March 28, 2024, 07:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipes That Need to be Shared  (Read 60716 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »

I just threw a turkey in my crock pot...heard it was delicious!  After its cooked you broil it in the oven for a 10 minutes to get the skin crispy.  I'm hoping it tastes as good as it has been smelling for the last 6 hours!!

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/

Leroy, a Cleaver tip to make stock with the chicken bones in the Crockpot after you debone the bird Smile

Recipe: The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
By 100 Days of Real Food, on February 25th, 2011
 ::snipping2::

Another great trick (that I learned from a friend!) is that after you pick off the good chicken meat you can leave the bones in the crock pot to make some stock. I usually start the chicken stock after dinner by filling it to the top with water, and then adding whatever I have on hand…bay leaf, carrot, celery, onion, parsley and/or thyme. Even if I am missing parsley or celery I still make it anyway, and it always turns out just fine. I keep it on low all night, and then in the morning I strain it into 1 or 2 cup Tupperware containers to store in the freezer. It works great and couldn’t be easier!

The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock PotIngredients
•2 teaspoons paprika
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon onion powder
•1 teaspoon thyme
•½ teaspoon garlic powder
•¼ teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
•¼ teaspoon black pepper
•1 onion
•1 large chicken
Directions
1.Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.

2.Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
3.Remove any giblets from the chicken and then rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
4.Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid.
5.Cook for 4 – 5 hours (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Enjoy!

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2011/02/25/recipe-the-best-whole-chicken-in-a-crock-pot/

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »

Sounds yummy everyone!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »

Sounds yummy everyone!

Hi everyone,

Cookie, I used half, beef broth and half chicken broth, the soup was rich with flavor.  I added shredded chicken
from when I cooked a whole six pound chicken, (in a five quart crock).  I do not know if it is beef soup or chicken soup. Smile

Chick-Beef, Soup

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »

lol..sounds yums!  I love soups anytime but mostly in the fall/winter...with warm bread/rolls...nothing better..

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2011, 05:45:15 AM »

lol..sounds yums!  I love soups anytime but mostly in the fall/winter...with warm bread/rolls...nothing better..

I am going to try more soup's in Crockpot.  You are so right, Cookie, soup is good.   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.