call people names and attack one another. Take the drama somewhere else please. Thanks
        8 hours ago · 2 people
        April Pridemore
        Jennifer ive had enough of your dumb shit. You came to this page, if you dont like it GET THE f*** OFF IT. it is a nationally known case so the public are going to state their opinions which is exactly why numerous amount of ppl have died.....See More
        7 hours ago · 1 person
        Jennifer Webster ha see u there!
        7 hours ago
        Angela Hatfield Maines I joined this page to show support for a missing girl in the community and to keep up 2 date on the search, as I thought a local page involving family members would prove more accurate
        7 hours ago
        Angela Hatfield Maines
        I'm very saddend for all involved whether we are speaking of Katelyn or John or their families. It appears many people on here have lost sight of what's important and wht the true meaning of community support means. This has become a mocker...See More
        7 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster
        I'm sorry to anyone I've offended. I'm not "pro john" or pro anybody except pro katelyn. But wouldn't everyone agree that katelyn wouldn't b happy to know how everyone is rippin him n his family apart? She loves him so highly doubt shed app...See More
        7 hours ago
        Sarah Smith It's not that you are being attacked for defending anyone, but from what I read, you started to personally attack others.
        7 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster
        No I spoke my opinion in the first comments an after that about 3 or 4 different ppl start comin at me for defending him n his family. I know his mother that posted this an she does not deserve to b drilled by ppl on fb. So yes after 40 com...See More
        7 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster How's it fair for them to drill his mom like this but not fair for them to b drilled right back? If his mom should b drilled for no reason, then so should they.
        7 hours ago
        Sarah Smith Well idk... It didn't start to get rude till you called Elisha a selfish witch... But let's try to keep the arguments out of this. Next time just move on and ignore them. I know it's hard sometimes but its for the best interest of everyone. Plus this was intended to help bring katelyn home and not attacking others. That goes for everyone in this thread. Just trying to keep it positive Smile
        7 hours ago
        Jennifer Webster
        And yes if u read everything then ud know I was bein attacked for defending him seein how one of them called me "pro john ppl" when I never claimed to b pro anybody. But when sumone is bein drilled n doesn't deserve it, yea I'm gonna defend...See More
        7 hours ago
        Sarah Smith I agree with you wholeheartedly... But like I said arguing about it isn't getting anyone anywhere fast to finding katelyn... So with that said, let's just leave it at that. Again let's Just bring Katelyn home ... That's the main goal
        7 hours ago
        Lori Rogers Wow.......
        6 hours ago
        Shelly West-Luttrull Again, it seems as if some people have veered off the topic of the original post. Again, this has become a pissing match between some idiotic people. Grow up. Debi stated some facts and suddenly everyone has their opinion of whether this is true. If you can't stop the bickering, do it somewhere else.
        3 hours ago · 1 person
        Heather Lykins Thesken It's sad that I have to come to a missing girl's page for entertainment. Sad
        2 hours ago
        Frosh Gregory
        you all are sick in the heads, like stated before The police are trained for this and will follow up on TRUE suspects. who knows if john did it or not, we CAN NOT arrest anyone or prosecute them so lets do what we can. FIND KATELYN and let ...See More
        about an hour ago
        Ed Taylor ‎@Frosh, thank you. Good post. The thread was supposed to be about the polygraph / CVSA.
        about an hour ago
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=184973914907878&id=177646608973942

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »

Search for Katelyn Markham 9-1-11 .. Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aetnu8v7ivE&feature=player_embedded
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:32 PM »

Intensive search for Katelyn Markham begins

FAIRFIELD - More than 120 people - including Katelyn Markham's fiancé John Carter - gathered early Thursday at Fairfield West Baptist Church for the most intensive search yet for the missing 22-year-old art student.

Markham's father, Dave, was among them and stood before the crowd during a briefing on ground rules for the search coordinated by Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team.

There was prayer. Fairfield West Associate Pastor James Dick thanked God for his "guidance, strength, love and patience" for searchers. He asked for prayers from Dave Markham.

EquuSearch founder Tim Miller turned to Dave Markham in front of the crowd.

"Dave, it does not look good," Miller said about the prospect of finding his daughter alive. "But we are going to hold onto that hope until we know different."

continued..

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110901/NEWS01/109020338/Intensive-search-for-Katelyn-Markham-begins?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »

Volunteers Gather For Katelyn Markham Search ..Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txwI_zF13cU&feature=player_embedded

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »

snipped..
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110901/NEWS01/109020338/Intensive-search-Katelyn-Markham-begins?odyssey=nav|head

David Markham remained at the command center and did not go out with a search party Thursday. Carter signed up for a search team. He had been missing lately from searches organized by Markham's friends, saying he had hurt his leg.

Carter and David Markham did not interact with one another during Thursday's event.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »

Texas Equusearch leads search for missing Fairfield woman..

snipped..

Founder of Texas Equusearch, Tim Miller, spoke to the crowd before they broke off into groups and asked the volunteers to be careful, to stay together and to use common sense in the search process.

Search coordinator, Dave Rader, instructed team leaders to take smaller groups to specific mapped areas for searching.

The search will follow a process where volunteer will go into staked-off sections of a wooded area and then enter the area in a line. The volunteers will walk directly into the woods for about 25 to 30 feet, then turn around and go back the same way. Rader told team leaders to consider the search as looking for a contact lens.

If anyone finds anything suspicious that requires a second look, they are to yell, "Halt" and get the team leader to come for further inspection.

Read more: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_north_cincinnati/fairfield/texas-equusearch-leads-search-for-missing-fairfield-woman#ixzz1WkRrUwSx

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »

One area where searches smelled decomposition and going back to the area
to search.. Reported in video

snipped..
Markham disappeared more than two weeks ago-leaving behind her car, purse, and dog at her home on Dorshire Drive.  Since then, groups of friends and family have organized almost daily treks into the area around where Katelyn was last seen, looking for clues.  So far they've found nothing substantial.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Texas-Team-Searches-For-Missing-Woman/ajdUR8rrA0qlItAtyNTLrw.cspx
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »

Searchers Comb Remote Area Looking For Missing Woman
Published: 9/01 6:05 am
Updated: 1:05 pm

video at link
A small group of volunteers is helping a Texas group search in the oppressive heat for any sign of a missing Fairfield woman.  So far, they've found nothing of significance to leave them to Katelyn Markham.
According to our partners at the Hamilton Journal News, police have determined the location of the cell phone tower that Markham's phone last pinged or received a signal from. But, police are not revealing that location.  Police say the phone was turned off at 12:45 a.m. on the day she was reported missing, August 14th.
The Journal News also reports that Markham's fiance has changed his story about taking and passing a polygraph test. When John Carter appeared on Nancy Grace’s CNN show on August 25, he said he took and passed a polygraph test concerning the disappearance of Katelyn Markham. But when Carter appeared again on the show Wednesday evening, he said he had not taken one
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Searchers-Comb-Remote-Area-Looking-For-Missing/ajdUR8rrA0qlItAtyNTLrw.cspx

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »

Nearly three weeks later, still no sign of Katelyn..

Carter said Fairfield police also administered a voice stress analysis test - which measures stress in a person's voice to determine credibility - a couple of days after Markham disappeared. He said he believes he passed it.
Inside Markham's house, Carter said nothing seemed amiss, except Markham's dog was locked in a bedroom, not the bathroom where Markham usually left the dog when she was gone. Her purse and keys were still there.
There have been rumors that the couple argued Friday night when they went to the Sacred Heart Festival over Carter's spending $100 on raffle tickets for a prize of $10,000.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110902/NEWS01/109030337/Nearly-three-weeks-later-still-no-sign-Katelyn?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »

Hmmm..Carter said Fairfield police also administered a voice stress analysis test and he
believes he passed...
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »

Texas EquuSearch temporarily suspends search for Katelyn Markham..

The Texas group organizing a massive search for a missing 22-year-old Fairfield girl is temporarily suspending the search for the rest of the weekend.

Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller says the search is being suspended due to the extreme heat in the area and to give searchers time to "decompress." Miller will be returning to Texas for the rest of the weekend to help with a fundraiser for the organization.

http://www.wxix.com/story/15390014/texas-equusearch
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »

Search for Katelyn Markham comes up empty
Restaurateur Jeff Ruby donates $10,000 to the cause..

Searchers for missing college student Katelyn Markham plan to take a few days off after finding nothing during eight hours of looking during Saturday's brutal heat.

"We covered a lot of ground today, but the heat was a killer," said Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team, which is coordinating efforts to find the missing Fairfield woman.

"I decided to suspend the search for a few days to let everybody step back and decompress," he said Saturday night.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110903/NEWS01/109040345/Search-Katelyn-comes-up-empty?odyssey=mod_sectionstories
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/david-markham%3A-katelyn%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98remarkable%2C-enthusiastic%E2%80%99

David Markham: Katelyn’s ‘remarkable, enthusiastic’

Posted: 09/04/2011
Last Updated: 5 hours and 44 minutes ago

By: Jessica Noll By: Jessica Noll

FAIRFIELD, Ohio - David Markham helps where he can in the search for his missing daughter, Katelyn Markham. Four words sum up how he feels about his eldest: “Very proud, very proud.”

“I just want her to come home—no questions asked. Just come home and act like these three weeks never happened, and let’s just get back with life. She’s got too much to offer, too much to finish that she started and come home and let’s finish it,” said David.

He stood inside the Fairfield West Baptist Church’s gymnasium, the command center, Saturday handing out food and drinks to searchers, hoping for any word about Katelyn.

“My involvement is just staying here at the command center. They do not want me going out. So I just try to fill up waters, help with food, sign people in. Great turnout today, roughly 200 people, horses, dogs, got a lot more of that today. So I think we covered some serious ground, some big heavy-populated areas.”

Jeannie1807
Scared Monkey

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »

Hopeing and praying they find something tomorrow when Equasearch resumes searching.

I also am hopeing Nancy Grace will give us any news.  She seems to be following this case pretty well.

Where are you Katelyn?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »

http://www.wxix.com/story/15399416/search-for-katelyn-markham-to-resume-thursday

Search for Katelyn Markham to resume Thursday
Posted: Sep 06, 2011 3:50 AM PDT Updated: Sep 06, 2011 9:58 AM PDT
By Trina Edwards - email

FAIRFIELD, OH (FOX19) -

The search for Katelyn Markham will resume on Thursday.

Officials with Texas EquuSearch, a mounted search an recovery team, say they will be back in town on Wednesday after spending Labor Day at home in Texas.

Tim Miller, director and founder of Texas EquuSearch, says volunteers and searchers need time to decompress. They will spend Wednesday regrouping and preparing for a search on Thursday.

Searching was suspended over the weekend due to the excessive heat.

The command center for Thursday's search will be located at the Fairfield West Baptist Church, 5345 Muskoph Road. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and bring a photo ID. They are also asked to bring their own water and lunch and dress appropriately for searching.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2011, 08:35:29 AM »

Katelyn Markham flyers disappearing..Video

FAIRFIELD, OH (FOX19) -

Katelyn Markham's friends and family are trying to figure out why flyers of the missing 22-year old are disappearing.

"Some places in Fairfield, they're being ripped down, I'm not sure which places exactly, and some in Hamilton around the courthouse," said Krista Snyder, friend of Katelyn's.

Officials with the City of Fairfield say city workers are not responsible for taking down the fliers and it's unclear who is responsible. Snyder says fliers started disappearing two weeks ago and it's hurting the efforts to bring Katelyn home.

"They're hurting her face being shown," said Snyder. "We want her out there as much as possible. We just want to bring her home safe.

http://www.woio.com/story/15414937/fliers-for-a-missing-fairfield-woman-being-taken-down
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.