March 18, 2024, 08:15:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373536 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »

Thanks, I didn't remember that. 
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #321 on: February 11, 2012, 12:38:33 AM »

He must have cleaned that spot with something really good... or it was not blood at all. If they found her blood, he would have been picked up immediately. Don't you think?

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2012, 12:49:42 AM »

He must have cleaned that spot with something really good... or it was not blood at all. If they found her blood, he would have been picked up immediately. Don't you think?

Yes, I agree.  But was the spot even tested or was the LE terribly inept here too?  I guess it was juice , b/c it wasn't mentioned much in the media.

A bit suspicious to have a big wet spot in the carpet right after your wife goes missing, and then it's just juice that she bothered to clean before she ran off!

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #323 on: February 11, 2012, 01:16:19 AM »

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/02/10/main-purpose-editorial-cartoon-visual-comment-issues

Main purpose of an editorial cartoon is visual comment on issues

Grondahl's cartoon showed Susan Powell and her two young sons, Charlie and Braden. The cartoon accompanied an editorial about Josh Powell and his actions Sunday in killing himself and the two boys.

Those that I talked to who objected to Grondahl's work felt the cartoon showed a lack of respect for Susan Powell and her children.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #324 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19:49 AM »

Yes, I agree.  But was the spot even tested or was the LE terribly inept here too?  I guess it was juice , b/c it wasn't mentioned much in the media.

A bit suspicious to have a big wet spot in the carpet right after your wife goes missing, and then it's just juice that she bothered to clean before she ran off!
It could be that a cleaning agent was used that destroyed the dna.  Or maybe LE was just keeping that part close to the vest to see if Josh would slip up and say it was blood.  I'm thinking we'll find out when they've got definite results on the quilt.

Who keeps a bloody quilt?  

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »

I've read the 911 operator's comments about wishing he'd recognized the name of JP.  But the thing is, this could've been any visitation of any family.  If 911 receives a call from a case worker in this manner, 911 needs to give importance to the call.  Kids' lives are always important.  This being a high profile case is irrelevant. 

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #326 on: February 11, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »

I sure hope police tested it... or the taxpayers are wasting their money. Another thing that is suspicious to me:

I have been alive for a pretty long time. Not once have I ever discussed buying quilts with any of my buddies!!!!

Not even if I found a BARGOON - or the best quilt sale ever!!!! The guys I hang out with --- quilts never come up.

Add in - a wife missing, and your focus is on a new quilt? My head is spinning.

Jennifer Graves is dead on about her bro, Josh.  >>> odd duck, she called him.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #327 on: February 11, 2012, 01:32:18 AM »

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/02/10/1985530/powells-mundane-hours-before-atrocity.html

Powell's mundane hours before atrocity spent running errands

Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said the comforter was turned over to West Valley City, Utah, police, who are investigating the disappearance and presumed murder of Powell’s wife, Susan Cox Powell.

West Valley City police will test the comforter to see whether it’s relevant to their investigation, Troyer said. It was too early to tell Friday.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/02/10/1985530/powells-mundane-hours-before-atrocity.html#storylink=cpy

So the WA LE have turned over the comforter to Utah.  sheesh...I hope they didn't mail it.  The way this case has gone, it would get lost in transit.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2012, 01:32:49 AM »

Here's another reference to leaving Susan behind to clean the red carpet stain...

::snipping2::
Dec. 7, 2009: Josh and Susan Powell failed to drop off their two sons at a day care in Utah, and Susan failed to show up for work that day, sparking family members to start a search for her. Josh later told police that he left with his sons, then ages 4 and 2, in the middle of the night (a 12:30 a.m. departure, he said) and didn’t return until late in that day, well after Susan had gone missing. He said he took the boys camping at Simpson Springs Recreation Area, leaving his wife at home, where she was busily working to remove a red stain from the carpet. Temperatures reached freezing that night.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/07/timeline-the-powell-familys-tragic-two-years/

I just find it odd that Josh would try to explain the carpet being wet by saying Susan didn't go on the camping trip to stay home and clean the carpet.  It Susan was running away why would she clean the carpet before she left?

It makes no sense, IMO.  If you killed your wife, why would you bother to stop to clean the carpet if it was only red juice? Maybe if it was blood it would be important to clean the carpet  during this time frame.  But even if it was juice, why clean it then, during the time when your wife has disappeared? And you later try to convince the world that she ran away with another man.

I find it odd that we heard about the wet carpet, but never that the police investigated why the carpet was wet or that it was even tested to determine what had been cleaned.

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2012, 01:39:45 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=19191136

Funeral services to celebrate happiness Powell children brought to family

"We'd like to recapture some of the innocence that was taken, not just from those kids but from the whole community because we really feel like this could be a healing moment.
–Dean Curry, funeral director

A movement on Facebook is encouraging everyone to wear blue Saturday in honor of the boys. During the funeral service, a children's choir will sing "Amazing Grace," the boys' schoolteachers will remember them in talks, as will the pastor who was with the boys during the custody battle. Chuck and Judy Cox will follow with remarks and are expected to thank the community for its support.

The sheriff's office said Powell had not made any special requests to attend the funeral, nor would they honor such a request unless they received a court order.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:23 AM »

http://www.bing.com/videos/browse/source?tag=msnbc%3Adateline+nbc

Dateline NBC "A Family's Story"
Friday, February 10, 2012

-------------------

At link--Video selections of a series of 16 short segments of the program.  Three of the segments are of the 911 Powell dispatcher.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:44 AM »

It could be that a cleaning agent was used that destroyed the dna.  Or maybe LE was just keeping that part close to the vest to see if Josh would slip up and say it was blood.  I'm thinking we'll find out when they've got definite results on the quilt.

OK!

In Aruba we had blood that turned into cleaning fluid and chocolate.

Here we have cleaning fluid that turns into juice.

I hope that Carpe is correct in that the police just didn't release the results of any testing as a tactical reason.

Aside - wouldn't whatever the substance that made the red spot have seeped into the padding under the carpet and maybe the subfloor depending how much was spilled and whether the excess was sopped up right away?  And Josh must have had this all planned out to have a cleaning fluid on hand that removes all traces of blood.  I wonder what that magical cleaning fluid is called?  I bet a lot of murderers and would be murderers and cleaning fanatics would like to know.

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2012, 01:53:51 AM »

OK!

I hope that Carpe is correct in that the police just didn't release the results of any testing as a tactical reason.

Aside - wouldn't whatever the substance that made the red spot have seeped into the padding under the carpet and maybe the subfloor depending how much was spilled and whether the excess was sopped up right away?  And Josh must have had this all planned out to have a cleaning fluid on hand that removes all traces of blood.  I wonder what that magical cleaning fluid is called?  I bet a lot of murderers and would be murderers and cleaning fanatics would like to know.
From our own files... and thank you  Blonde!
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3354.0
Most professional villains already know that a dilute solution of household bleach or hydrogen peroxide will destroy the DNA molecules within most types of trace evidence left at a crime scene.

http://www.scandals.org/articles/pk021129.html

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2012, 02:01:28 AM »

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-blood-stains6.htm

This site gives tips on removing blood stains from lots of surfaces.

How to Remove Blood Stains
Carpet
Follow these steps to remove blood stains from Carpet/Synthetic, Carpet/Wool, or Foam Rubber:
Mix 1 teaspoon of a mild, non-alkali detergent with 1/2 pint lukewarm water.
Add a small amount to the stain and blot the liquid. Do not force the stain further into the fibers.
Continue blotting until no more stain is removed.
If stain remains, add 1 tablespoon ammonia to 1 cup water (do not use on wool), sponge stain, and blot liquid.
Continue until no more stain is removed.
Place an absorbent pad over the damp area and weight it down.
When no more liquid is drawn out, remove the pad and allow it to air dry thoroughly.

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2012, 02:27:12 AM »

OK!

From our own files... and thank you  Blonde!
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3354.0
Most professional villains already know that a dilute solution of household bleach or hydrogen peroxide will destroy the DNA molecules within most types of trace evidence left at a crime scene.

http://www.scandals.org/articles/pk021129.html

First, I want to apologize for attributing your thoughts to Carpe on the tactical reasoning of not mentioning the results of testing the stain.

Second, police testing seems to find microscopic traces of blood not visible to the naked eye.  I would imagine this would also apply especially to padding under most carpets.  And LE say that even though crime scenes are often cleansed by the perpetrators, that they often cannot/ do not remove all trace evidence.  Even cleaning companies that specialize in cleaning up crime scenes, accidents and suicides say cleaning up all traces is extremely difficult.  That's what I meant by magical cleaning fluid.

Third,  Josh seemed to be the type of guy who wouldn't know about things domestic as they were things best allotted to women. 

JMO.  Again, a big red stain, whatever it was, needing to be cleaned/ or being cleaned during the time when your wife mysteriously disappears or runs away is a big RED flag!  That was the point I've tried to make.  That and why it wasn't mentioned anymore.

I've probably made too big a deal out of the carpet stain/cleaning - so I won't say anything more on it, for awhile at least.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2012, 02:31:34 AM »

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-blood-stains6.htm

This site gives tips on removing blood stains from lots of surfaces.

How to Remove Blood Stains
Carpet
Follow these steps to remove blood stains from Carpet/Synthetic, Carpet/Wool, or Foam Rubber:
Mix 1 teaspoon of a mild, non-alkali detergent with 1/2 pint lukewarm water.
Add a small amount to the stain and blot the liquid. Do not force the stain further into the fibers.
Continue blotting until no more stain is removed.
If stain remains, add 1 tablespoon ammonia to 1 cup water (do not use on wool), sponge stain, and blot liquid.
Continue until no more stain is removed.
Place an absorbent pad over the damp area and weight it down.
When no more liquid is drawn out, remove the pad and allow it to air dry thoroughly.

Thanks for the info.

I notice it says to blot not scrub.  Blotting would produce the need for towels or another absorbent fabric - say a quilt or something.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2012, 05:30:39 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501363_162-57375220/911-call-worker-says-josh-powell-exploded-home/

February 10, 2012 9:55 PM

(AP)  OLYMPIA, Wash. — Utah authorities have for at least six months investigated the disappearance of Susan Powell as a murder case. But without a body, they publicly held out hope that she would be found alive.

So what evidence did they have that the mother of two was dead? And was there anything to identify her killer?

There was the damp spot on the floor in their Utah home and a curious late-night camping trip described by her husband. There were also the recollections of their young son Braden about a camping trip and his mother being "in the trunk."

That could strike some as a clue, or the ramblings of a boy who was then just 2.

For authorities in Utah, none of it was enough to bring charges.

The man identified by investigators as a "person of interest" — Powell's husband Josh — had already moved from Utah to Washington state, taking with him their two young sons. On Sunday, he torched his house, killing himself and the boys. A 911 call released by police late Tuesday revealed a social worker's frantic attempts to alert authorities that Josh Powell had locked himself and his two young sons in his home moments before he set the house on fire, killing everyone inside.

Now, as authorities try to determine what led him to take such a drastic measure, many questions remain about the status of the investigation into Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance and how close they were to bringing charges.

A Washington state search warrant obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request Tuesday showed that police were investigating three felonies in Utah: first-degree murder, kidnapping and obstructing a public servant.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill acknowledged for the first time that investigators believe Powell is likely dead, but he said in an interview with the AP that the case remains a missing persons probe for now.

Gill wouldn't discuss the evidence but said authorities didn't have enough information to file charges.

"I think when I talk about it as a missing persons case, that's because we haven't located the body of Susan Powell,"
Gill said. "Do we think that she may have met harm? Sure. I think that's been an ongoing assumption with law enforcement."

Investigators said Josh Powell withdrew $7,000 in cash from a bank the day before he killed himself and his two young sons in the house fire.

Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said detectives obtained Powell's bank records Monday, and on Tuesday they searched a storage unit he rented. It isn't clear what happened to the money.

Josh Powell claimed that on the night Susan Powell vanished, he took sons Charlie and Braden from their home in West Valley City, Utah, on a late-night camping trip. Authorities eventually searched the central Utah desert but found nothing.

Susan Powell's father said that when police went to the family home after she was reported missing, they found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans. Police have not commented further on what they found.

When Utah authorities traveled to Washington following the blaze Sunday that killed 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden, they didn't specifically address what the boys may have said.

West Valley, Utah, Police Chief Buzz Nielsen said authorities needed concrete evidence to move forward.

"When you charge on criminal cases, especially if it ends up being a homicide ... without a body, it's just more difficult. You have to have a stronger case to make those arguments in court," Nielsen said Monday.

"We have circumstantial evidence that I'm not allowed to talk about it," he said. "On a criminal case of this nature you've got one shot, beyond a reasonable doubt in court."

Last September, authorities got a warrant to search the home of Josh Powell's father, Steve. Josh Powell and his sons were living there at the time. The documents obtained by the AP did not specify a suspect.

In addition to the charges, the warrant listed Steve Powell's work laptop computer as well as cars that he used.

Authorities found explicit images on his computers during the search, and he was jailed on voyeurism and child porn charges. The boys were later sent to live with Susan Powell's parents.

The boys had not recently made more comments about what may have happened to their mother, Charles Cox said, though he related what Braden said nearly two years ago.

Cox said: "The four ladies that were supervising that activity said, 'Well, what's this?' 'That's us going camping.' 'Who's in the car?' And Braden said, 'That's Daddy, that's Charlie, that's me.' Then he said, 'Well, mommy's in the trunk.'

"Well if Mommy's in the trunk, why is she in the trunk?' He didn't know, he didn't say, I guess. Then, he said we stopped somewhere and mommy and daddy got out and mommy didn't come back," Cox said.

Nielsen said despite the death of the young boys and Josh Powell, the probe would continue.

"Our case is not closed," the police chief said.

Lindquist, who is overseeing the voyeurism prosecution of Steve Powell but is not directly involved in the Susan Powell case, said it's clear to him that it's a homicide case.

"I don't think at this point I'm going to call this a missing person case," he said. "It's reasonable to call Josh Powell's decision to kill himself and his kids a confession to the murder of Susan Powell."

___

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2012, 05:48:12 AM »

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11491958-josh-powell-latest-comforter-found-with-blood-stain

In Dec. of 2009, Josh Powell offered to cook for the family. One of their Latter Day Saints guests said it took him four hours to prepare the meal, and after Susan ate, she went to bed saying she wasn't feeling well even before her girlfriend left the house.

In hindsight the friend said it was completely out of character for her to behave in that way. Some speculate Powell put something in his wife's food and that is also why he passed out the plated up food instead of serving it family style.

Just after the meal, with his wife in bed, Josh took off in the van to take the kids sledding, returning home after 8:00 p.m. Neighbors say they heard the car alarm go off for at least 2 minutes in their garage that same night at around 11:00 p.m. when he told authorities he was preparing to take the kids camping in the freezing temperatures.

The next day when the kids were not dropped off at day care, Susan didn't show up at Well's Fargo where she was a stockbroker and Josh missed his work and didn't call in, friends called the police. When law enforcement showed up at the house, they broke in thinking the family must have died inside from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Instead of finding the family
they found two fans blowing on a wet spot on the floor in the Powell's Utah residents. Later when Josh Powell came home from his "camping" trip he told authorities he thought it was Sunday, not Monday.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »

Sign guest book for Charlie and Braden Powell.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/tribnet/guestbook.aspx?n=charlie-and-braden-powell&pid=155808480&cid=view

Challapalca him!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2012, 06:37:37 AM »

20/20 2/10: Sins of the Father
http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55170303/2020-210-sins-of-the-father

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.