April 27, 2024, 12:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #637 6/8 - 6/10/2007  (Read 157945 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #860 on: June 10, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Red

I left a comment as well.

That sounds as if I was being a good doggie and asking for a pat on the head.  Laughing

I just meant that Red should look for it and see if it came through. Smile

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #861 on: June 10, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »

I tried
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: June 10, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I tried

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: June 10, 2007, 11:42:22 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Morning everyone. I'm about to go outside and water plants AGAIN, but I was reading back and noticed the discussion on Buddhism. Coincidentally, I've been reading a book on Zen Buddhism recently, and the principles of Buddhism are not that different from Christianity. I'm not planning to be Buddhist, you understand, but I do like some of the applications of Zen Buddhism to daily life, where people live very simply. Anyway, below are some of the major principles of Buddhism, and I think you'll find they sound familiar. While I do think Anita is a bad person, I don't think she's a bad person because she's interested in Buddhism. I don't even think the Buddha sitting out in her garden means much. I'm thinking of making myself a Japanese garden, and if I do, I'll probably have a little Buddha sitting out in mine too.

The five precepts are not given in the form of commands such as "thou shalt not ...", but are training rules in order to live a better life in which one is happy, without worries, and can meditate well.

1. To refrain from taking life. (i.e. non-violence towards sentient life forms)
2. To refrain from taking that which is not given (i.e. not committing theft)
3. To refrain from sensual misconduct (abstinence from immoral sexual behavior)
4. To refrain from lying. (i.e. speaking truth always)
5. To refrain from intoxicants which lead to loss of mindfulness (refrain from using drugs or alcohol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

P.S. Maybe Anita should have introduced Joran to Buddhism at an early age.  Rolling Eyes

There's a little book called The Parallel Sayings of Jesus and Buddha that you may want to check out.  It's several years old, so it won't be front and center at the bookstore.

The principles found in God Word (The Holy Bible) do mirror many of the principles that adherences of many religions embrace.  If all people lived by these principles ... our short lifetime on earth would definitely be for the better.

However ... we must not lose sight that God's Word (The Holy Bible) does offer us even a greater hope ... an offer I have personally accepted ... eternal life.

Have a good day Monkeys.  Justice for Natalee!

Janet

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #864 on: June 10, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

I tried

Thanks!  That deserves a pat on the head! lol

Does your hubby feel any older today?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #865 on: June 10, 2007, 11:43:39 AM »

They had a CNN report on recently about the spinach in CA.
While they were filming, some cows could be seen in the next field.
One of them was a guilty  Embarassed  Idea cow I guess.
But how stupid is that ?
There were plastic fences up and if a renegade cow wandered over there, they would know. But it still happened.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #866 on: June 10, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »

Since it's a little slow, I'd like to ask the monkeys something. Don't y'all think we should be finding Easywriter a good wife who is worthy of someone of his great kindness, not to mention his literary skills?

I'm willing to form a search committee, but he won't give me a list of his requirements. Nonetheless, y'all can help me compile a description of his good points. And hey - if he starts his collection to Buy Mike A New Truck, we can add that truck to the description!  Razz

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #867 on: June 10, 2007, 11:46:56 AM »

I tried

Thanks!  That deserves a pat on the head! lol

Does your hubby feel any older today?

I don't know about older, but he feels full of bacon. I sneaked out of the house early this morning while he was still asleep and went and bought bacon so that he could have the birthday breakfast of eggs and bacon that he told me last night at midnight that he wanted this morning.  Laughing  Rolling Eyes

I Stand With The Girl
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #868 on: June 10, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »

Since it's a little slow, I'd like to ask the monkeys something. Don't y'all think we should be finding Easywriter a good wife who is worthy of someone of his great kindness, not to mention his literary skills?

I'm willing to form a search committee, but he won't give me a list of his requirements. Nonetheless, y'all can help me compile a description of his good points. And hey - if he starts his collection to Buy Mike A New Truck, we can add that truck to the description!  Razz

Razz  LOL  Razz
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: June 10, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
They had a CNN report on recently about the spinach in CA.
While they were filming, some cows could be seen in the next field.
One of them was a guilty  Embarassed  Idea cow I guess.
But how stupid is that ?
There were plastic fences up and if a renegade cow wandered over there, they would know. But it still happened.

I guess the moral of this story is that cows cannot be trusted. Be warned Americans!  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: June 10, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »

#1 trait = Caring

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #871 on: June 10, 2007, 11:48:31 AM »

Razz  LOL  Razz

I'm just looking out for your best interests, you know.  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #872 on: June 10, 2007, 11:50:45 AM »

Kat, I made creamed spinach last night and  you know what? I used to love spinach but I find myself afraid to eat it, I had a bite and tossed it out  Embarassed

BTGirl I'm glad Easy has such a fine matchmaker  Laughing you are brave for I've tried doing that for friends and it never works out  Laughing

hmm Easy is:

- dynamic
- curious about the world
- full of mirth
- great smile
- generous heart
- intelligent

Wink

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: June 10, 2007, 11:52:13 AM »

Empathy.
A fun guy. Hey, that is important..
Intelligent.
Well read.
Imagination.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:16 AM »

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »

BT tell hubby we wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!

hey I thought brits eat sausages for breakfast?  Laughing that's all I could ever find over there, Germany too !

Kat_gram I'm still laughing at your use of "renegade cow"  Laughing

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »

Enough about me!   Cool

BT just wants me to be nagged by proxy. lol
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #877 on: June 10, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »

Quote from: "San"

Laughing  Laughing morning my precious little pacifist San  Laughing  Laughing

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #878 on: June 10, 2007, 11:56:30 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
BT tell hubby we wish him a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!

hey I thought brits eat sausages for breakfast?  Laughing that's all I could ever find over there, Germany too !

Kat_gram I'm still laughing at your use of "renegade cow"  Laughing

Well, I looked at the cow and its eyes told me IT WAS ME .. it just had that LOOK of guilt.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: June 10, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »

I've never watched a single episode of the Sopranos, but they sure are making a big deal out of the final show tonight.  Will the main character get whacked?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.