April 25, 2024, 04:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING #28 8/23/11 - 10/24/11  (Read 564054 times)
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1300 on: September 22, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

This is really nice, CC, but it we need to link back to the article/source.  MB
Link:
  http://www.ehow.com/info_8124547_thank-gifts-veterinarian.html

JSM - By Irene Finley, eHow Contributor
A veterinarian can be an important person in your life as she cares for your animal family members. Often people want to thank their veterinarians for their services beyond just monetary payments. There are many different gifts that you can give to your veterinarian as a friendly way to say thank you and show your appreciation.
Framed Picture of Your Pet
A picture of your healthy, happy pet is an appropriate gift to to the veterinarian. Many veterinarians like to display pictures of the pets that they know and have helped in their offices. The picture can be both a way for your veterinarian to remember your pet and a way to show potential clients that the veterinarian is a competent and effective doctor. Place the photograph in a nice frame and present it to the veterinarian during your next visit or drop it off with his receptionist or secretary.
Donation to Local Animal Shelter
Veterinarians frequently have ties to the animal shelters in their communities. Those shelters are always in need of monetary donations to help them house, feed and provide medical attention to animals without homes. Determine if your veterinarian supports a particular animal shelter in your area and make a donation to that shelter. When you make the donation, let the shelter know that you are donating money in honor of the good work of your veterinarian. You can send the receipt indicating your donation to the veterinarian along with a thank you card.
Food Gift Basket
A gift basket of fresh fruit, snacks and candies is also a polite way to thank your veterinarian. You could have the basket delivered to her office by a service that specializes in preparing gift baskets or you could assemble and deliver the gift basket yourself. Along with the gift basket, you should include a handwritten note briefly explaining why you are thanking the veterinarian. A gift basket is a nice gift for an office because the veterinarian can share the goodies in the basket with her office staff.
Animal Treats
Veterinarian offices are always in need of treats for their animal patients. You could save them the time and expense of purchasing treats by getting them yourself. If you are able to bake treats, such as dog biscuits, consider baking several dozen of them and putting them in a tasteful jar. The veterinarian can display the jar in his office and give the treats to patients. Alternatively, you could purchase treats from a local pet food supply store or bakery that specializes in animal treats.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:27:56 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Do No Evil 
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1301 on: September 22, 2011, 07:10:17 PM »

Edit to add link.  MB http://www.ehow.com/info_8124547_thank-gifts-veterinarian.html
A veterinarian can be an important person in your life as she cares for your animal family members. Often people want to thank their veterinarians for their services beyond just monetary payments. There are many different gifts that you can give to your veterinarian as a friendly way to say thank you and show your appreciation.
A picture of your healthy, happy pet is an appropriate gift to to the veterinarian. Many veterinarians like to display pictures of the pets that they know and have helped in their offices. The picture can be both a way for your veterinarian to remember your pet and a way to show potential clients that the veterinarian is a competent and effective doctor. Place the photograph in a nice frame and present it to the veterinarian during your next visit or drop it off with his receptionist or secretary.
Veterinarians frequently have ties to the animal shelters in their communities. Those shelters are always in need of monetary donations to help them house, feed and provide medical attention to animals without homes. Determine if your veterinarian supports a particular animal shelter in your area and make a donation to that shelter. When you make the donation, let the shelter know that you are donating money in honor of the good work of your veterinarian. You can send the receipt indicating your donation to the veterinarian along with a thank you card.
Food Gift Basket
A gift basket of fresh fruit, snacks and candies is also a polite way to thank your veterinarian. You could have the basket delivered to her office by a service that specializes in preparing gift baskets or you could assemble and deliver the gift basket yourself. Along with the gift basket, you should include a handwritten note briefly explaining why you are thanking the veterinarian. A gift basket is a nice gift for an office because the veterinarian can share the goodies in the basket with her office staff.
Animal Treats
Veterinarian offices are always in need of treats for their animal patients. You could save them the time and expense of purchasing treats by getting them yourself. If you are able to bake treats, such as dog biscuits, consider baking several dozen of them and putting them in a tasteful jar. The veterinarian can display the jar in his office and give the treats to patients. Alternatively, you could purchase treats from a local pet food supply store or bakery that specializes in animal treats.
Great ideas CC, you always come through!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:28:40 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1302 on: September 22, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »

Yikes it's like a ghost town in here today.

Hope all the monkeys are doing okay.

Trimm prayers for you and hubs having to deal with the crazies next door.

4Donks I think you should paint your tractor pink. 

JSM  Prayers for you that it gets easier every day.  an angelic monkey

All the rest of the monkeys that have posted and given such wonderful words to JSM. I think you are all wonderful.  an angelic monkey

Some good news daughter has found her own place for her and the kids. Which is a good thing. For them and grandpa & I.   
Good deal! Rest up. 

I might rest up with one or two of
No down time for you GE - you got company coming, up and at em     want me to come down and help, you know how much we can get done together    Monkey Devil!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1303 on: September 22, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »

They are putting Christmas lights up in Dallas already.........Didn't we just do Christmas - Dang I must be getting old or someone's knocking months of of the calendar!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1304 on: September 22, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »

They are putting Christmas lights up in Dallas already.........Didn't we just do Christmas - Dang I must be getting old or someone's knocking months of of the calendar!

I had to go to Wallyworld today to pick up some winter rye seed and the whole garden shop was full of decorated Christmas trees. Not even halloween yet........

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1305 on: September 22, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »

Today is my nephew's birthday, have to go to dinner with the family in Dallas. Not really feeling like going, but he was the one that helped me with Josef Friday night, so I feel obligated. Not really feeling like seeing family and my mom telling me to cheer up. These steroids I think are doing a number on my depressed mood and I am not much company to be around. PetLodge girl texted that her rottie went into Josef's hallway looking for him and just kept looking at the kennel then at her and she told him Josef is in heaven with his brother (doxie named Thomas) that was the only dog that Josef wouldn't attack because they were both evil  Monkey Devil! She has been crying all week too. I need to get the girls something to remember him by, but I just don't know what. If any of you creative monkeys can give me hints I would appreciate it. TIA JSM  an angelic monkey

Maybe something like this? (Christmas ornaments)

http://www.amazon.com/Australian-Cattle-HEELER-Christmas-Ornament/dp/B003QF7M48

or this?

http://www.acepetgifts.com/product_NEW-Australian-Cattle-Dog-Christmas-Ornament-Cup-of-Tea.html

or a mousepad: http://www.zazzle.com/australian_cattle_dog_puppy_mousepad-144337211482104801

or  Godiva chocolates! http://www.godiva.com

Those are my thoughts.

Aren't you glad I did not post a picture of Godiva chocolates!?

an angelic monkey

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1306 on: September 22, 2011, 07:51:24 PM »

JSM..I am so sorry about Joseph's passing..but he is free of pain and problems and that's the best we can all hope for in life..when our time grows near and we are very ill that someone that loves us very much will do everything they can.  Joseph knows that..he knows you did all you could and that you loved him..the love that is all that matters in the end to all of God's creatures..us included.

The new doll's that are out..Cookie I am 100% with you..as a grand I would not buy one.  I will be 60 next month and I must be a different generation..because dolls like that do not preface the sex talk and shouldn't be a part of a young girl's play time.  Young girls already mother their dolls..and that is the most important part of motherhood..being able to mother, love and parent your child.  I can not imagine any child, male or female that doesn't think that a baby comes out of the mother's tummy..

But then again we have a generation that has had sex ed in school, minus hard talks from parents..and yet veneral deases are higher then ever and so are illegimate preganancies.  Go figure..there was a time mother's and father's talked abut sex, babies and marriage and the responsibilites involved......in this case the doll just poses as more acting out at a younger age..8 years do not need to have a doll pretending to give birth.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1307 on: September 22, 2011, 08:46:18 PM »

JSM..I am so sorry about Joseph's passing..but he is free of pain and problems and that's the best we can all hope for in life..when our time grows near and we are very ill that someone that loves us very much will do everything they can.  Joseph knows that..he knows you did all you could and that you loved him..the love that is all that matters in the end to all of God's creatures..us included.

The new doll's that are out..Cookie I am 100% with you..as a grand I would not buy one.  I will be 60 next month and I must be a different generation..because dolls like that do not preface the sex talk and shouldn't be a part of a young girl's play time.  Young girls already mother their dolls..and that is the most important part of motherhood..being able to mother, love and parent your child.  I can not imagine any child, male or female that doesn't think that a baby comes out of the mother's tummy..

But then again we have a generation that has had sex ed in school, minus hard talks from parents..and yet veneral deases are higher then ever and so are illegimate preganancies.  Go figure..there was a time mother's and father's talked abut sex, babies and marriage and the responsibilites involved......in this case the doll just poses as more acting out at a younger age..8 years do not need to have a doll pretending to give birth.

It is kinda too bad they can not give the young girls 5 minutes of labor pains - that would have been enough to convince me that I was not getting pg!  (this from a person that did it four times . . .)

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1308 on: September 22, 2011, 08:58:07 PM »

I just saw the news, tried to go back and see what happened. 

I'm so sorry JSM!   

It seems like yesterday I was where you are, it still hurts and I still miss her...always will.

But there is no pain or suffering now for Josef, or my Blondie.  I'm sure she greeted him at the Rainbow Bridge, that's her way... and we'll see them again one day.

I'm praying for you, and hoping that someday soon you'll find another that makes you smile again.  You went over and above for Josef, and I know he would want another furbaby to experience your love; when you're ready.

(((HUGS)))

an angelic monkey Texasmom, there are no words I can say but thank you and I am very sorry for your loss of Blondie. I know there is no more pain and yes I will be seeing him again. Thank you for the prayers and hugs. They mean a lot to me. 

Thanks JSM   

I hope you enjoy tonight, a nice dinner will do you good, and I'm sure your nephew has been worried about you.  I'm glad he was there to help you.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1309 on: September 22, 2011, 09:02:31 PM »

Ruby - you can unpack as mommy is coming to see us in a few days.

Do No Evil 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1310 on: September 22, 2011, 09:23:09 PM »

JSM - you forgot that I met our wedding crasher Bearly in person besides GE and Babs, and two others in Irving and Chicago who don't post.

Final interview with Cook County in four hours. If none of them pan out I'm moving to Texas and trying out for the role of the replacement Josef.

That will be fun - a leash and a whip!
  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil!  Monkey Devil! Leash and whip!!! Don't forget a muzzle   

Definitely need the muzzle.  I think most women generally like their love slaves speechless and to do as we say.   

I FOR ONE, AM PRAYING AND HOPING, THAT SOME DAY, AND I DO NOT PRAY, NOT RELIGIOUS AT ALL, THAT MR CC AND MRS. JSM CAN FIND A WAY TO LIVE TOGETHER IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE.  I do not know you guys long, but I swear, it would make my decade to see you too be together all the time. 

Gonna keep my figners crossed, and my toes, eyes, and anything else I can physical cross that CC's interview goes really crappy.   

I don't know about the muzzle.  If I remember, a man's mouth doesn't do much talking, but is good for other things.  I think things may come back to me in time, but seems I remember that.

indeed! lol

Hi Cookie!

I am remembering right, then?

yep..you are remembering right...lol...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1311 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »

It is kinda too bad they can not give the young girls 5 minutes of labor pains - that would have been enough to convince me that I was not getting pg!  (this from a person that did it four times . . .)

amen to that sista!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1312 on: September 22, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »

I just turned 60 in June so we are the same generation...

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1313 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »

BRANDI I emailed Josef's avatar picture to the man and he said it is a perfect picture  an angelic monkey . Thank you so much. PS my mom asked why I didn't have him in his school boy outfit instead.  She really liked that one.

I am so glad the picture is a good fit, JSM.

I think the school outfit was funny. LOL

Lemme see if I can find one.

I think you requested the beanie. LOL

Fun to know your mom liked this one! Maybe you can send her this to make her happy Wink

an angelic monkey
Thanks Brandi, I am glad it will work I really wanted him to use it. I did request the beanie. Love that picture, will send it to my mom.  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1314 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »

JSM..got your email and I sent you one back again...hope you get this one..

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1315 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:53 PM »

Edit to add link.  MB http://www.ehow.com/info_8124547_thank-gifts-veterinarian.html
Food Gift Basket
Animal Treats
 an angelic monkey Thank you CC, thought about pictures of him for the girls. Can't make a donation because I have to pay off his bill before I do that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:29:37 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1316 on: September 22, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »

Threw all my Christmas lights out cleaning out the closet. Must have been thousands of them. It isn't even Halloween yet, 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1317 on: September 22, 2011, 09:46:57 PM »

Today is my nephew's birthday, have to go to dinner with the family in Dallas. Not really feeling like going, but he was the one that helped me with Josef Friday night, so I feel obligated. Not really feeling like seeing family and my mom telling me to cheer up. These steroids I think are doing a number on my depressed mood and I am not much company to be around. PetLodge girl texted that her rottie went into Josef's hallway looking for him and just kept looking at the kennel then at her and she told him Josef is in heaven with his brother (doxie named Thomas) that was the only dog that Josef wouldn't attack because they were both evil  Monkey Devil! She has been crying all week too. I need to get the girls something to remember him by, but I just don't know what. If any of you creative monkeys can give me hints I would appreciate it. TIA JSM  an angelic monkey

Maybe something like this? (Christmas ornaments)

http://www.amazon.com/Australian-Cattle-HEELER-Christmas-Ornament/dp/B003QF7M48

or this?

http://www.acepetgifts.com/product_NEW-Australian-Cattle-Dog-Christmas-Ornament-Cup-of-Tea.html

or a mousepad: http://www.zazzle.com/australian_cattle_dog_puppy_mousepad-144337211482104801

or  Godiva chocolates! http://www.godiva.com

Those are my thoughts.

Aren't you glad I did not post a picture of Godiva chocolates!?

an angelic monkey

Brandi those ornaments are adorable I will have to check them out. I love chocolate 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1318 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

an angelic monkey Thank you Gypsy, I know he is free of his suffering, he knows I did everything I could to save him. I just keep waiting for the hole in my heart to heal. 

ITA I must be from your generation too about the baby doll. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1319 on: September 22, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.