April 28, 2024, 01:14:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #637 6/8 - 6/10/2007  (Read 157990 times)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: June 10, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
GOODNIGHT ALL!

Night!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #801 on: June 10, 2007, 04:55:20 AM »

Okay, what's this?

Did Secrets Screw Phil Spector?!

Posted Jun 10th 2007 2:56AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice
Secrets Can Be MurderPhil Spector had 'em. So did Scott Peterson and Natalee Holloway. In fact, some of the most sensational trials of the last several years can usually be traced back to one thing: secrets!

"We have secrets and we have the same secrets that criminals have," says Jane Velez-Mitchell, author of the new book "Secrets Can Be Murder." Jane tells TMZ, "Sometimes the only difference between a criminal and a law-abiding citizen is that somebody found out the criminal's secret."

In the book, Velez-Mitchell looks at cases of the likes of Spector, Holloway and Peterson -- and the secrets that made these stories so sensational. And Velez-Mitchell says there is an easy way to avoid having your secrets blow up in your face: "Honestly is always an option, even when you don't think it is." See, your mom was right!

Secrets Can Be Murder is available now. Jane will be signing copies of her book at Book Soup in West Hollywood on June 14 at 7:00 PM
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: June 10, 2007, 04:57:04 AM »

Looks like Dennis Jacobs took some time off from eating his frosted flakes to observe some police work. Dont read PApi but it looks like a domestic dispute or assault. You dont see this fat POS often so I thought I would post this from the front page of bondia.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: June 10, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »

More on this ... From Amazon.com:

Book Description
Respected television news journalist Jane Velez-Mitchell asks a probing, disturbing question: Are killers like Scott Peterson and Andrea Yates all that different from the rest of us?

What kind of monster would do this? When journalists break the story of a child who's been kidnapped, a young woman who's been brutally raped, or a family who's been slaughtered, that's the question most of us ask. Secrets Can Be Murder exposes the hidden motivations behind the most sinister acts of recent times, with a behind-closed-doors look at these sensational crimes that will astound you.

After weighing in on high-profile cases for CNN, Fox News, Court TV, and MSNBC, author Jane Velez-Mitchell helps us understand these infamous crimes by unmasking the deceptions that turned toxic, exploding in rage and violence.

People lie every day to protect secrets, big and small. From desperate Hollywood personalities covering up their eccentric lifestyles to Bible Belt mothers who take the lives of their own children, Secrets Can Be Murder probes twenty-one separate cases. Each illustrates how leading a double life can land you in prison, and how failing to spot liars can get you killed.

Secrets Can Be Murder offers the inside story on each horrific case, unlocking the jaw-dropping secrets of the accused and revealing the common, innocent mistakes of the victims. After all, many of us have gone out alone late at night like Imette St. Guillen, or partied while on vacation like George Smith and Natalee Holloway.

From Dan Horowitz, the high-profile lawyer whose wife was brutally murdered by a teenage neighbor while Horowitz was defending a housewife accused of murder, to Neil Entwistle, the British husband who ran out of funds for an extravagant American lifestyle, Velez-Mitchell shows how each of these crimes has its own secrets to spill.

Many of us possess the same trusting nature as victims and carry around the same secrets as criminals -- whether it's debt, infidelity, or fetishes. With fascinating new insights from investigators and psychologists plus the friends and family of both the victims and the perpetrators, Secrets Can Be Murder illustrates just how little separates our so-called normal lives from that of a sociopath -- and how you can stay out of harm's way.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: June 10, 2007, 07:02:26 AM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
More on this ... From Amazon.com:

Book Description
Respected television news journalist Jane Velez-Mitchell asks a probing, disturbing question: Are killers like Scott Peterson and Andrea Yates all that different from the rest of us?

What kind of monster would do this? When journalists break the story of a child who's been kidnapped, a young woman who's been brutally raped, or a family who's been slaughtered, that's the question most of us ask. Secrets Can Be Murder exposes the hidden motivations behind the most sinister acts of recent times, with a behind-closed-doors look at these sensational crimes that will astound you.

After weighing in on high-profile cases for CNN, Fox News, Court TV, and MSNBC, author Jane Velez-Mitchell helps us understand these infamous crimes by unmasking the deceptions that turned toxic, exploding in rage and violence.

People lie every day to protect secrets, big and small. From desperate Hollywood personalities covering up their eccentric lifestyles to Bible Belt mothers who take the lives of their own children, Secrets Can Be Murder probes twenty-one separate cases. Each illustrates how leading a double life can land you in prison, and how failing to spot liars can get you killed.

Secrets Can Be Murder offers the inside story on each horrific case, unlocking the jaw-dropping secrets of the accused and revealing the common, innocent mistakes of the victims. After all, many of us have gone out alone late at night like Imette St. Guillen, or partied while on vacation like George Smith and Natalee Holloway.

From Dan Horowitz, the high-profile lawyer whose wife was brutally murdered by a teenage neighbor while Horowitz was defending a housewife accused of murder, to Neil Entwistle, the British husband who ran out of funds for an extravagant American lifestyle, Velez-Mitchell shows how each of these crimes has its own secrets to spill.

Many of us possess the same trusting nature as victims and carry around the same secrets as criminals -- whether it's debt, infidelity, or fetishes. With fascinating new insights from investigators and psychologists plus the friends and family of both the victims and the perpetrators, Secrets Can Be Murder illustrates just how little separates our so-called normal lives from that of a sociopath -- and how you can stay out of harm's way.

THE BIG SECRET  Busted they all lied

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: June 10, 2007, 07:04:04 AM »

Quote from: "*******"
Looks like Dennis Jacobs took some time off from eating his frosted flakes to observe some police work. Dont read PApi but it looks like a domestic dispute or assault. You dont see this fat POS often so I thought I would post this from the front page of bondia.

It amazes me this guy is a cop looks like he cant find his way out of a donut shop  Shocked

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: June 10, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »

Quote from: "*******"
I never got into the shango/simian stuff much. But I ran into this site recently..Interest to read..

http://www.mcharvey.com/shango/shango.html

Yeah I get lost with some of it, But I love the therory of it and I JUST love
it when Lala Mom Tango's away

AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #807 on: June 10, 2007, 07:07:39 AM »

Hi Monkeys...

The weirdest thing that happened to me while being on this forum was the night of the Great Monkey Site Meltdown.  A poster named Ringo told me the story of Dave meeting the mysterious man who asked Dave if he liked to go fishing (the implication being that Nat was in the sea).  This poster never had conversed with me before...and threatened that I should not tell anyone this story or bad things would happen.  And the telling of this story to me by Ringo was many, many months in advance of Dave's book being published.

Klaas - Do you know the date of the Monkey site meltdown?  And do we know the date of Dave's encounter with this guy from his book?  We've probably lost the records that could tell us from where Ringo was posting?  I wonder who Ringo was?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: June 10, 2007, 07:10:20 AM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to Mr. Toothbrush.
Happy birthday to you.

Now everyone sing it again... Very Happy

Happy Birthday.. errrrrrrrrrr brushing to youuuuuuuuu

OMG that looks like one of my family members  Laughing  ( My nick name is Mama_Mouse it is even painted on my car  Wink

Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: June 10, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

Well since I just got my butt home from work not long ago
I best go to bed so I can read along tomorrow..
Someone have the coffee on please

Night or morning for some of you, Dont go to fast takes me forever
to catch up reading Laughing

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: June 10, 2007, 08:28:38 AM »

There are several types of buddistis,and not all wear black robes
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: June 10, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »

Anything new going on this morning?
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: June 10, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
Hi Monkeys...

The weirdest thing that happened to me while being on this forum was the night of the Great Monkey Site Meltdown.  A poster named Ringo told me the story of Dave meeting the mysterious man who asked Dave if he liked to go fishing (the implication being that Nat was in the sea).  This poster never had conversed with me before...and threatened that I should not tell anyone this story or bad things would happen.  And the telling of this story to me by Ringo was many, many months in advance of Dave's book being published.

Klaas - Do you know the date of the Monkey site meltdown?  And do we know the date of Dave's encounter with this guy from his book?  We've probably lost the records that could tell us from where Ringo was posting?  I wonder who Ringo was?

Annie...I know that feeling....earlier, before the forum was closed, reading some posts would scare me so much that I would close my computer until day light....lol.  I think Klaas could probably tell you who Ringo is/was.... Wink

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: June 10, 2007, 08:55:29 AM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
Okay, what's this?

Did Secrets Screw Phil Spector?!

Posted Jun 10th 2007 2:56AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice
Secrets Can Be MurderPhil Spector had 'em. So did Scott Peterson and Natalee Holloway. In fact, some of the most sensational trials of the last several years can usually be traced back to one thing: secrets!

"We have secrets and we have the same secrets that criminals have," says Jane Velez-Mitchell, author of the new book "Secrets Can Be Murder." Jane tells TMZ, "Sometimes the only difference between a criminal and a law-abiding citizen is that somebody found out the criminal's secret."

In the book, Velez-Mitchell looks at cases of the likes of Spector, Holloway and Peterson -- and the secrets that made these stories so sensational. And Velez-Mitchell says there is an easy way to avoid having your secrets blow up in your face: "Honestly is always an option, even when you don't think it is." See, your mom was right!

Secrets Can Be Murder is available now. Jane will be signing copies of her book at Book Soup in West Hollywood on June 14 at 7:00 PM

Amazon says it is Jane Velez-Mitchell and Nancy Grace....!!!

Good morning monkeys...!   Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: June 10, 2007, 09:05:43 AM »

After reading around this morning,
I just must comment to Glenda and her worshippers at RU.

The island must truly attract the lyers and narcissists.  I am sure Dr. Phil will not call you to testify, even though we all know, you are the only one that knows the inside story  Rolling Eyes .  And I would bet, he won't be quoting any Aruba Today "tweaked" articles.

If you think that this huge corporation does not have every paper, good and/or bad, from third parties, you have been on the island too long!!

They are entitled to every shred of evidence that might have "destroyed" Deepak's life, BEFORE the, almost one billion dollar, save our family,  T.V.show aired.

You are dreaming if you think they have not read FBI and NFI reports...and many other expert opinions.

Quote from Julia Renfro (Glenda):
But... Dr. Phil doesn't have the report from the NFI or the FBI, nor did he try real hard to get them as they wouldn't help his case.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: June 10, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »

An old ex-American that lives in Aruba and has a fantasy that he is still a tough guy, made the following post on another board.  It has me scratching my head.

"Easy / fecalmatter your grandiose threats against AC & Moon was just the spark I needed to keep following the blogs, your mistake, I was on my way out the door."

Is he threatening me?

Is he threatening to continue interfering with an investigation in Aruba?

Or, is he threatening everyone that reads blogs with the prospect of being bored to death?
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: June 10, 2007, 09:29:26 AM »

One more morning reading.  Jon/Shizaru has posted a new timeline at scrux (nothing new).  Interesting followup post from Jonathon (I have no idea who that is:

Jonathan45

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: the timeline stories  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is only one story in this timeline that is putting the [missing] pieces [the [un]known facts] together. That [first] story forced the investigators to search [forensic] the VDSresidence some time ago.
The statements [lies] of the Kalpoe brothers, Joran and the [I don't remember] statement of Paulus van der Sloot show how this [hidden] story slowly vanished after tuesday may 31 2005, the night Natalee's mother showed up at the gate of the VDS home where she met three of the [main]suspects in this unsolved crime.

The beachstory has been eliminated.
The VDSresidence is considered to be the crimescene.

The cellphone of Anita has been used, while she stayed in Holland.
3.07am Valentijn - [family]computer.
Police assumes Paulus went out. Joran was already outside, so the boy was alone for some time.

Note:  I'm not registered at these sites.  I think that messes up the posting time.  Might be the same problem with some of the Shango/Simian posts.  Can some of the times be messed up??
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: June 10, 2007, 09:33:42 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
An old ex-American that lives in Aruba and has a fantasy that he is still a tough guy, made the following post on another board.  It has me scratching my head.

"Easy / fecalmatter your grandiose threats against AC & Moon was just the spark I needed to keep following the blogs, your mistake, I was on my way out the door."

Is he threatening me?

Or, is he threatening everyone that reads blogs with the prospect of being bored to death?

I think it was a compliment.  Your postings were inspirational enough to rekindle his interest.  Wink
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: June 10, 2007, 09:47:18 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Quote from: "Easywriter"

Is he threatening me?

I think it was a compliment.  Your postings were inspirational enough to rekindle his interest.  Wink

LOL  I'm glad I could provide him with some inspiration.

I never have understood why some of the Americans living in Aruba have always been some of the most "vocal" on the internet with regard to this case.  They don’t want anyone rocking the boat, do they?  And, they are all linked to tourism in one way or another.  Looks they would have been promoting the good things about the island instead of making it look like a vast mental wasteland.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: June 10, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »

Easy

My guess is that there was disenchantment with America BEFORE they moved to the island.  They never recovered from their 60s anti establishment phase.  They moved to "the easy" island, grew up a little, finally embraced the capitalism ideal, began to invest and profit and establish new family ties (with members that thought they were smarter than the average 6th grade educated islander.  Now, the original bad Americans, are moving to take them down, along with their riches.  IMO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.