April 27, 2024, 01:43:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #637 6/8 - 6/10/2007  (Read 157948 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: June 10, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "lexie"
OT-

Paris has hung the Sheriff out to dry.  After he went on tv, criticizing the judge, talking about how SICK she was and how many problems she had...

This afternoon Paris released a statement that she had consulted with her doctors and will not be filing an appeal... She says she has learned a "bitter" lesson.  GMAB

Yesterday she was "teetering" and "despondent", and now she is waxing philosophical about the media paying too much attention to her when they should be talking about troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Did not know she could even spell Afghanistan!!!
 Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Lexie, do you think he was paid off and that's why he was pushing so hard for her?

My guess would be that Sheriff Baca was under a great deal of pressure from the Hilton attorneys and parents.

My guess would be that Sheriff Baca was paid off from the Hilton attorneys and parents.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: June 10, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Easy

My guess is that there was disenchantment with America BEFORE they moved to the island.  They never recovered from their 60s anti establishment phase.  They moved to "the easy" island, grew up a little, finally embraced the capitalism ideal, began to invest and profit and establish new family ties (with members that thought they were smarter than the average 6th grade educated islander.  Now, the original bad Americans, are moving to take them down, along with their riches.  IMO

I think that is a pretty good analysis.  Some of them probably vacationed there and then made the move with hopes of living the carefree island life.  Made a few bucks off of the tourist and got sucked into the love/hate attitude prevalent on the island.  They sure do make that island look bad to the average person.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: June 10, 2007, 10:09:21 AM »

Dumb rich americans.They want what we give them,so we get what we want from them.If we cut out using the drugs,their economies would fold,so maybe we should.Lets also boycot drugs.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: June 10, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »

Quote from: "Tiger"
Dumb rich americans.They want what we give them,so we get what we want from them.If we cut out using the drugs,their economies would fold,so maybe we should.Lets also boycot drugs.

Drugs is probably another thing that attracted some of them to the island.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #824 on: June 10, 2007, 10:17:56 AM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
Okay, what's this?

Did Secrets Screw Phil Spector?!

Posted Jun 10th 2007 2:56AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice
Secrets Can Be MurderPhil Spector had 'em. So did Scott Peterson and Natalee Holloway. In fact, some of the most sensational trials of the last several years can usually be traced back to one thing: secrets!

"We have secrets and we have the same secrets that criminals have," says Jane Velez-Mitchell, author of the new book "Secrets Can Be Murder." Jane tells TMZ, "Sometimes the only difference between a criminal and a law-abiding citizen is that somebody found out the criminal's secret."

In the book, Velez-Mitchell looks at cases of the likes of Spector, Holloway and Peterson -- and the secrets that made these stories so sensational. And Velez-Mitchell says there is an easy way to avoid having your secrets blow up in your face: "Honestly is always an option, even when you don't think it is." See, your mom was right!

Secrets Can Be Murder is available now. Jane will be signing copies of her book at Book Soup in West Hollywood on June 14 at 7:00 PM

I agree that honesty is always an option, but my mama didn't teach me that, didn't even learn that, doesn't believe in it.   Mad  But it does sound like a good book that will analyze some high profile cases and question some moral, ethical and life issues.  We tend to rationalize our dishonesty.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #825 on: June 10, 2007, 10:18:31 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

Yep, part of the 60s culture.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #826 on: June 10, 2007, 10:20:21 AM »

This is about as true as it gets!  Let's not forget legal drugs that are abused by the likes of Paris and Anna.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: June 10, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »

Can someone take all of the Shango and/or Simian stuff, put it together and tell us something?  A story, anything?

All I have ever really seen is some random thoughts "interpreted"

Can someone put it all together and show us what the story is or what they were trying to tell us?

thanks.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: June 10, 2007, 10:26:38 AM »

Just what are we supposed to eat these days?  Lettuce, spinach, peanut butter, chicken and beef all have problems.  Can’t even eat pet food these days!   Shocked
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2007, 10:32:30 AM »

Yep, part of the 60s culture.

It is definitely a curiosity.  One of the ex-pat’s has connections to a bar close to the HI and mentioned in Joran's book as THE place to score drugs.  Yet, this person defends everything Aruban and says nothing about that sort of thing going on right under his nose.  I’m not sure what that means, but it sure seems kinda strange to me.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »

Just what are we supposed to eat these days?  Lettuce, spinach, peanut butter, chicken and beef all have problems.  Can’t even eat pet food these days!   Shocked

its a good time to take up hunting/farming/fishing etc - feed yourself as much as possible and quit depending on these jerks to do it for you.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: June 10, 2007, 10:39:11 AM »

Morning everyone. I'm about to go outside and water plants AGAIN, but I was reading back and noticed the discussion on Buddhism. Coincidentally, I've been reading a book on Zen Buddhism recently, and the principles of Buddhism are not that different from Christianity. I'm not planning to be Buddhist, you understand, but I do like some of the applications of Zen Buddhism to daily life, where people live very simply. Anyway, below are some of the major principles of Buddhism, and I think you'll find they sound familiar. While I do think Anita is a bad person, I don't think she's a bad person because she's interested in Buddhism. I don't even think the Buddha sitting out in her garden means much. I'm thinking of making myself a Japanese garden, and if I do, I'll probably have a little Buddha sitting out in mine too.

The five precepts are not given in the form of commands such as "thou shalt not ...", but are training rules in order to live a better life in which one is happy, without worries, and can meditate well.

1. To refrain from taking life. (i.e. non-violence towards sentient life forms)
2. To refrain from taking that which is not given (i.e. not committing theft)
3. To refrain from sensual misconduct (abstinence from immoral sexual behavior)
4. To refrain from lying. (i.e. speaking truth always)
5. To refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness (refrain from using drugs or alcohol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

P.S. Maybe Anita should have introduced Joran to Buddhism at an early age.  Rolling Eyes

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: June 10, 2007, 10:40:52 AM »

Quote from: "blah"

its a good time to take up hunting/farming/fishing etc - feed yourself as much as possible and quit depending on these jerks to do it for you.

Yep, back to nature and a self-supported lifestyle!  But the fish might kill ya with mercury, wild game might have cooties and if a dog poops in your garden you might be in trouble!   Shocked
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #833 on: June 10, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »

Quote from Julia Renfro (Glenda):
But... Dr. Phil doesn't have the report from the NFI or the FBI

WANNA BET?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »

Yep, back to nature and a self-supported lifestyle!  But the fish might kill ya with mercury, wild game might have cooties and if a dog poops in your garden you might be in trouble!   Shocked

Rut-roh. I have two dogs pooping in my yard on a regular basis.  Shocked

I've tried to get them to use the commode, but they won't cooperate.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: June 10, 2007, 10:45:01 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Morning everyone. I'm about to go outside and water plants AGAIN, but I was reading back and noticed the discussion on Buddhism. Coincidentally, I've been reading a book on Zen Buddhism recently, and the principles of Buddhism are not that different from Christianity. I'm not planning to be Buddhist, you understand, but I do like some of the applications of Zen Buddhism to daily life, where people live very simply. Anyway, below are some of the major principles of Buddhism, and I think you'll find they sound familiar. While I do think Anita is a bad person, I don't think she's a bad person because she's interested in Buddhism. I don't even think the Buddha sitting out in her garden means much. I'm thinking of making myself a Japanese garden, and if I do, I'll probably have a little Buddha sitting out in mine too.

The five precepts are not given in the form of commands such as "thou shalt not ...", but are training rules in order to live a better life in which one is happy, without worries, and can meditate well.

1. To refrain from taking life. (i.e. non-violence towards sentient life forms)
2. To refrain from taking that which is not given (i.e. not committing theft)
3. To refrain from sensual misconduct (abstinence from immoral sexual behavior)
4. To refrain from lying. (i.e. speaking truth always)
5. To refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness (refrain from using drugs or alcohol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

P.S. Maybe Anita should have introduced Joran to Buddhism at an early age.  Rolling Eyes

SO Joran has broken every rule so far
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2007, 10:45:16 AM »

Can someone take all of the Shango and/or Simian stuff, put it together and tell us something?  A story, anything?

All I have ever really seen is some random thoughts "interpreted"

Can someone put it all together and show us what the story is or what they were trying to tell us?

thanks.

Well blah, if only it were that simple.  I have read and re-read all of those posts and the fact of the matter is you would have to decide which one, Simian or Shango, you believe.  These two did not agree on much.

Shango, imo, was posting from some political or economic motive.  He was not on the island, he was in the US. He posted as though his information was made available to him from some "higher power"

Simian, on the other hand, was on the island and he didn't pretend his info came from "other world" source.  Based on the spreadsheet Grande provided and comparing some of the documented statements made by the witnesses and suspects it appears that Simian was connected to the investigation.  The most that we could get from what he was comfortable posting is a better understanding of how the investigation was moving.

Will these posts provide"The Answer"?  Who knows?  A mystery remains a mystery until it is solved.  Once solved, looking back and finding the answers is always easier to do.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: June 10, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »

Your Right!

We should probably play it safe and just quit eating all together!
 Laughing
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: June 10, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Rut-roh. I have two dogs pooping in my yard on a regular basis.  Shocked

I've tried to get them to use the commode, but they won't cooperate.  Laughing

Razz
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: June 10, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »

Your Right!

We should probably play it safe and just quit eating all together!
 Laughing

I think pizza is still safe!   Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.