March 18, 2024, 08:39:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373539 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2012, 07:13:52 AM »

http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories/x50590549/WENDY-J-MURPHY-Memo-to-judges-First-do-no-harm
WENDY J. MURPHY: Memo to judges: First do no harm!
By Wendy J. Murphy
For The Patriot Ledger
Posted Feb 11, 2012 @ 06:00 AM

Read more: http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories/x50590549/WENDY-J-MURPHY-Memo-to-judges-First-do-no-harm#ixzz1m4fxoQpe

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2012, 07:44:18 AM »

Here's another reference to leaving Susan behind to clean the red carpet stain...

::snipping2::
Dec. 7, 2009: Josh and Susan Powell failed to drop off their two sons at a day care in Utah, and Susan failed to show up for work that day, sparking family members to start a search for her. Josh later told police that he left with his sons, then ages 4 and 2, in the middle of the night (a 12:30 a.m. departure, he said) and didn’t return until late in that day, well after Susan had gone missing. He said he took the boys camping at Simpson Springs Recreation Area, leaving his wife at home, where she was busily working to remove a red stain from the carpet. Temperatures reached freezing that night.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/07/timeline-the-powell-familys-tragic-two-years/

I just find it odd that Josh would try to explain the carpet being wet by saying Susan didn't go on the camping trip to stay home and clean the carpet.  It Susan was running away why would she clean the carpet before she left?

It makes no sense, IMO.  If you killed your wife, why would you bother to stop to clean the carpet if it was only red juice? Maybe if it was blood it would be important to clean the carpet  during this time frame.  But even if it was juice, why clean it then, during the time when your wife has disappeared? And you later try to convince the world that she ran away with another man.

I find it odd that we heard about the wet carpet, but never that the police investigated why the carpet was wet or that it was even tested to determine what had been cleaned.

How many times had the family gone camping in the middle of the night(just to return hours later) with/without Susan?  Did cops ever ask?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »

Geesh!  How could Josh Powell have been too busy working at home to take Susan to the hospital to give birth to her first son?

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/FEATURE-NEWS/HAD-A-BAD-FEELING-EVERY-TIME-I-SAW-HIM-br-Josh-Powell-s-mother-in-law-br-I-New-interview-reveals-portrait-of-a-troubled-young-man-I-905284
“HAD A BAD FEELING
EVERY TIME I SAW HIM”

Josh Powell’s mother in law.
New interview reveals portrait
of a troubled young man
February 11, 2012

NATIONAL) -- Judy Cox, the mother in-law of the late Josh Powel who murdered his two sons and took his own life near Puyallup last Sunday, says she long had harbored bad feelings about the young man her daughter married, according to an interview broadcast Friday evening on NBC's “Dateline” news magazine program.

“I had a bad feeling every time I saw him. I even asked my daughter why are you marrying him?” said Judy Cox Friday night in an interview broadcast on NBC that attempted to find some answers to the nagging question of why a man who professed love for his two young boys would kill them in such a horrible act of violence.
When Susan and Josh Powell’s first child Charlie, was born Josh Powell, then working from home, said he was too busy to drive his wife to the hospital to give birth, said Susan’s parents who also told NBC they ended up driving their daughter to the hospital.

And when Josh Powell finally arrived, “He sits in the back of the room working on his computer (while she was in labor),” said Chuck Cox. “It was a really odd experience,” he added.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »

http://www.faofwa.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1389639&fh_id=10210

Obituaries
Charlie and Braden Powell

(Died February 5, 2012)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2012, 08:58:47 AM »

Geesh!  How could Josh Powell have been too busy working at home to take Susan to the hospital to give birth to her first son?

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/FEATURE-NEWS/HAD-A-BAD-FEELING-EVERY-TIME-I-SAW-HIM-br-Josh-Powell-s-mother-in-law-br-I-New-interview-reveals-portrait-of-a-troubled-young-man-I-905284

He was a reviling POS.  I can't imagine how that must have hurt Susan.  She may have been caught up in that "battered woman" syndrome to stay with him. The syndrome where they stay b/c they don't feel worthy enough to deserve better and are too afraid to leave.

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »

He was a reviling POS.  I can't imagine how that must have hurt Susan.  She may have been caught up in that "battered woman" syndrome to stay with him. The syndrome where they stay b/c they don't feel worthy enough to deserve better and are too afraid to leave.

Or maybe she thought he would change?  And sometimes women stay with their men for the children's sake.  I know of someone that stayed with a verbally abusive and controlling husband until the kids got out of high school and then she left him.  In Susan Powell's case, I wonder if she stayed with him hoping things would get better and when they didn't and maybe she even had concerns for her sons, that she wanted to get the boys and get away from him, especially for the the children's sake and safety and that's why he killed her.  Maybe Susan stood up for her sons when she had never stood up for herself and that rankled Josh.  I just don't know.  In my opinion, Josh was all about control.  JMHO

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »

Or maybe she thought he would change?  And sometimes women stay with their men for the children's sake.  I know of someone that stayed with a verbally abusive and controlling husband until the kids got out of high school and then she left him.  In Susan Powell's case, I wonder if she stayed with him hoping things would get better and when they didn't and maybe she even had concerns for her sons, that she wanted to get the boys and get away from him, especially for the the children's sake and safety and that's why he killed her.  Maybe Susan stood up for her sons when she had never stood up for herself and that rankled Josh.  I just don't know.  In my opinion, Josh was all about control.  JMHO

I agree, Muffy. Many women think they can change the man.  Josh was all about control, as was evidenced in his "over my dead body" comment.  Control is a major component of the battered woman syndrome, too.  Mind control through verbal, emotional and/or physical abuse.  So is ownership/ possessions. The ultimate act of abuse is murder, with the mindset of if I can't have you, nobody will.  He definitively showed that in the murder of his two sons.

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »

I've read that Ted Bundy was a real charmer.  Maybe Josh was able to fool Susan for a little while.  Once they were wed, maybe she was too embarrassed to admit she'd been fooled.

I'm not sure how the carpet/cleaning fluid became such an issue in previous posts.  I was simply trying to point out that there are ways to clean blood and a simple google search can produce results.  Josh was competent enough to use a computer and devious enough to clean up a spill if it served his purposes.  As for it being a red flag...well, we don't know that LE wasn't holding any info from testing back.  They don't always tell media everything they know.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/139150414.html
1st responders to Powell explosion struggling with grief, anger

Hundreds of neighbors, first responders, and complete strangers turned out en masse to a Puyallup benefit Friday night, raising more than $15,000 for the grandparents of two boys killed by their father in a fire Sunday.

Friday was the first day back on the job for the firefighters who responded to Sunday's blaze. The department held what's called a "critical incident stress debrief," Franz said, in which firefighters discussed the physical and emotional impact the incident had.

Poor folks.  This will stay with them forever.  And I can't imagine how the neighbors deal with getting up every day and seeing the charred remains of the house.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/139150414.html
1st responders to Powell explosion struggling with grief, anger

Hundreds of neighbors, first responders, and complete strangers turned out en masse to a Puyallup benefit Friday night, raising more than $15,000 for the grandparents of two boys killed by their father in a fire Sunday.

Friday was the first day back on the job for the firefighters who responded to Sunday's blaze. The department held what's called a "critical incident stress debrief," Franz said, in which firefighters discussed the physical and emotional impact the incident had.

Poor folks.  This will stay with them forever.  And I can't imagine how the neighbors deal with getting up every day and seeing the charred remains of the house.

It's just so utterly heartbreaking. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »

Tomball cousin of Josh Powell's 911 call released .

http://www.khou.com/news/Josh-P-139133389.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

Today's service will focus on two happy boys, good memories

Charlie Powell loved to create art and couldn’t get enough of bugs.
His little brother, Braden, liked the movie “Cars” and dressed as the Transformer Bumblebee for Halloween.
Family and friends of the little boys will be focusing on memories such as those Saturday when they gather to remember the two brothers.
“(The family) said we want there to be reinserted some happiness about these children,” said Dean Curry, pastor of Life Center Church, where Saturday’s memorial service will be held.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/10/2021304/service-will-focus-on-two-happy.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »

Funeral coverage for Charlie and Braden Powell begins at 10:30 a.m.

http://www.kirotv.com/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

Service for Powell boys will be 'about who they were, not how they died'

The pastor speaking at Saturday's memorial service for Charlie and Braden said he intends to make it about the "best moment" in the slain boys' lives and not about the "wickedness" that led their father to kill them.

“I think it’s healthy to grieve," Pastor Dean Curry said Friday. "If you hear a story like this and you’re not heartbroken, go see a professional immediately. This is as dark and as sad as it gets."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-purple-bows-line-streets-near-charlie-powells-elementary-school-20120210,0,3682030.story
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »

I've read that Ted Bundy was a real charmer.  Maybe Josh was able to fool Susan for a little while.  Once they were wed, maybe she was too embarrassed to admit she'd been fooled.

I'm not sure how the carpet/cleaning fluid became such an issue in previous posts.  I was simply trying to point out that there are ways to clean blood and a simple google search can produce results.  Josh was competent enough to use a computer and devious enough to clean up a spill if it served his purposes.  As for it being a red flag...well, we don't know that LE wasn't holding any info from testing back.  They don't always tell media everything they know.

ITA, KittyMom.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501363_162-57375220/911-call-worker-says-josh-powell-exploded-home/
Susan Powell's father said that when police went to the family home after she was reported missing, they found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans. Police have not commented further on what they found.
"We have circumstantial evidence that I'm not allowed to talk about it," he said. (
West Valley, Utah, Police Chief Buzz Nielsen)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Josh probably did Google how to clean it up, but that would be on his computer too.

So nJosh cooks, Susan gets sick and goes to bed after dinner.  He takes the kids and goes camping, and said Susan stayed home to clean up a RED stain.  But she disappears before he gets home.  And meanwhile the police find the stain before he gets home.

So either she gets up from being sick, cleans the stain and then runs away.

Or, Josh cleans the stain before he goes on the camping trip.

And why say it is RED, why not orange,pink or purple?

To me, this is as telling as J2K saying Natalee fell out of the car at the HI and hit her head!

I can see why the police might hold back evidence of blood in the carpet.  Susan could have bled onto the carpet near the spot at anytime - she did live there.  Her blood on the carpet would be circumstantial - unable to prove a crime was committed and/ or when the blood was spilled there.

Anyway it went down, it (the carpet stain/cleaning)  just seemed odd to me and even odder that it wasn't mentioned much again.

Challapalca him!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »

The service will be at 11 a.m. at Life Center Church. A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery, Puyallup.

KOMO News will stream the memorial service live online, starting at 11 a.m.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Community-readies-to-say-goodbye-to-Powells-children-139152069.html
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »

not sure if this has been posted,geezze a sorta bribe,just for some common
respect,for 2 little boys who  prob  knew nothing, about  our worlds, probs
 with crazies and eccentrics

Posted at 10:58 AM ET, 02/10/2012
Josh Powell’s sons’ funeral protest cancelled by Westboro Church in exchange for air time

By Elizabeth Flock
The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is standing down.
The Topeka-Kansas hate group had planned to picket Saturday’s funeral of Charlie and Braden Powell, murdered Sunday by their father Josh Powell. But hours after a Seattle-based Catholic talk radio show offered the church a segment in exchange for not picketing the funeral, a leader of the WBC said they would “stand down
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/josh-powell-funeral-protest-cancelled-by-westboro-church/2012/02/10/gIQAf7S73Q_blog.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »

live local stream of braden and charlie service
http://www.komonews.com/live

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »

Why did Josh's doorbell work? I figured he took more care in his diabolical plan than that. The electric should have been cut at the breaker box.

When someone plugs in a laptop transformer, the AC/Heat kicks on, or rings a doorbell it creates a tiny spark. Sometimes you can see it, sometimes you can't, depends on the lighting. But be sure it is there.

I wonder if the social worker thought she heard it because she was just pushing the button? Or she actually did? (doorbell)

With all those fumes around... I'm surprised the UPS guy didn't light his short hairs. I know about gas fumes all too well. In the 80's
one of my uncles went to start a bonfire. He threw the match in, but was standing down wind in the fumes. It burnt off all his
chest hair. It took weeks before we could tell he was surprised again.... cause he had no eye brows.

He is actually an intelligent guy with a degree and everything... although, you wouldn't know it on that specific day.
I guess we all drop a clanger every now and again.... but I do like to take notes from others. I find it to be good for
my health and safety.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »

Charlie and Braden Powell Funeral Program
http://www.scribd.com/doc/81300082/Charlie-and-Braden-Powell-Funeral-Program

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.