March 19, 2024, 01:30:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373567 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »

Pierce Co. Crime Stoppers buys cemetery plots next to Powell boys

In an effort to prevent the possible burial of Josh Powell next to the two young sons he killed, the nonprofit group Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County quickly purchased cemetery plots on each side of the boys Wednesday.

"Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County has purchased the plots surrounding Charlie and Braden Powell's place of rest to create a memorial site for the boys," a statement on the group's website said. It asked the public for donations.

::snipping2::

When the local Crime Stoppers group got wind of the news, Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor and Sgt. Ed Troyer each donated $100 to help purchase the plots, expected to cost about $4,000 to $5,000.

Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County has no paid employees, and is made up of 20 citizen volunteer board members, a program coordinator and an executive director.  Board members are responsible for fundraising for rewards, approving and paying rewards, and promoting the program to the community.

The group said the public can make a donation for the memorial here. http://tpcrimestoppers.com/

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-josh-powells-family-wants-him-buried-next-to-his-sons-20120215,0,1938194.story

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: February 15, 2012, 11:37:16 PM »

The Powell family had asked that a casket similar to the one the boys were buried in be used for Josh Powell and placed near the boys' burial location.

"Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does," Anne Bremner, an attorney for the boys' grandparents Chuck and Judy Cox, said Wednesday.

Bremner said she was preparing a temporary restraining order and planned to file it with the court if necessary.

"When I first heard this, I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. I've just been sick to my stomach. I'm just kind of speechless," she told the Deseret News. "You shouldn't have the murderer be there with the victims for time and eternity

Adding more salt to the situation, Bremner said the Cox family has bought a plot of land next to the children that they were hoping to use when missing Utahn Susan Cox Powell's body is found.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=19241512
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: February 15, 2012, 11:56:25 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/no-burial-next-to-sons-for-josh-powell-police-buy-plots.html

Josh Powell won't be buried next to sons; officers buy plots
February 15, 2012 |  7:51 pm

To keep Josh Powell from being buried near the sons he killed, Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County purchased the plots around Charles and Braden Powell's grave.

Josh Powell's family reportedly wanted him interred in the same cemetery on a hill overlooking his sons, whom he attacked with a hatchet before killing them and himself in a gas-fueled explosive fire Feb. 5.
Powell's relatives had selected a plot at Woodbine Cemetery 80 to 100 feet from the plot where Charles, 7, and Braden, 5, were interred Monday, the AP reported. More than 1,000 people attended the boys' funeral on Saturday.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #523 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »

The Powell family had asked that a casket similar to the one the boys were buried in be used for Josh Powell and placed near the boys' burial location.

Are these people condoning what Josh did to his family or are they just all CRAZY, insensitive, crass and plain stupid?

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2012, 12:05:08 AM »

If Steve wants to go to Josh's funeral, the prison system should allow it on only one condition - that Steve answer any and all questions under a lie detector test prior to being allowed to go.

Challapalca him!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2012, 12:05:56 AM »

Are these people condoning what Josh did to his family or are they just all CRAZY, insensitive, crass and plain stupid?

My guess is they blame LE and others for driving Josh to it, instead of laying the blame where it squarely belongs and that's on Josh himself.  He and he alone planned and executed the murder of two young, innocent boys. As far as CRAZY, insensitive, crass and plain stupid, I would say yes to all and lots more.  Warped minds and black hearts. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: February 16, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-washington-explosion-deathstre81f09a-20120215,0,1793530.story

Group moves to stop Powell from being buried next to sons
Katherine Luck
Reuters
9:58 p.m. CST, February 15, 2012

Puyallup City Manager Ralph Dannenberg said the move came amid outcry in the community over the proximity of the burial sites.

"I can't tell you the number of emails I've gotten about this," Dannenberg said.

Dannenberg reported that the sale of the adjacent burial plot to Powell's family had already been suspended through Friday pending the filing of a temporary restraining order by the Cox family.

But Bremner said the purchase of the burial plots would end the need for further legal action by the Cox family.

"They need to rest in peace," Bremner said of the two boys.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: February 16, 2012, 01:33:28 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57378951/controversy-surrounds-josh-powell-burial/

February 16, 2012 12:27 AM 
Controversy surrounds Josh Powell burial

(AP)  SEATTLE - Josh Powell's surviving relatives want him buried at the same cemetery as the two young sons he killed, in a plot just overlooking their grave, the city manager in Puyallup said Wednesday.

Powell's relatives visited the public Woodbine Cemetery and selected a plot just up a hill from the boys, about 80 to 100 feet away, City Manager Ralph Dannenberg told The Associated Press.

The grave, which is in clear view of the boys' plot, has already been dug and was covered with plywood Wednesday. The Powells haven't paid for it yet, and any sale is being put on hold because the parents of Powell's missing wife have promised legal action, Dannenberg said.
Attorney Anne Bremner, who represents Susan Powell's parents, Charles and Judy Cox, says she will seek a temporary restraining order to block Josh Powell from being buried there. She said she could pursue claims against the city for emotional wrongs and outrage on behalf of the Coxes if the burial goes forward.

"For him to be buried near those kids is just unthinkable," Bremner said. "For God's sake, for them to lose Susan first, and then the boys, and now this? Just give these people a break."

Powell's sister Alina did not return an email from The Associated Press seeking comment
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »

My guess is they blame LE and others for driving Josh to it, instead of laying the blame where it squarely belongs and that's on Josh himself.  He and he alone planned and executed the murder of two young, innocent boys. As far as CRAZY, insensitive, crass and plain stupid, I would say yes to all and lots more.  Warped minds and black hearts. 

Exactly!

This is beyond infuriating. I can only imagine how horrible this must be to the already added grief the Cox family is enduring. I pray that God puts His foot down and puts a stop to this sick torture the Powell's have been putting the Cox family through. Today, please Lord, make it stop today.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2012, 03:23:18 AM »

Maybe this is what the 7K was for?

I pray a judge blocks it or citizens of the community go invest in burial plots surrounding those babies.  No part of him deserves to be anywhere near those kids in life or in death.

That is what I was thinking, his sister had instructions to bury them close together.

That may very well be. Either it was his idea or theirs, or they more than agree with his last wishes. No one with a working heart and decent mind would even consider carrying out such wishes. If it were his last wishes and they had working hearts, they would find another cemetery. I agree with MuffyBee, this was intentionally meant to hurt the Cox family.

These people are perverse monsters. I am very concerned that they will put the Cox family through more hell, always looking for more opportunities. It's some sick war that they intend to keep raging to no end. Lord please make it stop.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #530 on: February 16, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »

Maybe this is what the 7K was for?

I pray a judge blocks it or citizens of the community go invest in burial plots surrounding those babies.  No part of him deserves to be anywhere near those kids in life or in death.

That is what I was thinking, his sister had instructions to bury them close together.

That may very well be. Either it was his idea or theirs, or they more than agree with his last wishes. No one with a working heart and decent mind would even consider carrying out such wishes. If it were his last wishes and they had working hearts, they would find another cemetery. I agree with MuffyBee, this was intentionally meant to hurt the Cox family.

These people are perverse monsters. I am very concerned that they will put the Cox family through more hell, always looking for more opportunities. It's some sick war that they intend to keep raging to no end. Lord please make it stop.
IF that 7K is being used to bury the killer, then Michael, Alina, or both knew beforehand of Josh's plan to kill himself and the boys.  Wouldn't that make them responsible for the crime?  I remember that Alina initially refused to give her cell phone to LE to see Josh's texts.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #531 on: February 16, 2012, 08:17:51 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/PierceSheriff
Detective Ed Troyer @PierceSheriff
Crime Stoppers just purchased the cemetary plots next to the Powell boys. We own the plots on both sides of the single grave the boys are in

This speaks volumes about the perceived level of Josh's guilt by these 2 men.

May God bless them and everyone who donates to help them in this beautifully selfless tribute to Charlie and Brandon.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #532 on: February 16, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57378951/controversy-surrounds-josh-powell-burial/

February 16, 2012 12:27 AM 
Controversy surrounds Josh Powell burial

(AP)  SEATTLE - Josh Powell's surviving relatives want him buried at the same cemetery as the two young sons he killed, in a plot just overlooking their grave, the city manager in Puyallup said Wednesday.

Powell's relatives visited the public Woodbine Cemetery and selected a plot just up a hill from the boys, about 80 to 100 feet away, City Manager Ralph Dannenberg told The Associated Press.

Uphill of the boys grave - Josh still trying to be in control by being buried overlooking and UPHILL.

Challapalca him!
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #533 on: February 16, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »

Powell family backs off burial plans for killer dad

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Powell-family-backing-off-gravesite-plans--139446858.html

SEATTLE (AP) - The man who killed his two sons in an explosive house fire in Washington state will not be buried in the same cemetery as the children, his family said Thursday.

Josh Powell's mother, Terri Powell, issued a written statement confirming that the family had given up a plot tentatively reserved at Woodbine Cemetery overlooking the boys' grave.

"We have tried so hard to be loving and considerate and respectful in making Josh's burial arrangements," she said. "We love our little Charlie and Braden and want their resting place to be a place of peace and comfort."

Terri Powell, wracked by grief, realized early this week that no one else was planning for what to do with Josh Powell's remains, said her son-in-law, Kirk Graves. She visited a funeral home and a few cemeteries, he said, and she "cluelessly" picked a gravesite just up the hill from where the boys are buried.
"We felt very strongly that it wasn't appropriate to put him anywhere near the boys, and we did our best over the last 48 hours to convince her to do something different," Graves said. "It wasn't that hard to convince her - she just got started off on the wrong path."

Attorney Steve Downing, who represents Susan Powell's parents, Charles and Judy Cox, said they were immensely relieved.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #534 on: February 16, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »

Powell family backs off burial plans for killer dad

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Powell-family-backing-off-gravesite-plans--139446858.html

SEATTLE (AP) - The man who killed his two sons in an explosive house fire in Washington state will not be buried in the same cemetery as the children, his family said Thursday.

Josh Powell's mother, Terri Powell, issued a written statement confirming that the family had given up a plot tentatively reserved at Woodbine Cemetery overlooking the boys' grave.

"We have tried so hard to be loving and considerate and respectful in making Josh's burial arrangements," she said. "We love our little Charlie and Braden and want their resting place to be a place of peace and comfort."

Terri Powell, wracked by grief, realized early this week that no one else was planning for what to do with Josh Powell's remains, said her son-in-law, Kirk Graves. She visited a funeral home and a few cemeteries, he said, and she "cluelessly" picked a gravesite just up the hill from where the boys are buried.
"We felt very strongly that it wasn't appropriate to put him anywhere near the boys, and we did our best over the last 48 hours to convince her to do something different," Graves said. "It wasn't that hard to convince her - she just got started off on the wrong path."

Attorney Steve Downing, who represents Susan Powell's parents, Charles and Judy Cox, said they were immensely relieved.

Bless Terri's heart, she is clueless. Remember, she let that little twinkie threaten her with a BUTCHER KNIFE and didn't give him a little attitude adjustment with a frying pan. It amazes me that twit lived to almost kiss 40 years. Jive friggin turkey.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »

I think it was a lot more than a case of Terrica just "cluelessly" picked a gravesite just up the hill from where the boys are buried.     I believe it was the outrage and the threat by the Cox family to move the boys grave that got the Powell's to pow-wow and convince Terrica to not bury Josh in the same cemetery overlooking the boys grave site.  I don't believe it was a minor oopsie.  Not at all!! She was thinking about her poor Joshie-poo and not her two innocent grandsons dead by his hand.  JMHO

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/josh-powell-no-burial-near-sons.html
Facing outrage, Josh Powell's family gives up on burial near sons
February 16, 2012

Kirk Graves, the brother-in-law of Josh Powell, told the Associated Press that the family had been divided over the plan and ultimately succeeded in convincing Powell's mother, Terrica, to reverse course.

"We felt very strongly that it wasn't appropriate to put him anywhere near the boys, and we did our best over the last 48 hours to convince her to do something different," he told the news service. "It wasn't that hard to convince her -- she just got started off on the wrong path."

Terrica Powell later released the following statement to the media:

"We have tried so hard to be loving and considerate and respectful in making Josh’s burial arrangements," Terrica Powell wrote in the statement posted by the Salt Lake City Tribune. "We love our little Charlie and Braden and want their resting place to be a place of peace and comfort.

"We have made the determination that Josh will not be buried at Woodbine Cemetery, but are in the process of making other arrangements.

"Thank you to all who have so lovingly supported us in this time of inexpressible anguish. Our hearts go out to all of you who -- like us -- are reeling with shock and grief."

An uproar had followed the revelation that Powell's family was trying to buy a cemetery plot that would allow him to be buried near sons Charles, 7, and Braden, 5. The city of Puyallup put any such purchase on hold after the maternal grandparents, Chuck and Judy Cox, said they would take legal action to keep that from happening.

Then, Crime Stoppers of Tacoma-Pierce County, a nonprofit group dedicated to helping law enforcement fight crime, purchased the plotsaround the single grave shared by Charles and Braden Powell. Until Terrica Powell's announcement Thursday, it still remained a possibility that the family would try to bury Powell someplace else inside the cemetery.

Even if Powell's family managed to purchase the plot, his grave would not see any peace: Threats of vandalism and worse were already being rumored amid the outraged public. Still to be determined, however, is where Josh Powell will ultimately be laid to rest.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: February 16, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »

Yes, the latter.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: February 16, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »

Terrica would have buried Josh on the hill overlooking the boys graves site but the Cox's threatened to
 move the boy's casket.  It wasn't out of the goodness of her heart that she changed the burial site imo.  And see the sentence I highlighted in green!  I love this Anne Bremer!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/15/josh-powells-family-wants-him-buried-near-sons/
Josh Powell's family backs away from decision to bury killer near sons
February 16, 2012

SEATTLE –  Just hours after two Washington police officers bought cemetery plots next to two boys to prevent their killer father Josh Powell from being buried near them, the killer's family announced that his body will not be placed in the same cemetery as the boys.

Attorney Steve Downing said he was informed by Josh Powell's estranged sister, Jennifer Graves, that her mother would put out a statement Thursday announcing the decision.

Downing represents Charles and Judy Cox, the parents of Josh Powell's missing wife, Susan Powell.
The Coxes had threatened to move the boys' casket if Josh Powell were interred nearby.
Josh Powell’s relatives had visited the Woodbine Cemetery and initially selected a plot near where 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden Powell are buried.

The decision set off a barrage of public anger and prompted two Washington police officers to intervene and buy surrounding plots.

"The bottom line is, Josh Powell will not be near those two boys," Pierce County Sheriff's Sgt. Ed Troyer told Seattle-based radio station KIRO-FM on Wednesday.

Troyer and Sheriff Paul Pastor used their own money and dipped into funds from Crime Stoppers Tacoma-Pierce County to pay for plots two and four at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup, Wash.

Pastor told FoxNews.com that it was "a good idea" that Josh Powell's family decided to bury him elsewhere.

"It was completely unacceptable that the killer be buried right next to his victims," he said.

The police officers said they weren’t “too worried” about the nearly $5,000 price tag and encouraged the public to donate to the Crime Stoppers fund. Poster reportedly said he will personally send thank-you notes to anyone who contributes.
Troyer went on to say that if the boys' mother Susan – who vanished in December 2009, with her husband named a person of interest in the case – is found dead, she could be buried in one of the two plots next to her sons.

Anne Bremmer, an attorney for Susan’s parents, praised the police officers’ initiative and reaffirmed the importance of keeping Powell away from his sons.

"It's so important to stand up for what's right here and not let Josh Powell anywhere near those boys that he murdered, that he coaxed in there, and that he said 'I have a surprise for you,'” she said, according to MyNorthwest.com. “Well here's a surprise for his family: you can't do this anymore. You can't make every day worse than the last for this family and those boys.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #538 on: February 16, 2012, 08:29:46 PM »

Ship him to me Terri! I'll bury him out at the lake near the 'gators. I know how to play Amazing Grace on the kazoo! Free of charge.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #539 on: February 16, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »

Those excuses given by JP's family is a steaming pile of horse hockey! 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.