March 18, 2024, 09:30:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373546 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: February 13, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=19209943
Police say Josh Powell killed his two sons by dousing them and his house with gasoline and then setting the house on fire on Feb.

He not only intended to kill his own sons, he also meant that the Coxes would not have their bodies to mourn over.  The chopping of their necks and burning them was over the top and meant to ensure that they absolutely wouldn't survive his attack.

He wanted it quick and out of anyone's control but his own. From the email at 12:05p saying goodbye to his lawyer and employer
to the first call reporting the house explosion... 10 minutes. I think he did what he did in about 5 minutes or less. I Dream of Jeannie couldn't
have blinked herself there in 5 minutes. Nobody had a prayer.

::snipping2::
Sunday 2/5/2012 12:05 Emails sent from Josh Powell to his employer and attorney stating I'm sorry and goodbye.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:08 First 911 call from Foster Car Resource Network employee stating Josh Powell locked her out of his house during a supervised visit with Powell's sons.  Caller reports smelling gasoline.

Sunday 2/5/2012 12:15 911 call from neighbor stating on a house exploded and is on fire.

http://www.connect2utah.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_270.shtml

It's crazy that a walking dead man would waste so much time on being "thoughtful."

-donating toys to Goodwill
-recycling

It sure makes everyone feel better that he was a 'green' psycho.

What a waste of time & brain power for what he was planning to do.

Carpe, I think it's just another of his mind games.  He wants everybody to know HE was in CONTROL the whole time with his little sicko plans.  It's his ultimate way of taking absolute control of those kids.  Control freak until the end, literally.

But I totally disliked this psycho at first sight so I do think first impressions are often right.  I think "wormy" was the word that came to my mind as he is all in pallor and totally wouldn't speak to the public or camera and so forth.

Any member of LE that believed toddlers out after midnight in near zero weather to "make smores" needs to turn in his badge as he is in the wrong line of work!

I so totally agree with your last statement, Anna---why on earth wasn't he arrested & charged with child endangerment then?
That just floored me---perhaps things would have turned out differently had LE used some common sense way back when.  Unbelievable.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: February 13, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »

I personally think it is time for Tricia Powell to grow a backbone and stand up for her daughter-in-law and grandsons. She failed to do so when she could have saved their lives.  The least she can do is speak out now so that others in this type situation can be saved.  I'm sure there are lots of psychologists out there that would love to better understand how to treat people subjected to abusers like JP.

Agree.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt
Books, map turn up during Powell-related search at recycling center
Post by Stacey Mulick / The News Tribune on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm wit

Searchers found a testament with Powell’s name on it, some paperback books with his wife’s name on them and the Utah map, the Sheriff’s Department reported.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt#storylink=cpy
What exactly is a "testament "?

I am assuming they were Mormon and perhaps this refers to a copy of the Book of Mormon ???  I don't know, though.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #443 on: February 13, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt

Searchers found a testament with Powell’s name on it, some paperback books with his wife’s name on them and the Utah map, the Sheriff’s Department reported.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/13/books-map-turn-up-during-powell-related-search-at-recycling-center/?storylink=twt#storylink=cpy

I am assuming they were Mormon and perhaps this refers to a copy of the Book of Mormon ???  I don't know, though.

First things I thought of when I read that - will or last statement. It wouldn't surprise me if he left something behind.

Lord knows that boy liked to talk and write. Said not a damn thing, but always took up 10 pages or more, to not say it.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #444 on: February 14, 2012, 09:19:14 AM »

Yes I noticed that sweet Susan always had a smile on her face. What a wonderful attribute for a loving Mother.  Her two buys saw that contagious smile every day...

I'm amazed that she was able to refrain from killing Josh!  I'd have had to HURT that boy BAAAD,myself.   

Challapalca him!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: February 14, 2012, 09:29:36 AM »

I agree Testament = Book of Mormon but I thought Josh had moved away from the church to the point that he didn't want the boys going to the LDS church with the Cox's.  I do know that Josh WAS Mormon when he and Susan met.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #446 on: February 14, 2012, 10:44:36 AM »

I'm curious if there were any markings on that map.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »

A search at a recycling center recovered some papers, books and a map of Utah that Josh Powell dropped off the day before he killed his two young sons and himself in an explosive fire, the Pierce County sheriff's office said.

Volunteers who combed through more than 10 tons of paper over the weekend found what the sheriff's office called a "testament" with Powell's name on it, some paperback books with his wife's name on them and the Utah map. The office did not elaborate on what the testament contains.

http://www.kirotv.com/ap/ap/environment/powell-papers-found-at-recycling-site-near-graham/nHcNc/
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #448 on: February 14, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »

http://mynorthwest.com/11/627311/Search-of-landfill-in-Powell-case-turns-up-books-map
Troyer said they were led to the landfill by someone who knew Powell, and told police he dropped off a box of items there the day before he killed his children in a gas-fueled blaze at his Graham rental home.

Interesting.  I wonder who's talking.  I can't imagine its anyone from his family.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #449 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »

http://**/sltrib/news/53506757-78/powell-casket-family-cox.html.csp

Powell boys laid to rest in single casket

The Cox family departed and several members of the Powell family — including the boys’ aunt, Alina Powell, uncle John Powell, aunt Jennifer Graves, grandmother, Terrica Powell — held their own private gathering at the burial site a short time later.

I assumed that Jennifer would attend the service with the Coxes.  I guess she was at the Powell gathering for her mom.  I'm glad Michael wasn't there.  I have a feeling he's as evil as his father and brother. 

I have so much sympathy for the Cox family and for Jennifer.  I have no sympathy for the Powells.  They could have protected those boys and they refused to do so.  Shame on them.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »

Utah woman says she saw Powell, father in mountains before Susan disappeared

PUYALLUP, Wash. —
A Utah woman said she saw Josh Powell and his father Steven in the mountains three months before Powell’s wife, Susan Cox Powell, was reported missing.

She told KTVX-TV they were in the Topaz Mountains and that they not looking for crystals.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said the two were not dressed for the outdoors.

“They were not friendly at all.  It was obvious they had their agenda and everyone else be damned. Their behavior was so out of the ordinary,” she said.

Another Utah woman said she saw Powell and his two young boys the day after Powell’s wife disappeared.

A hotel employee at a Comfort Inn in Sandy, Utah, said she saw Josh Powell and his sons getting breakfast and talked to one of Powell’s sons briefly.

Robin Snyder was in charge of free breakfast at the hotel.

"I was standing right behind Charlie.  Charlie looked right up at me and said, 'Do you know what happened to my mom?" and I went to say, ‘No, what happened to your mom?’” said Snyder.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/utah-woman-says-she-saw-powell-father-mountains-su/nHcTd/
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

http://**/sltrib/news/53506757-78/powell-casket-family-cox.html.csp

Powell boys laid to rest in single casket

The Cox family departed and several members of the Powell family — including the boys’ aunt, Alina Powell, uncle John Powell, aunt Jennifer Graves, grandmother, Terrica Powell — held their own private gathering at the burial site a short time later.

I assumed that Jennifer would attend the service with the Coxes.  I guess she was at the Powell gathering for her mom.  I'm glad Michael wasn't there.  I have a feeling he's as evil as his father and brother. 

I have so much sympathy for the Cox family and for Jennifer.  I have no sympathy for the Powells.  They could have protected those boys and they refused to do so.  Shame on them.

And even now the Powell's continue to blame any and everyone except maggot man.  God protect me from ever having to go through something like what happened to Susan, Charlie, and Braden, but if it did, I hope I would be able to put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the responsible party.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »

PUYALLUP, Wash. —
A Utah woman said she saw Josh Powell and his father Steven in the mountains three months before Powell’s wife, Susan Cox Powell, was reported missing.

She told KTVX-TV they were in the Topaz Mountains and that they not looking for crystals.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said the two were not dressed for the outdoors.

“They were not friendly at all.  It was obvious they had their agenda and everyone else be damned. Their behavior was so out of the ordinary,” she said.

Another Utah woman said she saw Powell and his two young boys the day after Powell’s wife disappeared.

A hotel employee at a Comfort Inn in Sandy, Utah, said she saw Josh Powell and his sons getting breakfast and talked to one of Powell’s sons briefly.

"I was standing right behind Charlie.  Charlie looked right up at me and said, 'Do you know what happened to my mom?" and I went to say, ‘No, what happened to your mom?’” said Snyder.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/utah-woman-says-she-saw-powell-father-mountains-su/nHcTd/

Let's hope that these people who are going public now with their accounts of having seen the maggot boys out in the mountains, or having breakfast in a motel, around the time Susan disappeared had already spoken to police way back then, instead of waiting until now for making their revelations.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »

PUYALLUP, Wash. —

When did LE know about this??
JMO, if from the beginning, then why wasn't 2sswipe arrested? Should of.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2012, 01:15:17 PM »

"The Book of Mormon--A New TESTAMENT of Jesus Christ," as dictated by their founder, Joseph Smith. Mormons believe that after Christ was crucified in Jerusalem, he came to North America and converted the indigenous peoples.  They also believe the Garden of Eden was in Missouri.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:45 PM »

PUYALLUP, Wash. —

Don't you have to be checked in to the hotel in order to get the "free breakfast"?  One of two things is happening in this scenario.  Either maggot man is ripping the hotel off for the comp breakfasts or he and the boys stayed in the hotel for no apparent reason. 

I sure wish the woman had been able to continue the conversation with Charlie a little longer but don't you know that daddy dearest was busily stuffing his son's mouth with a sock before anything more could have been revealed about "what happened to mom."    

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865550088/Search-of-landfill-uncovers-Powell-map.html

Search of landfill uncovers Powell map
By Pat Reavy, Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 14 2012 12:18 p.m. MST

Pierce County Sheriff's Sgt. Ed Troyer said the map is of Utah. He did not know immediately if the map was of the entire state or a specific area. Troyer said there were no extra markings on the map, such as pen or pencil marks, that weren't already printed on the map when it was sold.

Meanwhile, West Valley police said they had not received any test results back as of Tuesday on a comforter with a blood stain found in Josh Powell's Washington storage shed. The stain on the pink comforter was not large, Troyer said. Although it was confirmed to be blood, investigators did not know whose blood it was or even if it was human or animal blood.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »

PUYALLUP, Wash. —

Don't you have to be checked in to the hotel in order to get the "free breakfast"?  One of two things is happening in this scenario.  Either maggot man is ripping the hotel off for the comp breakfasts or he and the boys stayed in the hotel for no apparent reason. 

I sure wish the woman had been able to continue the conversation with Charlie a little longer but don't you know that daddy dearest was busily stuffing his son's mouth with a sock before anything more could have been revealed about "what happened to mom."    
Good catch.  Now, I wonder...was there any record of Josh and the boys checking into that hotel?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »

PUYALLUP, Wash. —

I've never yet had to show  I was checked in at hotels that offer the "free breakfast", unless it was a very fancy one, and I was  issued a breakfast voucher and it was a real restaurant setting.  Josh could have gone in an noshed without checking in, imo.  I hope he did check in, because it might give some validity with the lead, through check in or credit card records and I wonder how long they keep videos?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »

Well, I guess I've never stayed in a hotel that offered breakfast and been given a voucher.  Most of hotels I've eaten in haven't offered a free meal and I just used my credit card to pay or charged it to the room.  And I have never walked into the dining area from outside the hotel.  So, I guess if you've got the nerve, you might just breeze past the lobby and walk into the dining area.  And if we know anything about JP, he's pretty nervy when need be. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.