April 23, 2024, 10:31:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Kara Kopetsky msg 5-4-07 Belton, MO REMAINS FOUND  (Read 94766 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »

It's too bad there is a cure for stupidity 

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/kara-kopetskys-ex-boyfriend-kylr-yust-arrested-in-company-of-attack-victim-from-restraining-order

Kara Kopetsky's ex-boyfriend, Kylr Yust, arrested in company of attack victim from restraining order

- Despite a restraining order forbidding it, Kylr Yust, the 23-year-old ex-boyfriend of Kara Kopetsky, was arrested Thursday in the company of a woman he attacked in July.
 ::snipping2::
The 18-year-old woman with Yust during his arrest had filed a restraining order against him in August after he attacked her in the Kansas City apartment they shared.

Tuesday, the woman had asked a judge to dismiss the restraining order, saying “I don’t need it anymore,” but pending a hearing the order remains active.

Nice.

He throws three baby kittens to the ground repeatedly, killing them, choked a six month pregnant girl threatening to kill her, admitted to killing others, and stole property from a business.

Yet, he walks free.

Amazing.

It is my belief we should objectively yet critically analyze violent behavior and how these investigations (and those of missing children in general) are handled.  There is a lot of room for improvement.

Like parasites, viruses, and bacteria, these predators are morphing and changing but LE (training) and the justice system (law) are not keeping up.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2011, 12:50:46 PM »

Please don't attack me.  This is my opinion only.  I am not saying in any way that the many dedicated law officers working these investigations are not worthy of our appreciation.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »

It's too bad there is a cure for stupidity 

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/kara-kopetskys-ex-boyfriend-kylr-yust-arrested-in-company-of-attack-victim-from-restraining-order

Kara Kopetsky's ex-boyfriend, Kylr Yust, arrested in company of attack victim from restraining order

- Despite a restraining order forbidding it, Kylr Yust, the 23-year-old ex-boyfriend of Kara Kopetsky, was arrested Thursday in the company of a woman he attacked in July.
The 18-year-old woman with Yust during his arrest had filed a restraining order against him in August after he attacked her in the Kansas City apartment they shared.

Tuesday, the woman had asked a judge to dismiss the restraining order, saying “I don’t need it anymore,” but pending a hearing the order remains active.

Nice.

He throws three baby kittens to the ground repeatedly, killing them, choked a six month pregnant girl threatening to kill her, admitted to killing others, and stole property from a business.

Yet, he walks free.

Amazing.

It is my belief we should objectively yet critically analyze violent behavior and how these investigations (and those of missing children in general) are handled.  There is a lot of room for improvement.

Like parasites, viruses, and bacteria, these predators are morphing and changing but LE (training) and the justice system (law) are not keeping up.

*and a quick note, I left out the word 'not' in my original post.  It should have read "It is too bad there is NOT a cure for stupidity.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »

http://www.kmbz.com/Possible-developments-in-the-Kara-Kopetsky-case/12232120
Posted: Thursday, 09 February 2012 2:08PM
Developments in the Kara Kopetsky case?

There is news of a possible development in the case of missing Belton teenage Kara Kopetsky.

As part of an investigative report, 41 Action News reporter Russ Ptacek says a Cadaver dog had a "hit" at a location that is part of the investigation. At this time, there is no confirmation the Cadaver dog "hit" has definite ties to the Kopetsky case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/russptacek
41 Action News @41ActionNews
#Kopetsky | Watch the video at this link to see a special preview of @RussPtacek's #KaraKopetsky udpate pub.vitrue.com/iIXt
Retweeted by Russ Ptacek

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/KSHBRussPtacek
Russ Ptacek
Kara Kopetsky Investigaiton: Here is the first video we've release from our investigation into the cadaver dog hit and the secret Kara Kopetsky sleuths. Story airs Monday at ten. — with Russ Ptacek.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/private-sleuths-uncover-new-information-on-missing-kara-kopetsky
Private sleuths uncover new information on missing Kara Kopetsky
February 10, 2012

Russ Ptacek, an investigative reporter for KSHB 41 Action News in Kansas City will be announcing new information surrounding the missing Kara Kopetsky case.

Kara disappeared over four years ago from Belton, Missouri.  She was 17 at the time.   Just before  she disappeared she was allegedly having trouble with her boyfriend, Kylr Yurst who had choked her and threatening to kill her.  Kara obtained a restraining order against him before she went missing.  Police have said that Yust passed a lie detector test and has an alibi, and is not a person of interest in the Kopetsky case.

Ptacek says that next Monday he will reveal new information obtained by a group of private sleuths that the news website says "will blow the lid off of this Kansas City case."

Russ tells 41 Action News evening anchor Christa Dubill that the group does not want to reveal their identities, but they are a group of regular citizens, retired police officers and websleuths, that are working for free to find clues to what happen to Kara Kopetsky.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Private sleuths uncover new information on missing Kara Kopetsky - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/private-sleuths-uncover-new-information-on-missing-kara-kopetsky#ixzz1mB8AjR4b

~ Peter Frampton
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »

Thank you trimmonthelake for keeping this so well updated.

They started hyping this story about new findings several days ago.  If they found anything why are they waiting so many days to reveal it?  If they were holding the story so police would have time to investigate then they wouldn't be able to schedule an air date a few days in advance.  If they did wait until the police investigated and they can schedule the air date because the investigation is complete, then there must have been nothing to it because Kara hasn't been found and noone's been arrested. 

I think we are all being duped here, it is sweeps month in the television world.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »

They started hyping this story about new findings several days ago.  If they found anything why are they waiting so many days to reveal it?  If they were holding the story so police would have time to investigate then they wouldn't be able to schedule an air date a few days in advance.  If they did wait until the police investigated and they can schedule the air date because the investigation is complete, then there must have been nothing to it because Kara hasn't been found and noone's been arrested. 

I think we are all being duped here, it is sweeps month in the television world.

I feel the same way. 

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »

I feel the same way. 
Ditto.  If they had anything of substance to offer why not spill and give the poor girl's family and friends some closure.  Really sad.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/secret-group-uncovers-new-clues-in-their-search-for-kara-kopetsky-feb2012swp
Secret group uncovers new clues in the search for Kara Kopetsky
Posted: 4:25 AM
Last Updated: 3 hours and 7 minutes ago

Find out what this group of investigators have uncovered and what has this secret group so afraid of the police that they've asked us to hide their identities.

Don't miss this exclusive investigation on 41 Action News, Monday at 10.

In the meantime, get caught up on our coverage of the case at http://tinyurl.com/kopetsky

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/secret-group-uncovers-new-clues-in-their-search-for-kara-kopetsky-feb2012swp
Secret group uncovers new clues in their search for a missing Belton teenager
Posted: 02/13/2012
Last Updated: 22 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A civilian cadaver dog working as part of a secret Kara Kopetsky sleuth group has made a “hit” on an occupied home and members of that group say Belton police are threatening them with a grand jury aimed at exposing their identities and their efforts to find the missing teenager.

“I think there's a possibility that yeah, she could possibly be there,” Kara’s mom, Rhonda Beckford told the 41 Action News Investigators shortly after our cameras documented the cadaver dog signaling its trainer.

Beckford fears police threats against members of the secret group could halt progress in the search for clues that could explain what happened to the teenager the day she disappeared in May 2007.

“From what I've been told from the individuals, yeah I do believe that they've been trying to intimidate them and scare them off so they'll quite helping us,” Beckford said.

“Nobody wants to be threatened with the possibility of a grand jury when they're trying to do the right thing,” Mike Beckford, Kara’s stepfather said.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/secret-group-uncovers-new-clues-in-their-search-for-kara-kopetsky-feb2012swp#ixzz1mK0G439W

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:57 AM »

Secret group uncovers new clues in their search for a missing Belton teenager
Posted: 02/13/2012
Last Updated: 27 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A civilian cadaver dog working as part of a secret Kara Kopetsky sleuth group has made a “hit” on an occupied home and members of that group say Belton police are threatening them with a grand jury aimed at exposing their identities and their efforts to find the missing teenager.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/secret-group-uncovers-new-clues-in-their-search-for-kara-kopetsky-feb2012swp#ixzz1mMmrswiZ

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »

Thank you again, Trimmy. I can't believe I missed this one...been missing way too much in past months Sad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2012, 05:23:41 AM »

Five years later, march keeps search for Kara Kopetsky in the public eye
By MIKE HENDRICKS
The Kansas City Star
Updated: 2012-05-07

Family and friends of Kara Kopetsky marched along Missouri 58 in Belton on Sunday afternoon to mark the anniversary of the teenager’s disappearance. Kara’s mother, Rhonda Beckford, and Kara’s stepfather, Jim Beckford, (far right) still don’t have an answer for what happened to Kara, who has been missing since May 4, 2007. The reward for information still stands at $80,000.
Video: Family and friends mark the anniversary of Kara Kopetsky's disappearance
The parents of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky never imagined that five years after their daughter vanished, they would still be left with no answers.
Still, they never give up hope.
And so on Sunday, as they do every year, family and friends marked the anniversary of Kara’s disappearance with a two-mile march.
Some carried signs. Some wore T-shirts printed with a picture of Kara and a plea to the community over it.
“Help Find Our Missing Star,” it read.
“We’ve done it for the past five years as a way to honor Kara,” said the girl’s stepdad, Jim Beckford. “We call it our honor walk.”
The reward for information still stands at $80,000, and no one has come close to collecting it.
Little has changed since last year’s march.
“Intermittent,” Kara’s mom, Rhonda Beckford, said when asked how often they hear from police.
“If I’ve got a question,” Jim said, “I’ll call and ask them.”
In addition to honoring their daughter, the Beckfords say, the walks keep Kara’s name and face in the public eye.
Maybe a story like this one will trigger a memory or a flash of conscience. Maybe someone will pick up a phone and help unravel the painful mystery.
“It’s not closure we want — we’ll never have that,” Jim said. “But what we really want is resolution. We want to know what happened to Kara, good or bad.”
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/06/35978...eps-search.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2012, 11:04:25 AM »

Five years later, march keeps search for Kara Kopetsky in the public eye
By MIKE HENDRICKS
The Kansas City Star
Updated: 2012-05-07

Family and friends of Kara Kopetsky marched along Missouri 58 in Belton on Sunday afternoon to mark the anniversary of the teenager’s disappearance. Kara’s mother, Rhonda Beckford, and Kara’s stepfather, Jim Beckford, (far right) still don’t have an answer for what happened to Kara, who has been missing since May 4, 2007. The reward for information still stands at $80,000.
Video: Family and friends mark the anniversary of Kara Kopetsky's disappearance
The parents of missing Belton teen Kara Kopetsky never imagined that five years after their daughter vanished, they would still be left with no answers.
Still, they never give up hope.
And so on Sunday, as they do every year, family and friends marked the anniversary of Kara’s disappearance with a two-mile march.
Some carried signs. Some wore T-shirts printed with a picture of Kara and a plea to the community over it.
“Help Find Our Missing Star,” it read.
“We’ve done it for the past five years as a way to honor Kara,” said the girl’s stepdad, Jim Beckford. “We call it our honor walk.”
The reward for information still stands at $80,000, and no one has come close to collecting it.
Little has changed since last year’s march.
“Intermittent,” Kara’s mom, Rhonda Beckford, said when asked how often they hear from police.
“If I’ve got a question,” Jim said, “I’ll call and ask them.”
In addition to honoring their daughter, the Beckfords say, the walks keep Kara’s name and face in the public eye.
Maybe a story like this one will trigger a memory or a flash of conscience. Maybe someone will pick up a phone and help unravel the painful mystery.
“It’s not closure we want — we’ll never have that,” Jim said. “But what we really want is resolution. We want to know what happened to Kara, good or bad.”
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/06/35978...eps-search.html
My prayers for those who do not know what has happened to their children or loved ones.  I can't imagine the horror and the void they must endure every hour of every day.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kara-kopetsky/view
KARA KOPETSKY

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »

Photo of woman who looks like Kara Kopetsky has Belton talking
Updated: Sep 06, 2012 6:57 AM MDT

BELTON, MO (KCTV) - It has been more than five years since Kara Kopetsky disappeared outside Belton High School, but a new photo had some believing she might be in Indianapolis.

The Belton Police Department continues to investigate a mother arrested in Indianapolis with similar features to Kopetsky, but at this point they believe she is not Kopetsky.

However, the picture has a lot of people in Belton talking.

"They had gotten a tip that they thought this girl was Kara," Kopetsky's mother, Rhonda Beckford, said.

Kopetsky's mother said she knew it wasn't her daughter, but said she did have to study the picture.

"She definitely resembles Kara, especially if you figure that maybe after five years Kara will have changed. Possibly lost a lot of weight you know," Beckford said.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19350101/kara-kopetsky
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »

Hi guys, we have another young lady who recently dissappeared, Jessica Runions.

She was last seen with Kyl Yost leaving a party last Thursday.

I would post a link, but I'm on my mobile.

They found her burned out car and Kylr showed up drunk at work with scratches on his face the following day.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2016, 05:41:26 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/missouri-man-charged-burning-missing-woman-s-suv-n646991
Missouri Man Charged With Burning Missing Woman's SUV
September 12, 2016

A Missouri man was arrested Sunday for burning the SUV of a 21-year-old woman who vanished on Thursday night, police said.

Kylr Yust, 27, was seen leaving a party on Thursday with Jessica Runions, of Raymore, south of Kansas City. On Friday night at 10:30 p.m. (11:30 p.m. ET), Runions was reported missing, and nearly four hours later, her black Chevy Equinox was found burned and unoccupied in South Kansas City.
Yust was arrested at 8:30 a.m. in Edwards, about two hours southeast of Kansas City, and charged with knowingly burning Runions' vehicle, Kansas City police said.

It was not immediately clear if Yust had a lawyer.

Yust's former girlfriend disappeared in 2007 after she filed a restraining order against him.

Kara Kopetsky, then 17, has never been found, and Yust was never charged with a crime in connection with her disappearance.

In a separate case in 2011, Yust pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge after a girlfriend said he'd choked her until she fainted.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.