March 28, 2024, 05:19:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 374004 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2012, 08:01:54 PM »

CW and others - even though it looks like RightHaven has lost most of it's cases, I still don't want to take a chance with anything.  So if for any reason we have a word filtered out or a website filtered out, like Muffy said, please don't override the filter.

Thanks..I know you guys understand. 
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »

I wish some hackers looking for something to do would hack the dootie out of that SusanPowell dot org website that Skeeve Sr. and Skeeve Jr. set up to make Susan look bad. I had missed that lovely piece of handiwork, until I spent some time checking it out last night. I ran into by accident.

The sheer lengths a murderer will go to, to try and spin a story in their favor... it's UNREAL. Also, a huge waste of time and resources.

Someone needs to replace the whole website with the $1 menu board from McDonald's. Makes me so mad!

*** Dateline Special: Powell coming up tonight on NBC. 10/9 central

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2012, 08:38:31 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/dispatcher-who-took-911-powell-call-tells-dateline-he-wishes-hed-recognized-urgency/2012/02/10/gIQA783s4Q_story.html

Dispatcher who took 911 Powell call tells ‘Dateline’ he wishes he’d recognized ‘urgency’
Updated: Friday, February 10, 5:23 PM

SEATTLE — The dispatcher who took a much-criticized 911 call from a social worker trying to alert authorities to danger at Josh Powell’s house before he killed himself and his children says the case has been “a nightmare.”

The dispatcher says in an interview with “Dateline NBC” airing Friday that he didn’t realize who the social worker was talking about when she mentioned Powell’s name. Powell was a person of interest in his wife’s 2009 Utah disappearance and had lost custody of his two sons.
 ::snipping2::
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39:27 PM »

I wish some hackers looking for something to do would hack the dootie out of that SusanPowell dot org website that Skeeve Sr. and Skeeve Jr. set up to make Susan look bad. I had missed that lovely piece of handiwork, until I spent some time checking it out last night. I ran into by accident.

The sheer lengths a murderer will go to, to try and spin a story in their favor... it's UNREAL. Also, a huge waste of time and resources.

Someone needs to replace the whole website with the $1 menu board from McDonald's. Makes me so mad!

*** Dateline Special: Powell coming up tonight on NBC. 10/9 central

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/dispatcher-who-took-911-powell-call-tells-dateline-he-wishes-hed-recognized-urgency/2012/02/10/gIQA783s4Q_story.html

Dispatcher who took 911 Powell call tells ‘Dateline’ he wishes he’d recognized ‘urgency’
Updated: Friday, February 10, 5:23 PM

SEATTLE — The dispatcher who took a much-criticized 911 call from a social worker trying to alert authorities to danger at Josh Powell’s house before he killed himself and his children says the case has been “a nightmare.”

The dispatcher says in an interview with “Dateline NBC” airing Friday that he didn’t realize who the social worker was talking about when she mentioned Powell’s name. Powell was a person of interest in his wife’s 2009 Utah disappearance and had lost custody of his two sons.

The dispatcher couldn't have done anything.  Other than not allowing visitation in his home, I'm not sure what could have been done differently.  It's not the Social Workers fault but I do think the system failed.  Josh should never have been allowed the opportunity to do what he did. 
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2012, 10:03:02 PM »

Klaas - looky what I found stumbling through some old posts. This was one of yours.

I hope the quilt that they found, with the initial tests showing human blood, will answer some more questions for the Cox family.
----

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

Neighbor: Husband acted oddly during conversation Wednesday night
December 10th, 2009 @ 5:58pm

WEST VALLEY CITY -- While police continue their investigation into the case of a missing West Valley woman, her neighbor is opening up about a conversation he had with her husband Wednesday night.

Susan Powell, 28, disappeared Sunday. Her father, Charles Cox, told KSL News her husband, Josh Powell, said he took the couple's children camping Sunday night and came home Monday to find his wife missing.

Neighbor talks about conversation with Josh Powell

The couples' neighbor Tim Peterson told KSL News that Josh asked him for a ride Wednesday night to pick up his van, which police had searched. He said Josh's behavior was odd and he didn't know what to make of it.

She's a friend of ours, and this is tearing us up," Peterson said.

Like many others, Peterson has a lot of questions about Susan's disappearance, and he didn't get any answers from Josh.

"He'd only had like six hours of sleep in two days, and so he was just kind of in a haze. He just really wasn't himself," Peterson said. "Anytime we mentioned Susan, he didn't, he wouldn't respond. He wouldn't talk about her."

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. ::snipping2::

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »

20/20 and Dateline have the Powell story on. It is giving me the creeps, I cannot stand to look at the monster. 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »

Klaas - looky what I found stumbling through some old posts. This was one of yours.

I hope the quilt that they found, with the initial tests showing human blood, will answer some more questions for the Cox family.
----

WEST VALLEY CITY -- While police continue their investigation into the case of a missing West Valley woman, her neighbor is opening up about a conversation he had with her husband Wednesday night.

Susan Powell, 28, disappeared Sunday. Her father, Charles Cox, told KSL News her husband, Josh Powell, said he took the couple's children camping Sunday night and came home Monday to find his wife missing.

The couples' neighbor Tim Peterson told KSL News that Josh asked him for a ride Wednesday night to pick up his van, which police had searched. He said Josh's behavior was odd and he didn't know what to make of it.

Like many others, Peterson has a lot of questions about Susan's disappearance, and he didn't get any answers from Josh.

"He'd only had like six hours of sleep in two days, and so he was just kind of in a haze. He just really wasn't himself," Peterson said. "Anytime we mentioned Susan, he didn't, he wouldn't respond. He wouldn't talk about her."

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. ::snipping2::
Oh, I'll bet LE has put a rush on the testing of the quilt Josh stored.  Funny how some killers like their 'trophies' .

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »

Can I just say, if some dumb judge allows SP out to attend the funeral of Susan's boys, I'll be ready to jump a flight to WA and lay in the road to keep him from getting there. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2012, 10:39:49 PM »

Can I just say, if some dumb judge allows SP out to attend the funeral of Susan's boys, I'll be ready to jump a flight to WA and lay in the road to keep him from getting there. 

I couldn't believe when Steve said Susan would ask him to feel her freshly waxed legs...

Interviewer: How did you respond?

Steve: I just sort of ENJOYED THE MOMENT.

He actually said that on network television about his own son's wife.

>We passed the barf bag around the room at my house. The man has no shame, he doesn't even know what it is.

------------------
crazybabyborg
« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »

I watched Dateline. Of all the horrible, unthinkable things we know about in this case, I cannot get these words out of my head, "I have a surprise for you......"

It makes me shutter.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2012, 10:46:23 PM »

I'm betting he won't show, but who knows, who knows anything when it comes to those warped people!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »

----

Thanks for finding the article, Carpe.  Maybe the blood stained quilt found in storage will bring answers.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »

----

You know I keep thinking about how this all could have been avoided.  He showed all the signs when he was a kid (just like Joran).  Killing hamsters, threatening his mom, etc.  NOBODY TAKES 2 TODDLERS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT DURING A SNOW STORM CAMPING

So did he hit her in the head with a hatchet too?  Did he wrap her in the quilt and put her in the trunk?  He's been "hiding/moving" that quilt around with him when he moved?  Was it a trophy of his kill? 
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »

----

You know I keep thinking about how this all could have been avoided.  He showed all the signs when he was a kid (just like Joran).  Killing hamsters, threatening his mom, etc.  NOBODY TAKES 2 TODDLERS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT DURING A SNOW STORM CAMPING

So did he hit her in the head with a hatchet too?  Did he wrap her in the quilt and put her in the trunk?  He's been "hiding/moving" that quilt around with him when he moved?  Was it a trophy of his kill?  

Maybe. Or maybe he was stuck with the quilt and thought he'd have more time to get rid of it, did not know what to do.

Susan's friends verify for me that she really was not feeling very well.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350711/West-Valley-police-neighbors-call-Susan-Powells-disappearance-suspicious.html
Edit to add link per Carpe.  MB
West Valley police, neighbors call Susan Powell's disappearance 'suspicious'

Police search missing mom's home for clues

By Emiley Morgan

Deseret News
Published: Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009 11:40 p.m. MST

Close friend and neighbor Kiirsi Hellewell, who has become the self-appointed advocate for Susan Powell because the woman's family lives in Washington, has pieced together a detailed timeline of events. She said she walked home from church with Susan Powell and her sons around noon Sunday. Another friend from her LDS ward ate dinner with the Powells Sunday evening. That friend told Hellewell she left the home shortly after Susan Powell said she wasn't feeling well and Josh Powell announced that he was going to take the boys sledding and then go eat. ::snipping2::
-----
Perhaps Jennifer Graves theory is right on the mark... that he slipped her drugs. (or poison, I think) Made her sick.

Remember, he's a King Coward that likes to tell 7 year old boys I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU!

Perhaps he had a surprise for Susan, too. When she was asleep and couldn't defend herself?

I think you may have hit the nail on the head, Klaas. He wrapped her up in the comforter.

Put mommy in the trunk and went camping.

Why did he kill her? She was going to leave him.

He was in charge of everything and he was driving them into the ground. 200K in the hole. 2007 Bankruptcy.

I think she told him where to go stuff his DOLLAR MENU... and I don't blame her! She was the one with a J-O-B.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:22:58 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

------------------
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »

Am I remembering this correctly?

On the day after the camping trip, when nobody went to work, and the kids weren't taken to day care, somebody asked Josh if Susan went on the camping trip (or something to that effect).  He replied, that no, she stayed home to scrub a RED stain out of the carpet.  Susan's parents remember going to Susan's house and seeing fans trying to dry the spot.

Was this not a big tipoff?  Did the police test the spot for blood? 

That and the quilt comment are just too weird!  And telling.   

Did the neighbor tell the police about the quilt comment?  And why didn't the police search for it then?  Did he have the storage unit in 2009 and was it searched then?

Challapalca him!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: February 11, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

Link for snip-it... from the article where her friend said she wasn't feeling well.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350711/West-Valley-police-neighbors-call-Susan-Powells-disappearance-suspicious.html

------------------
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2012, 12:15:25 AM »

On the day after the camping trip, when nobody went to work, and the kids weren't taken to day care, somebody asked Josh if Susan went on the camping trip (or something to that effect).  He replied, that no, she stayed home to scrub a RED stain out of the carpet.  Susan's parents remember going to Susan's house and seeing fans trying to dry the spot.

Did the neighbor tell the police about the quilt comment?  And why didn't the police search for it then?  Did he have the storage unit in 2009 and was it searched then?

I don't remember Josh saying that she stayed home to scrub the stain.  I do know they did find josh with fans trying to dry a spot in the carpet.  I'm not sure Josh had that same storage unit then. 
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2012, 12:25:38 AM »

Ok, here's the link:

This one says Josh said it, in another it was attributed to Steve.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/08/25/susan-powell-disappearance-sources-say-arrest-imminent-father-in-law-is-a-perv/

Josh alleges Susan disappeared on December 9, 2009 when he took the couples children on an impromptu camping trip, 2 hours away, in a blizzard, with a generator, while forgetting to call his employer when he did not show up two days later.

He admitted that Susan stayed behind to clean a red stain on the carpet, which police witnessed two fans drying, three days later.

Challapalca him!
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2012, 12:31:50 AM »

here's the article where Steve says the red stain was koolaide:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/break-missing-mom-susan-powell-case/story?id=14333638#.TzX7fXpdCSo

Steven Powell also spoke to the Tribune, saying that the curious wet spot found by police on the carpet in his son and daughter-in-laws home after her disappearance was from a clean-up that Susan Powell had done on a red stain that he said was "probably juice or something."

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.