March 28, 2024, 10:39:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 374046 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »

Northern........... thank you so much for keeping us all so well informed! The articles are a big help, and I appreciate them being right here for a quick catch up. Thanks to you and all the monkeys that make sure we have the latest!     

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

Josh Powell Was Victim, His Sister Claims

::snipping2::

"I think he must have just felt that there was only one way left for him to protect his sons, from the pain, from all the emotional and physical pain they've been experiencing," Alina Powell said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powells-sister-believes-innocent-wifes-disappearance/story?id=15545887

Actually, I can understand her protecting her brother.  She's the product of the same sick gene pool and environment as Josh.  IMO, she'll become "a victim" of all this and play the part to the hilt.

Challapalca him!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Josh Powell's family just told me they will delay a service for him so the focus stays on the children. #JoshPowell #susancoxpowell

https://twitter.com/#!/Brooke4Trib

No need, IMO. I say throw him back in the wreckage and light another match. He obviously chose to be cremated, well, there you go..... be the poster child for "scorched earth policy".  I just wish he had limited his choices to HIMSELF!

CBB - It should be the shortest funeral in history. Dearly Beloved... we are gathered here today for a jive turkey limp pickle sniveling little hiney bucket named Josh Powell. Would anybody like to say a word or share a favorite memory? No? Ok... reception is at Denny's, see you there.

The pic they could use to remember him by should be a screen grab from the Blue Ski Cap interview. Why? Because he just looked so special in it.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/susan-cox-powell-police-update-and-josh-powell-s-infamous-blue-cap-interview-video

God, please look after those kids... and I sure am glad that creep Josh no longer walks among us. He was awful. Lower than the belly of a snake.

Thank you Carpe.  That was classic.  I was waiting for the reference to his doo-lolly clackers   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »

Northern........... thank you so much for keeping us all so well informed! The articles are a big help, and I appreciate them being right here for a quick catch up. Thanks to you and all the monkeys that make sure we have the latest!     

It's the least I can do to work out some of my anger through this.  You are all welcome.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »

Pam Roach seeks info sent by Utah about Powell children

State Sen. Pam Roach is asking the state Department of Social and Health Services to provide information sent to the agency by Utah police related to the custody of Braden and Charlie Powell.

On Feb. 1, West Valley City, Utah, police  issued a news release indicating the agency had sent information to Washington regarding the placement of Charles and Braden Powell. Four days later, the two boys were killed in a fire set by their father, Josh Powell, who was also killed in the blaze.

http://today.seattletimes.com/2012/02/roach-seeks-info-on-powell-brothers-sent-to-dshs/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »

A history of violence: Josh Powell's mother filed papers saying he threatened her with a butcher knife as a teen

Josh Powell's mother said in 1992 that he tried to kill himself and threatened her with a butcher knife saying 'Don't push it, Mom'

Emergency dispatcher under fire for waiting 8 minutes to alert police

Investigation continues into warning signs about crazed father Josh Powell's behaviour before he 'hacked up' and killed his two sons, aged 5 and 7

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098876/A-history-violence-Josh-Powells-mother-filed-papers-saying-threatened-butcher-knife-teen.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »

Powell's sister says family members defending Josh 'in denial' .

One of Josh Powell's sisters spoke publicly for the first time Wednesday, saying she wasn't surprised that Josh kidnapped his sons, but she said she never imagined he was capable of killing them.

KSL TV in Utah reports that Graves said she had witnessed a gradual decline in her brother's behavior over the years and called him "a bit of an odd duck." Graves said the controlling behavior of their father, Steven Powell, contributed to his son's downfall. When Josh Powell lived in Utah, Graves said he would spend hours on the phone with his father, multiple times a week.

"If anyone knows anything, it would be Steve," Kirk Graves said, regarding the disappearance of Susan Powell, Josh's wife. "When he finds a motive, then he'll talk."

Both Jennifer and Kirk Graves plan to travel to Washington state this weekend for the funeral services for Charlie and Braden Powell, planned for Saturday, February 11, at the Life Center Church in Tacoma. Services will begin at 11 a.m.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=139021029&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »

Josh Powell as victim? Relatives' claim outrages almost everyone

Relatives of Josh Powell -- the man suspected in his wife's 2009 disappearance in Utah, the man who took an axe to his two young sons this weekend, the man who then killed the boys and himself in a house explosion -- has released a statement portraying him as a victim driven to horrific extremes.

The court of public opinion begs to differ.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/family-portrays-josh-powell-as-the-victim-driven-to-kill-his-two-sons.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »

911 logs: More than 20 minutes for deputies to get to Powell's home

TACOMA —
The 911 call logs show how long it took help to arrive at Josh Powell's house and what was happening in the meantime.

The logs show that nearly eight minutes elapsed between the time a social worker called 911 to report that  Powell's children were in danger and when deputies were dispatched, and it took another 14 minutes for a deputy to arrive on scene.   

It was deemed a priority two call.

“The priority is determined by the call type.  This was a custodial interference situation.  In the normal custodial interference, this was not, obviously, we know that now,” said Tom Orr of LESA.

KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Michelle Millman talked with a retired couple who trained more than 100 dispatchers here in Pierce County.

Retired firefighter David Blauvelt said after the social worker told dispatch she smelled gas, the call should have been given top priority.

“I was very angry at that point, because that’s the indication that this is a serious matter. You send the world,” said Blauvelt.

LESA said the man who took that original 911 call has years of experience, but LESA will launch a full investigation into how the calls were handled

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/logs-more-20-minutes-deputies-get-josh-powells-hom/nHYBy/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »

Anti-gay church plans to protest Powell children funeral

SEATTLE – A notorious anti-gay church known for protesting military funerals says members will be at Saturday’s memorial service for Charlie and Braden Powell, claiming their deaths are payback from God over the state Legislature's support of gay marriage

Josh Powell's sister, Alina, responded to the threatened Westboro protest.

"This is a horrible, disdainful act that serves no purpose other than to continue the years-long objectification of those little boys.  Charlie and Braden were not trophies to be won and paraded around; they were not bait to ferret out "guilt" in a man; they were not "evidence" in a "crime"; and they most certainly are not political pawns to be used by a church to spread yet more messages of HATE!  They are only little boys and they deserve better!  I am LIVID that my nephews continue to be used as a tactical maneuver, and I am LIVID that their service will be besmirched by an event a loving God would never approve!  Please let my nephews rest in peace!!" said Alina.

"Hate has taken far too great a toll on us ALL already!--Please, STOP THE HATE!"

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Westboro-baptist-chuch-powell-funeral-139011374.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »

Anti-gay church plans to protest Powell children funeral

SEATTLE – A notorious anti-gay church known for protesting military funerals says members will be at Saturday’s memorial service for Charlie and Braden Powell, claiming their deaths are payback from God over the state Legislature's support of gay marriage

Josh Powell's sister, Alina, responded to the threatened Westboro protest.

"This is a horrible, disdainful act that serves no purpose other than to continue the years-long objectification of those little boys.  Charlie and Braden were not trophies to be won and paraded around; they were not bait to ferret out "guilt" in a man; they were not "evidence" in a "crime"; and they most certainly are not political pawns to be used by a church to spread yet more messages of HATE!  They are only little boys and they deserve better!  I am LIVID that my nephews continue to be used as a tactical maneuver, and I am LIVID that their service will be besmirched by an event a loving God would never approve!  Please let my nephews rest in peace!!" said Alina.

"Hate has taken far too great a toll on us ALL already!--Please, STOP THE HATE!"

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Westboro-baptist-chuch-powell-funeral-139011374.html
She should've preached that message to her brother.  HATE made him kill his wife.  HATE made him move his children away from their home and grandparents just weeks after Susan's murder.  HATE had him spewing lies in court about Susan's family.  HATE made him murder Susan's children in such a calculated and vile manner.  Aline needs to shut the F up.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2012, 03:26:51 PM »

I was just watching Shep on Fox News. He said that when the operator FINALLY dispatched the call for response, he categorized the call as "routine" rather than urgent or life threatening.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »

I was just watching Shep on Fox News. He said that when the operator FINALLY dispatched the call for response, he categorized the call as "routine" rather than urgent or life threatening.

Wasn't that a kicker.....
I thought I couldn't get any madder, WRONG!

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/09/10364954-anti-gay-westboro-baptist-church-to-protest-at-slain-powell-boys-funeral
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to protest at slain Powell boys' funeral
February 9, 2012

EATTLE – Westboro Baptist Church, an anti-gay church best known for protesting military funerals, says its members will be at Saturday’s memorial service for Charlie and Braden Powell, the two children who died when their father allegedly set fire to his house.

The small Topeka, Kan.-based church, known for its extreme opposition to homosexuality, claims the boys' deaths are payback from God over the Washington state Legislature's support of gay marriage.

Hundreds of people have already vowed online to show up to keep the Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funeral, which will be at Life Center Church in Tacoma at 11 a.m.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »

Routine!!!

Social worker's 911 call from Josh Powell's home
By The Associated Press – 1 day ago

Police have released a series of recordings from 911 calls made Sunday when authorities in Washington state say Josh Powell locked himself and his two young sons in his house and lit it on fire. The following transcript comes from a social worker who had just arrived at the home with the boys for a court-ordered supervise visit. The transcript has been edited to remove personal information.

DISPATCHER: Good morning.

<snipped>

SOCIAL WORKER: OK. It's 8119 189th St. Court East, Puyallup, 98375. And I'd like to pull out of the driveway because I smell gasoline and he won't let me in.

911 OPERATOR: You want to pull out of the driveway because you smell gasoline but he won't let you --

<snipped>

911 OPERATOR: I don't know ma'am. They have to respond to emergencies, life-threatening situations first. The first available deputy will respond.

SOCIAL WORKER: This could be life-threatening. He went to court on Wednesday, and he didn't bring his kids back and this is really — I'm afraid for their lives.

<snipped>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hu3YZxVj8ZLUP9ij_0IpIXhZ6GaA?docId=ffe38b8eec9b4d50810e9fd3d61b8973

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/09/10364954-anti-gay-westboro-baptist-church-to-protest-at-slain-powell-boys-funeral
Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church to protest at slain Powell boys' funeral
February 9, 2012

EATTLE – Westboro Baptist Church, an anti-gay church best known for protesting military funerals, says its members will be at Saturday’s memorial service for Charlie and Braden Powell, the two children who died when their father allegedly set fire to his house.

The small Topeka, Kan.-based church, known for its extreme opposition to homosexuality, claims the boys' deaths are payback from God over the Washington state Legislature's support of gay marriage.

Hundreds of people have already vowed online to show up to keep the Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funeral, which will be at Life Center Church in Tacoma at 11 a.m.

Oh, isn't that rich.    That's exactly what this case needs...........

There are few things on earth that anger me more than idiots wrapping themselves in false or "plucked" teachings and pretending to be a mouthpiece for Almighty God.

The picture that emerges from a whole study of scripture is one written and read most clearly on your own heart, and that God has a consistent and loving and just nature. Our God did not exact judgment on those children for anything, you morons. Our God has mercifully provided the only comfort possible from the events that Josh Powell caused. I know that the day will come when those Westboro Baptists will learn first hand all they care to and much more about God's justice, and they'll be on the receiving end of the wisdom.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2012, 04:57:25 PM »

Every time I think this can't get any worse, it does!   

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell-told-sons-surprise/story?id=15549745
Josh Powell Told Sons He Had 'Surprise' For Them, Social Worker
February 9, 2012

Josh Powell told his sons he had a "big surprise" for them as they ran toward his home Sunday, just moments before he attacked them with a hatchet and then blew them up, social worker Elizabeth Griffin Hall told ABC News today.

"He caught my eye, his shoulders were slumped. He had a sheepish look," Hall told "20/20" in an exclusive interview. "He just shrugged his shoulders and slammed the door."

Hall said she had been taking the boys, Charles, 7, and Braden, 5, on supervised visits to Powell's house for three months.

Powell, who was the sole suspect in his wife Susan Cox's disappearance in 2009, had lost custody of the children in September and lost an appeal to get his children back just four days before he decided to kill them.
On Sunday, the children bounded out of her car and took off running for their father's house with Hall a few steps behind. Powell let them in, gave Hall his odd look, and locked the door.

As Hall banged on the door, "I heard him say, 'Charlie, I've got a big surprise for you'... And then I heard Braden cry out."

Powell often had surprises for the boys, Hall said, and the younger boy had a sore foot that Hall thought he had banged into something, but police later determined that Powell had used a hatchet to chop at his sons' heads and necks.

"I'm saying, 'Let me in, Josh, let me in,'" Hall said. "I realized I didn't have my phone in my hand and I could smell gas. Too much time had passed and I could smell gas."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »

yes CBB,the only person to blame is josh powell
and this poster feels the same way i do,about what will happen at the service

Wrapper98439

Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm   

It has been announced as a public welcome event. They will get in. Keeping them out is discrimination. Once they disrupt the service, they can he removed, causing the circus. Sad.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2012/02/09/facebook-effort-launched-to-block-westboro-baptist-picket/#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

By CHRIS CUOMO, HARRY PHILLIPS and COLLEEN CURRY | ABC News – 1 hr 46 mins ago.

Josh Powell told his sons he had a "big surprise" for them as they ran toward his home Sunday, just moments before he attacked them with a hatchet and then blew them up, social worker Elizabeth Griffin Hall told ABC News today.
Hall told the story of what happened over and over again to authorities as they arrived and assured her she could not have done anything differently. She blames Powell fully for what happened, and said she never thought he would hurt the boys. But now, she said, she knows he would have done anything to kill them, even if they had the supervised visitation somewhere else.

"How this happened is that Josh Powell was really, really evil. I couldn't have stopped him," she said.

"I did everything I was supposed to do. I did everything right and the boys are still dead," Hall said. "It took just a second. When I close my eyes I see him and he was so normal. He did not look like a monster."
Hall said she loves working with children. "God called me to do this," she said.

"I am not going to be his victim. He's not going to destroy my passion for children. He's not going toss top me from working with children," she said.

But the memory of Charlie and Braden will stay with her forever, Hall said.

"The world lost two beautiful boys to a monster."

http://news.yahoo.com/josh-powell-told-sons-had-surprise-them-social-200053788--abc-news.html
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

Every time I think this can't get any worse, it does!   

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell-told-sons-surprise/story?id=15549745
February 9, 2012

"He caught my eye, his shoulders were slumped. He had a sheepish look," Hall told "20/20" in an exclusive interview. "He just shrugged his shoulders and slammed the door."

Hall said she had been taking the boys, Charles, 7, and Braden, 5, on supervised visits to Powell's house for three months.

Powell, who was the sole suspect in his wife Susan Cox's disappearance in 2009, had lost custody of the children in September and lost an appeal to get his children back just four days before he decided to kill them.
On Sunday, the children bounded out of her car and took off running for their father's house with Hall a few steps behind. Powell let them in, gave Hall his odd look, and locked the door.

As Hall banged on the door, "I heard him say, 'Charlie, I've got a big surprise for you'... And then I heard Braden cry out."

Powell often had surprises for the boys, Hall said, and the younger boy had a sore foot that Hall thought he had banged into something, but police later determined that Powell had used a hatchet to chop at his sons' heads and necks.

"I'm saying, 'Let me in, Josh, let me in,'" Hall said. "I realized I didn't have my phone in my hand and I could smell gas. Too much time had passed and I could smell gas."

There is a part of the above that makes no sense to me.........
"and the younger boy had a sore foot that Hall thought he had banged into something, but police later determined that Powell had used a hatchet to chop at his sons' heads and necks."  What does the sore foot on Braden's foot have to do w/ the hatchet being used...?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.