April 25, 2024, 06:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Kara Kopetsky msg 5-4-07 Belton, MO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 94823 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »

Human remains found 20 miles from Belton....

http://www.kctv5.com/news/16085729/detail.html?rss=kan&psp=news

Bones tentatively reported as male......

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police were scouring a wooded area Wednesday after a man found human bones along Noland Road at about 8 p.m. Tuesday.

The remains, about half of a human skeletan, were near a horse ranch in southeast Kansas City, not far from Lee's Summit, Mo.

Noah Moran, who lives in an RV and owns the horse ranch, found the bones.

"The body had black boots on, blue jeans," Moran said. "There was something laying across it's body, so I couldn't see if there was a body there, but the head was gone and the neck bone was laying off to the side, and ... there was a gun laying there."
http://www.kctv5.com/news/16085729/detail.html?rss=kan&psp=news

video's at site

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »

Smiley Face Killers 

I was just reading about the Smiley Face Killers earlier today.  Very interesting.  I think they ought to expand their geographic parameters to include the Missouri River and definitely the Mississippi River.   I think that would be interesting if indeed a connection could be made between the victims and the geography. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 08:36:53 AM »

Family and friends of missing teen share an unwanted bond

Rhonda Beckford still pays the bill for her daughter’s cell phone, but Kara Kopetsky has not answered that phone for a year now.

Undeterred, Beckford puts the $49.57 on her debit card each month. She even dialed the number about a month ago. Just in case. As with countless other calls over the past year, it rolled into Kara’s voice mail.

In that sense, nothing has changed since Kara vanished that Friday — May 4, 2007.

Security cameras captured her in Belton High School, heading for an exit. That was the last she was seen, as far as anybody knows. Police have no better idea of her whereabouts today than the day they got the call. Tips and sightings come in and are investigated, they say, but don’t lead anywhere. In that sense, too, nothing has changed.

But in many other ways, things have changed in the past year for Kara’s family and friends.

“Just watching the news is different … you empathize more,” Beckford said. “Before, you would see something and change the channel because it doesn’t affect you.”

Indeed, Beckford now finds herself connected to strangers in the news, whether it’s a relative of a missing person or anybody who has suffered the loss of a loved one. In the past 12 months, Beckford and her husband — Kara’s stepfather, Jim Beckford — met relatives of more than a half-dozen other well-known missing people or crime victims such as Shawn Hornbeck, Kelsey Smith, Summer Shipp, Sam and Lindsey Porter and others.

“It helps to talk to people who understand how you feel,” Rhonda Beckford said.

At first, she didn’t realize that. In the weeks after Kara disappeared, Rhonda Beckford received a call from Pam Akers, the mother of Hornbeck, a St. Louis area teenager. He was missing for more than four years until found alive in 2007.

“She wanted to know if there was anything the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation could do for us,” Beckford said. “At that time, I had a lot of people calling asking if they could help. All I could say is, ‘Tell me where Kara is.’ I didn’t know what else to say.”

As the months passed, Beckford learned to accept support from Akers, such as learning new ways to keep Kara’s face in front of the public. Recently, the Beckfords traveled across the state to meet with Akers after learning that Kara’s photo would grace the hood of a race car motoring around dirt tracks of Missouri.

“People in these situations need to pull together and rely on each other,” said Jim Beckford.

While the Beckfords now find themselves part of a community that shares an unwanted bond, they also find themselves the objects of interest for strangers.

“We go anywhere at all, and you can tell people recognize us,” Rhonda Beckford said.

Some people approach, offering sympathy and prayers. Some, perhaps in an awkward attempt to provide hope, speculate that Kara simply ran away. Rhonda Beckford usually smiles and says, “Thanks.” Instead, she would like to tell those strangers that her daughter didn’t run away.

The Beckfords have grown accustomed to such moments, even at United Parcel Service in Lenexa, where they have worked a combined 32 years.

“A lot of people at work say, ‘We don’t know how to talk to you; we don’t know what to say,’ ” Jim Beckford said. “I tell them, ‘Talk to us like you always do. It’s OK to talk about it.’ ”

Some interactions, though, are more poignant. Like the time Kara’s brother, Thomas, 9, noticed his mom crying as she sat at the computer. She was reading messages on Kara’s page on the social network Web site MySpace.com.

“He came over and said, ‘That’s enough, Mom,’ ” Rhonda Beckford recalled. “He’s been exposed to all of this. He knows we are hurting, and we know he’s hurting.”

A boy who enjoyed playing Xbox video games with his sister as much as fussing with her was forced to stand tall for Mom and Dad.

Some changes have been welcome: “My faith has grown in leaps and bounds,” Rhonda Beckford said.

Some have not: Last year, the family skipped their annual summer canoe trip, and trips to the lake these days are rare.

“It’s just a matter of your priorities changing,” Rhonda Beckford said.

Priorities. Before Kara disappeared, Crystal Evans’ biggest priority when logging on to MySpace each day was to catch up on the latest gossip. Evans — who met Kara in eighth-grade band class and became her best friend before moving to Nebraska — eagerly anticipated messages from back in Belton. They swapped tales of schools, parents, jobs and boyfriends.

When Kara disappeared, Evans continued to log on to MySpace every day, but with a greater sense of purpose. She started a separate page on the site to get the word out about Kara, hoping someone online would provide a clue.

“It used to be I’d get on there every single night, and there would be a ton of messages,” she said. “I don’t get on there as much now.”

Evans, 18, finds her emotions tugged between fear that Kara was abducted and murdered, and confusion over the possibility that she ran away but chose not to contact her family or friends.

Evans has not come up with anything that makes sense.

Belton police Sgt. Brad Swanson, too, has seen nothing to suggest that Kara ran away.

“She didn’t take any extra clothes, didn’t take cigarettes, didn’t get money out of her bank account,” Swanson said. “She didn’t do the things runaways do.”

He said he has heard of cases in which someone deliberately vanishes without a trace.

“But they are typically older,” he said. “Not a girl that’s barely 17 with no car, no money, no way to do the things that she needs to do to live.”

Nothing, though, points to Kara as the victim of a crime, he said. Nobody reported seeing her forced into a car. None of her belongings was found strewn along the sidestreets that run the half-mile between Belton High School and her home.

Police continue to get leads in the case, Swanson said, including one in the past few weeks. In the past year, detectives have received reports of sightings from Idaho to Pleasant Hill.

Officers immediately tried to verify the sightings, using the help of officers in other jurisdictions or the FBI. The most police were able to accomplish was track the sightings to females who resembled Kara.

For now, police are stuck waiting for that tip that would break the case open — just as they were in the first days after Kara disappeared. For them, too, nothing has changed.

This afternoon, at a walk to mark the anniversary of Kara’s disappearance, Rhonda Beckford will talk about her daughter. She will accept hugs from total strangers.

Then she will return home and wait for the day a call comes from Kara’s cell phone.

Anyone with information on Kara’s whereabouts is asked to call the Belton Police Department at 816-331-1500 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (474-8477). A $25,000 reward is available.

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/604165.html

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 03:31:09 AM »

Upcoming Events

Saturday, June 21 Planning Teamster's Rally at Belton Price Chopper Parking Lot @ 11am          Please check back!

July 26 Planning Fundraiser Fashion Show               Please check back!

Summer Planning Fundraiser Bike Ride for Kara         Please check back!

http://www.searchingforkara.com/

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »

Reward increased for girl missing since May 2007
November 14, 2008

BELTON, Mo. — The reward for finding a Belton girl missing for 18 months has been raised to $80,000 - if she's safely returned by her birthday.

Kara (KAR'-uh) Kopetsky's 19th birthday is Feb. 17. She was last seen May 7, 2007, at Belton High School, near her home.

The girl's family and friends have collected $30,000 in reward money, and an anonymous donor has temporarily added $50,000 in hopes of someone coming forward with information.

Kopetsky is about 5 feet 5 inches tall and 125 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Her parents - Jim and Rhonda Beckford - said Kara called home the morning she disappeared asking her mother to wash her work clothes because she had to report for work later that day.

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/359454.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »

Kara Kopetsky -- May 4, 2007 In hallway at Belton High shortly before she vanished.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1W-Y0YJJnk
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:43:18 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »

Family of Missing Belton Teen Kara Kopetsky Not Giving Up

February 17, 2009

BELTON, MO - The family of Kara Kopetsky is celebrating her 19th birthday, but without the birthday girl herself as her family works to remind the community of her disappearance two years ago in May.

Experts with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children say it's not important anymore whether Kara Kopetsky left on her own ,or whether someone took her and she went missing. They say its important for authorities to assume that she's still in danger.

"Another birthday's come around and its another birthday we dont have kara with us," said Kara's father, Jim Beckford. "There's an emptiness, a loneliness there."

According to Belton Police, there is nothing new in their investigation. They say that occasionally a tip will come in to the police, but so far nothing that's lead them to Kara.

Sgt. Brad Swanson with the Belton Police said that he's surprised that with $80,000 in reward money on the line the people who know what happened to Kara have not come forward.

The reward will drop back to $30,000 after Kara's birthday.

"Everybody wants to know what happened to Kara," said Kara's mother, Rhonda Beckford. "I mean not just us. I mean shes got a bigger family now."

"They go on with their own lives, we cant. We have a child missing, we have an empty bedroom, we have an empty dinner plate at the table. And we're not giving up," said Rhonda.

If you have any information about the disappearance of Kara Kopetsky, police ask that you call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-story-kara-kopetsky-021709,0,1826969.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 08:08:09 AM »

Snipped from http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/

One of those friends, Kylr Yust, 18, was Kara's on-again-off-again boyfriend for much of the school year. Anyone who's read Kara's MySpace page knows about the tempestuous Kara-Kylr hookup. Police say that a few days before she disappeared, Kylr and Kara had a dustup that resulted in an order of protection requiring Kylr to stay away from her. On April 24, Kara wrote: "So life hasn't been the greatest for me lately, over the last 9 months of my life iv dedicated my life to kylr … I made no other time for any of my friends nor my family. over those 9 months i forgot the person that I was. im trying to find that person again."

Kylr said Kara was a "flying by the seat of your pants" girl. "She just wanted to have fun and do everything and experience everything in life," he said. "She didn't think too forward. She was always in the moment. She didn't think about 'what am I gong to do when I grow up.'" He keeps pictures of her on his cell phone. He said she talked of running away to Mexico the next time she was punished at home. "Lately I've been kind of depressed about the whole thing," he says. "I have no idea where she is."
~~~~~~~~~
Mexico?...I don't think so  There is their suspect...go get him. I'd bet my last Oreo cookie he is guilty.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »

Most of what is at this link has already been posted. Snipping it ......
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/28/grace.coldcase.kopetsky/

.........Two years later, her family hasn't heard a word from Kara. She left behind most of her belongings -- money, clothes, iPod and a new carton of cigarettes. Her bank debit card was left in her school locker and her bank account, with $150 from her recent paycheck, remains untouched.

According to police in Belton, the case is being actively investigated. But with no certain evidence of foul play, police continue to characterize Kara's disappearance as an endangered and missing adult case.

The state of Missouri considers Kara Kopetsky to be an adult because she was 17 when she disappeared.

Belton Police Capt. Don Spears said police are looking at several persons of interest, but haven't narrowed their investigation to focus on a single suspect.

Her family says she has no history of running away. They say they fear that she was abducted when she left school that day.

"She is a very beautiful girl and so we often warned her to be careful, but like any teen, she had an attitude that she was invincible," her stepfather said.

About a month after she disappeared, Kara's case was eclipsed by another sensational case -- the abduction and slaying of Kelsey Smith.

Smith was taken from a store parking lot in Overland Park, Kansas, and her body was found in the Missouri woods, six miles from Kara's home in Belton. A suspect was charged, pleaded guilty, and is serving a life sentence.

Police in Belton and Overland Park compared notes but could find no connection.

According to family and police and Kara's MySpace profile, she had an on-again, off-again boyfriend. He lived in her neighborhood, was 18, and attended the same high school but dropped out earlier the spring Kara disappeared.

Kara was trying to end the relationship, friends told police. It is unclear whether the two saw each other the day Kara vanished.

A $30,000 reward is offered for tips leading to the whereabouts of Kara Kopetsky or the arrest of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

Police and family urge people to call the Belton Police Department's tip-line at 816-474-TIPS. Kara is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 125 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/28/grace.coldcase.kopetsky/

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »

Kelsey Smith

On the evening of June 6th 2007, police arrested 26-year-old Edwin Roy "Jack" Hall of Olathe, Kansas. Hall was charged on June 7, 2007 with premeditated first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping.

On Wednesday, August 1 2007, Hall was indicted by a Johnson County grand jury for murder, rape, and aggravated sodomy.

On July 23rd, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Edwin Hall plead guilty to all four charges brought against him as part of a plea agreement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith

People that do the violent act of Rape and Murder do not do this only 1 time.
 It is practiced violence and they are obsessed to do it.

I suggest Detectives go back over there notes and grill this guy and even try to get other convicts to find out from Edwin Roy "Jack" Hall, where Kara's body is located..

Detectives need to play Pin The Tail on the Convict and quit screwing around about it..
jmho

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »

Edward, I agree with you....the police need to look closer at this Hall guy....imo

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »

This is another case I was very interested in from day one.  I am really sad to see 2 years have come and gone and still nothing.  ugh.  I wonder what is going on with Kara's case at this point in time?  She's another one the police insisted she ran away.  And even with edwin hall not far from there kidnapping the other girl, they still would not put much effort into Kara's case.  The other girl's father was LE, so I really think that is why the other girl's case got so much more attention.  sad.  I always felt so badly for Kara's family trying to get help and in the beginning they were basically blown off.  ugh.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

Computer generated image of possible suspect

Photos of Edwin Hall
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:28:13 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Ariana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »

Kara Kopetsky is still missing
By Justin Kendall in NewsFriday, Aug. 21 2009 @ 9:52AM
​The rumors that the body of Kara Kopetsky had been found aren't true, her mother told KSHB Channel 41's Russ Ptacek.

Kopetsky hasn't been seen since May 2007.
Kopetsky's family have posted her story on the Internet and a $30,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Kopetsky's return.

Kopetsky's mom, Rhonda Beckford, said the rumors started last week, claiming Kopetsky's cell phone and clothes were found and later saying Kopetsky's body had been found. They're not true, and they're hurting the family, which hasn't had anything close to closure.

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/08/kara_kopetsky_is_still_missing.php
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 11:41:23 PM »

I don't remember hearing much about Kara due to another girl, Kelsey that was abducted from a local Target store went missing about the same time.  All of our local media was covering the Kelsey Smith case.  I'm approx. 20 -30 minutes away from where Kara went missing, I recall seeing signs asking for help everywhere I went and yet no one really mentioned it.  Everyone assumed she ran away.

I read they recovered her ATM card out of her school locker, why would a 17 year old leave school on a Friday without it?   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »

Computer generated image of possible suspect

Photos of Edwin Hall

I don't know if anyone screen captured any of his myspace info or not, they removed it right after his arrest.   I looked at it when they were looking for him and it was disgusting!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 12:15:13 AM »

My youngest daughter informed that Kara's younger brother (19 at the time) committed suicide last Summer.  My daughter was friends with him throughout elementary & middle school. 

My prayers are with this family, they have been through a lot.  an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »

Her brother (step-brother) was only 8 when she went missing..... ??

Perhaps she had a blood brother too?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:59:22 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »

Her brother (step-brother) was only 8 when she went missing..... ??

Perhaps she had a blood brother too?

IIRC it is her step-brother (stepmoms son).

My daughter sent me the Obit - but I didn't think I should post it with all the personal info in it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.