April 27, 2024, 03:33:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #637 6/8 - 6/10/2007  (Read 157955 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: June 09, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
<-----------baseball bat.......handy

<----------- hand gun..........handy  

<----------- shot gun...very handy  

when a burglar hears the very distintive sound of a PUMP on a shot gun

thats about all that is ever needed  Cool

i sleep well at night

Cool

I have an old Marlin that is so well worn from skeet shooting years ago that is really slides so easily and smooth.  Strange as it sounds, I really like that sound.  Sounds like protection to me.

I, too, sleep well at night.  The dogs will for sure wake me if anything amiss as one or the other will hear it.  Yorkies have some of the most sensitive hearing of all dogs.  They hear everything first.  And yap!

That's all I ask, to be awake as then I am pretty much ready for anything.   Very Happy Where I live is considered remote and most of Alabama is not this way but we are very old school here, do not sneak up on each other at all.  When a male knocks on my door, they always back completely off the porch and sort of stand in the yard so I can see who it is and that they are well away and I am out of their reach.

I had never really thought about that sort of tradition but it is coming to mean more these days than in the past.  I also have a sign that says not to open gate but to sound horn on vehicle.

Yes, very old school but living in exurbia it is also practical.  If they want me to open the door, they can get away from it.   Very Happy And some how we all know to do these things without really having it all explained.  I think stepping back away from a door is very good manners especially if expecting a female to open it.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: June 09, 2007, 11:12:23 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Way, way O/T

Does anyone have one of those small swimming pools where you swim against a wave for exercise? Hubby and I are considering one and would like opinions. TY

Nope,  not at home we have a regular swimming pool.  I have used those on cruises however, and I was not impressed.  Many of them have essentially an apparatus that restrains you as the water works past you  not quite as it appears.   The ones that are truly a swimming against the tide, or for very experienced swimmers that can swim incredibly fast AND STRONG.  More marathon swimmers.

Thanks AZSunny. I appreciate the information. Maybe we're going to have to invest in a shortish regular lap pool instead.

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: June 09, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

The wild critters would enjoy that.  That is so nice of BT and Mr BT thinking of providing a pool for the wildlife  Laughing  Laughing

Yep, we thought about those wild critters, LOL.

If we get a pool, we'll have to build a building around it to keep those little varmints out.

I Stand With The Girl
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: June 09, 2007, 11:14:22 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Way, way O/T

Does anyone have one of those small swimming pools where you swim against a wave for exercise? Hubby and I are considering one and would like opinions. TY

http://www.wavetecpools.com/thewavetecpoolinfinitepool.aspx

This one sure doesn't take up too much space.   Wink

The wild critters would enjoy that.  That is so nice of BT and Mr BT thinking of providing a pool for the wildlife  Laughing  Laughing
LOL! Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: June 09, 2007, 11:14:35 PM »

Talking of wildlife - I am not having much success with that wolfcam.  Seems to just be playing the same few seconds of film over and over.  Penguins are much more interesting thus far.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: June 09, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »

Talking of wildlife - I am not having much success with that wolfcam.  Seems to just be playing the same few seconds of film over and over.  Penguins are much more interesting thus far.

I know. I'm disappointed in it. I looked at it several times today, and it looked like the camera angle kept changing, but there was nothing to be seen but dirt. I guess if I want to see the wolf pups, I'm gonna have to drive out to the nature center.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: June 09, 2007, 11:16:23 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Way, way O/T

http://www.wavetecpools.com/thewavetecpoolinfinitepool.aspx

This one sure doesn't take up too much space.   Wink

Yep, thanks. That's the sort of thing we're thinking of. Since we have several acres of land behind the house, we've been discussing building an addition that would have space for one of those pools, plus room to put our other exercise equipment.

Sounds like fun. I wonder how the mechanics of such a thing holdup? We have a regular pool, and have to replace the filter every couple of years at a fair expense.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: June 09, 2007, 11:16:37 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "robots"
<-----------baseball bat.......handy

<----------- hand gun..........handy  

<----------- shot gun...very handy  

when a burglar hears the very distintive sound of a PUMP on a shot gun

thats about all that is ever needed  Cool

i sleep well at night

Cool

I have an old Marlin that is so well worn from skeet shooting years ago that is really slides so easily and smooth.  Strange as it sounds, I really like that sound.  Sounds like protection to me.

I, too, sleep well at night.  The dogs will for sure wake me if anything amiss as one or the other will hear it.  Yorkies have some of the most sensitive hearing of all dogs.  They hear everything first.  And yap!

That's all I ask, to be awake as then I am pretty much ready for anything.   Very Happy Where I live is considered remote and most of Alabama is not this way but we are very old school here, do not sneak up on each other at all.  When a male knocks on my door, they always back completely off the porch and sort of stand in the yard so I can see who it is and that they are well away and I am out of their reach.

I had never really thought about that sort of tradition but it is coming to mean more these days than in the past.  I also have a sign that says not to open gate but to sound horn on vehicle.

Yes, very old school but living in exurbia it is also practical.  If they want me to open the door, they can get away from it.   Very Happy And some how we all know to do these things without really having it all explained.  I think stepping back away from a door is very good manners especially if expecting a female to open it.

JMO

very well stated

i agree Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #688 on: June 09, 2007, 11:20:34 PM »

Lalas - I thought you were going to start the tango.

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #689 on: June 09, 2007, 11:21:04 PM »

Klaas - I do hope you are feeling better.  That is scary to think you have been ingesting that tainted meat over a period of time.
Have you been eating yoghurt with the acidophillus?  That may help settle your tummy and could even fight the bacteria, if there is any left.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #690 on: June 09, 2007, 11:21:30 PM »

9. Name: Simian | E-mail: xx | IP: xx
The Simian thinks ydave is way off. The Simian is a relayer. The Simian belongs to an Aruban society much like “Skull & Bones”.
The Simian just wants that everybody knows what is not said in the American Media.
Posted Jun 30, 3:20 PM

In case some of the monkeys haven't ventured into the thread with the real Simian posts, I thought I would bring some of them over here.  This is one post that I have never seen before now.  It is not in the compete Simian/Shango posts.  According to Klaas, this is the real Simian...so my question is what is he saying?  There really is a secret society we have all speculated existed?  Thinking out loud, here.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #691 on: June 09, 2007, 11:22:48 PM »

I know. I'm disappointed in it. I looked at it several times today, and it looked like the camera angle kept changing, but there was nothing to be seen but dirt. I guess if I want to see the wolf pups, I'm gonna have to drive out to the nature center.  Sad

By the way it is worded on their site it looks like you can only view them through a camera there as well.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #692 on: June 09, 2007, 11:22:53 PM »

Would someone please translate this for me?  TIA

Name: Simian | E-mail: xx | IP: xx
Linkeloetje, wat voor een soort banale commentaar was dat nou. Het systeem op Aruba is een koninklijke aanegelegenheid. Nou, als je heel even naar de namen kijkt van de mensen in de top van de Arubaanse Openbare Ministerie dan zie je gewoon Nederlanders. Steen echte Nederlanders. Dus ineens zou jij zo graag willen discrimineren on Arubanen an Surinamers “langzaam” te noemen. I k had anders van jou verwacht. Het ging zo goed met je bijdragen.
Posted Jun 30, 3:29 PM
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: June 09, 2007, 11:24:05 PM »

By the way it is worded on their site it looks like you can only view them through a camera there as well.

I think the webcam only became operational today, so maybe they'll adjust it where it actually points toward the wolves.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: June 09, 2007, 11:24:44 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
The Simian thinks ydave is way off. The Simian is a relayer. The Simian belongs to an Aruban society much like “Skull & Bones”.
The Simian just wants that everybody knows what is not said in the American Media.

In case some of the monkeys haven't ventured into the thread with the real Simian posts, I thought I would bring some of them over here.  This is one post that I have never seen before now.  It is not in the compete Simian/Shango posts.  According to Klaas, this is the real Simian...so my question is what is he saying?  There really is a secret society we have all speculated existed?  Thinking out loud, here.

I don't remember reading that before either, Lalas.

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #695 on: June 09, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »

Name: Simian | E-mail: xx | IP: xx
Annamaria, the Simian really does not understand the e-mail routine. The Simian has been in a fox-hole for a couple of days. The doppelganger was very fastidious.
The Simian is for real. The Simian doesn’t have much respect for Shango.
Listen to the Simian when he says that the federales are looking at the many forked tongues that live where the Yellowhammer calls home.
PS it is 149. Ivy cualified.
Posted Jun 30, 3:36 PM

Seems to me that Simian was not only complaining about Shango...whom he obviously knew...and at the same time is complaining about "forked tongues" in Alabama.  What was happening at this time that would have precipitated this response?  Keep in mind that we are assuming Simian to be ALE.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: June 09, 2007, 11:27:54 PM »

This is one I missed Lala's.  Could this be the reference where they jumped on the Masonic Lodge as being involved.  I have already said my piece about involving the Lodge so will not start on that again today.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #697 on: June 09, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »

There are several things that the real Simian said that I have never read before.  I wonder why these were left out of the originals?  Makes me wonder now how much Shango is missing also.  I also wish I knew which Shango were the real Shango and which verses were fake or not the original poster known as Shango.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: June 09, 2007, 11:29:14 PM »

Hmmm that is interesting. Have never read it. I am not sure whether to think he is saying there is a formal society in Aruba like "Skull and Bones", or maybe a society that exists among the Babylonians and Arawaks as he mentions in his writing?

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #699 on: June 09, 2007, 11:30:12 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"

Lexie, do you think he was paid off and that's why he was pushing so hard for her?

I cannot imagine anyone thinking a payoff would not be discovered in a high profile case like this.  Maybe I am naive.  There were reports early on that he was concerned about security and photos (even by some of jail staff).  Maybe he felt as a "low level" threat, she was more trouble than it was worth.  I think he was sucked into the "medical issues" explanation, and maybe felt it was a good way to resolve the problems for everyone.  Having worked with mental health patients, the "serious problems" did not seem believable to me, given her interviews at MTV the night before she went in. Then, today, she is again in control??? Nah, I don't buy it.  I think she tried tantrums and the judge saw throught it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.