March 19, 2024, 01:52:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373571 times)
scooters mommy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »

TO THE BROTHERS, SISTERS AND FATHER OF JOSH POWELL WHO CONTINUE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR HIM.....

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR MURDERING HIS CHILDREN!  WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON, WHAT RELIGION DO YOU PRACTICE WHERE MURDERING YOUR CHILDREN BY CHOPPING THEIR NECKS WITH A HATCHET THEN BURNING THEM TO DEATH IS OK? 

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS.  IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS THEN YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN YOUR MURDERING BROTHER/SON!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »

TO THE BROTHERS, SISTERS AND FATHER OF JOSH POWELL WHO CONTINUE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR HIM.....

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR MURDERING HIS CHILDREN!  WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON, WHAT RELIGION DO YOU PRACTICE WHERE MURDERING YOUR CHILDREN BY CHOPPING THEIR NECKS WITH A HATCHET THEN BURNING THEM TO DEATH IS OK? 

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS.  IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS THEN YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN YOUR MURDERING BROTHER/SON!

What she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA!!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »

Deputies seize cell phone of Josh Powell’s sister

Pierce County sheriff’s detectives confiscated the cell phone of Josh Powell’s sister after she refused to give emails and voicemails he left for her before he killed his sons Sunday, newly filed court records show.

Alina Powell called 911 on Sunday to report she’s received four emails and a message from her brother that made her concerned for his safety. Detectives contacted her later in the day and requested copies.

“During the interview, Alina became upset and refused to allow Det. Sanders to copy the emails and refused to provide the phone to Det. Sanders,” the search warrant states.  The detectives later got a court order and seized the phone.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/08/deputies-seize-cell-phone-of-josh-powells-sister/

Alina's nephews are dead.  Why will she not cooperate?  What a warped sense of loyalty.

Nevertheless ... it would be interesting to know the time period between Alina's call to 911 regarding Josh's communication and when Josh did the unthinkable happened.  Was there an immediate response attempt by LE?

Thanks Northern Rose

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »

Did the 911 operator mishandle social worker's call in Powell case?

::snipping2::

Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said Wednesday that his department is still waiting to receive a copy of the "call-and-dispatch" log from the 911 center to see exactly how long it took for deputies to respond. The center did not immediately respond to a public records request from The Associated Press for the document.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/624515/Did-the-911-operator-mishandle-social-workers-call-in-Powell-case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2012, 04:48:48 PM »

Powell boys’ grandfather: “I just couldn’t fathom it”

For the full interview with Chuck and Judy Cox, watch “Nancy Grace” Wednesday at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. EST on HLN.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/08/powell-boys-grandfather-i-just-couldnt-fathom-it/?hpt=ng_mid
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »

ITA!!!

Would somebody in that family please show an iota of grief over the deaths of 5 and 7 year old angels who wanted nothing more than to be loved?  Quit trying to protect and sanitize the reputation of a piece of rubbish that didn't deserve the title of father.  And those of you who live in Texas, if you can't figure this out, I make house calls. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »

My heart goes out to the social worker in her attempt to convince the 911 operator the seriousness of the situation.

Janet

++++

Social worker's 911 call from Josh Powell's home
The Associated Press – 3 hours ago

Police have released a series of recordings from 911 calls made Sunday when authorities in Washington state say Josh Powell locked himself and his two young sons in his house and lit it on fire. The following transcript comes from a social worker who had just arrived at the home with the boys for a court-ordered supervise visit. The transcript has been edited to remove personal information.

DISPATCHER: Good morning.

<snipped>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hu3YZxVj8ZLUP9ij_0IpIXhZ6GaA?docId=ffe38b8eec9b4d50810e9fd3d61b8973

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

911 audio from Josh Powell’s sister, boys’ caseworker
Posted by Lauren Rabaino on February 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM

The files below contain 911 audio from calls placed by both the Powell boys’ casework and Josh Powell’s sister during Sunday’s deadly fire. Warning: This audio contains intense and disturbing material and may not be appropriate for all listeners.

<snipped>

http://today.seattletimes.com/2012/02/911-audio-from-josh-powells-sister-boys-caseworker/

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Josh Powell's family just told me they will delay a service for him so the focus stays on the children. #JoshPowell #susancoxpowell

https://twitter.com/#!/Brooke4Trib
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »

DISGUSTING! Westboro Haters to Picket Funeral of Boys Killed by Father

The Westboro Baptist Church just announced they will picket the funeral of Charlie and Braden Powell, who were killed earlier this week by their father. From the Twitter feed of Margie Phelps, daughter of the haters' founder Fred Phelps:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/07/1062711/-DISGUSTING-Westboro-Haters-to-Picket-Funerals-of-Boys-Killed-by-Father

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »

The Westboro Baptist Church just announced they will picket the funeral of Charlie and Braden Powell, who were killed earlier this week by their father. From the Twitter feed of Margie Phelps, daughter of the haters' founder Fred Phelps:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/07/1062711/-DISGUSTING-Westboro-Haters-to-Picket-Funerals-of-Boys-Killed-by-Father

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

Ditto!!!!!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

Dispatch organization responds to criticism over Powell 911 calls

The following is Law Enforcement Support Agency (LESA) director Tom Orr's statement:

"We at the Law Enforcement Support Agency are deeply saddened by the deliberate, heinous and evil actions of Josh Powell. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

All of us at LESA take our citizens’ safety very seriously and we have begun a full investigation of how these calls were handled. We know that seconds count and we are committed to providing the fastest response possible. Our entire focus is to improve procedures to increase citizen safety and the safety of our officers.

Things that we now know about this evil tragedy are not always so clear to those involved in the initial moments. What happened with this call first comes to us blindly on the other side of a phone; it is only in hindsight that we see things that are not apparent to the call takers.

Having said that, it is critical that the citizens of this county know that we understand our responsibility and that we live by the principle of accountability. We will investigate all aspects of this incident, and if there is a need to refine our processes (as we do continually) we will do so. If there is a need to investigate from a disciplinary perspective and assign individual responsibility, we will do that as well. That process cannot be accomplished overnight – nor should it.

Our primary interest is determining best practices for the critical function that we perform hundreds of thousands of times each year – and get it right well over 99 percent of the time. But we will not be satisfied until we are as close to perfect as we can be. We do this for a simple reason – so that the Pierce County community has confidence in how we perform our mission.

There are no words that adequately express the sorrow we feel for the family of Charlie and Braden. Nor can we dismiss the incredibly evil acts that Josh Powell committed, and his responsibility for the outcome. We will focus on those things that we can do to make our citizens and residents feel safe and be safe."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Dispatch-organization-responds-to-criticism-over/skqe6WWdmUuJgDi65KJHJA.cspx
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »

They hardly ever show up, just a bunch of freaks looking for headlines.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »

Maybe the dispatchers should read a newspaper once in a while so they have a better understanding about current events in their community. Are they preparing to be Florida jurors?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »

Pastor spoke with Powell days before murder and saw no sign of a problem .

PUYALLUP, Wash. – Josh Powell’s pastor says he spoke with Powell on the phone last Thursday night – just days before Powell killed his two sons and himself - and there was no indication of a problem or a “change in his outlook.”

“Josh spoke with me during that phone conversation about seeing him Sunday evening following the Sunday afternoon visit with his sons,” Pastor Timothy Atkins of First Bible Church said in a statement.

Just after noon on Sunday, Powell set fire to his home, killing his sons, Charlie and Braden, and himself. Powell was a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife two years ago.

“Although we had questions about the disappearance of Susan Powell, we made efforts to minister to (Josh) through giving counsel in making needed changes in his life…,” said Atkins.

Atkins said in October of 2011, he helped Powell move from Puyallup into the house in Graham, and in November, Powell asked him to assist with child visitation by supervising visits with his sons. 

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Pastor-spoke-with-Powell-days-before-murder-and-saw-no-sign-of-a-problem-138971879.html
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »

http://gma.yahoo.com/cps-worker-pleaded-cops-come-powell-blew-house-032332551--abc-news.html
CPS Worker Pleaded for Cops to Come Before Powell Blew Up House
By DEAN SCHABNER and MICHAEL S. JAMES | Good Morning America – 6 hours ago

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19166158&title=powells-sister-angry-says-she-never-thought-josh-could-kill-his-sons&s_cid=featured-2

Powell's sister angry, says she never thought Josh could kill his sons
By Sam Penrod
February 8th, 2012 @ 5:01pm

HOLLADAY — Jennifer Graves is feeling all the emotions: sadness over the loss of her nephews, anger at her brother, and the questions of why and what if?

On Sunday, Feb. 5, her brother Josh Powell murdered his children and killed himself after igniting gasoline he'd spread throughout his home. Investigators say the killings were planned and intentional.

On Wednesday, Graves spoke with reporters for the first time since the tragedy. While she admits she would not have been surprised if Josh had kidnapped his sons, she never imagined he was capable of killing them.

"People always have a choice. You do not have to murder someone to make your statements, to make your point."
–Jennifer Graves

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »

I remember at the beginning of this case, Jennifer and her husband stood side by side with Josh.  It wasn't long before Josh's story didn't add up and they also believed he had something to do with Susan's disappearance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.