March 18, 2024, 10:12:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373549 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2012, 08:16:35 PM »

I was just watching Shep on Fox News. He said that when the operator FINALLY dispatched the call for response, he categorized the call as "routine" rather than urgent or life threatening.

Routine!!!

Social worker's 911 call from Josh Powell's home
By The Associated Press – 1 day ago

Police have released a series of recordings from 911 calls made Sunday when authorities in Washington state say Josh Powell locked himself and his two young sons in his house and lit it on fire. The following transcript comes from a social worker who had just arrived at the home with the boys for a court-ordered supervise visit. The transcript has been edited to remove personal information.

DISPATCHER: Good morning.

SOCIAL WORKER: Hey, I'm on a supervised visitation for a court ordered exhibit and something really weird is happened. The kids went into the house and the parent, biological parent, his name is Josh Powell, will not let me in the door. What should I do?

911 OPERATOR: What's the address?

SOCIAL WORKER: 8119 and I think it's 89th -- I don't know what the address is.

911 OPERATOR: OK, that's pretty important for me to know.

SOCIAL WORKER: I'm sorry, just a minute. Let me get in my car and see if I can find it. Nothing like this has ever happened before in these visitations, so, I'm really shocked and I can hear one of the kids crying but he still wouldn't let me in. OK, it is one, uh, one ... Oh, just a minute I have it here. You can't find me by GPS?

<snipped>

SOCIAL WORKER: OK. It's 8119 189th St. Court East, Puyallup, 98375. And I'd like to pull out of the driveway because I smell gasoline and he won't let me in.

911 OPERATOR: You want to pull out of the driveway because you smell gasoline but he won't let you --

<snipped>

911 OPERATOR: Alright, we'll have somebody look for you there.

SOCIAL WORKER: OK. How long will it be?

911 OPERATOR: I don't know ma'am. They have to respond to emergencies, life-threatening situations first. The first available deputy will respond.

SOCIAL WORKER: This could be life-threatening. He went to court on Wednesday, and he didn't bring his kids back and this is really — I'm afraid for their lives.

<snipped>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hu3YZxVj8ZLUP9ij_0IpIXhZ6GaA?docId=ffe38b8eec9b4d50810e9fd3d61b8973

In all probability ... the time frame implies that those little boys could not have been saved no matter how quickly authorities responded and ... maybe more lives would have been lost in the process.  However ... for a 911 operator to classify this call as "routine" is beyond comprehension.  All the red flags were there.  My heart goes out to the frantic social worker who desperately attempted without success to convince the first emergency responder at the other end of the line the seriousness of the situation.  What a nightmare for this poor woman ... a nightmare that I am sure she will relive over and over again for the rest of her life.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=19209943
Police say Josh Powell killed his two sons by dousing them and his house with gasoline and then setting the house on fire on Feb.

He not only intended to kill his own sons, he also meant that the Coxes would not have their bodies to mourn over.  The chopping of their necks and burning them was over the top and meant to ensure that they absolutely wouldn't survive his attack.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »

Police say Josh Powell killed his two sons by dousing them and his house with gasoline and then setting the house on fire on Feb.

He not only intended to kill his own sons, he also meant that the Coxes would not have their bodies to mourn over.  The chopping of their necks and burning them was over the top and meant to ensure that they absolutely wouldn't survive his attack.

He wanted it quick and out of anyone's control but his own. From the email at 12:05p saying goodbye to his lawyer and employer
to the first call reporting the house explosion... 10 minutes. I think he did what he did in about 5 minutes or less. I Dream of Jeannie couldn't
have blinked herself there in 5 minutes. Nobody had a prayer.

::snipping2::
Sunday 2/5/2012 12:05 Emails sent from Josh Powell to his employer and attorney stating I'm sorry and goodbye.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:08 First 911 call from Foster Car Resource Network employee stating Josh Powell locked her out of his house during a supervised visit with Powell's sons.  Caller reports smelling gasoline.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:15 911 call from neighbor stating on a house exploded and is on fire.

http://www.connect2utah.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_270.shtml

It's crazy that a walking dead man would waste so much time on being "thoughtful."

-donating toys to Goodwill
-recycling

It sure makes everyone feel better that he was a 'green' psycho.

What a waste of time & brain power for what he was planning to do.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #423 on: February 13, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »

IMO, the chopping with the ax was done to immobilize the kids so they couldn't try to escape.  I hope the chops to the head rendered them unconscious so they didn't have to suffer the fear and pain of being burned alive. Hopefully all they realized was that Daddy was being mean and hurtful to them.  But what a horrendous betrayal for them in their last moments.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....!!!!!

Challapalca him!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:53 AM »

I find it curious that JP donated some of the boys' toys to a charity and yet kept some in the storage locker.  Why keep some?  What was he importance of keeping those toys?

Frankly, where I the Coxes, I'd not want those toys.  He might have laced them with acid or poison.  He was so evil, I wouldn't put that type of thing past him.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: February 13, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »

Search resumes at recycling center in case of Josh Powell

Volunteers sifted through tons of paper at a recycling center Sunday, hoping to find items that Josh Powell may have dumped before killing himself and his two sons in a house fire last week.

The search, involving about 20 people from Pierce County Search and Rescue, was expected to last all day.

"What happened last weekend really affected me. I could see smoke from the home from here," the recycling center's manager, Don Taylor, told KOMO News. "It would make me feel good if they found something here that could help answer questions about this whole terrible thing."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/12/search-resumes-at-recycling-center-in-case-josh-powell/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2012, 10:25:30 AM »

Volunteers dig through garbage, looking for Susan Powell clues VIDEO

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Volunteers-dig-through-garbage-looking-for-Susan-3311177.php
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »

He wanted it quick and out of anyone's control but his own. From the email at 12:05p saying goodbye to his lawyer and employer
to the first call reporting the house explosion... 10 minutes. I think he did what he did in about 5 minutes or less. I Dream of Jeannie couldn't
have blinked herself there in 5 minutes. Nobody had a prayer.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:05 Emails sent from Josh Powell to his employer and attorney stating I'm sorry and goodbye.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:08 First 911 call from Foster Car Resource Network employee stating Josh Powell locked her out of his house during a supervised visit with Powell's sons.  Caller reports smelling gasoline.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:15 911 call from neighbor stating on a house exploded and is on fire.

http://www.connect2utah.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_270.shtml

It's crazy that a walking dead man would waste so much time on being "thoughtful."

-donating toys to Goodwill
-recycling

It sure makes everyone feel better that he was a 'green' psycho.

What a waste of time & brain power for what he was planning to do.

Carpe, I think it's just another of his mind games.  He wants everybody to know HE was in CONTROL the whole time with his little sicko plans.  It's his ultimate way of taking absolute control of those kids.  Control freak until the end, literally.

But I totally disliked this psycho at first sight so I do think first impressions are often right.  I think "wormy" was the word that came to my mind as he is all in pallor and totally wouldn't speak to the public or camera and so forth.

Any member of LE that believed toddlers out after midnight in near zero weather to "make smores" needs to turn in his badge as he is in the wrong line of work!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »

I wonder if they are looking for clues or for Susan herself.  I would imagine remians would freeze in a car trunk in that kind of weather.

I don't normally like law suits if taxfunded agencies but I think the Cox family may have a case with LE refusing to act to protect their grandchildren.  Maybe this is the only way to get their attention and insure that they take cases seriously and as life threatening if they are held legally responsible.

Rant over.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »

Was it ever said how many times the family actually went camping since the boys were born?
Bet the cops didn't ask, is my take.
Is Utah a state that women and children are on the bottom of the chain?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »

Carpe, I think it's just another of his mind games.  He wants everybody to know HE was in CONTROL the whole time with his little sicko plans.  It's his ultimate way of taking absolute control of those kids.  Control freak until the end, literally.

But I totally disliked this psycho at first sight so I do think first impressions are often right.  I think "wormy" was the word that came to my mind as he is all in pallor and totally wouldn't speak to the public or camera and so forth.

Any member of LE that believed toddlers out after midnight in near zero weather to "make smores" needs to turn in his badge as he is in the wrong line of work!

Hi Anna - WORMY... good word. It fits. Speaking about his control:

Friends said Josh Powell became so controlling of his wife, it became legendary among those who knew them. She had to get his permission just to use the family car and had to follow a strict procedure in order to spend any money.

"He would give Susan an amount of money -- and on grocery shopping, he also had a spreadsheet that she was to look at through ads and find the cheapest price of things," said a friend, Michelle Oreno. "When she went shopping, she came home and she had to enter every single item into that spreadsheet. And if she spent more than a couple of cents more on a can of beans, Josh would really yell at her and get angry."

Josh Powell wouldn't even let his wife spend money on socks, insisting she knit them instead, said Denise Cox.

She said her sister considered leaving Josh Powell but didn't do so for fear of what would happen to the couple's two children, Charles and Braden.

"When I told her to leave with the kids, she told me that he had told her, 'Over my dead body will you have those boys. They're mine,'" Denise Cox said. "The boys were a possession to him. They were his possessions."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-marriage-josh-susan-powell/story?id=15552031

Someone needed to print that spreadsheet on a 2x4 and teach him the Kathy Bates method of Accounting. Don't ya think?

HE WAS A WORM.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »

Friends said Josh Powell became so controlling of his wife, it became legendary among those who knew them. She had to get his permission just to use the family car and had to follow a strict procedure in order to spend any money.

"He would give Susan an amount of money -- and on grocery shopping, he also had a spreadsheet that she was to look at through ads and find the cheapest price of things," said a friend, Michelle Oreno. "When she went shopping, she came home and she had to enter every single item into that spreadsheet. And if she spent more than a couple of cents more on a can of beans, Josh would really yell at her and get angry."

Josh Powell wouldn't even let his wife spend money on socks, insisting she knit them instead, said Denise Cox.

She said her sister considered leaving Josh Powell but didn't do so for fear of what would happen to the couple's two children, Charles and Braden.

"When I told her to leave with the kids, she told me that he had told her, 'Over my dead body will you have those boys. They're mine,'" Denise Cox said. "The boys were a possession to him. They were his possessions."

Someone needed to print that spreadsheet on a 2x4 and teach him the Kathy Bates method of Accounting. Don't ya think?

HE WAS A WORM.

Josh held the lives and safety of the children over Susan's head for total control.  Just sick!!!  It sounds like Susan's life was a living hell. She had to walk a fine line constantly or face Josh's threats and wrath. And all the time she was bowing and scraping to Josh's demands she must have had such fear for the safety of her sons.  She knew what was he capable of, imo. Josh treated another human being as described in the above article http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-marriage-josh-susan-powell/story?id=15552031 and he still had rights to the children?  He was a sick SOB.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »

I personally think it is time for Tricia Powell to grow a backbone and stand up for her daughter-in-law and grandsons. She failed to do so when she could have saved their lives.  The least she can do is speak out now so that others in this type situation can be saved.  I'm sure there are lots of psychologists out there that would love to better understand how to treat people subjected to abusers like JP.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »

HE WAS A WORM.

BBM - Tawanda!!!!  Different movie; same sentiment.  And, yes, worm is the appropriate term for that meglomaniac.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt
Books, map turn up during Powell-related search at recycling center
Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm wit

Searchers found a testament with Powell’s name on it, some paperback books with his wife’s name on them and the Utah map, the Sheriff’s Department reported.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt#storylink=cpy

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

I have been reading the news articles posted here, & other places as well.
This entire situation is very disturbing to me.

All monkeys are effected. How could u not be ??

E V I L = Josh Powell

I do not wish harm to anyone,
but in Josh's case it is hard not to.
He has to be the MOST dispicable person who has lived,
but 1st place goes to Elisa Baker. She was the top loon IMO !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #436 on: February 13, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt
Books, map turn up during Powell-related search at recycling center
Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm wit

Searchers found a testament with Powell’s name on it, some paperback books with his wife’s name on them and the Utah map, the Sheriff’s Department reported.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt#storylink=cpy
What exactly is a "testament "?
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: February 13, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »

I wish they allowed me to knit Josh some socks. Everything I try to make like that comes out lopsided as a mother.

That moron would have had a whopper of a podiatrist bill.

I just can't believe she had the talent and concentration power needed to make her own socks...

Yet, couldn't find a way  to escape Josh Jong Il. It must have been the fear of that squirt-pip-squeak

hurting the kids... like MuffyBee pointed out earlier today. He must have been a terror...

especially when nobody else could see, when they were at home together, nobody else around.

That sock thing has been sticking in my craw all day!

Yet --- in every pic she managed a beautiful smile like nothing was wrong. Even one that I

have seen from the last day she was ever seen again.

------------------
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: February 13, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »

I wish they allowed me to knit Josh some socks. Everything I try to make like that comes out lopsided as a mother.

That moron would have had a whopper of a podiatrist bill.

I just can't believe she had the talent and concentration power needed to make her own socks...

Yet, couldn't find a way  to escape Josh Jong Il. It must have been the fear of that squirt-pip-squeak

hurting the kids... like MuffyBee pointed out earlier today. He must have been a terror...

especially when nobody else could see, when they were at home together, nobody else around.

That sock thing has been sticking in my craw all day!

Yet --- in every pic she managed a beautiful smile like nothing was wrong. Even one that I

have seen from the last day she was ever seen again.
Yes I noticed that sweet Susan always had a smile on her face. What a wonderful attribute for a loving Mother.  Her two buys saw that contagious smile every day...
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:06 PM »

**boys
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.