April 28, 2024, 09:14:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #637 6/8 - 6/10/2007  (Read 158011 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"
Quote from: "Easywriter"
Breaking News

This morning Paris was served cold grits, reconstituted eggs and powdered milk for breakfast.  Shortly after being served, she could be heard screaming, Mom! Mom! Mom!

Wink somehow, I don't think they serve grits in ANY California penal institution!

A pile of grits can go a long way!  What do they serve in California?

tofu???  Wink

...fruits and nuts?????  Wink

that would be "who" they serve  Laughing
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: June 09, 2007, 09:30:07 AM »

In my infinite 17-year-old wisdom, I decide they ain’t takin’ me alive,

Very Happy  Shocked  Wink  Cool

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #482 on: June 09, 2007, 09:40:19 AM »

That experience ended my life of crime.  Cool  Laughing  Cool

Easy -  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2007, 09:49:13 AM »

Easy ~ great story  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing You obviously weren't cut out for a life of crime.  Wink  Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »

Heli at RU did a transcription of Tim Miller on Dana Pretzer last night:

Dana Pretzer Show
June 8, 2007

Transcribed from Podcast

Dana:

You're looking to being back in Aruba at the end of the month; how long do you think you'll be there:

Tim:

I think Dana within, I hate to make predictions, you know I think within ten (10) days, if Natalee is there in a container we're going to bring that little girl back home to Alabama, I mean that was our mission two (2) years ago . It's one of them cases, not because it's a high profile case, you know what all these poor families (inaudible) we put just as much effort into and this is a case of another beautiful young girl that really didn't do anything wrong; she went there for a highschool graduation My God I remember things I did in highschool, we all put ourselves at risk at some time but somebody made a choice to do something to Natalee Holloway, I don't have any doubt in my mind (inaudible) wasn't Joran van der Sloot and I don't have any doubt in my mind, I've been wrong before, but I've said it was Paulus van der Sloot that made the arrangements to have her taken out to sea and you know what? we're just driven on bringing her back

How can you put a timeline on it but you know with the size of these ships, the technology that we're going over there with, we're optimistic. These ships are actually equipped (inaudible) incredible company that's offering these services and again we're going to be interviewing them next week and it's something we've been wanting to make happen, for somebody to step forward. I've been talking to them since December actually (inaudible) Dave Holloway called me back after I left his house (inaudible) to stay in touch with the ship last week and Dave said 'Have you ever seen anybody do a back flip/" and I said "no" and he said "well I did after talking to that man"

It's incredible, and again, God blessed us with all the wonderful, wonderful people that have big hearts and want to make a difference.

Dana:

God bless you Tim and let's hope that the very first day that you're in Aruba you find Natalee and we can bring her home. I'll stay in touch

Tim:

Let's bring her home and let's go to that funeral and let's get that family, again I'm gonna say this one more time, there's one thing worse than having a murdered child and that's (inaudible) never being able to say goodbye so we need to do everything we can to give Dave and Beth that opportunity

Dana:

Absolutely. Thank you my friend, we'll talk to you soon.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #485 on: June 09, 2007, 10:00:33 AM »

Klaas - I was browsing a little while ago at one of the bad places, and someone there made a big song and dance about the address of the church Tom attends. Did you see that?

You have to really be reaching for something to accuse somebody of when you accuse them of going to church.  Laughing  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2007, 10:01:15 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Klaas - I was browsing a little while ago at one of the bad places, and someone there made a big song and dance about the address of the church Tom attends. Did you see that?

You have to really be reaching for something to accuse somebody of when you accuse them of going to church.  Laughing  Laughing

Yep, I saw that.

Edited to add:  Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any connection to Tom and that church in what they posted.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2007, 10:02:41 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "BTgirl"

Yep, I saw that.

I guess Tom should feel pretty good that the worst thing they could find out about him is that he attends church.

I Stand With The Girl
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2007, 10:19:53 AM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
Hi!  I need to fixed a pressure switch on my well more like replace one this morning.. I went back to work this week and it was kinda funny because the first thing I noticed is my desk looked the same as when I left 5 months ago, papers and books where exactly where I left them.. I would of thought that they would of outsourced my office out but nope.. Well it was good to be back to some normality and I celebrated with a beer last night with two good friends..  So cheers to you on this Saturday and hopefully we will have some good news about the case..

Hey Mr. Peeping Squirrel, nice to see ya ! !
You must be doing good to go back to work.
Happy to hear from you Terry.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2007, 10:28:33 AM »

Someone should tell this woman’s fiancé to take notice of the RED FLAGS!  Shocked

TURLOCK, Calif. —  A bride-to-be who wanted to get out of a date with a man she met on a phone chat line sent officers on a wild chase when she faked her abduction, police said.

Sara White, 20, was charged Wednesday with a misdemeanor charge of abusing emergency dispatch services for telling authorities she had been hit on the head and dragged into the trunk of a car while sitting in a Sacramento park.

White said she concocted the story Monday after changing her mind about meeting the man, with whom she'd been talking on the phone for two weeks.
"Basically, it was the only thing I could think of," she said.

The man called authorities, who dispatched 60 officers to search for her.
White continued the lie when officers called her cell phone. At one point, she described being taken to a white house with green trim — her home, where police found her when they became suspicious of her story.

"We told her to hang on, that we are going to save her," said Sacramento police Sgt. Matt Young. "And all this time she is sitting in her living room."

White, who spent two nights in jail after her arrest Monday night, said she feels bad about lying to the police. Her engagement is still on, and she plans to get married in April.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »

So did JR and his Mumma just up and leave ?
Why wouldn't they delegate the banning, etc button to Ms. MoonSh*t ?
If he didn't want anything more to do with it ??
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »

Posted by Robert on the front page of SM - the next part of Joran's interview on Jensen:

Next part Jensen - JvdSloot

Then I wouldn’t be satisfied with a confrontation in a van, once…
Joran: Well, there are other… Well yes, I don’t really want to talk to them again. That is really…
Jensen: But Joran, you do have a… Three years ago… Or two years… How long has it been now… Two years…
Joran: Yes, two years ago…
Jensen: Well, how I would have experienced it… Like hell… you’ve experienced hell for two years…
Joran: Well I’m stuck with that anyhow… If I speak to them or not… Uh… I’ve had that all…
Jensen: But Joran… You are sure… The way you describe it… what happened that night… If it all happened that way… Then it’s because their statements that there still is a chaos.
Joran: No, I don’t… Well I think that you put somewhat to much emphasis on this… Because…Yes… I just think in this case… As you look at it… And you see that by me as well and others there’s been lied… Yes… Then you cannot anylonger… Yes, I understand that you then can’t relie anylonger on what somebody says… but… Then you in my opinion, just have to look at the facts… And I think that when you realy look into the facts in this case… So not just what a person says or thinks… and speculates… but into the facts.., that these free me of any guilt… And yes… That should…
Jensen: But you say, you are all in some sort of web of lies… and you can’t get out of that?
Joran: Yes… That’s what I wanted the say before… You are never heard by the police in a murdercase. And what the police do to you isn’t that normal either… You were interrogated for tens of hours continiously, especially in the beginning… By many different detectives… They came over from Holland… From Aruba… And they lie to you all the time. They tell you that the other guys have told them you did the bad things… And… You name it..
Jensen: They trie to frame you. I’m eager to believe that.
Joran: But then it realy happens that you say something bad about one of the others… because they say something bad about you… And that is how it starts off… That was how it was…
Jensen: And then you start reacting…
Joran: And so they put you up to one another…
Jensen: But still Joran… Where do I go wrong???!!! If it was as simple as you’ve told me.
Joran: It’s been that simple…
Jensen: But how is it possible that it gets so out of control and become so chaotic and triggers even more lies and all that kind of stuff? Why, why, why, why!!!???
Joran: Yes I think everything, all the lies, I’ve tried to explain in my book. And I hope the people can understand it. I don’t know if you’ve read it…
Jensen: Yes I’ve read the book, I have read the book. Of course… And I know everything about this case… Everything! They could hire me as special prosecutor…
Joran: Well let’s take for example my shoes… I’ve left my shoes there that night… On the beach… That sounds very suspicious… Yes… Why didn’t you just pick up your shoes and take them with you? That is something as well… that I have stated myself… to the police… that I left my shoes there… Why would you put more suspicion on you by telling the police that?
Jensen: Well, on all these details we could do another show of about four months…. About these kinds of details… shoes, this, that… You know… these kinds of puzzlepieces… But what sticks to my mind is the bigger timeline. Nobody knows what’s happened after she was abandoned at the beach… You say you went home… And there are lies between you and your friends of which I don’t understand why their should be lied about that. That’s my point. I just present my point. Because you know what my feeling is? Just a feeling… Who am I…. … I don’t think you are a murderer… I realy don’t think that. I don’t think you did something. The Americans are confinced you did that but I don’t think that… But I do think Joran… I do have a very strong feeling and everybody whom I talk to agrees with me… And I have this feeling tonight as well… YOU KNOW SOMETHING… … …THAT YOU HAVEN’T TOLD YET.
Joran: Yes I can understand that you have that feeling. But… Yes…. That… That is realy not the case… That is really, really not true… I’ve told everything I know. And I would wish that I knew, that I knew what happened. So I could tell it and everything would be over… I really would want that… I’m stuck with this every day. I don’t know it either. I feel sorry for what happened as well. As well for the family… And as well for her family… Many of the things they did I feel that shouldn’t have happened. The boycot of Aruba, these things… But yes… I would, I wouldn’t know what I should do when somebody I love would have been dissappeared and Joran was the last seen with that person… And it all sounded suspicious… I wouldn’t know what kinds of things I would do… I can understand that… But I really don’t know more then what I’ve told already…
Jensen: It’s always that feeling that will be attached to you. Like: there is something more… That he doesn’t … In combination with that vague stuff that is going on between you and your friends. With that lying of them about what you… Get it? That combination… May I ask one more thing of you Joran? And after that… But… I read your book. Actually… There are a few things in it… Here… Your a quite intelligent guy I think… You do that quite good… Fine. As I read about details. Of that evening. When you saw Natalee. You know: (Reads a phrase of the book with a LOT of details in it about things Natalee says and does amongst which: gestures and othere small things.) Jensen: And this goes on for pages… The details are just perfect. The way you describe it… It is painted to the second what happens… But I find… Further along in the book, where it is about, you know, the chatting you did… And the sms you got from Deepak… There it reads… During the interrogation. We’re further in the book now: (Reads the mismatch of the sms/msn messages and Jorans statements at the buro; suddenly there’s a total lack of details and here Joran knows nothing anymore.) Jensen: You get it? I think you’re very intelligent in writing about the details first but here it gets so…. blurry!!!??? “I don’t know anymore why I had to thank him at 3 o’clock at night? Why should…
Joran: But what do you think than, is blurry?
Jensen: Because the whole night, and it’s a heavy night, you know… And I know for sure if you at that point are accused of a murder… everything should get very clear to you, what happened?
Joran: No.
Jensen: And the same goes for the evening that you describe in the C&C’s were you could remember the details. And suddenly you don’t know anymore why you had to thank Deepak.
Joran: Well that’s not right. These details came out there because you are so heavily interrogated by the police… So many of these interrogations are used to write the book. And I think if I would ask you what you did two weeks ago at a thuesday, accept for being here, you wouldn’t know either. It wasn’t the day after that I was arrested of course. I think that if I’d sat here today and all this would have not happened, I wouldn’t even now who Natalee Holloway was. I maybe would have forgotten the whole night. So…
Jensen: I don’t think so… I think you’re more intelligent than that… I think I would have remembered it. On such an… Because how many sms-es do you sent at a quarter past three on such a night?
Joran: That night: two.
Jensen: Two? And you don’t know anymore what they meant and why you sent them?
Joran: The moment I was arrested I didn’t know that I’d sent two sms-es to Deepak two weeks before that.
Jensen: But you don’t know either… that… “Hey, thanks Swa Good night… ” Do you remember what you chatted about online?
Joran: Uh yes… That’s in the book as well and it can’t be doubted because I mean the police can get all that back from your telephone and your…
Jensen: Well alright… I’ve said that’s it… But I don’t think that you really did something… But maybe that one of you… You know something more. I think that.
Joran: I’m sorry I have to dissappoint you. I know nothing more about it…
Jensen: Hmm, hmm… How is life now for you Joran? Because… I have a thing as well. If I had gone through what you’ve experienced… And what you are in… Yes, at a certain time I’ld think… Well God yes… Well indeed now I am the mainsuspect… But they don’t have anything on me… And I didn’t do it… I want… I am going to shave my head bold and going to live somewhere in Cambodja, for some three years and I’ll be back. I don’t want to have to do with anyone for a while…
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2007, 10:54:27 AM »

FYI - I've put all Robert's translations of Joran's interview with Jensen in this thread:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1205
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »

Jensen is kinda like a nice pussycat, ( and he has nice hair ! !)
but he did get his licks in. My feeling is that  Joran sitting there saying that he did not know why he sent these messages or know what happened showed Joran for the idiot he is. Well, more than an idiot, a guilty idiot.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2007, 11:03:05 AM »

Thanks Klaas, I may get caught up on my reading here by xmas at this rate  Laughing thanks to Heli for the transcript too  Very Happy

It's surely good to see Tim and Dave so excited, I pray it all comes to fruition with the outcome of bringing her home.

sharon - your translation of FOB?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Easy, remember panty raids? I have an older sister with red hair who is quite a rebel to this day. There was a panty raid at the unversity dorm she lived in, in our hometown. On the front page the next morning is a photo of two girls tossing panties out their window, my sister and the daughter of the president of the university  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed

I think a night in jail might have been easier than living that down  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Rick did tell son about his one night in jail after rolling a car one night at age 18, all he got was two slices of bread and a piece of cheese between it. He gave his away too  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »

edited to add on the FP of the newspaper, not SM  Laughing

back to work, ugh !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2007, 11:14:13 AM »

well your food paris sounds like camp food to me.I had that,minus the meat product for 14 days,so whats the big deal.Enjoy your vacation paris,you get to meet and impress new people.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »

Our panty raid took place,in Jan.It was cold and the womenturned on the firehouses,at us.It was cold,very cold.Oh well,never trust the Chi Ohs again
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »

Paris can make new BFF in there.
Don't know why her parents don't hire a man nanny for her. When she gets out. A lawyer / chaueffeur, etc. Always have the bail monies cash in your pocket.
Ppl would make fun of Anna Nicole and her lack of education, red neck family, etc, this one didn't finish hi school either.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2007, 11:46:50 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/english/  06/08/2007

Cabana Resort and Casino sold through auction  

The Royal Cabana Casino is in very poor condition.  The new owner plans to invest in the upgrading of the casino.

ORANJESTAD – The timeshare-resort La Cabana Villas, the casino, and the remaining bigger apartment complex were auctioned off last Thursday morning and Fred Gillmann of the American Gillmann Group in Las Vegas bought it for 93 million florins.  

In the beginning, Gillmann was only interested in the Royal Cabana Casino, but by coupling the timeshare-resort and the apartment complex to the casino, the curators managed to finally sell the resort that was declared bankrupt a few years ago.  With the selling of the resort, the mostly foreign creditors can recover their claim.  The total claim is approximately 60 million dollars, which are 108 million florins.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.