March 18, 2024, 09:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 373541 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »

OMG! I think the stupid operator needs to be fired!!!

How many times did she ask for the address? How many times did she ask for her name? How many times did Griffin-Hall explained the situation?

Why didn't she get the FIRST time that the lady was there guarding the children and the guy acted against a COURT ORDER and kidnapped the kids?

Why didn't the operator send someone right away if the situation the caller described included the smell of gas and the name Powell?

She wasted time, VALUABLE time, in which the children could've been saved. There is the talk of 10 MINUTES for the calls!!!

I haven't heard the interview and I can't tell the urgency on Griffin-Hall's voice. But, the very few times I have called 911 (like the time a guy stopped his car in the median and started to beat up his wife) the operator only needed (once) the address, and my name. They were there in two minutes.

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-powell-family-blames-legal-system-media-for-tragedy-20120208,0,2845415.story
Powell family blames legal system, media for tragedy
Couple identifies themselves only as Uncle Maurice, Aunt Patti

Web reporter Q13 FOX News Online

6:21 a.m. MST, February 8, 2012
SEATTLE—
A couple who identified themselves as Josh Powell's aunt and uncle released a statement Wednesday blaming, in part, the legal system, religious bias and the news media for the tragic events that resulted in the murder of 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden Powell.
 ::snipping2::

Statement. *BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2012-02/300156000-08043300.pdf

ANYONE but Josh. It's the way the whole family is, pass the buck. That's why Josh grew up to be what he's today.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

Good morning, Monks.......
Every single one of us knows the name, "Josh Powell."  The dispatcher didn't.  How could LE in Pullayap not know his name?  And everyone was too busy at a life-threatening situation to send help immediately?  While the social worker wasn't very helpful in giving the address, she did stress that she smelled gasoline and one of the kids was crying.  To me, that in itself should have told the dispatcher that this is a life threatening situation, but it took some time to even find out where the emergency was.

Since I live alone, I have a new kind of call button to summon help if needed.  It has a small transmitter which calls the company via wireless telephone.  They can tell not only where I am, but where my car is if I am in it.  In fact, they can tell which room in my house I am in.  It's inconceivable to me that LE, at least in Pullayap, can't find a cellphone with GPS.  The same thing can be done with the new smart phones.  While I am sure the social worker is devastated, she should have known the address of Josh Powell's house.  Hindsight is 20/20.

But even with all of this incompetentcy, I don't think there was any hope for the boys once they were in the house with Josh.  He had everything ready to immediately butcher them and blow them up.  Lucky no one else was killed.   As far as his family trying to blame everyone but Josh, they are idiots.  Josh did it.  Only he is to blame.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »

SEATTLE -- Josh Powell withdrew $7,000 in cash from a Pierce County bank account on Saturday, according to a search warrant served on Josh Powell's financial documents.

The warrant sought surveillance video footage and Powell's records from the Bank of America branch where he made the withdrawal.

Authorities were also serving another search warrant Tuesday afternoon at a storage unit that was rented by Powell. It was not known what investigators looking for.

Also on Tuesday, deputies released recordings of 911 calls made moments preceding and following the fatal explosion. Among the recordings is a call made by the state case worker assigned to the Powell boys.

"I smell gasoline, but he won't let me in. He's got the kids in the house, and he won't let me in," the case worker said. "I think I need help right away. He's on a very short leash with DSHS, and CPS has been involved. And this is the craziest thing."

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Warrant-Josh-Powell-withdrew-7-000-day-before-3131867.php
They never served a warrant on this storage unit until NOW?
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »

As much as we question why the visitation took place at the home rather than a public place, I think that in the end, it would not have mattered.  Maggot man was determined to show the world just how mad and bad he was.  He could have met the kids and social worker at a mall, took out a semi-automatic weapon and killed the boys, social workers, bystanders and then himself.  People bent on self-destruction usually find a way to carry it out. 

The only "safe" situation would have been one that used a metal detector and had armed guards on duty.  Even then, there always seems to be a way to beat the system -- just ask the guards that work in prisons. 

Maggot man, I refuse to even acknowledge that he had a name, was so manipulative that he fooled all of his family into believing that he was the victim in this tragedy.  Their support is almost cult-like.

The sadness I feel is beyond words but I just don't believe that reasonable people can ever imagine the heights to which an unreasonable person will go to achieve their intended goal.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »

As much as we question why the visitation took place at the home rather than a public place, I think that in the end, it would not have mattered.  Maggot man was determined to show the world just how mad and bad he was.  He could have met the kids and social worker at a mall, took out a semi-automatic weapon and killed the boys, social workers, bystanders and then himself.  People bent on self-destruction usually find a way to carry it out. 

The only "safe" situation would have been one that used a metal detector and had armed guards on duty.  Even then, there always seems to be a way to beat the system -- just ask the guards that work in prisons. 

Maggot man, I refuse to even acknowledge that he had a name, was so manipulative that he fooled all of his family into believing that he was the victim in this tragedy.  Their support is almost cult-like.

The sadness I feel is beyond words but I just don't believe that reasonable people can ever imagine the heights to which an unreasonable person will go to achieve their intended goal.   an angelic monkey
well said, Flutter.  Thank you!

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:28 AM »

Maybe Radiactive Mary will help out ole Papa Powell?

Just sayin...
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »

http://**/sltrib/jazz/53467329-78/dispatcher-powell-griffin-hall.html.csp

Text of 911 calls concerning the Josh Powell house explosion
First published 2 hours ago
Updated 7 minutes ago Updated Feb 7, 2012 10:47PM

• First call from social worker Elizabeth Griffin-Hall

Griffin-Hall: I’m on a supervised visitation for a court-ordered visit and something, really weird has happened. The kids went in the house and the biological parent, Josh Powell, will not let me in the door. What should I do?
Dispatcher: What’s the address
Griffin-Hall: 8119 and I think it’s 89th, I don’t know what the address is, let me get in the car nothing like this has happened like this before. I’m really shocked, and I could hear one of the kids crying, and he still won’t let me in, OK, it’s 1, just a minute I have it here, you can’t find me by GPS?
Dispatcher: No
Griffin-Hall: OK, it is... I still can’t find it. He’s on a very short leash with DHSH, he looked right at me and closed the door.
It’s 8119 189th Street Court East Puyallup.
I’d like to pull out of the driveway because I smell gasoline, and he won’t let me in.
Dispatcher: He won’t let you out of the driveway?
Griffin-Hall: He won’t let me in the house.
Dispatcher: Whose house is it?
Griffin-Hall: Josh Powell
Dispatcher: You don’t live there?
Griffin-Hall: No, I’m contracted by the state to provide supervised visitation.
[Confusion about who Griffin-Hall is ensues, then gets cleared up]
Griffin-Hall: He’s the husband of Susan Powell, this is a high-profile case. I was one step in back of them.
Dipatcher: So they went in the house and locked you out?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, he shut the door in my face.
Dispatcher: What is your name?
Griffin-Hall: My name is Elizabeth Griffin-Hall.
Dispatcher: And what’s you’re phone number?
Griffin-Hall gives number.
Dispatcher: What agency are you with?
Griffin-Hall: Foster Care Resource Network, and the kids have been in there by now approximately 10 minutes, and he knows it’s a supervised visit. Braden is 5 and Charlie is 7.
Dispatcher: And the dad’s last name?
Griffin-Hall: Powell.
Dispatcher: Two L’s at the end of Powell?
Griffin-Hall: Yes.
Dispatcher: And his first name?
Griffin-Hall: His first name is Josh. [She gives physical description of him].
Dispatcher: Is he alone, or was anyone with him?
Griffin-Hall: I don’t know, I couldn’t get in the house
Dispatcher: Are you in a vehicle now or on foot?
Griffin-Hall: I’m in a 2010 Prius with the doors locked. He won’t let me in. I rang the doorbell and everything. I begged him to let me in.
Dispatcher: Elizabeth, please listen to my questions. What color is the Toyota Prius?
Griffin-Hall: Gray, dark gray.
Dispatcher: And the licence number?
Griffin-Hall: I don’t know, I can look. (Gets out of car) 750 ZMH
Dispatcher: OK, we’ll have someone look for you there.
Griffin-Hall: Do you know how long it will be?
Dispatcher: They have to respond to emergencies , life-threatening situations first.
Griffin-Hall: This could be life-threatening. He was in court on Wednesday and he didn’t get his kids back and this is really... I’m afraid for their lives.
Dispatcher: Has he threatened the lives of the children previously?
Griffin-Hall: I have no idea
Dispatcher: OK we’ll have the first available deputy contact you.
Griffin-Hall: Thank you
Dispatcher: Bye.

» Second call from social worker Elizabeth Griffin-Hall

Dispatcher: Hello. Were you calling about the fire on 189th street?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, he exploded the house. He exploded the house.
Dispatcher: Ma’am, do you know the exact address?
Griffin-Hall: It’s 8119 189th Court East in Puyallup
Dispatcher: What are you calling about?
Griffin-Hall: It exploded, the house.
Dispatcher: Do you know where you are?
Griffin-Hall: 8119 189th Street Court East in Puyallup
Dispatcher: Do you know if there’s anyone in the house?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, there was a man and two children. I just dropped off the children and he wouldn’t let me in the door.
Dispatcher: Stay on the line with me. I’m going to get the fire department. Hang on. Don’t hang up. Stay on the phone here with me ma’am. Fire this is Rose. I’m transferring the lady who has the exact address.
Griffin-Hall: I can hear the fire trucks, but they’re not here yet. It’s 8119
Dispatcher: We have an engine there.
Griffin-Hall: People are saying there is not somebody here, but there’s a couple of boys, 5 and 7, he has supervised visitation and he blew up the house and the kids.
Dispatcher: The kids and the father were in the house?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, he slammed the door in my face so I kept knocking. I thought it was a mistake, I kept knocking and then I called 911.
Dispatcher: You saw him go back in the house?
Griffin-Hall: He didn’t ever leave the house, he just opened the door, the kids were one step ahead of me, they are 5 and 7, they were one step ahead of me and he slammed the door in my face.
Dispatcher: Do you think he might have done this intentionally?
Griffin-Hall: Yes.
Dispatcher: County, go ahead with what you need.
Dispatcher: What is your name, ma’am?
Griffin-Hall: I’m Elizabeth Griffin-Hall, I’m the supervisor visitation (incoherent noises and crying)
Dispatchers: What is your last name?
Griffin-Hall calmly spells it.
Dispatcher: Where are you at right now?
Griffin-Hall: I’m at 8112 on the same court,
Dispatcher: So you are at 8112 189th Street Court East
Griffin-Hall: Yes
Dispatcher: Are you in the car?
Griffin-Hall: I was in it I’m standing outside it right now
Dispatcher: Is that your home address?
Griffin-Hall: No, I’m the supervised visitation coordinator.
Dispatcher: What is the person’s name
Griffin-Hall: His name is Josh Powell. Just a minute the sheriff is here.
Dispatcher: Go ahead and talk to the officer, ma’am
END OF CALL

HAT TIP AmandaReckonwith from HFTM

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Cox%20Powell%20%20-UT-/Murder-Suicide-%20A%20cowards%20way%20out/

Quote from: AmandaReckonwith;937824
I've uploaded all the 911 calls (that I know of). Including the social workers calls, Alina, JP atty, JP boss, a couple of neighbors.

Murder/Suicide album is separate because there is just so much info.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Cox%20Powell%20%20-UT-/Murder-Suicide-%20A%20cowards%20way%20out/

Main archive:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Cox%20Powell%20%20-UT-/

From the main you can get to all the sub-albums.
Everything is current as of midnight last night.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »

wtf is it? 

http://www.kirotv.com/gallery/news/images-josh-powells-destroyed-home/gPyP/#1126308

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »

A red plastic 5gallon gas can....melted?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »

To me, this call made, before the fire, is excruciating to listen to. I want to throttle the 911 operator. She tells him, "I can smell gasoline", "the kids are inside, he slammed the door in my face and won't let me in", " I can hear the kids crying but he won't let me in", "They've been in there approximately 10 minutes" ..... I want to scream, JUST GET SOME HELP TO THOSE KIDS!!!

http://extras.sltrib.com/audio/powell/powell7-clean.mp3

Jmo, that whole police department should be tarred and feathered!!
This whole case has been mishandled from the get go.
The kids might/could of been saved, maybe.
I'm still sick about this, can't think straight when I think about it.

10 Minutes??? and she could hear one kid crying...  How did she stay so calm after smelling the gas and hearing the crying, holy crap! 10 minutes be4 the house exploded....he had to be chasing those kids around the house with that hatchet....jesushchrist  omg

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

I am thinking and hoping it wasn't really that long and that it just seemed that long to her.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-powell-family-blames-legal-system-media-for-tragedy-20120208,0,2845415.story
Powell family blames legal system, media for tragedy
Couple identifies themselves only as Uncle Maurice, Aunt Patti

Web reporter Q13 FOX News Online

6:21 a.m. MST, February 8, 2012
SEATTLE—
A couple who identified themselves as Josh Powell's aunt and uncle released a statement Wednesday blaming, in part, the legal system, religious bias and the news media for the tragic events that resulted in the murder of 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden Powell.

Statement. *BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2012-02/300156000-08043300.pdf

ANYONE but Josh. It's the way the whole family is, pass the buck. That's why Josh grew up to be what he's today.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:16 PM »

To me, this call made, before the fire, is excruciating to listen to. I want to throttle the 911 operator. She tells him, "I can smell gasoline", "the kids are inside, he slammed the door in my face and won't let me in", " I can hear the kids crying but he won't let me in", "They've been in there approximately 10 minutes" ..... I want to scream, JUST GET SOME HELP TO THOSE KIDS!!!

Jmo, that whole police department should be tarred and feathered!!
This whole case has been mishandled from the get go.
The kids might/could of been saved, maybe.
I'm still sick about this, can't think straight when I think about it.

10 Minutes??? and she could hear one kid crying...  How did she stay so calm after smelling the gas and hearing the crying, holy crap! 10 minutes be4 the house exploded....he had to be chasing those kids around the house with that hatchet....jesushchrist  omg
Nut,it is horrible.
I think a lot of us would have tried to claw our way in. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »

The letter from Josh's family is terrible. While I agree the legal system is broken - it if for the opposite reason they cite. I feel that if the legal system worked, Josh would have been in jail or at the least not able to see the kids especially in his own house. It certainly does set forth how self centered the entire family is. No wonder Josh ended up a POS. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
crazybabyborg
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »

The transcript of that call ( http://extras.sltrib.com/audio/powell/powell7-clean.mp3 ) does not do justice to it. There are things that are skipped over in the transcript. I guess the transcriber grew frustrated at the redundancy too! 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »

I am thinking and hoping it wasn't really that long and that it just seemed that long to her.

i think it could have been longer bc at the point of her statement the player says
4:16 on the players timer,and the whole play time is 6:49

The social worker’s first 911 call, before the fire

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
crazybabyborg
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »

I haven't wanted to say this, because honestly, I don't blame the Social Worker. It's a miracle she survived and I would guess that if she tried breaking a window or something, Josh would have lit the match quicker, but...........

If she was fearful enough to want to move her car out of the driveway because she had smelled gas in the house, she was rightly fearful of exactly what was about to happen. I wish her demeanor and personality had come across when she called 911. I'm not sure that thick headed operator would have responded differently, but I wish there had been something that would have screamed "URGENT", "IMMEDIATE DANGER"!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

I thought it was a chair seat from this other photo of it

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

Funeral for Powell boys moved to Tacoma church

TACOMA, Wash. — The funeral for the two sons of missing Utah woman Susan Powell has been moved to a larger church.
The Curnow Funeral Home in Sumner says the funeral for 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden was moved "due to overwhelming response from the community."

It's now scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Life Center Church, 1717 S. Union Ave. Tacoma.

A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery, Puyallup.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/08/2017620/funeral-for-powell-boys-moved.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.