March 28, 2024, 09:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #3 2/07/12 - 5/07/12  (Read 374041 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #800 on: March 31, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »

Where's that poo throwing monkey?  I'd like to throw some at West Valley, UT Police Department. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #801 on: April 01, 2012, 12:34:36 PM »

Heartsick, again, over this case.  This last year has made me think that the bad guys really are winning........

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: April 01, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Utah-mayor-defends-police-handling-of-Susan-Powell-case--145650535.html
Utah mayor defends police handling of Susan Powell case
April 1, 2012

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - A Utah mayor is defending his police department's handling of the Susan Powell case, insisting it did everything it could to resolve the case since she disappeared more than two years ago.

After Friday's release of court documents linking Josh Powell to the 2009 disappearance of his wife, her family and prosecutors in Washington state questioned why he wasn't arrested for her murder before he killed himself and their two young children two months ago.

West Valley City Mayor Mike Winder told the Deseret News that it's easy to go back and second-guess police decisions, especially after the Feb. 5 death of the two boys in a gas-fueled house inferno in Washington.

"It is easy to Monday morning quarterback these things. It is easy for those of us who watch TV to say, 'Hey, there is plenty of evidence,'" Winder said. "It is a different matter if you are in the legal community to have enough evidence to go in for an arrest."

West Valley City police have repeatedly said they are treating the case as a missing-person matter. They still don't have a body, and no firm answers on where - and if - a murder took place.

::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: April 01, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19814201
Josh Powell case questioned, Mayor supports police
March 31, 2012

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Despite public scrutiny and criticism from Susan's family after Friday's press conference, the Mayor of West Valley City is standing by the police department in its investigation into the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

Chuch Cox, Susan Powell's father, is frustrated and disappointed with West Valley City Police, who he continually voice support for in the past. But with evidence released Friday, now he has serious questions about the investigation.

"I do think they tried their best and certainly took it seriously enough and everything, but I think it was just a bad call," Cox said.
Mike Winder, Mayor of West Valley City, said that if investigators had had adequate evidence for an arrest, it would have happened. He admits that like the public, he has limited information about the case, but he stands by the police department.

"It's easy for those of us to watch TV to say, ‘Hey, there's plenty of evidence,' " Winder said. "It's a different matter when you're in the legal community to have enough evidence to go in for an arrest."

West Valley City residents, however, feel that not enough was done before Josh Powell took his life and that of his sons.
Attorney Anne Bremner, who represents the Cox family, agrees. She said police had compelling evidence against Josh Powell and could have taken it to prosecution.

"I prosecuted murder cases," Bremner said. " I prosecuted cases on less that that and won them."

Winder and the city council will take a closer look at how police have handled the Powell case and raise any questions they may have about the investigation. He said that the city has had "continuous contact this weekend and throughout this case" with police.

He is confident that if investigators had had enough evidence for an arrest, it would have happened.

"The last thing they were going to do was make a premature arrest and let someone slip through the fingers of justice," Winder said.

Video at Link

40 comments at time I posted link.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: April 01, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powells-sister-police-responsible-death-boys/story?id=16051496
Susan Powell's Sister: Police Responsible for Death of Boys
April 1, 2012

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #805 on: April 02, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »

The Today Show

Susan Powell's Parents:  She stayed too long

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46924024#46924024

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19814201
Josh Powell case questioned, Mayor supports police
March 31, 2012

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Despite public scrutiny and criticism from Susan's family after Friday's press conference, the Mayor of West Valley City is standing by the police department in its investigation into the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

Chuch Cox, Susan Powell's father, is frustrated and disappointed with West Valley City Police, who he continually voice support for in the past. But with evidence released Friday, now he has serious questions about the investigation.

"I do think they tried their best and certainly took it seriously enough and everything, but I think it was just a bad call," Cox said.
Mike Winder, Mayor of West Valley City, said that if investigators had had adequate evidence for an arrest, it would have happened. He admits that like the public, he has limited information about the case, but he stands by the police department.

"It's easy for those of us to watch TV to say, ‘Hey, there's plenty of evidence,' " Winder said. "It's a different matter when you're in the legal community to have enough evidence to go in for an arrest."

West Valley City residents, however, feel that not enough was done before Josh Powell took his life and that of his sons.
Attorney Anne Bremner, who represents the Cox family, agrees. She said police had compelling evidence against Josh Powell and could have taken it to prosecution.

"I prosecuted murder cases," Bremner said. " I prosecuted cases on less that that and won them."

Winder and the city council will take a closer look at how police have handled the Powell case and raise any questions they may have about the investigation. He said that the city has had "continuous contact this weekend and throughout this case" with police.

He is confident that if investigators had had enough evidence for an arrest, it would have happened.

"The last thing they were going to do was make a premature arrest and let someone slip through the fingers of justice," Winder said.

Video at Link

40 comments at time I posted link.

Well the Mayor can go jump in a lake as far as I'm concerned. I submit that while Monday morning quarterbacking is indeed easy, so are Monday morning excuses and he's full of them/it.

There were CHILDREN at risk here! Those CHILDREN were being allowed to visit the murderer at his home and that was a direct link to the fact there had been no arrest!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: April 03, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19841501

WVCPD chief says more than Josh, Steven Powell under investigation
By Lori Prichard
April 2nd, 2012 @ 10:48pm

Nielsen warned, though, that the case is far from over.

"We still need to know, where is Susan? What happened? Was there an accomplice? Who helped them? Who refuses to talk to us?"

Nielsen said that police don't necessarily need to find Susan's body but need to have a clear understanding of what happened to her.

"No, [you don't need a body] but you have to have a real strong case without a body," he said
In addition to Josh Powell and his father, Steven, he said investigators are looking at a "few others" in connection with Susan's disappearance.

Regarding the Powell family, Nielsen said, "We do want to talk to them, absolutely. They've refused to cooperate also."

Over the course of this investigation, Nielsen said the police department did not have enough clear and convincing evidence to arrest Powell or even get a conviction.

"Have we presented our case for screening? No," Nielsen said adding that the police department hasn't reached that point.

When asked whether Nielsen's department could have done anything differently to have saved Susan Powell's two sons from being killed by their father, he paused and said: "I don't think so. I think Josh had it planned out."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »

http://mynorthwest.com/11/655994/Attorney-Parents-of-Susan-Cox-Powell-want-change

Updated Apr 3, 2012 - 2:25 pm
Attorney: Parents of Susan Cox Powell want change

West Valley Police continue to treat the investigation as a missing persons case, but Bremner said the odds of her being alive, "are about zero."

"She would have seen her children. She loved her children. She would have seen my clients, her parents," said Bremner. "She's gone, unfortunately. We may never find her, but we know she's dead."

Bremner said the West Valley City Police Department has been consumed with finding a body, but that considering the evidence the department had, a case against Josh Powell could have moved forward.

"They kept saying we need to find Susan Powell, and they're saying it to this day, 'We need to find her. We need to find her.' But they didn't need to find her. They didn't need to find her to prosecute."

Bremner said if the Cox family pursues action against the department, the claim would likely be for negligent investigation.

She said her clients' main concern is keeping this from happening to another family.

"My clients want change. That can come through legislation that they back. That can come through victim advocacy groups. That can come through litigation," said Bremner. "I'm talking to my clients as to what they want to do to effectuate some change."
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: April 03, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »

IDK,look at KC,little caylee found and mom free,we all know, but the jury
said no ,there is doubt,wonder if that case has spooked the justice system

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: April 04, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »

http://fox13now.com/2012/04/03/steven-powell-called-in-sick-the-day-after-susans-disappearance/

Steven Powell called in sick the day after Susan’s disappearance

The Washington Department of Corrections confirmed to FOX 13′s sister station Q13 in Seattle late Tuesday that Steven Powell took time off on Dec. 8 and 9 of 2009, just after Susan Cox Powell vanished from her home in Utah. It raises questions about his exact whereabouts as police focus more on what he may know about her disappearance.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: April 04, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »

http://fox13now.com/2012/04/03/steven-powell-called-in-sick-the-day-after-susans-disappearance/

The Washington Department of Corrections confirmed to FOX 13′s sister station Q13 in Seattle late Tuesday that Steven Powell took time off on Dec. 8 and 9 of 2009, just after Susan Cox Powell vanished from her home in Utah. It raises questions about his exact whereabouts as police focus more on what he may know about her disappearance.

Thank you for the interesting article, 4 Donks.  I continue to hope Susan's remains can be recovered so her parents can bury her with her little boys.  And if along the way Steve Powell pays his evil ways and deeds, that's good too.  I doubt Steve is going to volunteer any information, since he hasn't cooperated up to this point.  It would not surprise me in the least if it's found Steve helped Josh dispose of Susan's body.   

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: April 04, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »

Thank you for the interesting article, 4 Donks.  I continue to hope Susan's remains can be recovered so her parents can bury her with her little boys.  And if along the way Steve Powell pays his evil ways and deeds, that's good too.  I doubt Steve is going to volunteer any information, since he hasn't cooperated up to this point.  It would not surprise me in the least if it's found Steve helped Josh dispose of Susan's body.   

Not a coincidence, me thinks! The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the rotten tree, in this case. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: April 04, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/New-twist-in-Susan-Powell-disapperance-raising/0_Kkd5o2jkeu0_fjAZpWuA.cspx
New twist in Susan Powell disapperance raising questions about her father-in-law
Reported by: Brian Carlson
April 4, 2012

According to the report, in December of 2009, Steve Powell called in sick to work the day after Susan was reported missing. Those days coincide with the same time period that Susan's husband, Josh Powell, rented a car from the Salt Lake Airport and drove it more than 800 miles. By this time Josh Powell had just returned from his so-called camping trip with his boys. Police had begun searching Josh and Susan's home in West Valley City, as well as the family van.

Also in the report, West Valley Police are not yet commenting on the new development, but when the West Valley Police Chief was asked recently if he thought Steve Powell was an accomplice in Susan's disappearance he replied “absolutely.”

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »

West Valley officials done talking about Susan Powell case

WEST VALLEY CITY — Following widespread criticism of the West Valley City Police Department's handling of the Susan Powell case, city officials have announced they will no longer speak publicly about the investigation.

Police Chief Thayle "Buzz" Nielsen met behind closed doors for about 30 minutes Tuesday evening with Mayor Mike Winder, members of the City Council and other city officials.

"We appreciate the briefing we've received from staff today," Winder said following the meeting. "Due to an ongoing investigation, as elected officials, we won't be making any more comments on this matter."

City spokesman Aaron Crim said the City Council closed the meeting to the public because it dealt with "reasonably imminent litigation."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=19853720&autostart=y
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: April 04, 2012, 01:03:37 PM »

Steve Powell skipped work a day after Susan disappeared
Steve Powell’s two sick days coincide with his son renting a car and putting 800 miles on it.

Steve Powell called in sick to work a day after his daughter-in-law Susan disappeared from her West Valley City home, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

Powell was absent from his Washington state job on Dec. 8 and Dec. 9, 2009, his former employer confirmed Tuesday.

The days coincide with the period that his son Josh Powell, Susan’s husband, rented a Ford Focus from the Salt Lake International Airport, putting more than 800 miles on the vehicle before returning it around 7 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2009.

West Valley City police Sgt. Mike Powell, who is not related, declined to comment Tuesday on what investigators know about Steve Powell’s work absence, saying he "wouldn’t be addressing that question at all" because Susan Powell’s case is "an active investigation that is progressing."

The officer said investigators want to speak with Steve Powell but he "has been uncooperative from the onset," and police haven’t attempted to speak with him for some time.

"It’s useless at this point," the sergeant said. "He’s made it very clear that he doesn’t want to speak to law enforcement."

http://**/sltrib/jazz/53848257-78/powell-susan-josh-police.html.csp
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: April 04, 2012, 01:07:02 PM »

Steven Powell called in sick after Susan Powell disappeared

SEATTLE – Steven Powell, the father-in-law of missing Utah mother Susan Cox Powell, did not report to work in the two days after Susan disappeared in 2009, reports the Salt Lake City Tribune.

Those days coincide with the period that Susan’s husband, Josh Powell, rented a car and drove more than 800 miles before returning it.

A spokeswoman for the Washington Department of Corrections told the Tribune Steven sent an email to his supervisor asking for sick leave on Dec. 8 and Dec. 9, 2009. Steven was reportedly an account executive with Washington state Correctional Industries, selling furniture made by inmates.

West Valley City, Utah, police would not comment on Steven Powell’s absence from work, but said investigators “absolutely” believe Steven Powell may have had a role in Susan’s disappearance or death. That contradicts a statement by Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist, who said last week he does not believe Steven is linked to Susan's murder.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/146118365.html
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #817 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »

I, personally, believe that SP is up to his bushy eyebrows in Susan's murder and disposal.  JP couldn't wipe his nose without SP telling him how.  Those two cooked up the whole plan.  Now that sonny-boy took the coward's way out, let daddy-o pay the price for both of them. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: April 04, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »

I, personally, believe that SP is up to his bushy eyebrows in Susan's murder and disposal.  JP couldn't wipe his nose without SP telling him how.  Those two cooked up the whole plan.  Now that sonny-boy took the coward's way out, let daddy-o pay the price for both of them. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #819 on: April 05, 2012, 10:37:05 AM »

No doubt, period.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.