March 28, 2024, 10:25:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 374045 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 12:44:12 AM »

They have some evidenced bagged in a few of the pictures

Images from Josh Powell's destroyed home

http://www.kirotv.com/gallery/news/images-josh-powells-destroyed-home/gPyP/#1126306
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »

Husband of social worker: She wasn't scared of Josh Powell .

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/Husband-of-social-worker-She-wasnt-scared-of-Josh-Powell-138903464.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »

http://**/sltrib/jazz/53467329-78/dispatcher-powell-griffin-hall.html.csp

Text of 911 calls concerning the Josh Powell house explosion
First published 2 hours ago
Updated 7 minutes ago Updated Feb 7, 2012 10:47PM

• First call from social worker Elizabeth Griffin-Hall

Griffin-Hall: I’m on a supervised visitation for a court-ordered visit and something, really weird has happened. The kids went in the house and the biological parent, Josh Powell, will not let me in the door. What should I do?
Dispatcher: What’s the address
 ::snipping2::
Griffin-Hall: 8119 and I think it’s 89th, I don’t know what the address is, let me get in the car nothing like this has happened like this before. I’m really shocked, and I could hear one of the kids crying, and he still won’t let me in, OK, it’s 1, just a minute I have it here, you can’t find me by GPS?
Dispatcher: No
Griffin-Hall: OK, it is... I still can’t find it. He’s on a very short leash with DHSH, he looked right at me and closed the door.
It’s 8119 189th Street Court East Puyallup.
I’d like to pull out of the driveway because I smell gasoline, and he won’t let me in.
Dispatcher: He won’t let you out of the driveway?
Griffin-Hall: He won’t let me in the house.
Dispatcher: Whose house is it?
Griffin-Hall: Josh Powell
Dispatcher: You don’t live there?
Griffin-Hall: No, I’m contracted by the state to provide supervised visitation.
[Confusion about who Griffin-Hall is ensues, then gets cleared up]
Griffin-Hall: He’s the husband of Susan Powell, this is a high-profile case. I was one step in back of them.
Dipatcher: So they went in the house and locked you out?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, he shut the door in my face.
Dispatcher: What is your name?
Griffin-Hall: My name is Elizabeth Griffin-Hall.
Dispatcher: And what’s you’re phone number?
Griffin-Hall gives number.
Dispatcher: What agency are you with?
Griffin-Hall: Foster Care Resource Network, and the kids have been in there by now approximately 10 minutes, and he knows it’s a supervised visit. Braden is 5 and Charlie is 7.
Dispatcher: And the dad’s last name?
Griffin-Hall: Powell.
Dispatcher: Two L’s at the end of Powell?
Griffin-Hall: Yes.
Dispatcher: And his first name?
Griffin-Hall: His first name is Josh. [She gives physical description of him].
Dispatcher: Is he alone, or was anyone with him?
Griffin-Hall: I don’t know, I couldn’t get in the house
Dispatcher: Are you in a vehicle now or on foot?
Griffin-Hall: I’m in a 2010 Prius with the doors locked. He won’t let me in. I rang the doorbell and everything. I begged him to let me in.
Dispatcher: Elizabeth, please listen to my questions. What color is the Toyota Prius?
Griffin-Hall: Gray, dark gray.
Dispatcher: And the licence number?
Griffin-Hall: I don’t know, I can look. (Gets out of car) 750 ZMH
Dispatcher: OK, we’ll have someone look for you there.
Griffin-Hall: Do you know how long it will be?
Dispatcher: They have to respond to emergencies , life-threatening situations first.
Griffin-Hall: This could be life-threatening. He was in court on Wednesday and he didn’t get his kids back and this is really... I’m afraid for their lives.
Dispatcher: Has he threatened the lives of the children previously?
Griffin-Hall: I have no idea
Dispatcher: OK we’ll have the first available deputy contact you.
Griffin-Hall: Thank you
Dispatcher: Bye.

» Second call from social worker Elizabeth Griffin-Hall

Dispatcher: Hello. Were you calling about the fire on 189th street?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, he exploded the house. He exploded the house.
Dispatcher: Ma’am, do you know the exact address?
Griffin-Hall: It’s 8119 189th Court East in Puyallup
Dispatcher: What are you calling about?
Griffin-Hall: It exploded, the house.
Dispatcher: Do you know where you are?
Griffin-Hall: 8119 189th Street Court East in Puyallup
Dispatcher: Do you know if there’s anyone in the house?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, there was a man and two children. I just dropped off the children and he wouldn’t let me in the door.
Dispatcher: Stay on the line with me. I’m going to get the fire department. Hang on. Don’t hang up. Stay on the phone here with me ma’am. Fire this is Rose. I’m transferring the lady who has the exact address.
Griffin-Hall: I can hear the fire trucks, but they’re not here yet. It’s 8119
Dispatcher: We have an engine there.
Griffin-Hall: People are saying there is not somebody here, but there’s a couple of boys, 5 and 7, he has supervised visitation and he blew up the house and the kids.
Dispatcher: The kids and the father were in the house?
Griffin-Hall: Yes, he slammed the door in my face so I kept knocking. I thought it was a mistake, I kept knocking and then I called 911.
Dispatcher: You saw him go back in the house?
Griffin-Hall: He didn’t ever leave the house, he just opened the door, the kids were one step ahead of me, they are 5 and 7, they were one step ahead of me and he slammed the door in my face.
Dispatcher: Do you think he might have done this intentionally?
Griffin-Hall: Yes.
Dispatcher: County, go ahead with what you need.
Dispatcher: What is your name, ma’am?
Griffin-Hall: I’m Elizabeth Griffin-Hall, I’m the supervisor visitation (incoherent noises and crying)
Dispatchers: What is your last name?
Griffin-Hall calmly spells it.
Dispatcher: Where are you at right now?
Griffin-Hall: I’m at 8112 on the same court,
Dispatcher: So you are at 8112 189th Street Court East
Griffin-Hall: Yes
Dispatcher: Are you in the car?
Griffin-Hall: I was in it I’m standing outside it right now
Dispatcher: Is that your home address?
Griffin-Hall: No, I’m the supervised visitation coordinator.
Dispatcher: What is the person’s name
Griffin-Hall: His name is Josh Powell. Just a minute the sheriff is here.
Dispatcher: Go ahead and talk to the officer, ma’am
END OF CALL
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 01:35:42 AM »

Just last week, in the latest of an ongoing custody battle between himself and Susan's parents Chuck and Judy Cox, Josh Powell made a declaration to the court that he was the best and safest person to be raising his two sons, saying he had proven to be "a fit and loving father."

Days later, he had donated the boys' belongings to Goodwill, seemingly preparing to murder the family he told ABC News in August he would always protect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powells-final-message-live-sons/story?id=15527487&page=2#.TzIM9-XPGHg

----
It seems like they would have had him under tighter surveillance.... the donation of the toys, the withdrawing of 7K, the rented storage shed.

I wonder if he spread these activities out over enough time that it did not raise flags? Or did he do it in one lump?

It is bothersome
... with the scrutiny he was under, that he was able to do it undetected.... and with such ease.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 01:51:51 AM »

social worker Elizabeth Griffin-Hall

Oh, Elizabeth. Don't you know - you are one of the luckiest women on the planet?

Because I would bet you anything, Josh had a backup plan if he could not get Charles and Braden into the house without you.

God is definitely watching over you. You are lucky to be alive today. What happened was not your fault.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »

Just last week, in the latest of an ongoing custody battle between himself and Susan's parents Chuck and Judy Cox, Josh Powell made a declaration to the court that he was the best and safest person to be raising his two sons, saying he had proven to be "a fit and loving father."

Days later, he had donated the boys' belongings to Goodwill, seemingly preparing to murder the family he told ABC News in August he would always protect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powells-final-message-live-sons/story?id=15527487&page=2#.TzIM9-XPGHg

----
It seems like they would have had him under tighter surveillance.... the donation of the toys, the withdrawing of 7K, the rented storage shed.

I wonder if he spread these activities out over enough time that it did not raise flags? Or did he do it in one lump?

It is bothersome
... with the scrutiny he was under, that he was able to do it undetected.... and with such ease.

bbm in blue

Not only that...but he was able to rent a car when he was in Utah and put a lot of mileage on it.  I wonder if he moved Susan's body at that time?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 02:11:39 AM »

----

It is bothersome

carpe I was wondering the same thing. If he was being watched so closely how was he able to go do these things without someone noticing and like you said raise a red flag. I just don't get how these professionals didn't see that he was a danger to the boys. We keep hearing they all figured he killed Susan. If they thought that why wouldn't the boys be in danger for him killing them. So many people saw the danger and yet not one professional stepped up and acted on it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 02:37:22 AM »

GreenEyes -

It is strange.

Granny takes a plane ride for Christmas... she gets shaken down for trying to bring more than 4.5 oz of shampoo with her...

Yet, a psycho like Josh Powell runs around withdrawing 7 grand, donating all the kids toys to charity, buying a wazoo load of gas in multiple cans... hey man, no problem! I didn't see anything? Did you see anything?

He's just preparing a Superbowl party. It just does not make sense. Things seem uneven.

------------------
crazybabyborg
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 05:49:04 AM »

To me, this call made, before the fire, is excruciating to listen to. I want to throttle the 911 operator. She tells him, "I can smell gasoline", "the kids are inside, he slammed the door in my face and won't let me in", " I can hear the kids crying but he won't let me in", "They've been in there approximately 10 minutes" ..... I want to scream, JUST GET SOME HELP TO THOSE KIDS!!!

http://extras.sltrib.com/audio/powell/powell7-clean.mp3

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:53:42 AM by CBB » Logged
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 06:34:23 AM »

To me, this call made, before the fire, is excruciating to listen to. I want to throttle the 911 operator. She tells him, "I can smell gasoline", "the kids are inside, he slammed the door in my face and won't let me in", " I can hear the kids crying but he won't let me in", "They've been in there approximately 10 minutes" ..... I want to scream, JUST GET SOME HELP TO THOSE KIDS!!!

Jmo, that whole police department should be tarred and feathered!!
This whole case has been mishandled from the get go.
The kids might/could of been saved, maybe.
I'm still sick about this, can't think straight when I think about it.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »

I agree, I kept waiting for the dispatcher to say that help was on the way. He seemed to be completely clueless. Sad to think that the outcome may have been different if it had been dispatched immediately.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
crazybabyborg
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »

We all need to make note of that 911 call and if we ever have a real emergency, we need to say it's life threatening before we say anything further, and don't bother to call if you don't have the address. I'd like to have the address of Josh's house engraved on fine linen and delivered to that operator!

It's not his fault, I know that, I'm just so frustrated and enraged that those kids had "adults" making decisions for them and they all failed them so miserably and so tragically!

While listening to her repeat over and over again Josh's name, and explaining over and over again the circumstances of the supervised visit, my mind was hovering on what Josh did to those kids before the fire, and I'm cringing at the adults that are having the conversation. She is yards away, and the operator holds the power to send help and he's not doing it!

This case is awful.

Call I'm referring to:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:41:43 AM by CBB » Logged
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »

I found the 911 taped difficult to listen to not only because now I know he was attacking the boys while the adults were failing to communicate. There was one woman operator who sounded rather snippy too. They need to retrain the operators. A CPS person on a supervised visit without the tel no. and address in her pocket isnt too bright. I did that before I ever entered a patients home just in case i found them injured or dead.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 08:40:03 AM »

I agree that the 911 call was awful to listen to...I kept thinking of what the boys were going through as they talked.  I was yelling at the dispatcher, just get help.  However, I believe that the outcome for the boys and him would have been the same and others would have died too if help had gotten there sooner.  Josh was determined to kill them and himself that day and didn't really care if anyone else went along with him.  Now, if help would have been sent to protect the boys way before this day they could have been saved.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:47 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/todayshow
TODAY @todayshow
Social worker's 911 call in Josh Powell case. Video: on.today.com/xG5Af0

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 09:07:53 AM »

I agree that the 911 call was awful to listen to...I kept thinking of what the boys were going through as they talked.  I was yelling at the dispatcher, just get help.  However, I believe that the outcome for the boys and him would have been the same and others would have died too if help had gotten there sooner.  Josh was determined to kill them and himself that day and didn't really care if anyone else went along with him.  Now, if help would have been sent to protect the boys way before this day they could have been saved.

I was also so sad to hear that more than ten minutes went by...the image that I had in my head is he got the boys in the house, and about three minutes later the house exploded.  It is so sad that they had to experience such a horrible thing...I just don't understand this stuff.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »

I was also so sad to hear that more than ten minutes went by...the image that I had in my head is he got the boys in the house, and about three minutes later the house exploded.  It is so sad that they had to experience such a horrible thing...I just don't understand this stuff.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-powell-family-blames-legal-system-media-for-tragedy-20120208,0,2845415.story
Powell family blames legal system, media for tragedy
Couple identifies themselves only as Uncle Maurice, Aunt Patti

Web reporter Q13 FOX News Online

6:21 a.m. MST, February 8, 2012
SEATTLE—
A couple who identified themselves as Josh Powell's aunt and uncle released a statement Wednesday blaming, in part, the legal system, religious bias and the news media for the tragic events that resulted in the murder of 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden Powell.

Statement. *BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2012-02/300156000-08043300.pdf

~ Peter Frampton
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-powell-family-blames-legal-system-media-for-tragedy-20120208,0,2845415.story
Powell family blames legal system, media for tragedy
Couple identifies themselves only as Uncle Maurice, Aunt Patti

Web reporter Q13 FOX News Online

6:21 a.m. MST, February 8, 2012
SEATTLE—
A couple who identified themselves as Josh Powell's aunt and uncle released a statement Wednesday blaming, in part, the legal system, religious bias and the news media for the tragic events that resulted in the murder of 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden Powell.

Statement. *BLOCKED*/media/acrobat/2012-02/300156000-08043300.pdf
too bad we couldnt switch and put his crazy assed family in the house with him instead of the boys. these people all deserve each other.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »

Family of Josh Powell releases statement

Complete statement from family members of Josh Powell:

Statement From: Maurice and Patti Leach    2-7-2012

We are grievously saddened at the loss that the Cox and Powell
families have suffered.  There is no justification for the loss of two
innocent children, Charles and Braden.

Josh had asked us to step in and offer our support in helping him as
the next patriarchs of the family with the absence of Steve, his
father. We were also asked by Josh if we would offer a safe haven for
his sons should the need arise; our answer was absolutely yes.

We felt that Josh represented himself using a great deal of restraint
with patience and dignity at his children's custody hearing, even
though it did not work out in his favor. Our family’s suggestions to
Josh both before and after the hearing were that if he had any
credible facts, no matter how disturbing, he should present it so that
due process would be possible. We believe that Josh continued to use
this restraint because of the fear of losing his sons and the love he
had for all of his family members that he so desperately tried to
protect.

When we arrived in the state of Washington we believed in America's
legal system. After witnessing how broken the system was and the
events that took place before our eyes, both inside the court room and
outside, we left for home in disillusionment of the legal system and
concern for our family's posterity.

In our hearts and minds we feel that this family tragedy was set into
motion from the beginning due in part to the various questionable
government agencies' practices, religious bias, the internet kangaroo
courts, and sensationalized news media, all of whom have circumvented
the laws that protect all of our rights to due process. We believe
that the stewardship of the responsibilities that have been entrusted
to those organizations and individuals has been completely
compromised.

America, this is not only a tragedy, Sunday was a dark day for all of
our families.

Uncle Maurice, Aunt Patti

P.S.  Josh, Susan, Charles, and Braden, you will always remain in our hearts.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/breaking-news/family-josh-powell-releases-statement/nHXbh/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.