March 29, 2024, 04:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 374152 times)
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »

My heart goes out to the social worker in her attempt to convince the 911 operator the seriousness of the situation.

Janet

++++

Social worker's 911 call from Josh Powell's home
The Associated Press – 3 hours ago

Police have released a series of recordings from 911 calls made Sunday when authorities in Washington state say Josh Powell locked himself and his two young sons in his house and lit it on fire. The following transcript comes from a social worker who had just arrived at the home with the boys for a court-ordered supervise visit. The transcript has been edited to remove personal information.

DISPATCHER: Good morning.

<snipped>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hu3YZxVj8ZLUP9ij_0IpIXhZ6GaA?docId=ffe38b8eec9b4d50810e9fd3d61b8973

Maybe this is procedure but ... the procedure has to change.  During the five minutes of questions asked by the 911 operator ... two little boys were being hacked to death inside the home.  Again ... my heart goes out to the frantic social worker ... the frantic social worker who tried her best to make the the 911 operator understand the seriousness of the situation.

Janet

the two kids could be alive now if the first dispatcher could send an officer when one of he monster's sister called 911, 20 minutes before the monster killed the kids. I bet the dispatcher could understand that it was a suicide treat and if it was the monster or another crazy man trying to comit suicide
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »

Powell's Sister: 'I Wish It Had Been Different'
Alina Powell speaks exclusively to ABC News about her family's tragedy.
02:54 | 02/09/2012

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/josh-powells-sister-interview-15545562?tab=9482931&section=1206833
I hope to h3ll they didn't pay her. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »

Powell family tragedy? No, it was caused by Josh and only Josh (possibly skeevy dad too). Josh did not have to MURDER his wife. He chose to. He was just pissed he couldn't get away with it and move on with his life. Josh chose to MURDER his two children solely to HURT Susan's parents and to retain control. What a selfish, cowardly, lying, low-down piece of sh**. Thrown him in the trash like he threw his family away and be done with it.

Where have we gone so wrong that a human life seems to have NO VALUE? 

I am deeply sorry for the COX family's tragedy. My prayers go out to them.

IMO, Josh shouldn't even rate the trash bin - after all, he would contaminate the groundwater.  He chose to die by fire, he should be buried by fire, and then he will be ready for his eternal reward, in Hellos fire.

Challapalca him!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »

I want to know where that 7K is.  I believe that it should be seized and used to cover the expenses of burying Josh's victims.  It sure doesn't need to be used on anyone in the Powell family.

Also, those poor people that owned his rental home are now out of a property and have a terrible legacy on that lot. 

Indeed 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

Maybe this is 20/20 hindsight, but if the social worker felt the children were in imminent danger and if she didn't know the house address, why didn't she run next door to one of the houses and ask for help and/or the address?  All she had to do was run over there with her cell phone in hand, knock on the door and ask for the address.  If no one was home, go to next house.  Also, I noticed in one of the photos, there is a house number on the front of the house.  That might have at least been a start.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell-missing-woman-susan-powells-husband-kills/story?id=15518478
Missing Woman Susan Powell's Husband Kills Kids, Himself, in House Explosion
By OLIVIA KATVRANDJIAN, DEAN SCHABNER and COLLEEN CURRY
February 5, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »

Posted: February 9
Updated: Today at 10:03 PM

Agency to investigate 911 call in Powell fire
BY MIKE BAKER AND GENE JOHNSON, Associated Press

SEATTLE -- A social worker pleaded with a 911 dispatcher throughout a nearly seven-minute call to quickly get police to Josh Powell's house after he locked himself inside with his two sons.

It took almost two minutes from the start of the call for the dispatcher to learn Powell's address and more than three minutes to understand that she was there to supervise a child custody visit. Near the end of the call, she asked how long before officers could get there.

"I don't know, ma'am," he said. "We have to respond to emergency life-threatening situations first."

She responded: "This could be life-threatening ... I'm afraid for their lives!"

Authorities said the call could have been handled better, and that it was unfortunate for the dispatcher to leave the social worker with the impression no help was immediately on the way. The agency that runs the call center said it would review the matter and start a disciplinary investigation if necessary.

Still, the recordings raised questions about an emergency response to a custody visit that ended with Powell killing himself and his boys.

Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said deputies appeared to have been dispatched during the call, and he did not believe the conversation caused unnecessary delays.

"Are we unhappy with the etiquette and the manner? Yes," Troyer said. "Did it affect the response time? No. Dispatchers are typing information and addresses while they're on the phone with callers."

Troyer said his department is waiting for a copy of the "call-and-dispatch" log from the 911 center to see exactly how long it took for deputies to respond.

The details of the emergency calls emerged in audio recordings released by the sheriff's office late Tuesday. They did not include time stamps, and the call center did not immediately respond to a public records request from The Associated Press for the dispatch log.

SNIPPED
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/agency-to-investigate911-call-in-powell-fire_2012-02-08.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Josh Powell's family just told me they will delay a service for him so the focus stays on the children. #JoshPowell #susancoxpowell

https://twitter.com/#!/Brooke4Trib

No need, IMO. I say throw him back in the wreckage and light another match. He obviously chose to be cremated, well, there you go..... be the poster child for "scorched earth policy".  I just wish he had limited his choices to HIMSELF!

CBB - It should be the shortest funeral in history. Dearly Beloved... we are gathered here today for a jive turkey limp pickle sniveling little hiney bucket named Josh Powell. Would anybody like to say a word or share a favorite memory? No? Ok... reception is at Denny's, see you there.

The pic they could use to remember him by should be a screen grab from the Blue Ski Cap interview. Why? Because he just looked so special in it.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/susan-cox-powell-police-update-and-josh-powell-s-infamous-blue-cap-interview-video

God, please look after those kids... and I sure am glad that creep Josh no longer walks among us. He was awful. Lower than the belly of a snake.

CBB ITA
Carpe, even in the midst of agony and horror   , you can still make me chuckle and I thank you.  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:58:37 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell-threatened-mother-knife-90s-era-court/story?id=15544558#.TzPgbFwS2Ag

Josh Powell Threatened His Mother With Knife, '90s-Era Court Documents Allege
Terrica Powell wrote that her son once tried to commit suicide and also threatened her with a butcher knife. On other occasions, he and one of his brothers pushed and hit her, she wrote.

"I felt extreme fear when Josh made a veiled threat at me with a butcher knife in his hand. His demeanor was menacing for a moment as he said, 'Don't push it, mom,'" Powell wrote. "… I was terrified and left the room to go downstairs…"

Terrica Powell worried that Josh and another teenage brother could destroy their family, which included younger siblings, she wrote in a statement filed in court.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »

Maybe this is 20/20 hindsight, but if the social worker felt the children were in imminent danger and if she didn't know the house address, why didn't she run next door to one of the houses and ask for help and/or the address?  All she had to do was run over there with her cell phone in hand, knock on the door and ask for the address.  If no one was home, go to next house.  Also, I noticed in one of the photos, there is a house number on the front of the house.  That might have at least been a start.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell-missing-woman-susan-powells-husband-kills/story?id=15518478
Missing Woman Susan Powell's Husband Kills Kids, Himself, in House Explosion
By OLIVIA KATVRANDJIAN, DEAN SCHABNER and COLLEEN CURRY
February 5, 2012

because she went to move her car away from the driveway because she smelled gas
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

I want to know where that 7K is.  I believe that it should be seized and used to cover the expenses of burying Josh's victims.  It sure doesn't need to be used on anyone in the Powell family.

Also, those poor people that owned his rental home are now out of a property and have a terrible legacy on that lot. 

Talk about a red flag alert.  If a family member of mine sent me a sizeable chunk of cash and gave me instructions for turning off the utilities, I would be making lots of calls as I flew down the road to find out what was going on. 

For Alina, evidently, it was just a curiosity until his house blows up with him and her nephews in it.  And she wants sympathy for her brother?  What an enabler.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »

Timeline of 911 log in Josh Powell response .

Highlights of the 911 log detailing the police and fire response to Josh Powell's home on Sunday:

12:08:21 p.m. — Social worker makes initial call to 911 to alert authorities that Josh Powell has locked her out of his home while his two young sons are inside.

12:13:20 — Operator transfers information from social worker to a dispatcher.

12:16:02 — First calls come in to 911 from people reporting a "house just exploded."

12:16:03 — Sheriff's deputies are dispatched to the home.

12:21:45 — Josh Powell's sister, Alina Powell, is on phone with dispatchers, telling them she received disturbing emails from her brother.

12:29:59 — Deputies arrive at the Powell home.

http://www.kvue.com/news/national/138985309.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »

Facebook effort launched to block Westboro Baptist picket

NorthWest Music Scene has launched a Facebook effort to keep a notoriously anti-gay church from picketing the funeral service for two young brothers killed Sunday in a violent house fire.

“We will be out in full force to help create a buffer so this memorial can take place peacefully,” the group wrote on the “Keep Westboro Church away from Powell Memorial” Facebook page.

::snipping2::

Margie Phelps, daughter of the Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church’s founder, tweeted Wednesday night that the church will attend the boys’ memorial service. The protest is to “remind” Gov. Chris Gregoire “they died because of her rebellion,” a reference to her support of same-sex marriages.

Occupy Seattle has announced a counterprotest.

NorthWest Music Scene encourages Facebook users to join them at Life Center Church at 10 a.m. Saturday.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/09/facebook-effort-launched-to-block-westboro-baptist-picket/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »

Agency set to investigate handling of 911 call about Josh Powell
The Pierce County Sheriff's Department says a dispatcher's extensive questioning of a caseworker who tried to summon help to Josh Powell's home was inappropriate.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Department is unhappy with the way a 911 call taker handled a call from the caseworker who tried to summon deputies to Josh Powell's home in the agonizing minutes before he killed his children and himself.

The caseworker's call resulted in nearly seven minutes of questioning by the call taker — who even asked how to spell Powell's name — and about one additional minute before Pierce County sheriff's deputies were dispatched. A short time later, the Graham house erupted in flames, killing everyone inside.

"We're not happy with the way that (call taker) is bantering (with the caseworker)," sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Ed Troyer said Wednesday. "We understand that could have been handled better."

But more than twice that time elapsed between the time deputies were dispatched and their arrival at the home.

Kris Dessen, spokeswoman for the Law Enforcement Support Agency, said that Pierce County has enhanced 911 services, which allows GPS tracking. But, she said, the tracking system is not always accurate. She said that call takers always ask a caller for the address of the incident location, as well as use GPS technology to track the location. Dessen said whether the 911 technology was able to track Sunday's call is under investigation.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017455002_dispatcher09m.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »

Josh Powell Threatened Mother with Knife, Court Documents Allege

GRAHAM, Wash.) -- Josh Powell, the husband of a missing Utah woman who killed himself and his two young sons last week, was a disturbed adolescent who threatened and hit his mother, according to 1992 court documents obtained by ABC News.

The documents, filed in Washington State during the divorce of Josh Powell's parents Steven and Terrica Powell, include several statements by Terrica Powell describing her son's disturbing behavior.

Terrica Powell wrote that her son once tried to commit suicide and also threatened her with a butcher knife.  On other occasions, he and one of his brothers pushed and hit her, she wrote.

The butcher knife incident, Terrica Powell wrote, was the result of her asking her son to do the dishes.

"I felt extreme fear when Josh made a veiled threat at me with a butcher knife in his hand.  His demeanor was menacing for a moment as he said, 'Don't push it, mom,'" Powell wrote.  "… I was terrified and left the room to go downstairs…"

Terrica Powell has declined an interview request with ABC News.

A lawyer for Chuck and Judy Cox, the parents of Powell's missing wife, Susan Powell, echoed the allegations about the butcher knife and the suicide attempt.  Lawyer Stephen Downing told 20/20 co-anchor Chris Cuomo that Josh Powell tried to kill himself by hanging.

"He was very troubled," Downing said.

http://www.wtma.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29797551
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »

Josh Powell Was Victim, His Sister Claims

"I think he must have just felt that there was only one way left for him to protect his sons, from the pain, from all the emotional and physical pain they've been experiencing," Alina Powell said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powells-sister-believes-innocent-wifes-disappearance/story?id=15545887
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »

'Pinwheel vigil' for Powell boys today in Ogden

OGDEN -- Prevent Child Abuse Utah is holding a Community Pinwheel Vigil for the Powell boys at 4 p.m. today (Thursday) in the Municipal Gardens Playground.

The playground is located at 343 25th St. Pinwheels will be provided to attendees.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/02/09/pinwheel-vigil-powell-boys-today-ogden
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2012, 11:31:54 AM »

NANCY GRACE

Susan Powell`s Parents Break Their Silence

Aired February 8, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

GRACE: With us tonight, breaking their silence in a primetime exclusive interview are the boys` grandparents, Susan`s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, still struggling, struggling, trying to accept what has happened.

Mr. and Ms. Cox, I just keep looking back at all the giant road signs saying, No, no, no, stop, don`t let him have visitation, don`t let him have the boys alone, don`t let them go to his home. I mean, it`s just -- it`s so many things.

I mean, all along, I don`t know if Susan shared this with you, there was -- where he attempted suicide when he was younger, where he killed a pet when he was younger, just constant threats of suicide, threats that we have learned he made against Susan herself.

I just don`t understand. It seems like Wednesday`s hearing would have been the tipping point for him, and yet he still had visitation with the boys. I don`t understand, Mr. Cox!

CHUCK COX: It is just hard to believe. We made every effort. We found -- we found -- went over ourselves to Spokane County and looked at the -- at the divorce documents and pulled up the pages that -- on there, and we saw it. That explained so much and showed us more of his true character of him. And we warned -- we had been warning the police and DSHS and everybody that he was capable of hurting those children. And we were very concerned. And we -- but still a visitation was allowed, and I believe the laws required it. So I don`t know what we could -- I don`t think we could have done anything more.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1202/08/ng.01.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Josh Powell's family just told me they will delay a service for him so the focus stays on the children. #JoshPowell #susancoxpowell

https://twitter.com/#!/Brooke4Trib

No need, IMO. I say throw him back in the wreckage and light another match. He obviously chose to be cremated, well, there you go..... be the poster child for "scorched earth policy".  I just wish he had limited his choices to HIMSELF!

CBB - It should be the shortest funeral in history. Dearly Beloved... we are gathered here today for a jive turkey limp pickle sniveling little hiney bucket named Josh Powell. Would anybody like to say a word or share a favorite memory? No? Ok... reception is at Denny's, see you there.

The pic they could use to remember him by should be a screen grab from the Blue Ski Cap interview. Why? Because he just looked so special in it.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/susan-cox-powell-police-update-and-josh-powell-s-infamous-blue-cap-interview-video

God, please look after those kids... and I sure am glad that creep Josh no longer walks among us. He was awful. Lower than the belly of a snake.

CBB ITA
Carpe, even in the midst of agony and horror   , you can still make me chuckle and I thank you.  

I know, Nut........... Carpe's that spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down when there's no choice but to swallow it. I'm particularly fond of his apt description of Josh as  "a jive turkey limp pickle sniveling little hiney bucket named Josh Powell."

SPOT ON!!     
crazybabyborg
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »

Northern........... thank you so much for keeping us all so well informed! The articles are a big help, and I appreciate them being right here for a quick catch up. Thanks to you and all the monkeys that make sure we have the latest!     
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »

i think the 7k,would be part of JPs estate so it would be put in escrow,until
JPs estate is probated,and the sister can be jailed and fined,for withholding
the $$,im guessing she doesnt care,she already obstructed justice,with the
phone an emails,so one more charge shouldnt matter to her

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.