March 28, 2024, 10:57:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Kara Kopetsky msg 5-4-07 Belton, MO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 94364 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 08, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »

Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Where is Kara Kopetsky?

Belton police are looking for Kara Kopetsky, 17, a Belton High student who went missing late last week. She is 5 feet 5 or 5 feet 6 and 115 to 125 pounds with light, almost blond hair and hazel eyes. Anyone with information is asked to call the police at 331-1500, ext. 232, or the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS (474-8477).

UPDATED: I talked with Capt. Don Spears at Belton PD, and they have no reason to believe Kopetsky's a victim of foul play. Still, they're classifying her case as "endangered-missing" because nobody's had any contact with her since last week. (Her cell's been shut off.) Police say it's possible she's on her way to visit a friend in St. Louis, but they qualify that with a very big MIGHT.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:24:35 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:41:21 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/findkarakopetsky

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:45:45 PM »

Hmmm

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »

Possible Link in Missing Person Case to Murder Suspect    
BELTON, Mo. -- Police are checking to see whether the suspect in the murder of a Kansas teen-ager last weekend may also have been involved in the disappearance of a girl in Missouri.

Twenty-six-year-old Edwin Hall is charged in the murder of 18-year-old Kelsey Smith. She was abducted from a store parking lot in Overland Park, Kansas, last Saturday and her body was found three days later in a wooded area across the border in Missouri. In nearby Belton, Missouri, police have been looking for 17-year-old Kara Kopetsky, who was last seen May Fourth at school.

Belton detectives are now working with investigators in the Smith case and have searched the suspect's home for evidence. They're also considering another search of the woods where Smith's body was found. It's about six miles from Kopetsky's house and her parents feared the worst until the body was ID'd as Smith.

They don't think Kopetsky ran away. No calls have been placed from her cell phone and her bank account hasn't been touched.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Updated: June 9, 2007, 10:54 am

http://www.kttc.com/News/index.php?ID=15821

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »

Morning Monkeys!  Well here is a link I found through a Kelsey Smith story;

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/148059.html

I really hope they find this young girl alive.  But if there is truly a link to that Edwin nut.  I would think it will not be a good outcome.  I do hope I am wrong. Sad

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 09:31:34 AM »

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=45643

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 10:56:50 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.  There is now a link for a petition for Kara.  It seems the family and friends believe the LE of Belton really did not handle things too great from the start.  Their concerns are (rightfully so) since this woman has now appeared saying that she had unfortunately encoutered Edwin Hall a month earlier.  The fact that it was broad daylight and that he was near a school.  The fact that Kara's debit card was still in her locker and she would need it (if in fact she was a runaway).  

Please help them out and sign the petition!!!

http://community.myfoxkc.com/blogs/njgene/2007/06/14/Kara_Kopetsky

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 02:29:49 PM »

See monkeys - I don't know - it was reported !!! That she was seen in Kansas in the company of a young man (hopefully not Edwin but it sure looks like him) and WHAT pretell are they doing about it???

Please sign the petition in the link I've posted above.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 11:08:51 AM »

No new updates on this young girl!!!

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=45643

But at least they put her videos/pictures on You Tube.... the more people who know or see something - the better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GJeydku3Cg

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »

I guess nothing new here yet? Where is this girl?
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
I guess nothing new here yet? Where is this girl?

Elaine I have been wondering the same things myself.  And I also have been wondering if they have (LE) has really been questioning Edwin Hall about this.  Especially since it was not far at all.  Totally plausable that he had something to do with this.  

I just do not understand how some cases just go by the way side.  Crying or Very sad

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »

maybe her family feels she is a runaway and wit the possible sightings in Kansas, they are satisfied with that.....I don't know really, It is sad.

Maine, born and raised!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »

Activities benefit Kara Kopetsky’s family

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/208822.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

I am extremely happy to hear that this community is doing something for this young woman.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=556b6a22-dd3b-48d9-8f3d-b35c704a0131&rss=764

BELTON, Mo. – Sunday marked a bitter anniversary for the parents of Kara Kopetsky.

May 4 was the last time anyone has seen the Belton teen. Video caught the 17-year-old at Belton High School moments before she vanished six months ago Sunday.

But no matter how much time passes, her parents refuse to give up hope.

Family and friends gathered Sunday at Wallace Park for a prayer power hour.

Kopetsky's mother and stepfather, Rhonda and Jim Beckford, say this has been one of the hardest weeks of their lives.

"There's just a lot of pain and hurt in our family," said Jim Beckford.

The Beckfords say it is faith  that keeps them optimistic as each day passes.

Rhonda says when Kara does come home, she'll be happy to find her room exactly the way she left it.

"I can't even bring myself to do her laundry," she says.  "When she comes back, I'm going to be like 'you've got all that laundry to do.'"

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2007/11/where-is-kara-1.html
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Six Months Later: Where is Kara Kopetsky?
From Kevin Hoffmann's report:

A group supporting the family of missing teenager Kara Kopetsky is inviting the public to a prayer vigil today (SUNDAY) in Belton.

Two pastors from New Horizons Nazarene Church will lead the Kara Kopetsky Prayer Power Hour starting at 4 p.m. in Wallace Park, 16400 N. Mullen Road.

It was six months ago today that Kopetsky, 17, was last seen walking out of Belton High School. Police said they get occasional calls reporting information on her disappearance, but none of the leads has panned out.

Posted by James Hart on Sunday, November 04, 2007 at 12:37 AM in Missing persons | Permalink

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »

Kara's last photo and photo of Kara's mom and step-dad...he is kinda freaky looking 
Kinda looks like one of the suspect photos only w/ blonde hair... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »

http://www.stltoday.com/

Racing team publicizes search for the missing
By Riddhi Trivedi-St. Clair
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
04/06/2008

WARRENTON — Next month it will be a year since Kara Kopetsky, then 17, was reported missing from her high school in Belton, Mo., near Kansas City.

Her mother, Rhonda Beckford, has not given up hope of finding Kara.

So when the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation contacted her earlier this week about putting Kara's picture on one of the Team Hornbeck Racing cars, Beckford jumped at the chance.

"It's all about creating awareness and getting the word out," Beckford said Saturday at the annual Warrenton Home and Garden Show, where Team Hornbeck debuted six cars for this year's dirt track season.

The team is a partnership of race car drivers that helps support the foundation's mission through financial support and by featuring photographs of missing children on its cars.

The foundation was formed by Shawn's family after he was reported missing in October 2002. Shawn was found in January 2007— along with William "Ben" Ownby of Beaufort, Mo. — in the Kirkwood apartment of their abductor, Michael Devlin.

Photographs of 30 missing Missouri children will be rotated throughout the season.

The team was founded last year and had three cars featuring photos of missing children. This year, said Craig Akers, Shawn's stepfather, they wanted to have a driver in every category: This season's first race was to be held Saturday night at the Montgomery County Speedway in New Florence, Mo., but was canceled because of weather.

Races are held every Saturday through September.

Ideally they would like to find all of the missing children, Akers said, but he hopes that through the team's efforts, families might at least be able to find some information about whether the children are still alive.

"You hope for a positive outcome, of course, but even a negative outcome is better than not knowing," Akers said.

That's what Becky Klino, of Skidmore, Mo., is hoping. Her son, Branson Perry, who was 20 at the time, was last seen in 2001. Since then, the family hasn't stopped looking for him, but they have heard nothing, Klino said.

"You never know where the leads may come from," she said. "This may help us find him, or at least we will know what happened."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 06:57:45 PM »

Human remains found 20 miles from Belton....

http://www.kctv5.com/news/16085729/detail.html?rss=kan&psp=news

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 07:39:24 PM »

Press Release

For Immediate Release
April 29, 2008

Washington D.C.
    FBI National Press Office
    (202) 324-3691

FBI Statement Regarding Midwest River Deaths

"Over the past several years, law enforcement and the FBI have received information about young, college-aged men who were found deceased in rivers in the Midwest. The FBI has reviewed the information about the victims provided by two retired police detectives and interviewed an individual who provided information to the detectives. To date, we have not developed any evidence to support links between these tragic deaths or any evidence substantiating the theory that these deaths are the work of a serial killer or killers. The vast majority of these instances appear to be alcohol-related drownings. The FBI will continue to work with the local police in the affected areas to provide support as requested,” said Supervisory Special Agent Richard J. Kolko, Washington, D.C.

http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel08/statement042908.htm

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 08:16:35 AM »

Smiley Face Killers 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.